Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Are you a hot blooded/passionate woman and love to kiss?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
The only thing that makes me pause about this, is that it happened AFTER you had progressed to phone contact. So PERHAPS he is excited, and exhibited eager risque behavior in an effort to be humorous, and it came across wrong. That's the BIG stumbling block with written communications of any kind: no tone of voice to use to know where the person's intentions might be. I have been on BOTH ends of such things many a time in my life (not just in the dating world, it happens all the time in business too), and had to either give or receive apologies for bollixed attempts at being funny.
 sweetest
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Are you a hot blooded/passionate woman and love to kiss?
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:31:35 AM
Igor's point is interesting. The fact that it happened after the phone contact seems a bit weird to me, as it's been my experience that this type of thing is usually part of an introductory email. Like others, I've also considered it inappropriate if not a crude attempt at fact-finding, typically from men that I'd never in a million years be attracted to.

The question though and getting to the heart of understanding that about what a woman/man is about...and whether they are compatible or in sync, is in my opinion--a valid endeavor; as it would make sense to have some semblance of understanding before making a huge investment in time with a new person only to find that they are not similarly skewed.

Luckily, some discerning men have skills at uncovering these types of suitabilities without appearing crude and inappropriate. Likewise, some women are able to frame their potential like-mindedness in such a way that it resonates, without ever needing to openly advertise or worse, appear crass or vulgar.

edited
 Vannili
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:57:48 AM
That is very inappropriate question ,correct me if I am wrong I bet that question is from an old foggey guy.. My answer to that is the same like forumfishie.

If he labeled me GOLD DIGGER ,I'll tell him he must not let his pecker do the asking question to women for they 'll all turn into Gold diggers ..
 Vannili
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2010 9:29:09 AM
To answer your question, I think a man should not have to ask. It's embarrassing to you if you are not a good kisser,embarrassing to if he can not tell if you are and totally superflous. and a turn off. The same goes for asking favorite position (yawn).

Sir, sexual intercourse is not an aproppriate verbal topic in a polite society,specially if you just meet a wo/man.*** Sex is like religion you don't discuss it you DO it.***

If a man asked that question I would be embarrass not because I am a good kisser or a bad kisser because his mental capacity is as small as his pecker.. You can define a person by his mind if he got class or classless..

Vannili
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2010 10:52:09 AM
" Is it true what they say about black guys?"

When I was working in HongKong, I was on my day off sitting with girlfriends in Mcdonald restaurant and a bunch of good looking marine black guys passed and we swooned and in another table a girl comment "about black a guy", . Now , I live here in the USA I have some close female friends that are married to black guys but I never pop the question "about black guys" tho I am so curious , for I can't stomach myself being a vulgar.

Well, if I want to know "about black guy" I'll find a healthy black guy and check it myself personally and keep the experience to myself.....

Pepp,you mean the old foggey guys watching hookers in Taco Bell eating BURITOS ? They don't eat it by fork cut in small portion they shove that long buritos in their mouth !!chuckle!
 myrgth
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2010 5:58:16 AM
Haha, unfortunately it is very, very typical. I can't really say I think it is inappropriate as much as I just think it is unnecessary. Which is my typical response to the question when asked. Yes, it gets asked a lot. Not those exact words but some variation of them. It is almost always some divorced dude that is over 40. Never had a dude under 40 ask. Weird.

I tend to go the literal route. My response that the exact question asked would likely go something like, "I am neither hot nor cold blooded. My temperature typically runs around 98 so that might be considered slightly cooler than most but not enough to actually say cold. Most all people are passionate about one thing or another, so sure. I only love to kiss when I have a partner that can. My life experience has shown me time and again that anyone who needs to ask such a question will not be a partner that is on the same level as I when it comes to these things (because the old adage really is true. Those that can, do. Those that can't, talk about it.) So with that I wish you luck in your search.
 olddirtybastard
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/13/2010 3:29:35 PM

To the Women Forumites: Just as the title states - How would you interpret an email with this content from a member who's only had one convo via telephone with you? Would you think this to be "inappropriate" or a "typical" question?

Men: Is this one of the items on a man's "checklist" of requirements from a partner? That needs to be ask sooner than later or possibly wait to find out on your own?

well, OP, since you brought it up the topic....we need to know..

ARE YOU? :)
 bikeman1467
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2010 10:02:48 PM
Here's the thing: wouldn't it behoove the kissing inquisitor to approach whoever it is that float's his/her boat, seek a legitimate connection, then lean for a kiss and see if he/she kisses well? You know, A before B, B before C, etc. It's sort of stupid and presumptive to inquire about sensuality without any sort of proper buildup. Obvious to me; perhaps not obvious to some others.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/23/2010 6:05:15 PM
I had correspondence with an intelligent man that seemed to be going well After a week I offered to meet him for dinner somewhere, but he turned it down and I respected that because it was a last minute offer but he called and we both seemed to enjoy talking.

After just friendly daily exchange I got "I awoke thinking of you and wanting to give you a morning hug and kiss.. "
Kind of makes me wonder what else was going on under the covers. lol

In my snarky way I asked "how about an actual date first"?

He responded "I thought you would say that".

I hadn't heard from him, gave it a couple weeks and then asked him what happened?

He complimented my looks but then said he didn't think I would be passionate & affectionate enough for him & he had that problem with his ex.

So now I've added to my profile:
Now it turns out the 3rd date rule is null and void. Now it seems I have to prove to every man that I am a passionate and affectionate BEFORE the first date. Please tell me how a woman does that?

To be honest when guys over 40 talk about how much they love to kiss in their profiles it actually kind of squicks me. What if I talked about how much I liked every guy in a tavern last week sticking his tongue down my throat? When you get over a certain age, it's just a visual the general population does not need.

I'm just getting too old to play into the "romantic" online fantasy BS, and especially if they do not see an actual meeting or date as being important.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/24/2010 10:13:16 AM

To which I would have replied...
"Yes....but NOT with YOU"

Funny - but in real life I do try to be kind.

I've had several men ask me during the preliminary "getting acquainted" period what "sapiosexuality" was in my list of interests. (I know where they were going)
The fact they didn't even try to look it up, proved to me they most likely didn't fit into that category.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/24/2010 1:29:56 PM
I know I can be snarky at times, and I often say the first
thing that pops into my head, but I can't even bother to
respond to these types of questions anymore. I remember
when I first started here, I got the stuff like do you like bubble
baths and back rubs, do you like to kiss, do you like sex etc etc
and I would look at the picture of the guy that was writing it or
asking it, and I realized it grossed me out and I'd almost throw up
in my throat. I would often tell them that or say something to try to
lighten up the situation, but the damage was done. They of course
figured I was gay or just didn't like men or was perhaps just frigid.

Now I just stop talking or responding to those questions and the people
that ask them. It sometimes occured to me that the person asking
wasn't really that attracted to me anyways and just figured he'd see how
far he could get, at the very least I figured he already had no respect for
me, so it could only go downhill anyways.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/24/2010 2:07:46 PM
It sometimes occured to me that the person asking
wasn't really that attracted to me anyways and just figured he'd see how
far he could get, at the very least I figured he already had no respect for
me, so it could only go downhill anyways.

Wow - It's great to hear that - I thought they only did that with fat chicks.

I had one guy at the end of a date suggest we go into my bedroom, when the whole night, he hardly looked at me, talked about his ex a lot, didn't open a door, help me on with my coat, didn't ask any questions about myself. It felt like he was just going through the motions - I was right, because I stopped him by asking right out "How do you feel about me"? He said in a really ambivalent tone of voice, "You're alright".
Oh be still my heart..............
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/4/2010 2:09:15 PM

To the Women Forumites: Just as the title states - How would you interpret an email with this content from a member who's only had one convo via telephone with you? Would you think this to be "inappropriate" or a "typical" question?

