Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > My EX.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lldivall
Msg: 26
view profile
History
My EX.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Thanks to all you lovely people for taking the time to reply.
I have decided to go to the party,coz ppl are right,its about the 21st and the girl involved,not me n my ex...I will let you know how it went..Again cheers.
 lldivall
Msg: 27
view profile
History
My EX.
Posted: 9/26/2010 2:28:28 PM
Update...I went to the party had a good time..Me n my ex were cival to one another..Cant believe I was worying bout this.
Thank you all who replied..xx.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 28
My EX.
Posted: 9/27/2010 3:40:09 PM
I would say if you can go and it will NOT set you back emotionally another 3-5 months...then go for it.

do NOT go with the inkling, idea or HOPE that this man is trying to get you back into his life as the way you were before.

he could be there with his new GF for all you know.
 bgrumling
Msg: 29
My EX.
Posted: 9/27/2010 4:34:59 PM
The kids have nothing to do with the break up and 13 years is a long time. I have two chldren and most of my exs see my children. They were not the cause of the break up. I know i broke up with someone 4 months ago and i can see them (though for the way we broke uilp we hate each other). It dosent hurt me to see her. I am glad she is gone and someone elses problem to deal with. BUt taking it out on the kids by not going is wrong. And being its a party you can casually aviod him or keep the conversation as light as possible
 Helen0426
Msg: 30
My EX.
Posted: 9/27/2010 6:58:17 PM

Update...I went to the party had a good time..Me n my ex were cival to one another..Cant believe I was worying bout this.
Thank you all who replied..xx.

Oh good! So glad to hear it. Must be quite a relief for you! And I'm delighted you were able to be there for his daughter. I'm sure it meant a good deal to her.

Thanks for letting your readers know how it went!
 lldivall
Msg: 31
view profile
History
My EX.
Posted: 9/28/2010 2:21:17 PM
. And thanks again.
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 32
My EX.
Posted: 9/28/2010 4:08:14 PM
You going was right. You are there for the 21 year old you had a relationship with for 13 years NOT him.

Glad it worked out.

this reminds me of all those mutual friends that suddenly disappear and take sides when couples split. If only they could stay cool and neutral or get some balls...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > My EX.