Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is online dating a waste of time for men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RobertKoi
Msg: 214
Is online dating a waste of time for men?Page 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
"Is online dating a waste of time for men?"
---------
Neither more or less than it is for women.
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 215
Is online dating a waste of time for men?
Posted: 11/5/2010 7:38:18 AM
If it's the same winners online as it is in real life who have nothing to offer yet still message the most beautiful women on here then yeah, you're wasting your time. If you are honest about your attractiveness and what you have to offer and choose women who are at your level your inbox will be overflowing.
 Ineedyounow35
Msg: 216
Posted: 11/5/2010 8:07:23 AM
"If it's the same winners online as it is in real life who have nothing to offer yet still message the most beautiful women on here then yeah, you're wasting your time. If you are honest about your attractiveness and what you have to offer and choose women who are at your level your in box will be overflowing."

Very good post, and very true.

If you want to be happy for the rest or your life, you better get yourself an ugly wife. They try harder you know. LOL!
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 217
Posted: 11/6/2010 7:29:10 AM

If you want to be happy for the rest or your life, you better get yourself an ugly wife. They try harder you know. LOL!

That explains why I've never had trouble meeting men. Well, God gives each of us something to navigate with and I'll take it!
 1eastshore
Msg: 218
Posted: 11/6/2010 6:21:41 PM
Not a complete waster of me. But I don't have high expectations either. Internet dating is just another way to potentially find dates.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 219
Posted: 11/6/2010 6:38:42 PM

Internet dating is just another way to potentially find dates

well said eastshore...

that's exactly how I look at it.

I have several avenues that I look for potential dates.

Hoping they never cross paths!! lol

To me, online dating is a just a compliment to the other avenues which I seek to meet women to date.

Never put all of your eggs in one basket or they will likely break...
 1eastshore
Msg: 220
Posted: 11/6/2010 6:52:36 PM

Not a complete waster of me

Typo. Should have wrote "Not a complete waste of time".
 Simon4567
Msg: 221
Posted: 11/6/2010 7:44:52 PM

I don't think so, I'm glad I only get that 1-2 messages a day.

I don't envy women for having 150 messages a week, sounds like a chore to me. I don't want that.
 umbrellaman21
Msg: 222
Posted: 11/7/2010 4:37:33 AM

I don't think so, I'm glad I only get that 1-2 messages a day.

Really? Interesting....X messages per DAY has never been my case...I'm luck if I get ONE a month...but hey that's something.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 223
Posted: 11/7/2010 10:47:31 AM
Well, if you care more about quality than quantity women are definitely not in a better position. Also, a lot of people don't limit themselves to just one dating site, nor to they limit themselves to just exchanging emails with one person only. If one site sucks just take it for what it is and do your fishing elsewhere. It's as simple as that. If the problem is more personal then work on it, e.g., your profile, the way you write and express yourself, etc.
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 224
Posted: 11/7/2010 1:05:19 PM
even one message a month is not that bad. im talking about initial messages. not responses.

some aren't that fortunate.
 Chiliagon
Msg: 225
Posted: 11/7/2010 1:30:04 PM

Op.....currently, I have 15 unread emails (one's I will probably just unread/delete) and there are 5 pages of emails I've just let sit and eventually the inbox will clear itself.

sorry but I find this is total BS.

who do you think you are to just do an unread/delete to all these people?

you mean to tell me that you can't possibly spend a few minutes to do a quick browse through the messages? that on average will take 5 or so seconds to do?

you're that busy or that short of time that you can't do that?

this is exactly why this site isn't all that it's cracked up to be!

sure the gorgeous men and gorgeous women would disagree but they're the ones who get all the messages!

but they're not the majority! the majority of men and women here aren't gorgeous hunks or babes! they're average or so so looking!

this site really has given complete and total power to the women and it's a joke lately.
 Chiliagon
Msg: 226
Posted: 11/7/2010 1:31:30 PM

If you are honest about your attractiveness and what you have to offer and choose women who are at your level your inbox will be overflowing.

so what you're saying is that we have to admit that we're not attractive?

talk about a total lack of self confidence!

no wonder we're so F'n screwed up!
 thaidi2004
Msg: 227
Posted: 11/8/2010 11:03:42 AM
i would have to agree with you!!! good post
 _Icon_
Msg: 228
Posted: 11/8/2010 12:20:35 PM

The same person who throws away the junkmail and sales flyers that clog up my postal mail box.

Would you have everyone reply to you simply out of OBLIGATION?
 matchlight
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2010 4:54:42 PM

If you are honest about your attractiveness and what you have to offer and choose women who are at your level your inbox will be overflowing.

And you know this . . . how?
 matchlight
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2010 5:15:04 PM

Would you have everyone reply to you simply out of OBLIGATION?

I realize you weren't asking me, but the answer is no--of course not. No point in a reply unless it can be positive. What I wonder, though, is what good it does anyone to get e-mails at all, if they automatically put them in the trash unread. Isn't there some way just to block them all, so you don't even have to dispose of them?
 _Icon_
Msg: 231
Posted: 11/8/2010 5:20:07 PM
Isn't there some way just to block them all, so you don't even have to dispose of them?

No there isnt a way to block them all, you can only block specific users. Why would you want to block your mail from interesting profiles too? That doesn't make any sense.

Have you seen my profile? I don't get a whole lot of junk mail. I do get a lot of quality mail. My entire profile is a filtering device.

Having said that, I prefer to make first contact. Very rarely am I interested in those who contact me. If I see someone I like, I will write him.

Sometimes my mail gets deleted, read or unread. I don't sit around crying about it.

The bottom line is that expectations are merely planned disappointments.
 RushLuv
Msg: 232
Posted: 11/8/2010 5:30:05 PM

this site really has given complete and total power to the women and it's a joke lately.

Yeah sure. Is that why I continuously got flaked on?
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 233
Posted: 11/8/2010 11:49:13 PM
Um, 17 years online.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 234
Posted: 11/8/2010 11:52:35 PM

Um, 17 years online.

Back in those pre-historic ages of paying per minute for internet connection. Ah, the good old days.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 235
Posted: 11/9/2010 12:24:57 AM

she is someone who exudes confidence....

lol
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 236
Posted: 11/10/2010 12:22:16 AM
This site would only be a waste of time, if this is your primary source for trying to get dates. Im talking if you ONLY sat on here and tried to email woman after woman, after woman, and this is all you had, then yeah....You'd be wasting major time.

Put it to you fellas like this....Most women on here, have PAGES of emails in their inbox for the most part....so...out of those pages, they are going to only choose the top percentage of good looking men to respond to. Its THAT simple. They have alot of options like that.

I dont buy the nonsense that men feed themselves here that if you write some shakespearian sonnet, that she'll respond. Thats just bullsh*t in itself completely. If you arent attractive to the woman, then she isnt responding. Chances are, she wont even read the email.

Lets keep it real, it is what it is.

With that being said, this should be treated as just another way to get a date, on TOP of you having an active social life, with hobbies, and interests outside of the internet.
 umbrellaman21
Msg: 237
Posted: 11/10/2010 4:26:51 AM

Chances are, she wont even read the email.

That is probable, but chances are they do read over the actual profile. I hear women actually do at least that to see if the man has anything interesting to say in it or read something in it that would make them compatible with the man.
 mateo45
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2010 7:38:12 PM

With that being said, this should be treated as just another way to get a date, on TOP of you having an active social life, with hobbies, and interests outside of the internet.

I agree, it's just one way, and shouldn't be the only way. Although that's tempting because it's obviously so "easy". But nuthin's ever "free" and my own experience has been that the "quality" seems to improve more with folks I've met IRL (in real life), than online. Dunno, maybe it's the anonymous quality of internet dating and the lack of accountability that attracts a certain "type", but too many of the gals I've come across online just seem kinda skittish and flakey, sending all kinds of conflicting signals, like they're not even sure WHAT they really want, let alone WHO!

But just personally, would recommend donating some time in local volunteer groups. You'll be doing some good work, and the quality of folks there is usually kinda nice too!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is online dating a waste of time for men?