Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 201
What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?Page 9 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)

As to what she is obviously hiding, that will come out when she gets grilled on the stand.

Personally, I suspect it has something to do with strange desires involving farm animals, by my "eyes on scene" with the vid cam will have to bring it home before I can make a final determination.

Well my P.I. shows hidden bank accounts that Mrs. has been squirreling away money in while blaming the Mr. for the demise of the farm.

I have contacted the IRS and she is facing federal charges of tax fraud.
So visitation is moot as he would have to take the kids to visit her in club fed.

Mr. being the savvy business man has struck a deal with the feds to keep the farm. the IRS has seized.

For his help in revealing her criminal activity he will be getting her share of the farm minus the fines she owes.

Breaking news PETA has interest in the Mrs. as well.

Seems they have info on some illegal activity concerning the farm animals!

The outlook for the Mrs. seems bleak at best!
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 202
view profile
History
What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?
Posted: 5/26/2011 7:36:47 PM

Marriage is a social institution, a legal contract & a personal decision, not a legally based trap for men, and that is a fact.

......lol.........thats funny!!

Marriage is a promise of love, but a guarantee of liability..........and you can take that little fact to the bank. Most women do........
 UnixGrand
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2011 7:37:35 PM

Tax Deductions.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 204
Posted: 5/26/2011 10:18:36 PM
Well some of the boys love to feck the women and it's not always in a good way either.

The Mrs in my story was my Aunt, who is now 72 years old and the Mr was my Uncle who passed away a few years ago and their son is my cousin. This is how the divorce went down at the time of disolution in the early 1950's. The land and farm assets were worth a total of $7000.00 of which a $800.00 was still owing on the land. They purchased the land for $2200.00 when they married.....she through the "Dower Act"
put down $600 and he put in $400. The farming operation had increased in value by $4800 with $800 still outstanding = $4000 and a 60/40 split mean't that her share was $2400 and his share was $1600.

My grandfather loaned my Aunt the money to buy her ex-husband out if he would admit to adultery with the married woman to complete the divorce action. My cousin who was 16 didn't want anything to do with his father because of his father's alcoholism and abusive behavior towards him and he had spent most of his time learning the farming operation from his mother. My Aunt and her son remained living on the land and managed to etch out a pretty good living. My uncle never offered any form of child support and none was ever paid and in those days there was no such thing as court ordered child support.

My Aunt still lives on the land in her own brand new home and her son, wife and children live in another home on the same land. The land is now valued at over a million according to the last appraisal and is considered a historical site, due to the railroad running through the land, of which they collect the royalties.

What happened to my Uncle, well he re-married and tried to feck another woman over and she tossed his sorry arse into the manure pile.

As for the women who are currently paying alimony/spousal support and child support, they probably are getting just what they deserve. So I really don't feel sorry for them or the men who pay alimony and child support as well.

I'm sure glad Mr. RoadRunner is my friend, you see he was running for Wylie the Coyote and I was running from Willy the Coyote.........we had piles of stuff to talk about. I love his dark and handsome feathers.
 mrcs84
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2011 10:59:17 PM

Well some of the boys love to ....[snip]...dark and handsome feathers.

So....what was the point of you sharing that story?
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 206
Posted: 5/26/2011 11:53:12 PM

So....what was the point of you sharing that story?

My point mrcs84 is that men complain about having to pay court-ordered alimony/spousal support and/or child support and now there are women complaining of the same.......now that women are largely in the work force also. I made the statement as follows:

There isn't a doubt in my my mind, that if men could collect court-ordered alimony/spousal support and or child support and not have to provide the day to day care and control for their children, they would happily and without conscience do it without a second thought for the mother of their children. Even my father and bro agree with me on that note!!!

One poster, in my example would make his wife pay alimony and child support to him and have her continue to finance his lifestyle of alcoholism and promiscuity and thinks the child is better off living with an alcoholic rather than a mother who has spent a lot more quality time with him. Yet, another poster would try to have his ex-wife found criminally responsible for something and have her imprisoned so that he could get all the assets of the marriage. My point is.........that they are no better than the women they complain about and they probably deserved each other.

There are husbands who will live off the hard labors of their wives, gain wealth and not acknowledge it or value it and there are wives who will live off the hard labors of their husbands, gain wealth and not acknowledge it or value it in a divorce.

Men think they have been unfairly targeted for their evil ways, but women are being targeted as well................and I don't feel sorry for either! So, put the cheese back in the fridge, because nobody gets any cheese with their whine from me or Mr. RoadRunner.

And frankly, between you and me.........I don't give a damn if they consider themselves experts on the subject. Divorce means you and your partner are an "epic failure" at relationships, but hopefully people learn from their failures.............some never do.

And what I like most about life is either you got good Karma or bad Karma and IT....will always bite you in the arse.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 207
Posted: 5/27/2011 12:38:41 AM

And frankly, between you and me.........I don't give a damn if they consider themselves experts on the subject. Divorce means you and your partner are an "epic failure" at relationships, but hopefully people learn from their failures.............some never do.

Never claimed to be an expert but "bought" knowledge Is best. I have came close enough to loosing what I (not my wives) worked years to acquire to know I or anyone that has assets would be a idiot to jump into a marriage/LTR.

Even if the woman (in my case) had more assets than I, I would still require a prenup. I have no desire for anyone's money or things. Just as I have no desire to give away any of mine!

As far as being a epic failure both of the women I was married to cheated. The last one wanted to drive a wedge between my daughter and I. She was not my daughters mother .

My son set his sister straight after her step mother lied about me cheating on her.

That is when I brought an alienation of affection suit against the guy she had been cheating with.

I agreed to drop the suit after she agreed to own up to my daughter her indiscretions and never mention my name again.

but hopefully people learn from their failures.............some never do.

And what I like most about life is either you got good Karma or bad Karma and IT....will always bite you in the arse.

Yes I did learn a lot from the failures of my relationships. First I learned to protect myself no matter how much I care for someone and how much they claim to care for me. Cause even if they mean it at the time PEOPLE CHANGE and divorce laws will screw you!

I also agree with you about karma. My last ex ended up marrying the man she cheated on me with. The thing was he had been married to a stripper/call girl a year or so before she started her affair with him.
The stripper had the gift that keeps on giving. (herpes) I had a vasectomy so while she was married to me she required him to use condoms. It would have been hard to explain a pregnancy.

However since they were married my ex now has the "gift" also. (how do I know this?)
Dated their Dr.'s nurse and she wanted me tested before she would do the horizontal mambo. Checked out fine BTW.

While I sold my business' and moved to the gulf coast paid cash for a home and live the life of a semi retired bachelor.

So yes krama rocks!

Rant on about how unfair marriage is to women. I know better and as my dad use to say....I wouldn't do it for love nor money!
 Maleman999
Msg: 208
Posted: 5/27/2011 8:28:20 AM

A pre-nuptial legal agreement is also important to protect the rights of both partners and the children.

I read a story in the paper about Terminator Arnold and the ex's up-coming divorce and there a couple of interesting points in it:

"Arnold Schwarzenegger’s divorce could cost him $200 million."
"While the couple is believed to have a prenuptial agreement, because of the former governor of California’s infidelity and the length of the marriage, it could be voided."

So what's the point of going through the trouble and expense of getting a pre-nup if it can be tossed out and voided at some point? If the purpose of a pre-nup is protect your assets when divorcing, why should the cause of the divorce or length of marriage have anything to do with it? Either one of them are wealthy enough to have hired the top lawyers in the country to draw up an "iron clad" pre-nup before they got married. It's looking like a pre-nup is nothing more than a money making scheme by lawyers to rip off clients and doesn't have any value in the long run.

Does anyone here have any experience of getting a divorce and having a pre-nup? If so, was the pre-nup followed through to the letter?
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 209
Posted: 5/27/2011 11:36:32 AM

I wouldn't do it for love nor money!

Well, I guess marriage #1 was for love & sex, 2nd marriage was for money & sex.......so I guess we know what your agenda for being on POF is.

Buwah..ha.ha

Of course..........it's for the entertainment value of POF, we all know that, let's not be silly about that.

Well gotta run now.......Mr. RoadRunner has spotted Mr. Wylie Coyote and Mr. Willie Coyote in an "Acme Products" dune buggy, so we gotta high-tail it to more mountainous regions. Meep Meep!
 NewToTN9
Msg: 210
Posted: 5/27/2011 12:02:44 PM
Here is another real life scenario which is mainstream and significantly more common than the ardwark scenario presented by RazzleRoadRunner.

Husband and wide married for 19 years. Wife was a licensed stock broker who decided she wanted to stay at home for 1 year upon the birth of their first child. She, on her own accord and doing, continued to stay at home past the 1st year “to spend more time with her child”. A year later, child #2 is on the way. Of course, she wants to remain at home to tend for her second child as well and repeats the process. After a 5 year period, she comes to the realization that the gap in her resume (that she knowingly and willingly created) will force her to entry level jobs as her skill set is outdated. She promptly argues that the cost of child care outweighs the second income (which was nothing more than an excuse for not wanting to go back to work). A few more years go by and she is getting used to the standard of living generated by her husband’s $220k annual income. The children are of school years and she is getting irritated by her husband’s long work hours while simultaneously complaining that he is not making enough to support the lifestyle she “deserves” (yes he still makes $220k+). So she promptly takes a lover. Six months down the road she decides to file for divorce while simultaneously disclosing $50k of additional credit card debt taken out during the latter part of the marriage (unknownst to the husband).

The no-fault divorce settlement was as follows:
a) She will receive $1,150 in monthly child support.
b) She received the $785k house.
c) She will receive an additional $5,600 per month in alimony payments for the next 8 years (she asked for $9,600/month).
d) She was awarded 50% of all retirement accounts and assets (which she never contributed to).
e) She receives primary custody. This despite the fact that the husband petitioned for shared custody and both children proclaimed that they preferred to live with the father.
f) The husband to assume the repayment of the $50k in credit debt.
g) The husband to assume all legal fees for both parties.

The husband is now living in a small apartment and had to downgrade the car due to the extraneous expenses levied by the divorce all while the wife moved in her new boyfriend (who is unemployed) into the couples house.

For the single men, don’t marriage look like an awesome investment!!!
 x_file
Msg: 211
Posted: 5/27/2011 1:19:16 PM

The husband is now living in a small apartment and had to downgrade the car due to the extraneous expenses levied by the divorce all while the wife moved in her new boyfriend (who is unemployed) into the couples house.

Thanks for sharing!

The lesson is loud and clear: Don't get married. This pattern, this story, has become quite common.

Love, respect, kindness, friendship, or lasting relationships are NOT exclusive to marriage. No man needs to get married, no man should!

If and only if there is a return to sanity and sense of fairness in the laws and courts, should a man consider marriage.

What some women are doing today, if done by a friend, or someone else, would be considered theft. Theft, which I might add, is currently legally supported by the government.

I encourage men to speak up, and elect local and federal representatives/congressmen who are concerned about true fairness, true justice. Right now the American man lives in a Gynecocracy, not a Democracy.

The surest way for a young man with potential to fail in life is to get married or have kids. The surest way for a young woman to succeed in life is...

I've yet to see a parent admit they will tell their kids this.

My father, who is still married to my mother told me straight up, "I love your mom and all, but don't get married".

He repeated this advice on more than one occasion.

... I'm sure you will sh*t all over it with what you really think.

No need to sh*t on anything.

One can tell the truth without sh*tting on anyone's dreams. And if the truth does not agree with your dreams, then your dreams and dumb, and someone needs to tell you.

Yeah.

Naha.
 happybunny8
Msg: 212
Posted: 5/27/2011 1:26:37 PM
Like I said in other threads. Print this out, tell your daughters, tell your sons.

I've yet to see a parent admit they will tell their kids this. When your daughter comes to you with her big dreams of a beautiful wedding - I'm sure you will sh*t all over it with what you really think.

Yeah.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 213
Posted: 5/27/2011 1:44:01 PM

I've yet to see a parent admit they will tell their kids this.

I've told all three of my sons to never get married or live with a woman.

cenomeno
Msg: 214
Posted: 5/27/2011 1:59:16 PM
Yup my parents told me the same thing - as well as every divorced friend of mine. "DON'T YOU EVER even think about it...."

NewToTN9
Msg: 215
Posted: 5/27/2011 2:14:27 PM
This is often true in the lower income brackets. Not sure it would apply to this case. But assuming it is true, they made the right decision from a financial POV.

Annual cost of daycare is approximately $12,000. $5,000 of that is tax deducible giving you an effective after-tax cost of approximately $11,250 assuming a 15% effective tax. Gross up the $11,250 for the 15% effective tax and your gross takehome to cover the daycare is approximately $13,000 a year or $6.22/hour. Don't be a fool in thinking that the financial argument has merit.

Cheap shot. I know many stay at home mom’s who can’t/couldn’t wait to get back to work.

We are not talking about the women who want to go back to work, we are exposing the countless women who use the financial argument to justify the true agenda of wanting to staying home with the children. If you want to stick your head in the sand then be my guest.

All convenient, self-serving arguments resulting in a irreconcilable leap of logic.

To the contrary. The stated logic is sound while you argue from a state of emotional attachement or simply utter denial.

Like he couldn’t afford an attorney savvy enough to make that argument. No self respecting judge would saddle him with that debt.

And since when did we establish that family courts were fair and rational? Once again, reality and utopia are more often than not at odds.

But she also took over the existing first and second mortgages and took out a loan to pay him for his 50% marital interest in the accrued equity. Or, took the house (subject to debt) in lieu of a cash settlement and alimony.

Of course, but she kept the $155k worth of equity as part of reducing the alimony demand from the requested $9,600 to the finalized $5,600.

Seems like an unlikely amount and a very long period.

Alimony rewards are in most states based on 1/2 a year for every year married. While we are at it, why don't you take a look at the governing laws in California. Pay extra attention to what happens after 10 years of marriage.

Probably not in MN. This only happens when one party demonstrates they cannot afford legal fees. Based on the division of property in your illustration - she can afford it

And her income during the divorce preceeding was what exactly? I'll let you mull over that one for a second.

Then he shouldn’t have AGREED to that custody arrangement and taken the matter to trial. If the children are teens their preference would carry a lot of weight. Sounds like the husband is lacking some backbone or didn’t really want custody.

I know him, you don't. So please don't make hasty personality assumptions given your limited knowledge of the situation. Let me assure you, he fought hard against a system rigged against him and his attorney was no slob!! And yes, his olderst daughter will move in with him as soon as she turns 18!!

So - in summary... a guy with no backbone and his wimp-*ss attorney gave away the farm. How is this hypothetical anecdote material to a discussion on the fairness of divorce proceedings?

So even you default to the "take it like a man" justification when being presented by a factual situations involving unjust treatment of a man. What is even more concerning is your utter state of denial for reality as you quickly dismiss factual situations involving the misstreatment of men as antecdotal. By the looks of your arguments, one can't help but to wonder if you have a financial interest in preserving the current state of affairs.

Meanwhile she raises two kids, pays their expenses, can’t find a new relationship because of them, makes payments on a house she can’t afford, and struggles to make her way back into the working world when she could have skipped the whole marriage business, stayed single, made a killing as a stockbroker and not had any children.

Did you actually read the previous post you commented on? Come back to me when you have re-read it a few times. Ohh and also, check your soundbites, they are getting watered out!
 NewToTN9
Msg: 216
Posted: 5/27/2011 2:27:06 PM

When your daughter comes to you with her big dreams of a beautiful wedding - I'm sure you will sh*t all over it with what you really think.

Well given the current trajectory of marital bliss and appeal, I don't think he will have to worry all that much about that dream marriage being an option. But your reference to "your daughter" is noteworthy as you subconsciously called out the stakeholder!

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 217
Posted: 5/27/2011 2:56:35 PM

When your daughter comes to you with her big dreams of a beautiful wedding - I'm sure you will sh*t all over it with what you really think.

I don't think my brother necessarily shit all over his daughter's dream of the big wedding, but he DID offer her $thousands cash to elope rather than have a big wedding.

His other daughter is getting married and he's going to do the same with her. He'd also like to persuade her to wait a long time before getting married hoping she'll break up with the guy first. She has a habit of kicking her guys to the curb.

4ms4me
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2011 3:14:26 PM

I've yet to se a parent admit they wil tell their kids this

Or to discourage their daughters from taking the soon to be ex son-in-law to the cleaners.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 219
Posted: 5/27/2011 5:10:29 PM
I did better than tell my son not to marry...I sent him the don't marry essay.....I told him to read it three times and every time he meets a girl.

If he mentions he's thinking of marriage I will read it to him and ad lib where needed!

Warn my daughter? Why would I want her to give up the best way women have of making money?....

What is funny is how "facts" are presented from the other side. I and others have presented web sites showing the facts of what we claim.

Yet all the other side has done is claimed things are facts with no source to back them up.

In court that is called hearsay!

Well, I guess marriage #1 was for love & sex, 2nd marriage was for money & sex.......so I guess we know what your agenda for being on POF is.

Please read my profile I am very in-dept about my intentions and I have listed I am NOT looking for serious.

So think what you want of me I am honest about it!

Well gotta run now.......Mr. RoadRunner has spotted Mr. Wylie Coyote and Mr. Willie Coyote in an "Acme Products" dune buggy, so we gotta high-tail it to more mountainous regions. Meep Meep!

If you notice the road runner while there is a female road runner from time to time He runs alone over 99% of the time.

So even Mr road runner has figured it out.

The most liberal State in the Union. Why don’t you look at the law governing the other 49?

I believe the quote is as California goes so goes the nation........So far in the divorce they have taken us straight to HE!!

BTW please all women that think marriage is such a raw deal for your gender do us guys a favor and never marry......that way y'all won't be taken advantage of by the big bad men!

Here is a story with a moral to it about marriage...
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess “will you marry me”? The Princess said NO And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and dated skinny big titted broads and hunted and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard b!tching and never paid child support or alimony and dated cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was fricking cool as he!! and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up ..... THE END Moral of the story......Don't ask in the first place!!!!

Just for laughs...man says to wife "what would you do if I won the lottery"wife replies "take half and leave your azz"husband replies "good,i won 12 dollars here is 6 now get the he!! out !

Another....A man posted an 'ad' in the classifieds: 'Wife wanted'. Next day he received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: 'You can have mine.'

One last one.....Man dies God asked were you married? He said YES God said enter in you've already been through HE!!

I hope that brought a smile to your face!

Really the facts are less men are getting married because of the current laws. I see that as a good thing we as a gender are becoming self aware and looking after our selves for a change.

Just because a few delusional people spew hatred and greed trying to hold on to archaic practices is no reason to believe that we have to participate in them!

I for one have long ago came to the realization I DO NOT need a woman to complete me I am very complete and happy as I am.

I do not lack for female companionship physical or mentally.

On with the misandry!

RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 220
Posted: 5/28/2011 12:13:39 AM

Here is another real life scenario which is mainstream and significantly more common than the ardwark scenario presented by RazzleRoadRunner.

Do you mean my aardvark scenario???? Well aardvarks are wonderfully interesting creatures and smart about whatever scenario they get themselves into.

Husband and wide married for 19 years. Wife was a licensed stock broker who decided she wanted to stay at home for 1 year upon the birth of their first child. She, on her own accord and doing, continued to stay at home past the 1st year “to spend more time with her child”. A year later, child #2 is on the way. Of course, she wants to remain at home to tend for her second child as well and repeats the process. After a 5 year period, she comes to the realization that the gap in her resume (that she knowingly and willingly created) will force her to entry level jobs as her skill set is outdated. She promptly argues that the cost of child care outweighs the second income (which was nothing more than an excuse for not wanting to go back to work). A few more years go by and she is getting used to the standard of living generated by her husband’s $220k annual income. The children are of school years and she is getting irritated by her husband’s long work hours while simultaneously complaining that he is not making enough to support the lifestyle she “deserves” (yes he still makes $220k+). So she promptly takes a lover. Six months down the road she decides to file for divorce while simultaneously disclosing $50k of additional credit card debt taken out during the latter part of the marriage (unknownst to the husband).

The no-fault divorce settlement was as follows:
a) She will receive $1,150 in monthly child support.
b) She received the $785k house.
c) She will receive an additional $5,600 per month in alimony payments for the next 8 years (she asked for $9,600/month).
d) She was awarded 50% of all retirement accounts and assets (which she never contributed to).
e) She receives primary custody. This despite the fact that the husband petitioned for shared custody and both children proclaimed that they preferred to live with the father.
f) The husband to assume the repayment of the $50k in credit debt.
g) The husband to assume all legal fees for both parties.

Clearly this couple was house poor right from the start, if they were planning to have a couple of children. Like most childless working couples, they purchased the most expensive home they could qualify for...............why? Who knows why they would over extend themselves if they were planning to have a child and Mrs wouldn't have an income for year 1 of the child's life. Then they had another child and remained living in the house and still didn't figure it out or rectify the situation. What a couple of loosers with extremely poor money management skills...........they certainly deserved each other. Well you know what people in the know say, "Misery enjoys Company."

They certainly made each other miserable for 19 years and seems like it will continue for more years yet to come. Not sure what the husband's job was all those years, but they both had one thing in common...............dummies and no money management skills. LOOOOOWHOSERS!!!!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 221
Posted: 5/28/2011 2:15:13 AM

Clearly this couple was house poor right from the start, if they were planning to have a couple of children. Like most childless working couples, they purchased the most expensive home they could qualify for...............why?

Dollar to a doughnut it was the Mrs. that wanted the big house.

Been there done that if I hadn't insisted we sell right before the bubble burst I would have been in the drink on a huge house as well.

As this thread proves if we stand up at the start and be men by saying no to things we know are bad decisions we are branded controlling and cheap.

If we go along with it we are branded losers.

When I moved I bought a house I could pay cash for. It is nice but not extravagant.
That allows me to work when I want and have a large part of the year off.

So I enjoy my life instead of working my butt off to pay a large mortgage.

Tell me since the plan was for her to go back to work after the first year. Had the husband demanded her to go back to work what kind of man would he have been?

Controlling and or demanding or a practical realistic one?

The way I see it she is the one that set this horror story up by not keeping her word and going back to work as she had agreed to.

Yet she is the one to profit by her own broken promise!

Yeah the law is surely not on her side!

Another bet is she does nothing to prepare for the ending of her ill gotten alimony.

When it happens she will either try to go back and try to get more from the hubby or move on to the next guy that has no clue how lopsided the divorce laws are!
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 222
Posted: 5/28/2011 9:09:08 AM
Dollar to a doughnut it was the Mrs. that wanted the big house.

Who knows who wanted the big house...........they both purchased it together, so they both must have wanted it jointly and collectively. After all, marital decisions that affect both and/or impact both persons should be made jointly and to the satisfaction of both concerned. Even if it was the Mrs. who wanted the house more than Mr..........couldn't the big man stand up and make his opinions and/or solutions known in a calm and rational manner. Maybe the both of them couldn't accept that they jointly and collectively had made a stupid decision for themselves and their unborn child/children............and proceeded to blame each other.

Yah, like that really solves the problem and issue at hand!!! Blaming each other is another way to avoid dealing with the "big picture problem." I call it the "ostrich syndrome." I still think they deserved each other............two dummies sharing a home that was too expensive for them if they were planning to have a couple of children.

Complete failures, both of them!!!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 223
Posted: 5/28/2011 9:28:24 AM

Who knows who wanted the big house...........they both purchased it together, so they both must have wanted it jointly and collectively.

Yeah right!

Most any guy will tell you once his lady makes up her mind to acquire something they have little choice but to accept.

That or experience a living hel! until he gives in.

After all, marital decisions that affect both and/or impact both persons should be made jointly and to the satisfaction of both concerned. Even if it was the Mrs. who wanted the house more than Mr..........couldn't the big man stand up and make his opinions and/or solutions known in a calm and rational manner.

Covered that above! And the above is exactly why I will NOT put myself into a relationship where she could get that kind of upper hand.

two dummies sharing a home that was too expensive for them if they were planning to have a couple of children.

Not for long as she very easily removed him from said home.

As I said maybe her plan was to hit the divorce lottery all along!

Complete failures, both of them!!!

Nope anyone making over 200k is a complete failure his failure was to protect himself.

Bringing us back to the question of why marry?

I'm a great housekeeper. I get divorced. I keep the house.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Now if the courts are looking to be fair why would they award so many homes to a woman that gets divorced on a regular basis?

Can she live in more than one house at a time?

Sorry but the other side has yet to show any facts to back their hypothesis.

But they don't have to in divorce court either.

RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/28/2011 10:01:13 AM

Yeah right!

Most any guy will tell you once his lady makes up her mind to acquire something they have little choice but to accept.

That or experience a living hel! until he gives in.

How the heck did you guys come up with that analogy???...........what a bunch of NIG NOGS you guys are!!!

Well if you don't stand up and make your opinions known in a calm and rational manner....your life is going to be a living Hell anyway. So, at this point you got nothing to loose......end the marriage right then and there before it spirals into more caos. People divorce for all kinds of reasons.......................I am sure reason #999 (my partner is too stupid and lacks intelligence) would also be exceptable to the courts.

Bringing us back to the question of why marry?

I have no idea why people marry.............especially if they are a failure at relationships in general and they allow themselves to be hood-winked into buying a house they can't afford for themselves and their unborn children. That is, for the long haul of human mating and nesting and co-habitating together. What a bunch of LOOWHOSERS!!

Holy Shameezalmeister, parents send their children to school for 12 years and at age 18.............those same children, who are now adults, still lack intelligence. What a bunch of schmucks!!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 225
Posted: 5/28/2011 10:12:24 AM

Well if you don't stand up and make your opinions known in a calm and rational manner....your life is going to be a living Hell anyway. So, at this point you got nothing to loose......end the marriage right then and there before it spirals into more caos. People divorce for all kinds of reasons.......................I am sure reason #999 (my partner is too stupid and lacks intelligence) would also be exceptable to the courts.

You would have a valid point if he would not already loose 50% of his assets.

I have no idea why people marry.............especially if they are a failure at relationships in general and they allow themselves to be hood-winked into buying a house they can't afford for themselves and their unborn children. That is, for the long haul of human mating and nesting and co-habitating together. What a bunch of LOOWHOSERS!!

Actually if the wife had kept her word and went back to work the house payment would not be an issue.

Again I say she created the nightmare that she profited from!

Holy Shameezalmeister, parents send their children to school for 12 years and at age 18.............those same children, who are now adults, still lack intelligence. What a bunch of schmucks!!

Not all are schmucks.....Some like me know the laws and how to use them as well or better than the ones seeking to hit the D lottery!

I'm just trying to pass the knowledge and wisdom along!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?