Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 suburban_gal
Msg: 51
I wrote and thanked him for a lovely lunch - he replied and that was the last I heard from him!!!Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

He could have been interested in you at the time and later changed his mind due to various possible reasons. He went out with a another woman that he liked better. He wasn't ready or available for a relationship. He went back to his ex-girlfriend. If you really liked him, you could have called him. Perhaps he didn't call you because he felt that you weren't interested in him.

I agree. This is fairly common for dating in general. Especially with internet dating.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 52
view profile
History
I wrote and thanked him for a lovely lunch - he replied and that was the last I heard from him!!!
Posted: 5/8/2011 5:34:30 PM

Dear OP, I think we all have met someone like the man you met.

....might I recommend the book "He just isn't that into you"

or...........maybe after seeing your AnGeLiC vision on POF, it became apparent upon meeting you in person that you had suffered an almostablonde moment and shaved 10 years and several lbs. off your new profile stats.

Perhaps he didn't call you because he felt that you weren't interested in him.

^^^yup

UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 53
I wrote and thanked him for a lovely lunch - he replied and that was the last I heard from him!!!
Posted: 5/8/2011 6:24:51 PM
^^^You have two weeks from time of registration to change/correct *ahem* your birthdate. Perhaps it's an oversight.

OT

People change their minds all the time. Flakey or not, it's part of life. Shrug and be done with it.
 kayla1963
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/8/2011 8:58:10 PM
Seriously ... Am I the only one who has ended a date where we both say "we must do this again sometime," knowing neither one of us is interested?
 ohenryx
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2011 9:21:48 PM
^^^^ Yep, afraid so. Just life, I guess.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/8/2011 11:40:17 PM
5-11 and 132.... you should have sat on his chest and force fed him pizza and beer all weekend.... I bet he would have called you back ... and with more color to him too .
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/9/2011 5:30:34 AM

Am I the only one who has ended a date where we both say "we must do this again sometime," knowing neither one of us is interested?

Whew...yep...and I couldn't have gotten outta there any quicker.

It's my code for: "if I don't write and ask you out again, the date was nice but, I'm not interested."

And it's her code for: "if I don't reply to your note then I'm not interested."

Let's write Ann Landers and see if she can update the "Book of Ediquette."
 suburban_gal
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/9/2011 7:57:11 AM
Seriously ... Am I the only one who has ended a date where we both say "we must do this again sometime," knowing neither one of us is interested?

There have been instances when I was initially interested in a man at the end of a date. I would tell him to call to me. Then I changed my mind about him later. I would send him a text or email stating that I was no longer interested instead of the "disappearing act".

But I never have told a man to call me when I knew that I wasn't interested at the end of a date. I don't want to potentially lead someone on or give them a sense of false hope. Having said that, I don't think it is rare or uncommon for some people to do what was mentioned in the above quote.
 AquanGold
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/10/2011 4:05:25 AM
Op,
I met a fantastic women on POF last week and we decided to meet on Sunday.
We went to the beach and had a great time,walking the Boardwalk.The date lasted 5 hours.

I thought we had a great time.We kissed,held hands and the vibes were really very good.
I know i felt the chemistry.I believed she did as well.
We even talked about having our second date.All the signals were there.

I called her yesterday to no avail.She texted me back saying " I wasn`t agressive enough for her liking"....
I guess, i should have bedded her down when i had the chance,but, i thought differently being the fact it was our first date and i wanted to show her how much i respected her.
Too be honest with you, thats the way it goes sometimes.
Thats life...
 shimmy2010
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/10/2011 3:33:27 PM

" I wasn`t agressive enough for her liking".... I guess, i should have bedded her down when i had the chance

Well, the trick here is. Were you aggressive enough for YOUR liking? and do you really want a woman that wants you to read her mind?
If you weren't aggressive enough that's on her for not making her needs known, unless you were holding back trying to pace her in which case it's on you for not being true to yourself.

It's all about communication at the end.
 abelian
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/10/2011 3:37:06 PM

Nope. You are not alone.
 Happynesswithay
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/10/2011 4:12:34 PM
You were not number one on his list :O( Keep looking for a guy that has you as number one on his list. That guy is prob waiting to hear back from or be number one on a womans list who is prob way out of his "league". Doesn't want to "settle" for the nice woman that is interested in him and in his "league". Guy like that is not worth your bother. Usually the same type that knows just what to say and do to make a woman feel like shit when he is in a relationship with her. Prob made every girlfriend feel like she was not good enough for him and that she is less desirable then him. These guys have major self esteem issues. They are the bellies, balding and broke type. That make the sexy,smart,sweeties...feel like they are dumb,depressing and desperate. Be happy he did not take you dancing.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/10/2011 4:16:54 PM

or...........maybe after seeing your AnGeLiC vision on POF, it became apparent upon meeting you in person that you had suffered an almostablonde moment and shaved 10 years and several lbs. off your new profile stats.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm coming back 40 Dammmit!!!!!!!!

Omg that's so funny..chev

OP.......1 date, nice lunch.
Do this 7 times a week..
If you don't meet Mr Right you cut your grocery bill...win win.

He moved on and you should do the same.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/10/2011 7:45:54 PM
He moved on and you should do the same.

I would hope so, since the lunch date happened before October of 2010.
 AquanGold
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/11/2011 4:11:28 AM
Were you aggressive enough for YOUR liking?.
Considering it was our first date, i thought the better of it,because i wanted to make an impression.
I felt the chemistry was there and i didn`t want to take advantage. She was very passionate towards me when we kissed.
Between soaking up the rays, walking, stopping on the boardwalk for a few beers, hand holding,kissing and than having dinner while watching the sunset, i thought it was a great romantic date.
When we parted, we both said our "Goodbyes" and i promised to call her the next day.
You`re right, i couldn`t read her mind,but at that point, i didn`t want to cross the line of attempting to place her in a situation she might not have wanted.
I guess, i made the wrong call.
Her choice... Not really worried, nor have i called her again....
 Welsh474
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/11/2011 3:22:40 PM
The sparkly version of "he's just not into you", too funny. The almostangelic version seems to be older, much older and wiser (and heavier). These are folks we just can't seem to avoid, they may change their spots but the old dog remains just the same. As for the almost blonde moments, we all have them - it's just that we don't lie about it all.
Some like to change it up, we can't wear black underwear everyday - change is a good thing as long as it's real.

All of us have had our hopes up a little and then were disappointed. I've learned to treat it all as "it's just coffee, nothing more and nothing less".
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/11/2011 3:28:59 PM
Most of us are too dumb to be blonde, and if we weren't interested we'd just not reply to any correspondence after the date, in which, we weren't interested...hoping to fade away.
 shimmy2010
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/11/2011 10:22:02 PM

Most of us are too dumb to be blonde, and if we weren't interested we'd just not reply to any correspondence after the date, in which, we weren't interested...hoping to fade away.

I don't think it has anything to do with being dumb I think it's rude and cowardly.

AquanGold: I think you behaved like a gentleman
 larissan04
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/20/2011 8:19:24 PM
What went wrong? It's simple! He's probably dating lots of other women, and you were just one of many. The truth is, he wasn't interested in you. I know that may be hard to hear, but it's the truth. Stop worrying about it and realize that he just did you the kindest favor. He didn't lead you on, he didn't keep you dangling by a telephone cord, and he didn't try to just "get some." Nope. He just didnt' call you or contact you again. Now go find someone that is interested in you and stop worrying about this guy. He isn't interested, so you shouldn't be interested either.
 Princess77746
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:01:56 AM
It’s the number-one question women have about dating. Does this scenario sound familiar? You have a great time with Mr. First Date. Not a so-so, marginal, you-can-sort-of-understand-why-it-didn’t work-out time. No, this was clearly fun that was had by all.

He says he’ll call you, but when the phone doesn’t ring, you think, “OK, maybe it’s too soon to hear from him.” One week later without a text, tweet, email, or call, and you wonder what you did wrong. Why did he disappear after the date that apparently only you thought was great?

You imagine dozens of reasons why he didn’t call you back. His phone fell into a pond. He lost his memory in an accident. The telephone company is on strike and no one can get through.
 Princess77746
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:05:55 AM
It’s the number-one question women have about dating. Does this scenario sound familiar? You have a great time with Mr. First Date. Not a so-so, marginal, you-can-sort-of-understand-why-it-didn’t work-out time. No, this was clearly fun that was had by all.

He says he’ll call you, but when the phone doesn’t ring, you think, “OK, maybe it’s too soon to hear from him.” One week later without a text, tweet, email, or call, and you wonder what you did wrong. Why did he disappear after the date that apparently only you thought was great?

You imagine dozens of reasons why he didn’t call you back. His phone fell into a pond. He lost his memory in an accident. The telephone company is on strike and no one can get through.
 larissan04
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:58:46 AM
he is probably dating lots of other women and you weren't the one that he chose when it came down to it. it happens all the time. too many choices, too many options, guys can'tmake up their minds. men are pretty fickle anyway.
 Melodical
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 11:57:30 AM
You never seduced him that's why. You became friends instead of potential lovers. You're a woman all you needed to do was some serious flirting with lots of eye contact and act as if your were an item already then build up the sexual tension relentlessly like a seductress would and then....you would have twenty text messages from him now and any "other girls" would be blown out the water.

Now and then us guys hear from our friends about some amazing woman and when we finally see them we think "Yes is this her? I'm singularily unimpressed" then we are introduced and within a minute we are in love! Why? we were seduced...you know it's happening but you don't care. Become that woman and men will fall at your feet.

s.cutie
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/4/2011 1:37:10 PM
Wooow....This kind of thing happened to me once last year and once this year...At least he didn't cuss you out!!! :D That's happened to me once before, and it wasn't pretty! He pretended that he had intended the message (a text) for somebody else, when I saw that my name was included in it and it became clear that he was talking to someone else about me!! Talk about bad dating behavior!!!

Peace
 92Gguy
Msg: 76
Posted: 9/4/2011 1:59:43 PM
Honesty is the best policy. I'd rather have a gal tell me that she doesn't like me cause I'm ugly or old, or something than just give me the cold shoulder.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >