Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Twin flames - is there only one true love for each of us ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 x_file
Msg: 26
Twin flames - is there only one true love for each of us ?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

The question is - is there only one true love for each of us or is it possible to have more than one true love in one's lifetime.

True love has nothing to do with other people. It has to do with the state of your "soul" - for a lack of a better word.

The reason for asking this is of course what are you supposed to do if you believe that you have found your complete true love and then for some reason the relationship ends ?

Start by making sure your belief is actually true.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 27
Twin flames - is there only one true love for each of us ?
Posted: 9/18/2010 2:47:23 AM
x_file....The problem with one trying to "make sure" their belief is actually true, is the fact that at one point in time, we all believe we ARE doing everything under the sun to make sure its true, and the person is the absolute best for us....annnnnnd then time goes on, sh*t hits the fan, and it turns out that the person wasnt exactly the best of us afterall.

There are no real set rules, in order to make sure someone is absolutely positively the best for us.
 colt8301
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/18/2010 3:10:29 AM

The question is - is there only one true love for each of us or is it possible to have more than one true love in one's lifetime. The reason for asking this is of course what are you supposed to do if you believe that you have found your complete true love and then for some reason the relationship ends ?

So have you had what you would consider to be two true complete loves in your life or do you think that this is not possible?

Well, I have always said there's millions in every corner of the world you can be crazy about, but there will be a few that you will always like more than others, it's a contradiction. Well, disney stuff aside if my "one" and me end the relationship it's run it's course. I also believe in, if it's over, close the chapter. Don't stick around it only leads to disgust and resentment.

Well, in my 10 years of celibacy and not being involved with women much(date here and there) except on a platonic level, there were two women in particular who I bonded with that I liked more than anyone and still do to this day. I messed up with both and they are married off now. When I used to go out on dates, all I could see was their faces not the young lady I was with. I've been doing that for years now which is why I don't bother with women now. Maybe they are what you described , lol but I won't say it.
 MissNoWhere
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/18/2010 8:24:23 AM

When I used to go out on dates, all I could see was their faces not the young lady I was with. I've been doing that for years now which is why I don't bother with women now.

I am in that predicament right now. I know one man who has ALL the qualities I desire in a partner and yet he lives very far away. When I did date others, locally, I kept measuring them against him, which is completely unfair. I no longer date, because I realized it is not fair to measure them against him and I will never be fully happy with someone because of it. It would be wrong of me to subject someone else to that. Plus, the feeling of guilt that it would hurt him, tremendously, if I did.

I believe that there are partners for each phase of your life and that there is more than one soulmate for each person. I rather like the concept of a twin flame, because if we meet them, from what I read, then that is the ultimate relationship. But I'm a romantic in many ways.
 x_file
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/18/2010 11:24:39 AM

x_file....The problem with one trying to "make sure" their belief is actually true, is the fact that at one point in time, we all believe we ARE doing everything under the sun to make sure its true, and the person is the absolute best for us....annnnnnd then time goes on, sh*t hits the fan, and it turns out that the person wasnt exactly the best of us afterall.

Is it, or is it not possible to know if a belief like "it is true love" is true?

There are no real set rules, in order to make sure someone is absolutely positively the best for us.

There might not be any set rules, but does that mean no such knowledge is possible?
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/18/2010 11:29:22 AM
Well... everything in nature has twins... the DNA structure is a double helix.

Perhaps it's on a molecular level... DNA, primal instinct, ya da ya da, so there may be several twin flames that meet the criteria.

I definitely think there is one "twin" for everyone... but there maybe several clones as well
 Merrylass
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2010 12:40:52 PM
Yes. There is exactly one person on this whole planet for me. Unfortunately, he lives in Karsun, Russia. Man, that really stinks.
[/sarcasm]
 spencer192
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2010 9:20:02 AM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts & comments. I have concluded that no two relationships are the same, each different in its own way, a product of time & place & events. I am personally of the view now that lightning does not strike twice, even if you go out into a thunderstorm looking for it to hit you. There are it seems a very small number relationships that seem to be totally out of the ordinary; the stuff of fiction & fantasy.

However when these ( twin flame ) relationships do occur there is no law that says that they shall endure for any set length of time. Both parties need to be ready to commit totally to each other and to be in the right place for a very very intense and perfect love. In the event that the relationship does end the effects on the two parties can be extreme and problematic.

So in effect I think there is actually only one true deep love for each of us.

That said I think that it is perfectly possible to have any number of very workable, long, & loving relationships in one's lifetime, each with its particular merits and chemistry.

Good luck in your search.....
 deerdog1
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/21/2010 10:09:25 AM

There are over six billion people in the world, spread out over more than fifty-seven million square miles. If there were just one true love for you, what makes you think you'd even meet them? What if they lived in a different country? What if you moved to the wrong town?

DESTINY... many people believe that nothing happens by chance ..that our life is scripted ..that we will be irresistibly drawn to that person ..........I don't know ...when I met my wife we had lived in the same area for years yet never met ..there was no magic the day we met .. but for some reason the next few months she was every where I was ... we constantly ran into each other ..we ran in to each other in places which we either one had not been in years without having any knowledge that the other was going there or had ever been there ...I had joked to the guy who was with me when i met her...that I am going to marry that girl... but little did I know that we would meet every where I went ...about a month later I finally asked her out ...about a month after that she accepted .. and there was no turning back
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/21/2010 10:26:35 AM

DESTINY... many people believe that nothing happens by chance ..that our life is scripted ..that we will be irresistibly drawn to that person ..........I don't know ...when I met my wife we had lived in the same area for years yet never met ..there was no magic the day we met .. but for some reason the next few months she was every where I was ... we constantly ran into each other ..we ran in to each other in places which we either one had not been in years without having any knowledge that the other was going there or had ever been there ...I had joked to the guy who was with me when i met her...that I am going to marry that girl... but little did I know that we would meet every where I went ...about a month later I finally asked her out ...about a month after that she accepted .. and there was no turning back .

Thats very magical.
 foreverstacey
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/21/2010 4:42:35 PM
The idea that theres only ONE person for each of us out there is bull. Honestly, I'm a very strong believer in whatever happens happens for a reason.. and that if you're really meant to be with someone you'll end up with them in the end. My favourite saying right now is "if you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours.. if not, it was never really meant to be."

Although the ONE TRUE LOVE idea is romantic and would be a nice thought.. it's just not realistically possible.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/21/2010 5:07:33 PM
There are many potential loves for each of us.
It but is only true love if we bond well.
and choose to be "true" to each other.

If it doesn't work out.
Try again.

Sometimes you have to go thru a few potentials,
to get to the true.
 Walts
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/21/2010 5:28:06 PM
Are we really looking for that "true love"?????? Cause I don't think I am. I'm looking for a person who I can have a relationship with, communicate with, share ideas,,,and "stuff" with, along with other things. If,by chance love comes outta of it,,,,that's just a bonus,,,,is it not?????? I'm more than sure I have done that with a person or two already in my lifetime and I'm sure I could do it again,,,at least once or twice.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2010 6:23:11 PM
I don't know much about this "one true love" business, but I do have one hell of a grip on the "twin flames" concept........because my azz has been burned twice.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/16/2011 5:16:41 PM
I am not the 'other half' of any guy. I am a whole, unique woman and embrace such.

Why would anyone want to be 'half' of another anyway?

My soul mate can be anyone. Son, grand child, grand mother, grand father - anyone!
 karma1160
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/16/2011 5:44:01 PM
Actually this makes no sense to me, if you were capable of loving someone with all your heart in a unconditional way, than you are capable of doing it again.
It all depends on the persons capacity for true love, not some magical force in nature that only blesses you once.
IF you tell yourself that you are not, than you will always find something wrong and unfulfilling.
I have felt that things were meant to happen at times in my life, and I have never had evidence to prove this wrong.
There have also been times where the odds were so against me meeting the one, but yet it happened.
I still truly believe that your capacity to find love more than once has more to do with your capacity to love period.
 Dan99993
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/16/2011 5:44:19 PM
We may have many 'loves' but there seem to be few who can be the type you feel could be the 'love of your life'.

There are such people with whom you have a special connection, that you don't have with others regardless of how charming the latter are.
 Maleman999
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/16/2011 7:08:50 PM
The OP should forward this question to Hugh Hefner to see what his thoughts are concerning only one true love. Does his 20 year old (or there abouts) fiance think she found her true love in him? How about Anna Nicole Smith? Did she find her one and only true love in life when she met that half-dead guy in his 80's? She used to claim she did. It was just a coincident that he happened to be a billionaire.

I guess I should be booking a flight to China or the Himalayas, or somewhere out there, go from village to village, and work my way west until I find the one and only true love that was meant for me.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2011 10:39:49 PM
Yep...only one true love and that's it.......I know, because I've had at least a half dozen myself.
 AquanGold
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/17/2011 5:35:58 AM
I have meet women who have suffered the loss of their true love and who then refrain from starting a new relationship because they are waiting for a new love to come along....
Interesting. I`ve dated a few women who have been widowed and grieved for a period of time. When they`re ready to be with a man, you can tell. They act as if they haven`t had sex and its their first time. I find that very attractive.
I guess there are different stages of falling in love in one`s life as well.
But, i`m a believer in chemistry, when i feel the attraction for someone, normally, they`re feeling it as well.
As we get older, things change,we feel differently for numerous reasons,but, we still have those desires we as humans share!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/17/2011 6:44:24 AM

So have you had what you would consider to be two true complete loves in your life or do you think that this is not possible?

True love is not JUST a feeling........it has to be a give and take.

The whole fairy tale thing is a joke. Two people have to work at love and a relationship.
Yes there is way more than one person you can truly love.

The trick is finding a partner that knows how to make through the tough times as well as the good.
One that knows what a commitment is and is willing to stand by their words.

Relationships should NOT be like a bic lighter.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/17/2011 6:48:04 AM

Yes there is way more than one person you can truly love.

Yes, there are. I do have to admit, I have had a "romantic love of my life" and I doubt that'll happen again. But he was not my Twin Flame or I'd not be single today.

~OT~ The Twin Flame concept is too complicated to even bother delving into here in this limited venue. It's vastly different than a "soul mate" (a highly overused term in the world today) and yet I do believe I've known one couple that truly were Twin Flames. One couple out of the many I personally know or have known? That makes the odds highly unlikely we'll ever find ours, if that's what we're looking for. JMO
 thisisit11
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/10/2011 11:54:52 AM
i think that love is an action. we act loving, we get love. Of course both parties must be on the same page.

i dont believe in the soul mate concept, if it does happen, it hasnt happened to me
 kailania
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/11/2011 3:12:21 PM
i believe we do have soulmates but not only one in this lifetime.
i am curious about the twinflames. verygreeneyes...can you explain more on what that is about or write to my in box about it please?
it has been coming up as a topic of conversation a few times since yesterday and in the past.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/11/2011 4:06:31 PM

No.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Twin flames - is there only one true love for each of us ?