Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Most Attracted      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheToefactor
Msg: 14
Most AttractedPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Well known obvious fact - no great epiphany there - hence the "probability" of the new feature to encourage the ones that don't into a different mindset - that being losing the bewilderment of "is he or isn't he interested - should I email, or wait"

reminds me of when scientists put rats in a maze.

another over thought redundant feature.
 Arejaydee
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Most Attracted
Posted: 10/27/2010 7:28:42 AM
Since this "Most Attracted" feature is available only to women, I'm curious if the men likewise have another feature that is available only to them, that we women do not know about?
 RushLuv
Msg: 16
Most Attracted
Posted: 10/27/2010 7:40:58 AM
^Doubtful. Someone would have mentioned it by now.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Most Attracted
Posted: 11/26/2010 4:36:35 AM
I am consistently disgusted by sex-discriminatory assumptions in PoF programming, such as the height and income limitations - as well as this, and the now-defunct "bad date" blacklist feature. And I thank the women who "out" them.

ED BEAR
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 18
Most Attracted
Posted: 4/20/2011 7:06:47 AM
Users can view profiles while "hidden", thus never showing up on your "Who Viewed Me" page.

In fact, anybody on the internet who has happened to stumble across PoF is able to view your profile.
 RockinRollMan
Msg: 19
Most Attracted
Posted: 4/20/2011 11:34:38 AM

If my suspicions/speculations are anywhere close, this feature probably looks at the number of times someone has viewed your profile, and once it crosses a certain threshold then it registers a spot on your "Most Attracted" list - hence why forum usage will no doubt skew results. Why is it only on a woman's profile - probaly to encourage them to start emailing more given that men need little provocation to email ...

Well, based on my experience with this site there are far too many road blocks for the male user population and the fact that there is far too much anonymity with profile viewing as well as messaging now, that men are going to start deterring from messaging as much. Why? Well seeing as how you now have to pay to see whether a woman has read your message or just outright deleted it like so many of them do without taking the time to reply, eventually it will get to the point where men, myself included, won't bother with messages and will aim to use chat since it's quicker to communicate.

I think the ability to hide the fact that you have viewed someones profile should be removed, seeing as how everyone can use it and you have no idea whether people you are messaging to establish communication are even reading your profile.
 RockinRollMan
Msg: 20
Most Attracted
Posted: 4/20/2011 8:01:24 PM
It's a pretty****move to shunt people off without so much as even a glance. The fact that you can anonymously view profiles coupled with the fact that people have to pay in order to see whether their messages were actually read or just deleted, is a complete slap in the face, especially towards men. It's rude enough when we take the time to send messages to other people and they get instantly deleted without being read, it's even more rude now that we don't get that function anymore without paying for it, along with the fact that even if they read the message, about 95% of the time the messages that get sent, you never know if the recipient actually read your profile. I have sent plenty of messages to women on this website and have yet to see a response. Why? Because either they are shallow as hell, or they can anonymously view profiles just like men can. They are stupid functions that shouldn't exist, and you shouldn't have to pay for such primitive features either. So much for this being a free dating site, it's become a pay site so much in the last year or so that it's become insulting, next thing you know it we will be forced to pay to send messages.

All of these problems existed before you had to pay for anything, and they still exist now only they are just going to keep getting worse. Get rid of the anonymity of profile views so that people can tell whether the messages they are sending are getting read or not, if they are reading our profiles then it just shows that a lot of women really don't care about meeting someone and are expecting to pick through every pretty boy hoping to find one that isn't a complete****

Oh, and I am sorry if anyone disagrees with my observations. Sometimes I feel like I am wasting my time with such silly features that don't exist even on the full pay membership websites. Either pitch the credits thing to see whether your messages are even getting read or just deleted, or pitch the anonymous viewing of profiles so every person can see whether their profile is being viewed or not.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Most Attracted
Posted: 4/21/2011 5:09:38 PM

When you dont get a reply it could be a few things...
1. They saw the subject and ignored it
2. They opened it, and decided not to reply
3. They opened it, read ur page THEN decided not to reply

ALL of them mean the exact same thing - that woman doesn't want to respond to YOU!

