Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aliveandwell314
Msg: 22
What's your most favourite scientific endeavour?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Shrinking hotdogs down to mini sized so you can eat them with a toothpick at parties
 slimchance2010
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What's your most favourite scientific endeavour?
Posted: 10/17/2010 9:57:35 AM
I find stem cell research to be more than a little interesting. especially now when treatment trials are beginning in the area of spinal cord regeneration.
There are so many possible applications of stem cell research and much reason for optimism.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2010 4:57:14 AM

As for discoveries, we just celebrated Columbus Day. The United States was not colonized because of evolutionary theory. I believe geography is a science as well.

These continents were colonized over 10,000 years before religious zealots invaded it. It was far more civilized before, with science, international trade, and sustainable food systems.

I second the Hubble Telescope. It's mesmerizing to look billions of years into the past and at the vast unknowns in this expanding universe.

Flight...being able to turn humans into creatures of the air. Helped get Hubble up there after all. Dreamed of flying as a kid and got to really do so in hang gliders for a couple of decades.

Most challenging scientific endeavor...How many human monkeys can we fit on this rock before the chit really hits the fan. Can't wait to see how this works out.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2010 8:34:30 AM
RE Msg: 27 by tarotdream:
Why don't my dogs like me?
Watch "It's me or the dog" with Victoria Stilwell. She's excellent. She puts a lot of psychological conditioning into her dog-training, and it really seems to work very well, but with a very realistic POV. You can also find her on her site, which can also put you in touch with dog trainers near you.
http://positively.com/

From what I know of operant conditioning, I actually think her methods would work equally with human children AND human adults. There is even an episode of "The Big Bang Theory", where Sheldon does just that. Maybe it's not PC to state that humans can be psychologically re-conditioned with positive reinforcement. But seeing how many kids in the UK are going off the rails, and their parents don't know what to do, because they cannot hit them anymore, it might be a good solution to anti-social, violent and criminal tendencies in many people.
 FoshFish
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/24/2010 10:50:04 PM
Second only to my butterfly collection: My fairy collection. In grade three Ms. Simplings made us collect fairies, angels, and prometheus-people, anything that had wings and was not a bat, a bird or a bug, and the best collector would get a red star. I still have the box with the glass top and white board, and 36 little faires, prepared in formaldehide and cleaned of their guts, who used to dance on the head of a pin, now not laugh about pins.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >