Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > no messages and low pic ratings?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 determinedandready
Msg: 11
no messages and low pic ratings?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
the muscle shirt isnt stupid..but i will add some more pics
 determinedandready
Msg: 12
no messages and low pic ratings?
Posted: 9/12/2010 12:08:34 PM
y when i quote someone..it doesnt quote them?
but jeez u guys are harsh. telling me to burn the shirt..would think would get admiration for exercising not being told u have man boobs..which i dont..my chest is actually to flat for my liking. or having people make fun of ur hair..then say ''we're'' not making fun of ur appearance.

also to the people who dissed my punctuation on my profile...the first guy spelled the word wear wrong..i didnt wanna say anything,but come on..i learned and mastered that word with excellent proficiency by the time i turned 4.

either way it seems lie a lot of work for a possible hookup..or relationship..compared to meeting someone in the outside world
 privat33r
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2010 12:46:00 PM
okay,. I have trouble with wear, where, and whether, weather, which, witch, your, you're and any number of other homonyms. Its a review, I'm not proof reading. Punctuation and spelling aren't crucial, but if its your own profile maybe best to fix the errors. I notice sometimes wrong spelling but fixing it sends a new email to those with alerts- who wants those?

Fix your pics. It is too simple, there are 15 digital cameras in most homes- you're going to get 2000 photos taken every time you walk in a mall. No one is criticizing you- however if we were in your shoes we'd be buying decent ones, getting our teeth whitened, finding athletic clothes and getting 14 of the best photos we could from friends and pros. Then we would rotate them by in groups of 8 to keep things fresh, seasonal. The objective is to lure in women by building a presence. Selling with photos works. Read up the Ebay guide on that or any of 1000 how-tos online.

Pics: 90%
About Me: 5%
Interests: 2%
First Date: 2.88%
Spellin: .05%
Grammar: .07%
 You go first
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/12/2010 1:38:45 PM
If we're just a random sampling of opinions, can you image what the really superficial judgmental girls your age are thinking!? View - pass. View - pass. No, the perfect girl for you is NOT going to read your profile if she doesn't like your picture, that's just the way it is. Enough on the picture, you've been told. Your choice if you want to act.

Did you decide if you were going to follow any of the other advice on the profile?
 determinedandready
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/1/2010 11:47:23 PM
well i still dont see how a guy looking for a HOOKUP..is getting no messages showing off his body. hookups are all about looks. besides that, i have enough things going for me anyways, like school, and my personal training anyways. i put a new pic up but i know its not one you guys will like.
 You go first
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/2/2010 9:05:18 AM

well i still dont see how a guy looking for a HOOKUP..is getting no messages showing off his body. hookups are all about looks. besides that, i have enough things going for me anyways, like school, and my personal training anyways. i put a new pic up but i know its not one you guys will like.

NOW you tell us you're just looking for a f*ckbuddy?! Change "Dating" to "Intimate Encounter" and quit wasting our time trying to help you find a girl for a relationship. Or - 1-800-dial-a- hooker may be faster if you're in that much of a hurry.
 determinedandready
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/3/2010 12:15:34 AM
au55 i appreciate the comments,but i dont understand how my pic is blurry,or how you cant see my face? did you enlarge it on my profile? i took it with an expensive cam and i can clearly see it.

im looking for a hookup or relationship,but at this point,with the economy and the school semester here,i think i just need a hookup and nothing more. although i wouldnt mind a relationship

i do really like your post,because it does show that although girls say personality is most important,we all know its not true ha.

but yeah i appreciate your post and im just confused how you cant see
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > no messages and low pic ratings?