Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wolfbyte69
Msg: 145
Is Texting Cheating?Page 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
it might not be cheating but the bigger question is it truly being faithful?
are you trying to ease your conscience or justify the situation by asking if it's cheating?
how would you feel if you found out your guy was talking to another woman the way you're talking with that guy?
I'm pretty sure you already know the answer if you're on a forum asking total strangers for their thoughts about it.
It's not really too difficult to see or know what kind of relationship is ok to have with someone who isn't single and it shouldn't include flirting....that's usually where home wreckers start their work.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 146
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 5/13/2013 9:32:23 PM

it might not be cheating but the bigger question is it truly being faithful?

Cheating = not being faithful. It doesn't require getting to the final point of executing physical sexual relations to be unfaithful.
 Anonymous..1
Msg: 147
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 5/13/2013 10:00:50 PM
Yes, there is more to cheating than sex. If you believe she knows he is talking to you and he has been honest to her about it and both are okay, then it's not cheating, if it is not mutual it is lying and cheating and betraying her.
 NtvNtv
Msg: 149
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 5/26/2013 8:28:36 PM
( ^ ^ )

"You are a magnet for guys that are unavailable?" It's because you condone/encourage the behavior . That is wrong on your part. They are wrong too.

If you know these guys have a significant other, why do you get involved?

Sadly you are enjoying it. : (
 aremeself
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 5/26/2013 10:14:20 PM
lets say your steady was texting someone for hrs................
 Smiley587
Msg: 151
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 12/19/2013 7:00:27 PM
Yes! You mentally cheat before you physically cheat.
 John255317
Msg: 152
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 12/19/2013 7:51:46 PM
OP, guess you could ask bill Clinton your question
 TOaks91360
Msg: 153
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 12/19/2013 8:06:48 PM
He's starting an emotional affair with you. Nothing physical required. Would you want to be with a guy that was doing that to his gf?
 TheMiddleSister
Msg: 154
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 12/21/2013 8:30:28 AM
No its not cheating !!!
 John255317
Msg: 155
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 12/21/2013 10:12:48 AM
Of course it is a form of cheating in regards to the OP's thread. She said they started talking everyday(texting) with flirting involved and the guy had a girlfriend. Call it sleazy, "cheating", or whatever you want but hopefully the guy has a tiny bit of respect and stops his current relationship with his current girlfriend. Then he can flirt all he wants and then the other person who is receiving the flirts can figure out for herself that she is next in line if she allows it to be.
 ichellebereel
Msg: 156
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 12/21/2013 10:28:05 AM
I definitely feel like it's cheating. I was dating a guy and he start text messaging a woman he had met, so I allowed him to keep texting her out of my presences (I left Him). I feel like it is totally disrespectful to text anyone that is in a relationship. I would not do anything to a woman that I would not want done to me.
We all have friends of the opposite sex, as far as text messaging the opposite sex as friends only, no flirting no sexual contents, I have no problem with that. I have friends of the opposite sex that are in a relationship and married but I know their mate and their mates text me as well, however, I have some friends that we were text messaging and their mate did not agree with it so I cut off the communication of text messages. Ask yourself, would you feel comfortable with someone text messaging your man and flirting with him? Maybe it's OK you you but a lot of woman will not accept it.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 157
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 12/21/2013 10:29:52 AM
I know this thread is a few years old. OP notes a guy from high school and OP are in constant text contact albeit he has a girlfriend of two years who lives out of town. OP states the high school guy is not in contact with the girlfriend. WHAT? I don't get it? If I knew a man has a girlfriend. STOP! That's it. That's all I need to know. I would not be texting contact for hours in any flirty kind of context. Period. How sad for the girlfriend and I agree with John, it's sleazy and disrespectful on both sides. How can you have a girlfriend and not be in contact? Something is fishy.......
 Carebear85Z
Msg: 158
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 2/27/2014 9:16:44 PM

OP - would his girlfriend be hurt/upset if she saw what the two of you were texting back and forth? That's always a good test of whether or not you are crossing a line!

^^ you read my mind ^^
OP- how would you feel if you weren't single, and you saw conversations of this nature in your s/o's phone?
 _shakti_
Msg: 159
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 2/28/2014 2:37:45 AM
Well, it isn't always so insidious. Sometimes it's a matter of having something in common with someone that your spouse doesn't share an interest in. And if that's what the convo typically centers around, with no flirting and such.. then what is the issue?
 Maleman999
Msg: 160
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 2/28/2014 6:35:04 AM

Well, it isn't always so insidious. Sometimes it's a matter of having something in common with someone that your spouse doesn't share an interest in. And if that's what the convo typically centers around, with no flirting and such.. then what is the issue?

In that case, there's no need to be secretive about it and let your spouse know, and allow her/him to see the texts if they want to, and the other person being texted should be just as open if they have a SO. And if your spouse has an interest in something you're not interested in, he/she should feel free to contact opposite sex friends and do the same.
 Verissa
Msg: 161
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 3/3/2014 3:53:36 PM
Considering this kind of behaviour led to the end of my marriage I am bias. Generally being friends with someone is ok, texting a friend once in a while to talk about life that is ok, texting for hours on end when someone is in a relationship and their partner has never met you is NOT ok. Would you like some woman doing that with your man? Any male friend I have had who has a significant other, I want to meet their partner or for them to know about me and that I am just their partner's friend and nothing more will EVER come of that. I am not religious and you don't have to be to believe "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" basic respect to treat others the way you would like to be treated.
 sigungq
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 3/3/2014 5:04:53 PM
Texting is primitive. Texting is to the telephone like telegraph was to the telephone. We've gone backward, not forward in technology.
 _shakti_
Msg: 163
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 3/4/2014 3:14:45 PM

In that case, there's no need to be secretive about it and let your spouse know, and allow her/him to see the texts if they want to
Well, in my case the person I text with told me his Gf does know, and said that she has read our messages on occasion. Which tbh, did seem a bit strange- but at least he's being open.

It would bug me on the other end of things for sure, but apparently she's ok with it. The one thing that makes me wonder is how much time he spends messaging me some days. I get that what we discuss isn't something she's into, and I don't have many to talk to about it either.. but.. believe it or not, I am very mindful of how I would feel if I were her. I have brought it up a couple of times.

Maybe it's selfish of me to not want to cut off communication? I just enjoy the talks and no lines have ever been crossed.
 Westernguy
Msg: 164
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 3/4/2014 3:24:22 PM
I was texting with a gf a while back and suddenly she sends me a text that made no sense. I questioned it and she revealed that she meant to send it to " Rob " not me.

It bugged me because I didn't realize I was involved in a texting " threesome " .

That's the problem with technology these days : the intimate one on one convo with your SO seems to have gone by the wayside.

Even if you're talking to her on the phone she might still be texting someone else on a different gadget.

Westernguy
 sN0Flakes
Msg: 165
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 3/4/2014 3:45:47 PM

Is Texting Cheating?

Texting is not. But...any behavior that you don't feel comfortable doing with your significant other having knowledge of most likely is. That's one litmus test. Another one is........IF YOU HAVE TO ASK...........
 _shakti_
Msg: 166
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 3/4/2014 4:10:56 PM
^^ If you are referring to my post, I could care less whether you think there was flirting, I know there hasn't been. As to his supposed nefarious intentions, none of that has come out. Not everyone is looking to cheat on their spouse, believe it or not.
 John255317
Msg: 167
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 3/4/2014 5:35:58 PM
I think the key word here is "most" men are not going to text with someone and not have other motives involved.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 168
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 3/4/2014 5:40:51 PM

"most" men are not going to text with someone and not have other motives involved.

"someone" = woman
==
I agree with John! Wow, I agreed with John on my prior December post, too. I just may have to text John and let him know Lakers beat TrailBlazers last night.....oooops, he probably already knows. LOL
==
I could not engage in flirtatious texting with a male friend if I am in a relationship with another man. Period. Not gonna happen.
 cesska
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 3/4/2014 8:51:51 PM
a man and woman can be friends for years with no sex involved
 DragonBits
Msg: 170
Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 3/6/2014 9:17:15 PM

Texting is primitive. Texting is to the telephone like telegraph was to the telephone. We've gone backward, not forward in technology

If you could carry a telegraph around in your pocket, get MSG any time day or night, and the "telegraph" would store them for when you are ready to answer them , and you could forward telegraph msgs to other people, then maybe they are the same.

Texting is useful in some circumstances, not in others. The same as letters, video chat, telephone, face to face, each have advantages and disadvantages.

If you are going to create an analogy, at least create one that makes sense.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >