Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capn_America
Msg: 48
Traditional vs. Modern (or maybe not)Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

" 3) Go before me as I walk down stairs and behind me as I walk up them;"

LMAO I do that with my 3 1/2 year old, and also have my kids walk to my right so they dont get hit by cars if they pass by, does that count as being chivalrous?
Problem is, and maybe you ladies dont realise it, but a lot of women are NOT like this; a lot of them ridicule such "protective" behavior.
I believe in buying lunch if I go out too, but you getpractically your head ripped off if the girl your dating is "modern". She thinks you think of her as inferior to yourself. The problem with 2012 is the lines are very blurred, very ill defined, and depending on WHICH source of information you listen, you either get "all women are evil" and "All women are sheep" instead of something in between. Same with men.
 Capn_America
Msg: 49
Traditional vs. Modern (or maybe not)
Posted: 3/1/2012 8:55:57 AM

I'll just settle for a guy that wants to walk up and down stairs,
before me or behind me,
instead of playing X-box 24-7

Oh, and I resent that lol. I'm a gamer at heart, probably always will be, yet, if I did have a girlfriend right now, the Xbox's buttons will probably the least of the "buttons" on my mind
 LathaMath
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/1/2012 9:10:55 AM
I think you are having problems with labels and sterotypes. I'd suggest forgetting about "modern" and 'traditional", basically incompatible, and just list the qualities and behaviours for which your are searching in a man or men. I've met several men who I think would suit your requirements, all of them government bureaucrats with univertisty degrees. I think it's because their traditional social values have been tempered by a liberal arts education and a socially conscious career. Not all government bureacrats, mind, but quite a few. They tend to be socially conservative, economically liberal, and risk adverse.
 good_catch77
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/1/2012 9:29:45 AM

I suggest you advertise for a “real man

Well the thing is there are a lot of real men out there. It boils down to physical attraction intertwined with it though. Real men come in all shapes and sizes (as do real women as well)

I was once making a comment on a FB thread about how I would like for women to flirt back if they are interested. I got the "well you're looking at girls and not women" bit (in regards to maturity). I then responded that "the problem with mature women is that they are hard to spot because age doesn't guarantee maturity" I never got a response...all I heard was "crickets".

Point with that is "real men" are equally hard to find because age doesn't guarantee maturity with us guys either.

As to the actual OP, sorry went of on a rant with the "real man" thingy. There are a lot of people out there with red flags and such. Some are very important and "need" others are "wants"....

IE

I "need" a woman that doesn't smoke
I "want" a woman that can cook well

I can live with the 2nd one if she couldn't cook but a smoker is another thing...(don't read into this I just used cook as a example)

I personally "don't sweet the small stuff"...but those big red flags are totally different...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >