Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How to cure my "bad boy" addiction?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 126
How to cure my bad boy addiction?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Buy four wigs. Wear them around him and assume different personalities and accents. Also have each one of them like some different form of sex. One can be kind of an exhibitionist and go in public comando, the other one may like bjs, while the other one likes different positions. What this will do, if not cured you of your bad boy addiction, turn the bad boy into someone that does not want to leave you for other women. Oh, here's another good one. Take a taxi to your favorite bar/restaurant and tell him to meet you there. Act like you do not know him and then try to seduce each other. Then go home and have a wild time.

Repeat as often as you like.
 I_Eat_Crayons
Msg: 127
How to cure my bad boy addiction?
Posted: 8/17/2012 4:16:38 PM
It's the excitement factor...he looks dangerous and wild also there is no telling what random thing he will do next.
I have this problem..and the boring "nice guys" are only that way because the ones you chose where probly perdictable..you want to try to find one "in the middle" one that looks like he has some "edge" but then has a stable life style and is a bit adventurous.
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 4:35:06 PM
I think the allure of a "bad boy" is not so much that he's "bad" so to speak. Mean, tough, imposing, dangerous or whatever. I don't think women desire to fear a man. I think it's that he's emotionally unavailable. And this makes many women feel like they're not good enough for him, thus causing a lot of women to try to prove they are good enough. It's the women wanting what they think they can't have factor.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/17/2012 4:56:13 PM
It sounds like you are attracted to abusive men. We gravitate toward what is FAMILIAR, not necessarily what is comfortable. I suggest counseling to help you avoid repeating this pattern.
 INSTYLE9611
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/17/2012 5:27:02 PM
Guess you need common sense first or brains
 whatagirlwants12
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/17/2012 7:52:07 PM
so called bad boy never calls when he says, always wondering when you will see him next , you jump at his every whim , there is no challenge for him. he gets bored........( stop being too available and falling over yourself with certain guys, demand respect... or you'll seem desperate)

So called nice guy calls when he says, wants to see you often , jumps at your every whim there is no challenge for you, you get bored......they seem desperate....does this make you a bad girl?
 Sailing78
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/17/2012 9:29:55 PM

you know, the type that always have an exciting date planned out, keep you laughing, and never make you feel creeped out by their clinginess.

So what do you do for him? Have YOU planned exciting dates for him, kept HIM laughing, and never made HIM feel creeped out by your clinginess? If so, then it just wasn't a match. If not, then that's probably the reason they leave after a month...

I've met a few nice guys too but I always tend to get bored after the first few weeks because the novelty wears out and all you're left with is a repetitive cycle of dinner and movie dates.

Again, what do you contribute, or do you just wait around for the guy to do/plan everything? If you want more excitement, why don't YOU plan more exciting dates?
 bikeman1467
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:06:13 PM
No offense, but I wouldn't waste time on a person who dated me a few fimes then started to blow me off. They aren't serious in dating you, or anyone else for that metter. There are LOTS of people on the internet doing casual hookups. This doesn't happen In Real Life, when you meet someone in person first. The chemistry is sorta obvious, and if you don't pick up on the Real Life signals well then that's your fault for not paying attention. This ain't rocket science.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:19:15 PM
Instead of a bad boy with some redeeming qualities, you need a good boy with some bad tendencies...
 gentlebear22
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:32:32 PM
I have heard many of woman's stories of their drug and alcoholic addicted mates of being irresponsible to their wives and kids.Basically not manning up and taking care of business. Also there are woman who do the same exact things that the so called bad boys do. So many songs in written about these kind of women. When someone has been hurt enough by these morons, and is sick of tired of being sick and tired then they will change things up so not to get involved with a person like this again. I see profiles of people on POF who like to drink a few days or more a week; I would never get involved
with a woman like this. I have learned from my experiences.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 8:25:55 AM
God, some of you are so goofy in your crazy ideas of bad boys, nice guys, men in general, relationships, what it takes for you to feel chemistry or be interested, who you are and what you want, how to look for it...you deserve what experiences you have. Meanwhile real men are waiting for more women to get their crap together so we can stop with the crap and games and find you and have a real life together.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/18/2012 8:26:26 AM
Easy answer...grow up.
 rockondon
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 8:53:53 AM
One: learn to appreciate the good qualities in those who don't fit in to your 'bad boy' definition.
Two: take an honest look at the contribution you make in the relationship. Do you make dating suggestions? If he's the one doing all the work in a relationship, that gets boring fast and also conveys the message that you aren't all that interested.
 helpmeahhh
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 10:10:55 AM
"You don't necessarily need to cure it. Just find a guy who has the bad boy look but is actually a responsible person"

Then it'll fizzle after a few dates make her realize that he's 'boring' (as in, normal).

Chicks that dig on bad boys are single forever and ever because they can't be in a relationship. They can't just go to the movies with the guy they love on a saturday night their brains don't work that way. Basically they are never content or happy the glass is always half empty to them.
 helpmeahhh
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 10:27:59 AM
"Easy answer...grow up."

Yeap!

If they are beyond age ~20 and they still want bad boy types you can forget about having relationships with them. Maybe 6mos of drama and sex but that's it. Life is too short to get with a woman that's an honest to God head case; regular ones are crazy enough as it is!
 helpmeahhh
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 10:29:16 AM
"And having been through a fairly horrendous marriage with a man I thought would be a good father based on what I saw of my stepson, at the end of the day, if you want the marriage and kids, the passion and excitement is great but it generally has a shelf life and you find yourself a virtual single parent while married to someone that knows zero about being a good husband and father because bad boys tend to be pretty narcissistic."

This lady knows what she's talking about.
 laskoboo
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 5:01:57 PM

I just want to know how I can stop being so enamored by the charm of the "bad boy"

date 0ne.
when he treats you like crap, you should wake up. If not, go through the drama and waste years of your
life where you could be being treated well.
Some women are hard headed and slow to learn and also have low self worth, so they waste years.

Think about your bad boy and all his "BOYISH" ( stupid immature selfish) ways... would you rather be
with someone like that?
or someone who loves and cherishes you? someone who is a man, not a boy... you can provide you with
not just trust and things of a good mans nature but also someone you can count on.

Take your pick... the choice is yours.
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 5:07:21 PM

"Bad boys" are generally the ones that aren't Christian. If you're not Christian, you have no moral compass. there's no limit to the degrading acts you'll stoop to. Atheism has the most horrid track record of morality: Stalin's purge; Hitler's genocide; Pol Pot's massacres; Darwin's survival of the fittest which produced Eugenics; & on & on.... If it weren't for the church, humans would be atheist savages - eating their young if they felt like it, fondling women left right & center, imbibing of intoxicating substances all the time; defecating in the street... I'm sure some of you here are QUITE familiar with one or two of these behaviors yourself.

Horse sh*t! Being a Christian or not has absolutely nothing to do with it. I know plenty of so called Christians who will stab you in the back and cut your throat just as quickly and easily as anyone. More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason. I don't see many Christians refusing to fight wars for a gaggle of pencil necked lying, criminal politicians. I'm not Christian. How dare you tell me that because of it, I have no moral compass. Quite the opposite. I have a moral compass that's much more in tune than many so called Christians. I see many of them for the hypocritical bigots that they are. Be careful spreading your generalized nonsense.
 laskoboo
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 8:12:03 PM

Horse sh*t! Being a Christian or not has absolutely nothing to do with it. I know plenty of so called Christians who will stab you in the back and cut your throat just as quickly and easily as anyone. More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason.

agree with this very much.
I tend to avoid anyone announcing themselves as "christians" although I am one...
I know the difference between religion and relationship.

Someone saying they are a christian does not mean you will find a nice person... you could just find a
nutcase.
 fkn_edgy
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 6:28:43 PM
So when I clicked this thread initially it was for all the wrong reasons but as I continued to read I actually found it quite informative. After reading it through I'm pretty convinced that one of the problems that I may have had with the women that I've met is that I usually try to be gentlemanly which I now think probably comes off as too nice/not bad-boy enough. Unfortunately it's the way I was taught to act and there's no going back to change the past, but now that I've realized it I'm at least in the position to make some changes now.

I've already take a few notes on things to work on that OP and others mentioned here (I don't really want to get tattoos/piercings/motorcycle or make any serious lifestyle changes, but showing up late, being more indifferent, ditching girls for prettier/younger ones, etc. are all things that I can probably do). I'm wondering if there are any more suggestions though from either the women here or even other 'bad boy' type guys themselves?

Thanks for the tips!
 elednuw
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:24:27 PM
Simple:Go out with a nice guy.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 147
Posted: 8/20/2012 4:04:16 AM
u like drama in your life..until u can recognize the 'prob'..only then can u 'fix' the prob..
 Suzie_Hippie_Homemaker
Msg: 148
Posted: 8/21/2012 8:22:32 AM
Hi. My name is Suzie and I have a bad boy addiction.

Hot sex is a powerful thing.

If anyone knows of a cure, please post it. LOL
 Slinkythebadboyswife
Msg: 149
Posted: 8/21/2012 10:30:48 AM
How to cure the bad boy addiction...

Find a bottle of Jose Cuervo and do a couple of shots with said bad boy.

When he walks past you, you kind of back into him.

Share one passionate kiss at the end of the bar.

Drag him to the altar.

Then wonder for the next 2 years "Oh Lord, what have I gotten into?

That will kill an addiction fast! ;)

Slinky
 Suzie_Hippie_Homemaker
Msg: 150
Posted: 8/21/2012 11:05:19 AM
I am not convinced you are cured. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How to cure my "bad boy" addiction?