Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > are vaccines a dangerous health risk?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 susan_cd
Msg: 26
are vaccines a dangerous health risk?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

because when it come to dufuses who can't comprehend truth I'm less incline to debate them or THEIR DELUSIONS

I don't believe I've seen you actually DEBATE anyone on any topic. You post your views on vaccine, maybe post some links to sites supporting your view ( nothing wrong so far).

THEN when anyone questions your view or posts sites that refute what the sites you posted say, you resort to name calling & invoking some awful conspiracy ( with no evidence to support this conspiracy theory) between govt. & big Pharma...

hardly "debating"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/debating?&qsrc=

de·bate
–noun
1.a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints: a debate in the Senate on farm price supports.
2.a formal contest in which the affirmative and negative sides of a proposition are advocated by opposing speakers.
3.deliberation; consideration.
4.Archaic. strife; contention.
–verb (used without object)
5.to engage in argument or discussion, as in a legislative or public assembly: When we left, the men were still debating.
6.to participate in a formal debate.
7.to deliberate; consider: I debated with myself whether to tell them the truth or not.
8.Obsolete. to fight; quarrel.
 susan_cd
Msg: 27
are vaccines a dangerous health risk?
Posted: 11/18/2010 11:42:10 PM
^^^^^ when the opponent in a debate doesn't have any facts or arguments for their side of the debate & resorts to ad hominem attacks then ( in formal debates ) this is taken to signify that the person making the ad hominem attack has lost the debate.

Description of Ad Hominem
Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B makes an attack on person A.
Therefore A's claim is false.
The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).

For more information on the topic visit:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/18/2010 11:56:38 PM
Rozzko
when you use words like fanatic and mantra and religion, gospel, nutjob it just shows a closed mind. It shows a cold heart and a compassionless person.

but there are too many complacent fools in this world who could care less. I hope others read my posts, because when it come to dufuses who can't comprehend truth I'm less incline to debate them or THEIR DELUSIONS.

Now Rozz does this first quote not apply to yourself when you follow it with the second one? You then must be as cold hearted and compassionless and closed minded as me and whomever else you may be referring to.
As for tobbaco and alchohol companies i doubt they forced anyone to smoke or drink. People are responsible for their own actions and the companies did nothing without approval of health canada. Health canada is responsible to ensure these things are all safe for human consumption before approving them, one can hardly blame a company for selling a product that has been tested and approved.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/19/2010 1:28:05 AM
This looks like an interesting disease for researchers.
1) there is no known specific cause of ms
2) females are 2-3 times more likely to develop ms than males
3) if a relative has ms you stand a 1% better chance of developing it, if that relative is your twin this increases to about 4% and if it is an identical twin you have a 30-40% higher chance of developing ms
4)ms is more likely to develop in caucasians than any other group
5) if you live (and particularily if you were born) near the equator you have a decreased chance of developing ms with the greatest chance in the northern hemisphere starting at approximately denver colorado and proceeding north.
6) while it is fairly common in europe, north america seems to have the highest concentration of the disease yet first nations people have a relatively low rate of ms

Science has shown that cattle born closest to june 21st the summer equinox and longest day of the year have the best immune systems and the further away from this day calves are born the weaker the immune system and thus the greater the chances of developing diseases and pneumonia. Also the longer a calf is from taking the first suck off it's mother and getting the first milks that carry the stuff that triggers the immune system into working the weaker the calfs immune system. Given this it might be interesting to know what the rates are in those who were breast fed compaired to those who were not.
So given the distribution of the disease what can we look at? It affects women more but is this because women are more likely to get vaccinated or does it have to do with the menstral cycle? While there is no conclusive evidence it is genetic it is more likely you get it if a relative has it and that likelihood increases the more closely you are related. Is that environment then or simply that if you immunize one kid you'll immunize them all? Why does it hit caucasians more and why north american caucasians? Is it a punishment for industrialization and wealth or simply we can afford more vaccinations? It may have changed now but i believe until recently middle class and wealthy caucasians were the most likely to immunize their children. None of this, however, explains why the disease is found less in the areas near the equator. Even the wealthy caucasians living there have a decreased incident rate and they need more vaccinations. Is this because they get a better amount of vitamin generation from the sunshine or because they would tend to wear less clothing? Is it in the types of food we eat or are we more apt to use less natural medications and less fresh foods?
We may never know.
 susan_cd
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/22/2010 12:21:02 AM

Go to http://www.wellsphere.com/endurance-training-article/side-effects-of-dtap-aytism/542146
The Sanofi Pasteur DTAP vaccine lists autism as a side effect of this vaccine.

rozzko, you gave this link at several threads, but the link says nothing about "Sanofi Pasteur" if you search the ptovided link. If you are going to post links, how about posting the exact link for the stuff you're talking about in the post?

It has since been "revised" meaning the are no longer listing it because its evidence that would be used in lawsuits. The point being, they only admit to mild and rare side-effects and deny the serious ones. Its simply common practice with these criminals.The revised leaflet is an incredible piece of trash. It can be found if you look for it.

And your evidence that it has been revised is that we can find the revised leaflet? I'd say showing the alleged unrevised leaflet so it can be compared with the new one might be evidence.

And medical texts, publications, and such are revised regularly as the science progresses, hardly evidence ( in & of itself) of a cover-up... thus medical books from the early 20th century say nothing about antibiotics or x-rays, & earlier text books state malaria is caused by areas of the world ( generally swampy & marsh like areas) that emit "bad air" .. because they didn't know it was caused by mosquitos passing on the disease.
 Ideoform
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2010 7:28:47 PM
If vaccines are so trustworthy and if vaccination is a panacea for every contagious disease, then perhaps everyone reading this should be investing in companies that produce vaccines. Because pretty soon they will be finding a way to convince every government to vaccinate all of their populations as a form of cheap medical care.

Everybody wants an easy fix. Take a pill, get a shot, cut out the offending part with surgery. Diseases are much more complex than that or we would have a cure for cancer and MS.

Sell something to the entire population of the world, and then find out a way to not have any liability for it if it isn't made right and you have the perfect product for making lots of profit with very little risk. Just pass the risk on completely to the customer. Oh, and you can't return it if it doesn't work for you. The perfect money-making scheme. And if you give them saline solution (salt water) instead of the vaccination, who would know? Nobody is checking anyway.

Sign me up for that...oh, wait, I already did. Too late for me. I hope everyone else wins the vaccination roulette wheel and has no problems at all.
 FBOMBER
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/29/2010 8:44:15 PM
I have to agree with Ideoform, fact is most doctors are already just glorified pharmacists. Our medical system already has gone way too far towards pharma of all types including vaccines in order to manage costs. Unfortunately though I believe they have gone too far. Big Pharma invests in our medical school and has influenced the training process to the degree that its mostly whats learned and promoted. Other ideas, therapies etc are excluded because they can't compete with Pharma's mega bucks. Money corrupts all..the root of all evil.
 susan_cd
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/30/2010 9:46:10 AM

Money corrupts all..the root of all evil.

Actually, that's a common misquote. the actual original quote is :

" For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. "

1 Timothy, 6:7-10

It's clear that it isn't the money that is the root, it's the LOVE of money that's the root.
 k_trout
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/9/2011 10:53:45 AM
Hmm looks like another nail in Wakefiled's "research":

Journal calls study linking vaccine to autism a 'fraud'

The editors of a prestigious medical journal are declaring that a British study, since retracted by its publisher, that claimed to have found a link between autism and the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine was "an elaborate fraud" based on the "falsification of data."

In an explosive series of articles that began publication Monday, the British Medical Journal declares that there is "no doubt" that lead researcher Andrew Wakefield manipulated and even falsified his data to show a link between the vaccine and both autism and bowel disease. The study, published in the medical journal Lancet in 1998 and retracted last February, spurred millions of parents around the world to opt not to get the shot for their children.

You can read more at :

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20110105/autism-vaccine-study-110105/
 chemosaby
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/10/2011 4:24:32 PM
I've followed the story because I have an autistic child. My take is that he has been and is still being portrayed as the messiah of the anti-vaccine movement so that if it appears he has been annilated, so then shall the movement. Well he didn't start the anti-vaccine movement, and all thought that destroying his reputation will have the desired effect is wasted thought. Vaccines have side effects, including brain damage, that is a fact. Simply stated, a vaccine may not harm some, but others can be harmed in different ways. The powers that be have tried and failed to blame genetics. Their only strategy now, is to attack Wakefield again, get global mileage out of it, and hope people fall for it. I think people are smarter than that. The latest attack has pro-vac supporters giddy with thoughts of success and domination. Those of us who know better know its just another hole in the road to truth.
 k_trout
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/10/2011 8:45:39 PM

Their only strategy now, is to attack Wakefield again, get global mileage out of it, and hope people fall for it.

I agree that pro-vaccine people will use the reports about Wakefield as "proof" vaccines are safe when actually all the Wakefield fiasco shows is that Wakefield's research is bogus; not that vaccines are safe.

And the anti-vaccine people will use the reports as their "proof" of the "Big Pharma" conpiracy trying to discredit Wakefield's findings.
 k_trout
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/11/2011 9:15:36 PM
^^^^

Your link "http://www.wellsphere.com/autism-autism-spectrum-article/show-me-vaccines-are-safe-the-importance-of-the-supreme-court-and-bruesewitz-v-wyeth/116781"

sounds impressive, but doesn't appear to have anything to do with the supreme court, all the link gets you is a woman's blog about her children's new pet hermit crabs

and in response:

http://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/2006/08/405/

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/ff_waronscience

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/ff_waronscience_argument

http://autism.about.com/od/causesofautism/a/dovaccines.htm

http://www.healthwatch-uk.org/mmr.pdf

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/06/autism.vaccines/index.html

http://healthland.time.com/2011/01/06/study-linking-vaccines-to-autism-is-fraudulent/
 chemosaby
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/9/2011 7:55:58 PM
Some usefull sites to read and info to ponder.
http://homefirst.com/info-1/vaccine-choice.html
http://www.healingourchildren.org/vaccine_side_effects.htm
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/damaged.html (shows vaccine damage stats)
 chemosaby
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/21/2011 6:43:48 PM
i've been debating this on the Topix forums. Come by and get involed. There are many issues discussed, and you can speak your mind without moderators threatening you with expulsion.
 chemosaby
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:40:25 PM
www.topix.com/health/influenza/2011/06/regulator-scathing-of-autralian-vaccine-maker
 jachamer
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/23/2011 4:31:47 PM
I see "Allan" has a closed mind and prefers to side with authorities so as to feel safe and appear right. Its too bad so many people are naive about vaccine injury. The U.S.A. government takes it seriously. Started a vaccine injury compensation program and a vaccine court. This year it gave the industry blanket immunity from litigation. Seems like a lot of protection for an industry that makes "safe" vaccines. There doesn't seem to be another industry that gets that level of protection. One can only conclude the protection is necessary, after all they were almost litigated out of business before all this protection came into play. I guess people were angry about all the non-injuries from those safe vaccines.
 jachamer
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/24/2011 1:04:09 PM
Alan hasn't considered countless findings of fault leveled at vaccine producers. Seems there must have been evidence for a conviction and opposing defense evidence. Isn't that how court works? And the comments about beliefs, its quite common for a person to side with others who think the same, its not a crime. I think Alan should consider why a government would protect a private industry. It would seem chances of further and increasing numbers of claims and the real threat of further convictions has forced vaccine producers to demand protection or they would stop making vaccines. And thats exactly what's happened. Alan's closed mind can not fathom the truth. Without government protection, criminal charges would be likely.
 chemosaby
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/25/2011 7:39:33 PM
If you know of some to back up your statement, post them. Vaccines are harmful, there is no doubt of that. Anyone with a computer can search vaccine side effects . Why don't you?
 jachamer
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/26/2011 1:35:02 PM
Funny how people focus only on what benefits vaccines seem to have. Few care about victims of side effects. Choosing between possible benefits and possible life changing side effects are not fair options, because marketing unfairly favors advertising benefits as all marketing does, while downplaying and minimizing negative consequences. People are conned, and when injury occurs, they are ignored. That's fraud, and fraud is criminal. When it causes death or impairment, its criminal negligence.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2011 6:16:17 PM
Instead of blaming government protection as the reason the alleged perpetrators aren't facing prison sentences, how about posting links to scientific evidence that vaccines are harmful?

Vaccines are created by men, and humans make errors. As simple as that.

Seem to have? Smallpox, polio, and tetanus vaccines work great. Of course people will focus on the benefits of vaccines, did you expect researchers & doctors to just inject people with compounds for the heck of it, and see later if they have any beneficial effect?

Yes... I expect them to just inject people to see later if they have any beneficial effect. That's why Doctors call it a Practice.

With all the so called tested drugs that have been approved by a government agency for use by the people.... They are using all of us as Guinea pigs for the next generation. So many people who are taking government approved Statins for cholesterol. These are the same drugs that are causing Dementia, and Alzheimer's in people now. That's why their is such a large number of people inflicted now. Yes I would consider that a Practice.

Or you can blame the mythical "Big Pharma" conspiracy.... but there's no evidence of that either.... maybe they meet at Area51.

As for the big Pharmaceuticals.... They are only looking to rake in the billions. Do you really think they want to cure anybody? They would lose loads of money if they did. They love when people are ill, and are in need of their medications. Cha Ching!! All these medicines that are being found to cause illness, and are losing their approvals with the FDA now. Medicines we all believed in. Try suing the FDA and see where that gets you. Because once they are approved by the FDA, they dissolve any legal suits from the Pharm. companies. That's really convenient.
 jachamer
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/5/2011 9:01:17 PM
Do vaccines cause learning disabilities and behavioral problems?

www.whale.to/vaccine/thompson.html

www.rense.com/general94/gmodna.htm

www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/opinions_decisions_vaccine/Published

http://coto2.wordpress.com/2011/07/17/murdoch-and-vaccines-exposure-of-murdochs-crimes-expose-a-much-larger-story/

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/wakefield-has-company

http://www.thenhfieland.com/?p=439

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/measles-united-kingdom-wakefield -factor
 chemosaby
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/9/2011 2:32:01 PM
Wakefield's work has been replicated many times. The connection to the newspaper phone tapping in Britain shows Brian Deer, Pharma companies who make MMR, the Murdochs, The Lancette are all connected and participants in the intentional attack on Wakefield. I listed many links that will help anyone understand the truth.
 walkwithmenow
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/10/2011 3:10:06 PM
Vaccines are less dangerous than walking in a open field in a thunder storm. But they are not without risk. Your chances of being struck down by the shot are less than dying or being injured from one of the serious health risks it is trying to prevent.

I had the measles when I was in grade one before they gave shots for it. I almost died from the illness and I suffered from impairment for the remainder of my life.

That said I had the flu shot for the 1st time in November of 1999. It almost killed me. I developed a serious complication. I am still dealing with the after effects of that choice.

I signed the waver and foolishly thought it could not hurt. The impact started within minutes of the shot. Two days later I didn't even know what my own name was. I survived but can tell you at times I wish I had not survived. It caused me severe distress and was a long recovery.

Like anything in life a one size fits all does not mean it actually will fit you. Be careful do your own research and make the best choice you can based on the facts you find. The chances are no greater than 50/50 that you are doing the right thing.

Only time will tell.
 chemosaby
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/11/2011 5:32:10 PM
Funny how a person says vaccines are all good, with the usual nonsense logic that lightning or crossing the street supports their view. How about sticking to the one topic and refrain from subjects of no relation to vaccines.
Then, a person does a 360 and says a vaccine almost killed them. More of that warped logic no doubt. Luckily you weren't struck by lightning or hit by a car on your way to get poisoned.
 jachamer
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/12/2011 7:29:16 PM
Alan is perfect. Alan never says anything wrong. Alan is a complete bore.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > are vaccines a dangerous health risk?