Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Circumcision...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 windloverr
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Circumcision... Page 15 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

Sorry to disagree, but I'll go with the CDC and the AMA on this one:

Alright, let’s go with the CDC and AMA; and I’ll throw in the American Academy of Pediatrics as a bonus.
Where it all began: In the mid-1800’s circumcision was endorsed to prevent masturbation, which some doctors claimed caused many diseases, including epilepsy, tuberculosis and insanity. The reasoning here was that in institutions insane patients masturbated frequently therefore, frequent masturbation led to insanity. In 1891, P.C. Remondino advocated circumcision to prevent or to cure alcoholism, epilepsy, asthma, hernia, gout, rheumatism, curvature of the spine, and headaches.

85% of the world's males have NOT been circumcised. The practice hit its zenith in this country in the 1960's and 1970's when 90-95% of all males were circumcised. The National rate in 2006 has dropped to 56.1% (National Hospital Discharge Survey) and varies by region with the lowest in the West at 33.8%.

1975 that the American Academy of Pediatrics came out in opposition, arguing that good personal hygiene would offer all the advantages of routine circumcision without the attendant surgical risk. The AAP has not altered in their statement; and repeated this pronouncement as recently as 2005.

http://www.cdc.gov/HIV/resources/factsheets/circumcision.htm...It's out there, it's current and it's about the US.
Ummmmm…no….read it; the majority of all of those studies were from Africa. AND the results have NOTHING to do with cause and effect. Personal habits, and hygiene play a MUCH greater roll than circumcision.

American Medical Association: Report 10 of the council on Scientific Affairs (1999-2000) http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/13585.html The following are excerpts from this report.

Of physicians performing circumcision, 45% use anesthesia, (55% used NO anesthesia! This was 1999 I don’t know what current stats are.)
The British Medical Association has a longstanding recommendation that circumcision should be performed only for medical reasons.
Urinary Tract Infection: …Depending on the model employed, approximately 100 to 200 circumcisions would need to be performed to prevent 1 UTI.
Penile Cancer: Penile cancer is a rare disease in the United States (0.9 to 1 per 100,000). Among uncircumcised men the incidence is estimated to be 2.2/100,000…Nevertheless, because this disease is rare and occurs later in life, the use of circumcision as a preventive practice is not justified..
Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection and Sexually Transmissible Diseases: …behavioral factors are far more important risk factors for acquisition of HIV and other sexually transmissible diseases than circumcision status, and circumcision cannot be responsibly viewed as "protecting" against such infections.
[JAMA. 2008;300(14):1674-1684. Conclusions Pooled analyses of available observational studies of MSM (Men having Sex with Men) revealed insufficient evidence that male circumcision protects against HIV infection or other STIs. (Sexually Transmitted Infections)]

Conslusions:Virtually all current policy statements from specialty societies and medical organizations do not recommend routine neonatal circumcision,
A majority of boys born in the United States still undergo nonritual circumcisions. This occurs in large measure because parental decision-making is based on social or cultural expectations, rather than medical concerns.

verygreeneyes From the CDC….In large studies of infant circumcision in the United States, reported inpatient complication rates range from 0.2% to 2.0% [1, 14, 15]. The most common complications in the United States are minor bleeding and local infection.
It said “MOST COMMON COMPLICATIONS”, it did not say ONLY complications. Common things happen commonly; of course minor bleeding and local infection are going to be “most common”; and they don’t even consider PAIN and INFANT DISTRESS; because these are universal; they happen EVERY TIME.
An excerpt from the most recent study I could find; from the journal Pediatrics: NNT = Number Needed to Treat i.e. how many circumcisions would you need to perform to prevent one occurrence of a particular problem.

NNTs to Prevent Undesired Outcomes
… In the case of UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) in the first year of life, … 100 children need to be circumcised to prevent 1 UTI. For penile cancer, although the association with circumcision status remains controversial,1222-24 conservative estimates (based on life table analyses and assuming circumcision to be 100% effective at preventing penile cancer), suggest a NNT of 909.24,25 Data for the reduction of the risk of human immunodeficiency virus exist, but have been derived from very different populations than US adults and have led to conflicting conclusions.11,26,27 Data from a sexually transmitted disease clinic suggest that circumcision reduces the risk of contracting syphilis,10 although results from a population-based study appear to refute this association.28 Moreover, sexual behavioral practices remain the most important modifiable risk factor for sexually transmitted diseases

Circumcised: 130,475 Complications: 287 (0.22%) HEMORRHAGIC: Intraoperative bleeding 209; Hemorrhage control 12; Suture of artery or vein 9; INJURY: Penile repair 23; Suture penile laceration 29; Wound-penis 3; Reconstruction of penis 1; INFECTION: cellulites 2
Not Circumcised: 223,822 Complications: 33 (0.01%) HEMORRHAGIC: Intraoperative bleeding 30; INJURY: Wound penis 1; INFECTION: cellulites 2

Because circumcision is not a lifesaving procedure,6 and its modest medical benefits may be offset by its complications, its indications are discretionary.
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/105/1/S2/246

The probability of complications are 2,200% more likely with circumcision!!! WHAT THE HE[L IS “WOUND PENIS” and “RECONSTRUCTION OF PENIS”? and these were for a NON-MEDICALY indicated ELECTIVE procedure!

From CIRP

Does infant circumcision have risks?
Circumcision is surgery, and like all surgery it has risks. These include:
o Excessive bleeding
o Injury to the glans
o Infection (raw wound is exposed to feces and urine in diaper)
o Complications from anaesthesia, if used
o Surgical error, including removal of too much skin
o In rare cases, complications can be life-threatening.
The study didn’t even consider the following
Up to 20% of circumcised males will suffer from one or more of the following complications, to some degree:
o Meatal stenosis (narrowing of the urethral opening due to infection and subsequent scarring, that occurs almost exclusively in circumcised boys) [15]
o extensive scarring of the penile shaft
o skin tags and skin bridges
o bleeding of the circumcision scar
o curvature of the penis
o tight, painful erections
o psychological and psychosexual problems [21]
The surface of the glans becomes dry if not protected by the foreskin. It is believed that dryness and abrasion may cause progressive loss of sensation in the glans, especially in later life. Circumcised men on the whole do enjoy sex and are able to orgasm.

If you want numbers and evidence: http://www.cirp.org/ (Home Page)
http://www.cirp.org/library/sex_function/ (Lit. Review)
(YES, this is a near militant anti-circumcision organization; however, they post links to the ACTUAL RESEARCH. You can discount the site; but you can’t discount the data)
Remember oral sex and the uncircumcised penis? This thread is about oral sex, and the uncircumcised penis. I’m for it. :-D
 fra59e
Msg: 245
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/1/2009 11:23:33 PM
It's not just males who are victims of genital mutilation. In parts of Africa it is routine to cut off the clitoris of girls before they reach puberty. It destroys their pleasure and eradicates masturbation, leaving the girls as baby-making machines for the husbands who own them like cattle.

This brutal practice is illegal in Egypt but is so ingrained in the population from thousands of years of tradition that the government has found it impossible to stop it. Circumcision of both boys and girls has been going on in that region since the Age of the Pharoahs.

Alice Walker's book "Possessing the Secret of Joy" is about the destruction of women's pleasure by circumcision. Tragically, men in those cultures flatly refuse to marry women who have escaped having it done to them.

Male circumcision is firmly fixed in Judaic and Islamic cultures, with all the force of religion backing it up. In India, where Hindu and Muslim populations live side by side, a circumcised man is considered unfit to marry by Hindus.

In America, genital mutilation was only applied to males and Federal law now makes female circumcision unlawful. Absurd health claims gave impetus to circumcision, and it was alleged that circumcised boys would masturbate less, so becoming less apt to suffer mental illness. This derives from Moses Maimonides in the Middle Ages and is entirely without evidence to support it.

There is no evidence that circumcised Americans masturbate less than intact males, and neither is there any evidence that masturbation causes insanity, alcoholism, baldness, hairy palms or warts on the hands. The arguments in defense of circumcision as a health measure are mostly just old wives' tales.
 FmrJarhead
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/2/2009 9:23:34 AM
I think it's preference....for me, I prefer NATURAL men. That flesh was put there to protect that area and should STAY there! Of course, that choice is usually made by the parents, which is another reason why I HATE circumcision! If it were for religious reasons, Let the person having the commitment to his religion make the choice later on in his life. I don't think it has meaning to a 2 day old infant!
As for natural ones, you can play rougher with them! They're more fun to play with! Just my opinion.
 Beach_982
Msg: 247
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/11/2009 5:03:42 AM
I know I was born with that piece of skin intact so it must have been there for a reason. Who in God's name came up with the idea of lopping off the end of a male's penis in the first place anyway? Just like the clitoral hood the foreskin is there to protect the sensitive membrane that it covers. Leave it intact and learn how to use soap and water!!

I think most woman would prefer a cut penis.

Read the posts in this thread, I think you'll find you're wrong!
 shipoker58
Msg: 248
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/11/2009 8:12:40 AM
I was married to my second wife, when I had the procedure done. She stated that their was no difference. I felt no difference in sensation either(after I healed).

...JMO
 dman82
Msg: 249
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:56:10 AM
heres a solution...

if you're uncircumsized than chances are your ThE FRIGGEN MAN! and a better lover because of it, so weed through the ignorant woman who are against the caped crusader..the hooded soldier, the uncut warrior.

uncut men in the usa are a minority compared to the cut meaning better lovers are a minority....lol so finding a women whos a better lover will be harder because she will be a minority.....Believe me I know how ridiculous this sounds...

I have been laughing my butt off reading some of these post...

Seriously If a woman would turn a man down based on something he has no control over than that woman is a piece of shit and not worth your time..

And its sickening seeing people say its dirty its not clean...
A. if you havent been with every uncut guy dont base judgement on little fact
B.Theres all these men talking about uncut men its like How do you really know what its like...if u dont have a hood
c.no matter what if your clean than you wont have a problem ya it is a little more maintenance but so what..

Its funny to me that every woman Ive been with afterwards has prefered uncut...so I brought us back to take the lead..

Hooded Soldiers 76
chopped meat 67

WE ARE WINNING!!!!!
 doouglass
Msg: 250
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/13/2009 1:41:45 PM

Seems that "uncut" fella's forget to "skin it back" quite often, and cultivate a major crop of****cheeze...So in my opinion being "cut" is a real asset in good hygene...So ladies, do you prefer your hotdog with or without "cheese", "Gute Appetit"
lmfao! so f'n busted.

Glad I'm in the skinned zone, I think it's less sensitive though because I can last a damn long time.
 fra59e
Msg: 251
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:34:17 PM
In any case, if you argue that hygiene is easier when the penis is denuded, then here's a terrific idea.

We all know that dandruff can be a problem. You won't need to wash your hair if we do some surgery on babies a few days old. Removal of the scalp and its hair follicles will make sure that there is no dandruff. No need to depend on washing it to be clean.
 ASilentHope
Msg: 252
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/13/2009 7:17:03 PM
I am uncut and used to worry about it all the time, and think that I was different for it. Over time I started to become proud of the fact I wasn't circumcised, and now that I see how many girls on here PREFER guys 'au natural' I am happy that I am that way.

I don't agree with circumcision and I won't ever put any of my future kids for it. It's just a foolish and potentially risky procedure.
 newside
Msg: 253
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/13/2009 7:33:56 PM
I don't "judge" a man based on his penis. But of course everyone has a preference, just as we do other physcial characteristics. I just happen to prefer the look and feel or a circumcised man.

However, if I met a great man, this wouldn't be a deal breaker.
 dman82
Msg: 254
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/14/2009 11:58:54 AM
This Topic Exasperates me...

Men with Foreskin Are The Real Men of the world we are the Ones that Make our women Moan and Squirm.....We are in a league of our own......

Ok So Maybe Im just speaking for myself....

Stop hating on the Caped Crusaders people just because you cant have such creative nicknames for your lil cut piece of meat...

I love being stupid........Its Really A great way of showing Humility

ltsmkluv
Msg: 255
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/14/2009 12:00:51 PM
wow wow wow redundant subject !!!!!!!! the forum moderators need to give this Post the chop !!!!!
 Beminetonight
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Circumcision...
Posted: 4/14/2009 12:06:12 PM

It is heartening to see so much anti-circumcision support by men in this thread. If I ever get the chance to test drive one, I'll come back and report.

Speaking as an intact guy, I've been kind of disappointed that the women I've been with have said that they can't feel a difference. But none have objected either!

When we take a shower together, I just have to remind them that there's a little more work to do.
 ilovetoshop
Msg: 257
Circumcision...
Posted: 5/3/2009 5:31:48 PM
i like it when its cut ..its hygiene...
 consa
Msg: 258
Circumcision...
Posted: 2/10/2010 4:10:20 PM
"When we take a shower together, I just have to remind them that there's a little more work to do."

ME. It may be work, but my wife relishes doing it!!

She too does not report a huge difference in pleasure between cut and uncut. But she can feel it roll and unroll. Her favourite foreplay involved using her fingers to play with the tender loose bits on the end of my johnson. Intense for me, easy for her. Heaps and heaps easier than BJ.
 consa
Msg: 259
Circumcision...
Posted: 2/10/2010 4:25:25 PM
whitefether:
"Maybe it is easier for them to masturbate with an uncircumcised penis."

This is very true. And carries over to handjobs.

Circumcision is grounded in the fact that middle class women hated the fact that boys masturbate. Hated having to talk to a boy about cleaning under his foreskin. Hated having to think about and say "foreskin." It's so undignified for a respectable woman to talk about, look at, and think about the most sexual part of a boy's body. The snip did so much to cater to this prudishness.

Boys and men take a daily bath. We now know that the foreskin easily pulls back when it matures. We are not so prudish any more, and every young women can learn everything there is to know about the natural penis from the internet. We are all much more comfortable with condoms than we used to be. So no more need to circumcise, right? Well, that's the conclusion of every western medical assocation, except that the USA directs doctors to humour parents who still want it done, for nonmedical reasons.

The CDC and the AAP, and the American Urology Association are all rethinking the Fate of the American Foreskin. The trouble is, the Powers that Be in USA medicine are unwilling to put in the balance the fact that what circ removes is intensely sexual. Doing so would offend the powerful Jewish middle class. Fortunately, some of the most eloquent intactivists are Jews.

The Powers that Be also have a tendency to overlook that circ only changes the odds; only condoms and a wise sex life offer complete protection. I do not like assuming when a boy is born that he will grow up to be a rake, and to make irreversible decisions about his genitalia based on this worst case assumption. The intact penis is capable of giving and receiving greater pleasure, but has to be used with care. I accept that tradeoff, and invite others to let the American men of the future discover that tradeoff for themselves.

Intact is never forever, but circ is.
 fra59e
Msg: 260
Circumcision...
Posted: 2/13/2010 7:08:12 AM
No doubt this ilovetoshop is going to have all her hair shaved off. It's so much more hygienic to be bald and it prevents dandruff on the scalp. She will save a lot of time washing all that unnecessary hair and she will save money when she no longer needs to buy shampoo.
 want to travel
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Circumcision...
Posted: 2/25/2010 9:38:53 AM
i curse my parents for having me cut, i lost a lot of sensitivity, condoms are a nightmare, i would do anything to be uncut, and have those nerve endings back
 Vagabond1975
Msg: 262
Circumcision...
Posted: 2/25/2010 10:12:49 AM
want to travel 's post says it all actually...
scary thought...
but.. condoms are a nightmare period tho..if you're cut or uncut..

it's funny people defending to be cut, and being proud of it and defending the fact they are, while it never or in most cases was their own choice...
mostly parents' choice...
the people who are cut can't help it, but I don't think it's fair to bash uncut people..

btw.. who saw that old SNL sketch, spoofing a car commercial, saying it was such a smooth ride a rabbi could do circumcision in it while driving.. and ofcourse they did in the commercial..
hilarious...

and yes.. the rabbi didn't get payed.. he only worked for tips..
 no_1_bby
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Circumcision...
Posted: 2/25/2010 11:53:40 AM

i curse my parents for having me cut, i lost a lot of sensitivity, condoms are a nightmare, i would do anything to be uncut, and have those nerve endings back

That's a little extreme dontcha think? Your parents made the decision based on what they knew at that time. I've already had this discussion with my #1... and the overwhelming GUILT... I allowed someone else to make that decision because I wasn't uneducated at that time. Trust me when I say that I'd like to go back and fight a little harder for my child.

It's hard for you to know exactly what you lost since you never had it to begin with. I know several men who've had to be circumcised in their mid 20's... all say they are better off!!

You can have the reconstruction surgery done if it's so important to you.

Just out of curiousity... does this affect how you think and act as a lover? I mean, is this an overwhelming thought when you are naked and being intimate with someone? Does it impact on your performance and enjoyment of sex?
 seagaa
Msg: 265
Circumcision...
Posted: 8/13/2012 9:54:23 PM
lol...funny to hear a lot of guys say it takes a little more 'work' to wash if uncut! Come on people..literally takes a few seconds to was your di*k! That is not any hassle at all..smh...typical of people today lazy as heck...let me guess washing your ***hole is a lot of work too huh?
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 266
Circumcision...
Posted: 8/13/2012 11:48:16 PM
For uncut u just have to learn to do hand jobs & bj's a bit different. For bj's I have found that the corona, the ridge around bottom of the head is so silky smooth in uncircumcised guys. I like the way its skin texture is so soft & more sensitive for the guy because its covered all the time. The circ guys it rubs on underwear all the time & commando rubs on jeans. Until the last few years I had been w 1 uncut guy in.my whole life. Also uncut guys use the foreskin in masturbation so I've learned how to rub it up & down. Once a condoms on u can't tell the difference. I still like the uncut visually better but a few uncut look really good. The skin doesn't go past the head & hang. I'm hungry for some Italian. Or Polish sausage now mmmm

Just about every guy w penile cancer is uncut. And in Africa there are campaigns for men.to get circ to help slow down the spread of HIV which is rampant & they found some evidence this will help. But, we are not in Africa. A guy I'm seeing now is uncut. But he had his son circ & recommended that my daughter to have her son done when he was born. He felt it made a difference in cleanliness. He's. Always fine to me.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 267
Circumcision...
Posted: 8/13/2012 11:56:49 PM
Im not against uncut. Just about all men who get penile cancer are uncut. In Africa they are urging men to get circa to help stop the spread of HIV which is rampant.
 bogan58
Msg: 268
Circumcision...
Posted: 2/10/2013 8:55:40 PM
uncut rules I myself am uncut and never had a complaint yet
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Circumcision...