how difficult is that to understand?
 Aquarius239
Msg: 22
Most Attracted
Posted: 5/3/2011 5:25:26 PM
I am wondering the same thing and have the same situation. If you find the answer - I would like to know. :)
 beach_girl84
Msg: 23
Most Attracted
Posted: 6/8/2011 7:01:31 PM
i found this guy's profile on my most attracted list,however he never viewed me or even sent me a message. Is there a feature to hide urself if you viewed someone's profile??
 RegularWoman
Msg: 24
Most Attracted
Posted: 8/20/2011 7:58:08 PM
I would like clarification on the "Most Attracted" feature as well. My list changes several time a day. There is one man who appears on the top of my list for several hours, then is bumped to a lower position, then completely disappears for days at a time. I assumed the list was generated by men who viewed my profile multiple times. This particular man has never showed up on my "Viewed Me" list...but I assumed his mail settings allowed him to view me without my knowledge. What I don't understand is why he appears and disappears from my "Most Attracted" list.
 0stark0
Msg: 25
Most Attracted
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:03:46 PM
Men can view this with a little trickery. After tinkering a bit, I found out how to view this page as a male. What I did was go to edit profile and change my gender to women, log out, log back in, then change it back to male and walla! I was able to see who was stalking my page:) You can bookmark the page so you can view it whenever you'd like. If you keep your gender as a woman after logging in it will show no results because it looks like the code is analyzing based on your gender, so you have to change it back to male after the log in to get it to work, but the "Most Attracted" option will be there until you log out and log back in.
 dryn
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Most Attracted
Posted: 8/31/2012 10:43:49 PM
Does anyone know if men, who have purchase a "premium" profile, get automatically posted to women's "most attracted" list (who are maybe in there area or for whom they fit criteria too)? I want to know if these men are actually showing interest in my profile or if they've purchased a reserved spot in the list
 cac45
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Most Attracted
Posted: 10/28/2012 4:42:06 PM
I heard they have a hot women list to look at.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Most Attracted
Posted: 3/9/2013 2:00:05 AM
The "hottest women" list is not the same as the "most attracted" - it makes no attempt to match people with you, from the little we've learned, but only claims to point to women who get a lot of mail and reply to a lot of it. While these women are probably not having to scrape the bottom of the barrel, at least SOME reply will help encourage the men new to the site and wondering how many months it will take them to get a reply to a message.

The "most attracted" option can be viewed by men - I've tried - but Markus says that it won't work for men. At the very least that indicated he doesn't spend any time TRYING to make it work for men!

If it doesn't work for Forum users, there's a strong likelihood that it involves profile views in some way, as Forum users often get viewed by people reviewing their profiles or reading about them for background to their discussions.

For fun, as we all love puzzling out PoF while we wait for that first reply (I never got one until after receiving a couple of first-contact messages from women who seemed to be doing mass mailings), I have pondered my list from time to time. The names do change a little, but about 60% seem to be constant. Of the 18 profiles featured:

-4 insist on a particular religion, and strong faith (NOT me! LOL!)
-6 are out-of-province
-4 are out-of-country (and only 1 in a border state)
-3 are on Vancouver Island (I'm on the British Columbia Mainland)
-2 insist on dancing addicts (not mentioned in my profile or Forum posts)

(numbers do not add up to 18 as some women make more than one of those counts)

And that's not even counting the ones Up the Valley in Surrey, Langley or whatever. Mind you, I have actually met several users from that region, though it be an hour and an electronic toll away.

I have never communicated with any of the people on that list, heard from any of them, or seen them in Viewed Me (though of course not everyone is visible there). None of the regulars I've yakked with over the years has ever appeared in the list. There is ONE woman, who has been on the list every time I've viewed it, who seems like someone I'd like to get to know - but she lives an hour away and is one of those insisting on a Good Christian Man, which is a game-killer for both of us, I'm sure.

Tradition tells us that one of the best ways to help people start liking each other is to tell each that the other likes them. But is this just low-hanging fruit bobbing near?
ED BEAR
 megirl01
Msg: 29
Most Attracted
Posted: 5/29/2013 11:13:53 AM
Yes they have Hot Chicks :)
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Most Attracted