Well, it's been sort of the norm in my experience and I consider it inappropriate. This may explain why I don't usually get passed the email/phone stage onto actually meetings.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/5/2010 11:03:41 AM

sobrosura....this clown is trying to see if you fit into the stereotype of latin women.

basically he wants to screw -

and yes, this is on my checklist- however I don't ask that question. I take field tests and research first hand.
 smokincigars
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2011 11:38:33 PM
My profile makes it clear that I love to kiss, hold hands and cuddle. I assume that any woman I message, or who messages me first, will read it long before we get past the e-mail stage. My profile also says "No overnight anything on the first date", which is my way of saying I am not looking for casual sex. Truth is, there are times when kissing is more fun than sex; other times, it is a very nice prelude to something more with the right woman, when the time is right.

No, I don't ask a woman if she loves to kiss -- I've learned my lesson after scaring a couple of women away -- but I do let them know that I enjoy kissing and expect to kiss on the first date if the right chemistry is there.
 _allen_
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2011 2:43:35 PM
I know a lot of women (and men) are huge fans of kissing ...

I'm not such as huge fan of kissing. In fact, I'm not a huge fan of touching either. I really don't like being touched. Weird, I know!

I absolutely hate Public Displays of Affection (PDA).

Though, if I ever found the right woman, I'd suck it up and be a man. She could kiss and touch me any which way the wind blows. But until I find her, ladies keep your hands to yourself.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/1/2012 8:28:44 AM
Funny how many older men's profiles seem to almost be entirely focused on their own physical needs - (because their ex wasn't willing to meet them) - but at the top of the profile it warns no drama queens. Drama queen = hotblooded & passionate. What he wants is confirmation that you are the tramp of his dreams and adding you to his list will require very little time and effort from him.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:50:16 PM
I just had someone ask if I was a passionate woman on the second brief and very awkward phone conversation and I thought of this thread. I like "onlydateif"s response. From now on I see leading questions like this as a huge red flag.
 astrosky
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 8:01:01 AM

Funny how many older men's profiles seem to almost be entirely focused on their own physical needs - (because their ex wasn't willing to meet them)

Yes, I find that the original question just reeks of baggage from before, and is kind of telling to me because just maybe she had her reasons for turning off to him, maybe he was a dud in bed.

But really, how are you supposed to answer a question like that? I think most woman would say - with the right man, the right chemistry, heck yeah! You can't guarantee you'll be that way with everybody though. But if you want to get pushy about it, it always turns into "Yes I Do, But Not With You".
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/1/2012 11:53:33 AM

No
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/1/2012 1:22:58 PM
I have had emails like this.

I respond, "Yes, I am--but not with you."
 sentback
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2012 3:05:37 PM
forumfishie If you look like a penthouse model I would agree to what you desire. If NOT a penthouse model. I would take you to burger king
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/3/2012 11:52:49 AM
If I were to engage in a "sex-only" relationship, it would be w/ a younger man

Some folks r delusional, has nothing to do w/ their gender...
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 8:10:22 PM

I even read one a while back, where the guy was divorced, but hadn't had sex in the last 16 years of his marriage. So would you think that guy would want to engage a woman who had no passion? They do exist, I hate to inform you, just like there are guys like that as well.

^^ I think this is the crux of the question..
There are a lot of men that had a bad relationship and are bitter because the "passion" died.
I feel....when people figure it out..It takes TWO for this to happen in most cases!!!
If you can't acknowledge your part in why a relationship went wrong and quit blaming it on your EX.....you'll get it!!
I see it all the time...both are unhappy...no consideration for each other....stay until one either cheats or moves on....some stay because they just give up!

It is an important part of any relationship...but to be asked right away by a stranger..
Pfft..I'm with this!!

As one of those aforementioned disconsolate men whose mate effectively abandoned them mid-marriage, let me say that I hope that along the way I find a special woman who is not above some refresher lessons. Lord knows I'm gonna need 'em.

TK
[I hope it is as natural as riding a bike]
 TantricJedi
Msg: 76
Posted: 3/3/2012 8:19:53 PM
Disgusting and looking for sex. Hope's your 'easy' or will engage in online sex with him. Run! But, I'm slow and like the woman to set the pace of intimacy. I prefer to be a gentleman and hope the woman appreciates that. I don't mind talking dirty once we've been dirty already:)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >