Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > In 2010, can someone explain this to me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TDH49
Msg: 26
In 2010, can someone explain this to me?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Or white women who say they will only date black men because they are better in bed.

Actually you had me until this part. I can't speak for other black men but when it comes to me, no truer words were ever spoken. it's not rediculous, it's gospel.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 27
In 2010, can someone explain this to me?
Posted: 9/26/2010 2:27:16 PM
^^^^^Maybe thats why so many white guys are trying to get that deep tan. I always thought they called us Cauc Asians for a reason
 stella_ardente
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/26/2010 2:27:56 PM
She's an anonymous evangelist for her cause. A rude one.
The Interwebs are full of people trying to relay their beliefs to people who don't hold those beliefs, with the intent to change their minds.
In her case, it seems she's trying to push buttons, to get the reader defensive, perhaps to anger or to shame.

Are you trying to discuss the psychology of this rude evangelist and other rude evangelists (like the guy here in the forums who told me I should be interested in meeting a long-distance guy even though I'm not interested in a ldr)?
I think they do what they do because they think it "works" for them - they like to believe they "win" either way ... they get someone to change their mind ... or they get someone riled up. They try not to let the fact that some people write them off as idiots enter into their heads.

Or are you trying to discuss the substance of her belief(s)?
Sigh.

Or both?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2010 4:50:23 PM
2010. THE RICH AND POWERFUL HAVE FINALLY LEARNED THAT THEY NEED THE REST OF US IN ORDER TO STAY RICH AND POWERFUL! Not.

2010. Racism is LONG GONE! Not.

2010. NO ONE BLAME OTHERS FOR THEIR OWN SHORTCOMINGS ANY MORE! Not.

2010. IT'S NOW A PIECE OF CAKE TO FIND TRUE LOVE INSTANTLY!
Duh!
 BoazMate
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/26/2010 4:55:20 PM

2010. IT'S NOW A PIECE OF CAKE TO FIND TRUE LOVE INSTANTLY!
Duh!
You got that right! NOT!
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2010 6:56:47 PM

Are you trying to discuss the psychology of this rude evangelist and other rude evangelists (like the guy here in the forums who told me I should be interested in meeting a long-distance guy even though I'm not interested in a ldr)?

Yup. The Psychology. Perhaps I am simply naive or willfully ignorant, but it seems pointless to me. If she is only into black men, that is cool, but even if I thought she was my perfect match, we are in different States. I would never meet or date her anyway! That sort of comment can not possibly change my mind (like I am gonna abandon my son now!?!) and she blocked me so she could not even see if I get riled up. What is the gain here?
 SilentInk
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/26/2010 7:02:28 PM
^ Some people live by the mentality of 'don't bite your tongue because it hurts'. She simply had a thought pop up in her head, and instead of keeping quiet about it she chose to follow the urge by telling you exactly what was on her mind. She gained nothing by it, because I don't think her attempt was to rile you up. She simply wanted to tell you something that obviously is a huge deal in her ignorant mind.
 *MrP*
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/26/2010 7:29:49 PM
Hi Miles, I don't see anything in your profile that would vaguely suggest that you prefer white women. The only plausible explanation I can come up with is that you are a tall, dark and handsome guy (don't read anything into that, lol) posing with a white woman in a couple of your photos. Yeah, I know there are several other people in both of them, but it seems to me that the woman in question is taking whatever frustrations she's experiencing with her own love life on you.

Based on some of the stats I read regarding far more single African-American women than men out there, this particular demographic trend could at least partly explain such frustration and hostility you undeservedly receive from them.

MrP
 DrummingNut
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/26/2010 7:35:27 PM
What the heck does 2010 have to do with it?
Are you actually thinking that this is the magical year all contention was wiped out?
 RushLuv
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/26/2010 7:51:10 PM

I can't speak for other black men but when it comes to me, no truer words were ever spoken.

Pffft. Italian men are better in bed.
 TDH49
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/26/2010 8:50:34 PM
Italian men are better in bed

Damn another sister who only date white men.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/26/2010 9:21:46 PM
Pffft. Italian men are better in bed.

They don't call it hot italian sausage for nothin. I thought it was hilarious in A Fish Called Wanda where Jamie Lee Curtis was instantly turned on if John Clease said something in Italian.
 arwen52
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2010 9:35:22 PM
I read your profile. I don't see what she was reacting to. However, if you copied her message verbatim, she's got some problems with spelling and grammar. Maybe she's got some problems with reading, too. Maybe she's jumping to conclusions because you like Streisand and Shakespeare. I dunno.

You sound like an interesting guy. Be with the people you find interesting and don't worry overmuch what others think.
 az109
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/26/2010 10:19:16 PM
another brother who like white woman

I obviously do like White women

Comparing the two examples, we find clues.

In the first example, had there been a comma, "another brother who, like white woman" we could wonder what, like white woman (whoever she is), does the brother?

"Another brother who, like white woman, prefers french fries to baked potatoes."

Without the comma, "another brother who like white woman", could be a variation of, "another brother who likes white woman (whoever she is)", or, "another brother who likes white women". The singular form, woman, coupled with the comparative "like", presents a mystery that might be explained as a colloquialism or perhaps an ethnic turn of phrase. Had he replied with, "I obviously do likes White woman", then a strong case could be made for an ethnic flavor. Alternately, had his reply been either, "I likes me some white women", or "I do likes me some white wimmins", it would almost certainly be an exchange based in a shared dialect which was probably learned subliminally after falling asleep watching an especially bad, old black and white movie.

As the two examples are therefor not linked in a common language variant, we can look to the capitalization of the slang term, White, which is usually begun with the lower case "w", eg, "white", as a betrayal of the superior regard for "white" woman or women that was the subject of the original observation. Had white woman or women not been elevated in status above lower case black sister, then brother's protestations could be accepted as less than too much.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/27/2010 12:28:16 AM

The woman who sent you that email, is obviously one of those jealous sisters that can't deal with a black man dating outside of his race. Interracial dating is really big, especially nowadays.

There is an urban legend that black men are so scarce that black women are literally fist-fighting and snuffing each other out in competition -- thus losing even ONE is a disaster for the race. This is nonsense. Even if you accept that half of black males have been incarcerated at some point, there still seems to be an abundant stock since black still make up 12% of the national population despite this "shortage" I've been hearing about for 30 years. If it was true, by now the population of blacks would be significantly less.

The only think that's changed over the last 80 years is that black males not longer feel limited to only mating with black women or fear death/imprisonment for dating outside the race. For some reason the fear still seems to exist among black women, else this silly urban legend would die.

----------------

Interracial dating is not BIG. It never has been. But yes, times have changed, and it's no longer necessary for interracial couples to hide their relations as much as in times past.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/27/2010 2:41:48 AM
Some people (in both races) can be testy about it. She sees some of your interests are "white", and your pics show you with white people, and the picture of the child seems mixed, so she assumes you only like white chicks.

If a white dude sees some gal he knows of with a black guy, and also noticed her ex was black -- some of them will assume she only goes for black dudes. I assume it's the same thing for some black women, too. She probably hates the notion like some white guys hate it -- "You're taking my options off the market!" lol
 colt8301
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/27/2010 4:44:53 AM

Well I tried but she blocked me. She sent a message and then blocked me so I could not reply. Here is a copy/paste of what she sent and then the second message that she decided to send...

From:* Erased Profile name as per forum rules+(View Profile)
Subject:Hi Sent Date: 9/26/2010 1225 AM

sad for u cause u r a race mixer i guess u wanted ur children to have pretty hair like their indian what ever floats your boat but that saya alot for u as a blackman oh wait maybe u want to be white

From: *Erased profile name as per forum rules* (View Profile)
Subject: Hi Sent Date: 9/24/2010 658 PM

another brother who like white woman

Obviously the bottom one is the first message and the top one is the second. I guess that she is pretty clear on where she stands.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! I really needed that before facing the world this morning. Keep it moving man.
 RushLuv
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/27/2010 6:51:22 AM

Interracial dating is not BIG

Perhaps I should rephrase what I originally stated. Interracial dating may not be big among couples in other parts of the US, however, it is pretty big out here in Southern California. Plus, I currently live a city where some black men are either dating caucasian women or hispanics. Which is funny to me at the same time, because the city in which I reside in, is known for it's racism and discrimination.

And, of course, that UL is false. I can snag a black man, and keep snagging them.

I thought it was hilarious in A Fish Called Wanda where Jamie Lee Curtis was instantly turned on if John Clease said something in Italian.

Jamie has that Italian fever like I do.
 tinainhouston39
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/27/2010 7:14:52 AM
Is there any explanation for ignorance and judgmental stereotyping??
 ProdigalSon81
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/27/2010 7:36:00 AM
I've had emails and comments in that same vein myself sometimes, not much you can do really other than ignore it and move onward. I'm sure no matter what you said, she was going to believe that regardless, so it's best to just leave it be.
 mr.evil
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/27/2010 8:13:21 AM
Ahh canam, this interracial thing always gets me.

In NYC where I lived most of my life, no one batted an eye at it. It was an accepted fact of life. People like who they like.

Here in Atlanta, it takes place as well, but at time evokes a reaction I never understand.

I've dated all kinds of women, not unlike yourself. I've gotten no reactions, but heard from others, that they thought ____, or someone said ____ . Who cares?

It's her life and mine. When a woman takes the time to write you, because you have pics of you with people of other races, it seems to me, they are just self limiting. But hey, people are who they are.

Just hit the delete button, block em if they keep annoying you and keep on keepin on.
 deerdog1
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/27/2010 9:18:02 AM
there is all kind of racial prejudice in this world ...I know two black guys who date exclusively white women ... one is a close friend .. and though I don't claim to know his heart .. I honestly believe he has no prejudice .. I actually believe that he is genuinely just attracted to white women ... The other black guy that I know also just dates white women but I sense that he is doing it to make a statement if you will ..and I may be wrong ..the first guy has white guy friends the second its only white women ..I have never dated a black woman and as a general rule I don't find them attractive in a dating sort of way ... would I date a black woman ..damn straight .. there are a few that I think are gorgeous..rushluv you fall in that category..I have had sex with a black chick but it was a casual setting ....the opportunity to date a black woman who I was attracted to just never has presented its self ..and sense I'm out of the dating business probably never will..I have noticed that there may be some malice from many black women toward black men who date white women ..and I have only ever known one black woman who I have known to have dated white guys ... yet I have known and dated several white women who have dated or been married to black men in the past ...I know I am not qualified to analyze this ... just presenting my limited observations
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/27/2010 11:02:20 AM
OPie, just a fact of online dating that *some* peeps' trolleys are not too tightly tethered. In my early experience here, a fella I was actually *seeing* (versus emailing) kept getting messages from a broad in OK that he must be gay 'cause he liked jazz. . . . I'm here to testify that he was *not* gay, lol!

Further back in my history when I was with a black guy, I kept getting some pretty horrible vibes (several clearly spoken/delineated) from black ladies to the effect that there were not enough good reliable black men for them to spare one for me -- i.e., I was raiding their pantry and putting them at risk of starvation.

And truth be told it was a fact then, and likely is now, that more black guys are willing to date interracially than white guys are.

As for why *you* were accused? Well, mentioning both Hindus and Shakespeare . . . . *Clearly* you hate black culture, and therefore her, too.

Secret to sanity is, I think, *not* to let loonies of any variety steer your boat, nor make you uncomfortable about your own life choices.

AnotherPinHead
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/27/2010 11:16:12 AM
I dated this very attractive black woman from France back in my 20's. And getting very hostile glares from both whites and blacks - but especially from blacks - just came with the territory. Stunned me initially, but I got used to it. Some of the worst came from that so-called Liberal Bastion I was living in at the time, Cambridge Massachusetts. So while you can partially explain away the OP's email as the Internet-as-Usual, racism is still very much alive in this country, and it does cut both ways.

I remember having a history-based b.s. session one night in the mid 90's and the topic of how far this country has come came up. Somebody mentioned the interning of Japanese-Americans during WWII. Thanks god this could never happen again, according to one of my friends. I thought 'bull', and said so. All it would take is one serious incident, and some charlatan politicians to use it to their advantage, and we'd be right back there. And sadly, I was correct. The Home of the Brave indeed.
 CMonster
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/27/2010 2:55:10 PM

"sad for u cause u r a race mixer i guess u wanted ur children to have pretty hair like their indian what ever floats your boat but that saya alot for u as a blackman oh wait maybe u want to be white"
I guess that she is pretty clear on where she stands.

Pretty clear indeed. Also, underneath it all, it could say what she unfortunately believes to happen when black people don't "race mix." She's going to be quite a trophy on someone's mantle.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > In 2010, can someone explain this to me?