Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Vegetarians - how do you feel about your SO cooking meat?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chill Pill
Msg: 76
Vegetarians - how do you feel about your SO cooking meat?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I once was in love with an athiest. I didn't shove my beliefs down his throat or demand that he
believe in God. He didn't throw my bibles out the window or refuse to let me get on my knees at night and pray either.

I think part of a healthy relationship is a healthy respect for another persons preferences or beliefs without being a control FREAK. In my experience men do not like to be told what to do or what they should think. You either accept them for who they are and agree to disagree or you do not engage or become involved with them.

I would have very little tolerance for someone that told me what I could and could not do. Especially when it comes to food, a necessity. No freakin WAY.

If I wanted a piece of chicken and some guy said NO you can't have that in our house.I would be very put off wondering whats next?????

Will he tell me what kind of shampoo I can use? What kind of television shows I can watch? What kind of clothes I can wear? What kind of music I can listen to? Where I can go and can not go? Would he pick and choose my friends for me? Tell me what color to paint the walls because he doesn't like blue? Everything according to his whim, his beliefs... Ahhhh NOT. Chit, I don't re-invent myself for anyone.

That's not what relationships are about. Controlling is not love. Love requires some compromize and acceptance for another persons beliefs and choices. If I was a vegetarian as long as he didn't shove a steak down my throat I would let him eat whatever his little heart desired. As for odor, doesn't your stove have an exhaust fan? I think you take things to an extreme with the utensils too.... Have you not heard of washing dishes?

Spell out crazzzzzy control freak in any way shape or form with me and I am HISTORY...
No no no no Thank you. I'm not looking for a Daddy. My Daddy is dead. I'd like to find a boy friend that is open minded and can accept that there may be some differences in what he and I prefer without complicating the relationship or being overly dramatic about it. It's a piece of meat he isnt a cannibal. Christ!

Op... I would say Good luck FISHING... but OMG.. fish is MEAT!!!!

Ideoform
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Vegetarians - how do you feel about your SO cooking meat?
Posted: 9/7/2010 7:33:06 AM
I had a vegetarian boyfriend who complained about the smell of meat cooking in restaurants.
And my son is vegetarian, until recently when he was willing to try some bacon. But his main issue was the smell of meat. However, he is Autistic and has lots of trouble with trying new foods, and also has had other issues in general around food.

As a former vegetarian for 16 years, the smell was never an issue for me. I don't eat a lot of meat now, but I noticed that it is stressful trying to cook for everyone.

I have worried that my Autistic son would not get enough protein because he refuses to eat enough of other kinds of protein for a balanced diet. Plus, there is always the pressure to help him to be as "normal" as possible, and unfortunately, normal in this country is eating meat, or at least tolerating being around meat eating and occasionally eating meat. Eating is such a social activity, and Autistics have trouble with social anything, so trying to get him to be around meat has actually been a therapy activity for him, even though I personally lean towards vegetarianism.

And so, here's me, mostly vegetarian, trying to coax my Autistic son into eating some meat almost daily. I thought that chicken or eggs would be the easiest, so I started with those, but he has an extremely sensitive sense of smell and the eggs were completely out. If I make eggs he leaves the kitchen, (and acts like its painful to smell it) and can't eat with us until the eggs are gone and the plates put in the dishwasher.

Sensory issues are a big problem for Autistics, and so there was also an issue with the chicken, because of the texture. I tried sensory desensitization (going extremely slowly with very tiny bits of food, and starting with just looking at it and touching it, ect...) But after a year, I gave up on that one. Then about ten years after starting with trying to have him eat meats, he hit puberty, and because he was much more hungry, I tried again with bacon. I figured, who doesn't like bacon? (Well amongst meat-eaters, anyway.)

So finally he was eating a small amount of bacon. And then my boyfriend would come over and I would have to think about the smell of cooking bacon in the house. Even with an exhaust fan, you really can't hide the smell of cooking bacon...do I feed my son or my boyfriend? I ended up alternating days between them. (I also buy pre-cooked bacon sometimes, but unfortunately, the pre-cooked doesn't have the grass-fed, organic kind of meat I prefer.) Anyway, this really highlighted the whole issue for me. Maybe it was karma, me having to worry so much about what to cook, when to cook, how to cook and how to deal with the cooking odours.

I remember going home to Thanksgiving as a vegetarian in my early 20's. My Mom had worked all day cooking an elaborate meal, the most complex of which was the meat component. I didn't talk about being a vegetarian much, or why I was a vegetarian back then. I just hoped to "sneak under the radar" and hoped that no one would bring up the subject or notice what I was (not) eating. I had plenty to eat because there are always lots of great side-dishes, but nevertheless, my Mom was all concerned that I was well-fed, and not uncomfortable.

I didn't understand back then all the worry. Probably because it was many years before I hosted a Thanksgiving dinner myself. Then I understood. People who do all the cooking are sensitive, even defensive, because its a lot of work, involves quite a bit of planning, and you have to take all of your guest's tastes into consideration. You have to be the "hostess," gracious and welcoming, and a big part of that is feeding your guests. (I guess it calms them and keeps them from figuratively eating each other....)

The main reason for all this thought and preparation is not just to FEED people, because everyone nowadays has more than enough to eat, and plenty of places to go eat out. (Years ago there weren't any fast food restaurants, and half the population didn't really know how to cook -- mainly the men.) But now that isn't the case. And one of the reasons is, I think, that at most holidays, the meal is a big subject of conversation...what kind of Turkey it is, the recipes, how did it get cooked, how good it smells, and all the small talk that goes around food, cooking and eating... sorta like this thread.

The thing with most foods is that smell is a huge component of taste.
I took anatomy and physiology in college, and neuro-psychiatry, and they have discovered that more than half of our sense of how something tastes is really the smell of it. Taste and smell go together in our brains to make the experience of eating. If someone looses their sense of smell, things won't taste good anymore, and often they loose weight. This is one of the reasons smokers loose weight...they loose their sense of smell and food doesn't taste as good.

I once had a roommate that had lost her sense of smell in an accident, and she was very underweight -- looked anorexic -- but she claimed it was from the lack of her sense of smell, and not emotional issues. She also said that more than once she had gotten food poisoning from not being able to tell when food had spoiled. And so our sense of smell has a lot to do with survival. If something doesn't smell right...doesn't smell like food to us, then we can't or won't eat it.

Smell also helps our digestive system prepare for food by producing digestive juices, saliva, and enzymes to digest the food we are smelling. And so the wonderful aroma of food cooking is also helping our appetities and our digestion.

Our brains use smell to help us remember things. Even a very tiny amount of an aroma can bring back a flood of memories for us. Smell works similar to music that way for our brains. Even now, the smell of cedar reminds me of childhood visits to a long-dead Grandmother's home, which was made from cedar. I used to spend hours happily in her attic looking through all her ancient treasures under the cedar beams. I can remember way more details of a visit to her home if I catch a whiff of cedar than if I just sit and try to recall them.

Realtors know this, and suggest that people bake cookies or bread just before having to show a house, so it seems homier and people can imagine living there.

The sense of smell connects in our brains' emotional centers. A smell can evoke an emotion. Which is why we use perfumes and deodorants to modify our smells. And food manufacturers add things just for the smell, like vanilla, even though it doesn't change the actual taste that much. Smells affect our emotions considerably. And pheremones (hormones that have a scent) are how we connect and bond physically and emotionally with each other. Think of how your newborn baby smelled...or the smell of a new puppy. With smell being so important and so influential in how we think and feel, it is understandable that people with very different diets might have trouble living and cooking together.

I dated a guy in college who's roommate was from India. At that time, I was not used to that kind of cooking and I might never have even tried it. Their house "smelled funny" to me. I think it was cardamom or some spice that is in curry. It smelled awful to me at the time. But after I became a vegetarian and discovered that some of the best vegetarian food was Indian food, I ate curry a lot. Curry is an "aquired taste." And I think the reason is the smell. But once my body learned that the curry smell meant really good tasting food, the smell became one that makes me hungry now.

When I was a vegetarian, I compromised and went back to eating meat when I married. I didn't feel good for about a year until my system adjusted. However, even after I adjusted to eating meat again, I don't think it was the healthiest diet for me, since I usually do better with less meat. But I felt it was more important to mesh lifestyles with the person I was married to than to stick rigidly to a certain lifestyle that was done by choice, not necessity. Some people can't eat meat because there just isn't any meat to eat. That's not the same. I had a choice, and meat was part of our diet. I think, looking back, that part of my hesitancy at first was simply that I had not really learned how to cook meat until then, other than warming up hot dogs. I had eaten out most of the time before that.

Even though the sense of smell is so connected to our appetites (both with food and with people) some people are even more sensitive to it than others. Sensory issues can be dealt with using a type of OT called Sensory Integration, which helps my son, who is extremely sensitive to scent. (One of the things we work on is his tendency to have to smell everything which is socially unacceptable. He can smell if I mix a tiny amount of milk into some mashed potatoes.) There is another thread here about vegetarians who smoke. Maybe vegetarians who smoke won't have as much of an issue with the smell of meat cooking?
 Ideoform
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2010 8:13:39 AM
Perhaps if vegetarians who are averse to the smell of meat were to eat small amounts of it from time to time, this would change their sensitivity to the smell of meat cooking, because their bodies would then recognize the smell as food.
 salamander000
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2010 9:21:11 AM
I look at things pretty simplistically.I eat meat if it's cooked for me, or I crave it and I am hungry..

Just a note on self deprivation, yes, save the rain forest, but most people who deny themselves will also be free to deny you.

I'd venture to say that no one here has ever gone hungry before, and if so all of those happy notions of saving the world, and eating fixations would fly right out the window, and some things would not be a matter of choice.

Another thing I can't stand is those 'floaters' in the public restroom at the local natural food grocery store, and the smell.

Ok, meat eaters, yes, brush your teeth, this goes both ways (pun intended)

I will eat most anything except brussel sprouts and sardines, and you know what? I'd happily eat either of those if I was hungry.

So, nice that we all have the choices we do.

One experience that sorta stuck in my gullet was staying at a place once, where some cooking utensils were not to be used (ever) for meat or meat by products. As if the porous iron had some great memory of the meat that had laid in it, Ok maybe so but at an infinitesimal amount.

Nazi's? not an apt reference, but some folks are just diligent in their discrepancies to the point of being absurd.
 .dej
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2010 12:45:31 PM
Shortcut: I wouldn't date a vegetarian.

Not only because of the compatibility issue, but I also just don't want to date someone who seems like something is wrong with their brain.
 Helen0426
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/7/2010 12:54:22 PM

One experience that sorta stuck in my gullet was staying at a place once, where some cooking utensils were not to be used (ever) for meat or meat by products.

Same thing in any house that keeps kosher. Hey, you don't have to live with people who do that, either.
 soflnighteagle
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2010 4:52:24 PM
People are vegetarians for different reasons. I choose to be a vegetarian because I just don't much care for the taste of meat. I have no problem with others eating, but I have noticed that most people add a lot of seasonings on their meat, so I'm wondering if that's because they don't really like the taste of the meat either but have just learned to cover it up.
 DartmouthRunner
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/7/2010 6:02:25 PM

I have noticed that most people add a lot of seasonings on their meat, so I'm wondering if that's because they don't really like the taste of the meat either but have just learned to cover it up.

I have noticed many vegetarians add seasonings and sauces to their meals as well. Does that meant they are covering up the taste? No, like anything people like a variety of flavors in their meals. I'll cook my steak with no seasoning/sauce sometimes and other times I'll add some steak spice...just depends on what I'm in the mood for.
 pandusvenator
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/7/2010 6:07:09 PM
Actually the right use of plenty of seasonings brings ouot the taste.
 ForumOyster
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2010 8:22:40 PM

So if all you vegans and vegetarians don't like the taste of meat or the thought of meat, why do you want all your tofu, tempeh and other meat-substitutes to look and taste like the real stuff?!

IMO the sensitivity to the taste/smell is sometimes developed as a result of not eating meat for a long time (I say sometimes because I know it's true in my case, but not sure about others.)

It's probably not always the case that vegetarians necessarily dislike meat. For instance, I know that some branches of Buddhism discourage meat-eating. (Don't quote me on this because I'm not the expert and can't provide exact details.) Some people choose to follow it and some people don't. Some non-vegetarians would also choose to refrain from eating meat on certain special days for spiritual reasons. In these cases, the meat-tasting vegetarian dishes come in handy because the vegetarians (or occasional vegetarians) do not dislike meat but rather choose to not eat it for other reasons.

Of course I've only seen these scenarios happen in other country. May not be so relevant in the U.S.
 Helen0426
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/7/2010 9:34:39 PM
It's probably not always the case that vegetarians necessarily dislike meat.

Oh sure. I think a lot of people do it for other reasons, as well as religion (I believe the Mahayana school of Buddhism is generally vegetarian - also most Vaishnava Hindus). Personally, I don't like eating flesh, just never have, and I don't care for most meat substitutes, either, even though they really do not taste like meat.

But I've known people eating vegetarian, or trying to, because of cholesterol concerns, worries about hormone and antibiotic additives, fears about food processing safety, environmentalism, digestive problems, concerns about how the animals are treated, because they just think it's inherently healthier... all kinds of reasons.
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2010 10:16:00 PM
I don't actually dislike meat per se, at least not the taste or the smell. It's most objectionable to me in its raw form - I don't want to see it and I especially don't want to touch it. I can't enjoy eating something if I look at it, especially raw, and think "that was an animal's leg.........it used to walk around with that leg" etc.

I especially won't enjoy eating meat since merely looking at it reminds me of all that I find so objectionable about the exploitation of animals for food and the conditions of slaughterhouses. To eat it is to be complicit in something monstrous. Slaughtering animals causes them suffering on an unimaginable scale, and certainly the way we raise and then slaughter them is environmentally catastrophic.

The only value in having a meat substitute that looks like meat and has a similar texture is that it's likely to hold together in a hamburger bun. Other than that example, the LESS a substitute looks like the real thing, the better.......

Cheers
 soflnighteagle
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2010 1:10:10 PM
I don't eat tofu, and yea I have to agree that if you are eating something that looks and tastes like meat, then just eat the meat. Also smoother something in ketchup, or barbecue sauce and tell me it brings out the flavor of the meat. Can anyone tell me what the meat tastes like at McDonald's?
 damassteel
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2010 1:11:50 PM
I'm not in any way doctrinaire about not eating meat. You know, no moral disagreements with those who choose to eat it.
I don't eat it often myself. But, I have gone through an inventory of all of my serious relationships and I've discovered that ALL were vegetarians or close to it. What I can recall is this; I did not at all care for the smell of women (or Men for that matter)who ate a lot of meat. In fact I'm repulsed by it. All along without really thinking about it, I've been selecting for vegetarians, or very low meat consumers.
So for me, the relationship doesn't have much of a chance, none in fact, if she's a frequent meat-eater.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/9/2010 1:40:40 PM

Shortcut: I wouldn't date a vegetarian.

Not only because of the compatibility issue, but I also just don't want to date someone who seems like something is wrong with their brain

Ok, That is the best fun I have had all day. Thanks

It is not with out merit to an extent.

Your brain has to have calories and fat..to fire properly.
Meat is the easiest source ,esp fatty fish.

I would have to eat 24/7 when I was a vegan/vegetarian ..Really got so thin after a few years.
Didn't have good deep sleep.

Some poster said earlier vegetarians preach. I found the opposite when I was a vegetarian. The meat eaters would ask "What the h3ll is wrong with you?"
Not the other way around.

You only make it a big deal if you want to. I want a man that can make me a big fat azz juicy steak once a week or two because it is soooooo good and I don't want to touch raw meat....YUCK

I see anything with blood or skin raw and it un nerves me..

I still don't eat much meat but..I am always amazed at the vegetarians who are so unhealthy.
Always grumpy and tired.

Flour, processed junk food,sugar,sodas.

I have seen them lined up waiting for a Dunkin Donuts to get hit by a Pepsi truck so they could get a sugar/caffeine fix.

I say live and let live unless a loved one is harming themselves.

To many people have to many things the other person must or must not be/do that really makes NO difference IMO.

I don't actually dislike meat per se, at least not the taste or the smell. It's most objectionable to me in its raw form - I don't want to see it and I especially don't want to touch it. I can't enjoy eating something if I look at it, especially raw, and think "that was an animal's leg.........it used to walk around with that leg" etc.

I'm right there..LOL
 Justdonald
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2010 2:09:37 PM
OP.

You should stick with vegetrians or wimpy guys or men who need to get off meat to lose weight, after which they will move on. Just kidding.

But seriously, Stick to vegetarians and vegans who also have milk allergies. Otherwise, it would be too hard on anyone to have a relationship with you. Make it easy on yourself and others. There or lost of men out there who are vegans and veggies. Or are you like the lesbians who only hit on and try to convert straight women as a challenge?
 moraima
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2010 2:30:19 PM
"I see anything with blood or skin raw and it un nerves me.."

Vegetarians better not be surgeons/surgical staff.

When I first saw an operation, where the surgeon made a large incision, I was fascinated by the yellow layer of fat, never mind the blood and guts.

A vegetarian friend (who has thought the whole thing through, and educated herself on the subject .....nurse too) accompained me to a first world country. She was quite happy to eat the meat gifted to us. She commented after two weeks that she had no physcial problems from the diet change. Then again, she is capable of going with the flow of life.

No one is going to change anyone's mind OP, unless they are so in need of a relationship that they will do anything to have one.

The ones I feel sorry for are the vegetarians that know their dogs need meat, know the benefits of a raw diet for dogs, and perserve to give their dog what the dog needs. God help the dog who's owner tries to force it on to a vegetarian diet. God help the s/o who is forced to give up meal.

Each to their own.
 moraima
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2010 6:24:51 PM
"The whole idea of "going with the flow" is beautiful. Thank you."

Welcome

People like to make life so complicated which is their choice. Real vegetarains are usually reasonable human beings. I don't think for a min. the OP is being resonable about what she expects of an s/o.
 Zikoris
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/9/2010 11:13:17 PM

A vegetarian friend ... was quite happy to eat the meat gifted to us.

A vegetarian who eats meat - you realize the problem there, right?
 HoosierInMo
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2010 11:32:53 PM
I probably came in late on this thread, but I'll put my 2 cents in.

I don't mind dating a vegan. But a SO who demanded that meat not be cooked in their home would be incompatible as any dating relationship I would be in would be with the prospect that eventually her home would be my home. And I would never allow myself to be told what foods I can or cannot eat or cook in my home. But then again I also grew up in a family where the men did most of the cooking, so the argument that a guy is happy to be well fed and not have to cook doesn't apply well to me.
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2010 11:47:37 PM
A vegetarian who eats meat is more than likely a "flexitarian." Most true vegetarians don't turn their vegetarianism "on" and "off" when it's convenient. I always prep or order food that my friends would like to eat, not what I would like to serve, so if a close friend knowingly offered me a meat dish knowing I was a vegetarian, they probably wouldn't get an invite from me again! Instant Facebook de-friend-ing too! Not nice......

The ones I feel sorry for are the vegetarians that know their dogs need meat, know the benefits of a raw diet for dogs, and perserve to give their dog what the dog needs. God help the dog who's owner tries to force it on to a vegetarian diet. God help the s/o who is forced to give up meal.

It’s possible certainly, and I’ve heard of some really radical vegans trying it, but I don’t personally know anyone, vegetarian or not, who has tried to convert a dog into a vegetarian. There isn’t any reason for vegetarians to do this either, because the vast majority of food for dogs is derived from 4-D animals – already Dead, Dying, Downed, or Diseased. It’s certainly not the best quality food available, but that’s where it comes from – the byproduct of meat that was originally designated for human consumption.

For a vegetarian, it’s pretty guilt-free. And even if you don’t feed your dog traditional pet food, he or she isn’t able to make a conscious choice as a human is, so it behoves the human to provide him with a meat-based diet - that's his natural food.

My dog and cats get commercial food supplemented with cooked human quality meats. Emphasis on "cooked." I would never feed them raw food at all due to the possibility of them shedding salmonella, E.coli, or campylobacter.

Be well........
 Helen0426
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/10/2010 12:58:32 AM

"I see anything with blood or skin raw and it un nerves me.."
Vegetarians better not be surgeons/surgical staff.

Hee. Well, certainly, anyone who feels that way shouldn't go into the field! For me, a vegetarian, this kinda thing doesn't bother me at all, in fact I find it fascinating to watch surgery. I'm even interested by autopsies. Might seem a bit ghoulish, I suppose, but I just find it amazing how the human body is put together, and how beautiful it really is inside - also how readily even an untrained eye can see when something is really markedly wrong. Yeah, I'm a Discovery Channel addict... have been lucky enough to have viewed some things in person as well. And I loved the Body Worlds exhibits.

I don't have the manual dexterity or the general on-the-spot alertness required for medical work, so it's kind of moot for me, but I don't think vegetarianism is likely to be related in and of itself to one's relative squeamishness about human bodies. Now, cannibalism, that could be a problem!

A vegetarian who eats meat is more than likely a "flexitarian."

Ah. Thank you. I had forgotten that word! Right you are.

I also agree that no one should try to impose vegetarianism on pets whose natural diet is primarily carnivorous. And, good point about it being generally 4-D, anyway, cheshirecatalyst. I haven't thought about this in a long time... I just go with what the vet recommends for my kitty! But, you're right, this is true.

To go back to the original question, for any who haven't read all (there is rather a lot at this point), I'm fine with others cooking meat, within limits having to do with lingering odors and/or not cleaning up. I can always absent myself for a few hours if I find something really unbearable, but it's rare that that's necessary. And, if living together, I do like to buy one cast-iron pan for my use only.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:14:42 AM

I say live and let live unless a loved one is harming themselves.

Yes, I caught my son running into a 7/11 getting one of those "Big Gulps" for breakfast!
Now that's harm! lol just kidding..........

I'm a gardener so when I cook it's second nature in good fresh,organic food.

And imo, the veggie label, of years ago is now a passing thing. I eat meat but it is usually the smallest portion of the meal if at all.

Now the folks who only eat raw,well that's another story....unless you like to be on the crapper all day! lol
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/10/2010 7:29:06 AM
1. I pity your boyfriend for all your silly restrictions.
2. I also pity him for not being able to eat whatever he pleases because of your over the top "delicateness"
3. You say if the guy hated veggies and couldn't stand the smell of them, but could still prepare a vegetarian meal you'd be okay with that...wtf...what's he going to prepare...and do you prepare meat-eater approved meals for your bf? NO, because you don't like meat.
4. Does your boyfriend go without food the whole time he's at your house, just bread and water like a prisoner? A meal is not a meal for the majority of people in the world unless there's meat included...and forcing YOUR eating habits on him when he comes over is OFFENSIVE, and CONTROLLING.
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2010 9:18:36 AM

I don't think vegetarianism is likely to be related in and of itself to one's relative squeamishness about human bodies.

The human body doesn't faze me at all either. Quite possibly working in a pathobiology lab as a microbiologist was what laid the groundwork for my dislike of meat in its raw form, as a food for myself and my animals. And I should add that I am NOT a germophobe either.

Labs that work with infectious agents have "biosafety levels" (think of Defcon 1-5) for handling microbes, prion proteins, and viruses that occur naturally in soil and water (and therefore in animal flesh). Our lab was in semi-lockdown mode to avoid contamination.

Zoonotic infections from eating undercooked or raw animal flesh are public health issues. Furthermore, slaughterhouses sometimes have problems with Shigella or Listeria after processing slaughtered animals.

Cheers
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Vegetarians - how do you feel about your SO cooking meat?