Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > keywords      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 23
view profile
History
keywordsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^^^^Come on, not fare!Post a picture so I can see if you look your age!

Drinking...Just one of life's evil pleasures :devil
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 24
keywords
Posted: 10/27/2010 3:17:30 PM
OJ was innocent.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 25
keywords
Posted: 10/27/2010 4:09:16 PM

For me it is two words: travel and renovations. I don't mind visiting other places, but I hate all the hassle involved getting there and coming back home. And renovations--been there and done that on a grand scale.

Yup! it is what it is & depending how far along one is, from their past relationships & ones age.

It's like listening to self help books,therapists,advice from friends,sound like Nancy Grace, etc .
Oh well.I understand,been there,done that at one time,but now,
if one could say they are emotional available, it would be a nice start to me to.
It is said there is 10% that are, so hang in there op.
 2fuzy
Msg: 26
keywords
Posted: 10/27/2010 5:24:04 PM
just wondering why "Motorcycle" ranks so hi on this list with the gals

Anything with highway, motorcycles, likes to take off unexpectantly (speaks for itself and can't work out problems one on one...more than likely takes off with no notice every time life gets a little difficult)

as this is the only one with an explanation as to why
Do you all feel the same on this one?
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 27
keywords
Posted: 10/28/2010 2:04:23 AM

just wondering why "Motorcycle" ranks so hi on this list with the gals

Not an organ donor.
My face may not be 21 but I'll keep it just the same.
Men reliving the past or worse .......they LIVE TO RIDE.

You keep it inside on the carpet or it has a room of its own and rub it down..It ain't a Picasso Paco.
There are biker sites..FYI.

Funny meeting men with" virile" action shots..skiing, rock climbing only to meet them limping,broken spines and hips and popping oxy..All due to bike accidents..that JUST happened and they ALMOST died..yet can't wait to get another after the settlement.

Harley fanny packs, bowling shirts and flame anything are not hot..

They think Nicole deserved it.
Rebel flags on anything.
Opens beer bottles with tooth.
3 cars in the yard.one runs.
Keeps 20 pound catfish in aquarium and feeds it Alpo.
 *buzz*
Msg: 28
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 10/28/2010 2:59:02 AM
What strikes the chord with me when reading their profile is the confidence and sunny disposition they exude, happy with their stage in life; also finding humourous side is a plus and their photos confirming active side to their life is definitely a bonus.
Having said that it is not only the words they choose but the way they put them together
 2fuzy
Msg: 29
keywords
Posted: 10/28/2010 11:13:38 AM

Not an organ donor.
My face may not be 21 but I'll keep it just the same.
Men reliving the past or worse .......they LIVE TO RIDE.

You keep it inside on the carpet or it has a room of its own and rub it down..It ain't a Picasso Paco.
There are biker sites..FYI.

Funny meeting men with" virile" action shots..skiing, rock climbing only to meet them limping,broken spines and hips and popping oxy..All due to bike accidents..that JUST happened and they ALMOST died..yet can't wait to get another after the settlement.

Harley fanny packs, bowling shirts and flame anything are not hot..

They think Nicole deserved it.
Rebel flags on anything.
Opens beer bottles with tooth.
3 cars in the yard.one runs.
Keeps 20 pound catfish in aquarium and feeds it Alpo.

kinda going with the stereotypes got it all though I admit stereotypes exist for a reason and I know a few of those folks myself but there are many different types of folks that ride bikes and I would say 75% of them don't fit your description in anyway
I am well aware there are motorcycle/biker sites and will probably be on there later debating the merits of ABS on bikes don't recall seeing any rules prohibiting bikers from this site

as for motorcycles not being a Picasso there not as he never built bikes but as an art form the art folks think so but art is subjective
http://pastexhibitions.guggenheim.org/motorcycle/index.html

sorry if my being curious has struck a nerve as I was just wondering why as to me it seems as silly as not liking folks that drive pickups or what have you
I obviously don't share your opinion that's why I asked as one never learns from talking to those that have the same opinions
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 30
keywords
Posted: 10/28/2010 2:35:49 PM

sorry if my being curious has struck a nerve

You didn't strike a nerve..

I have had bikers stop on the road and change a flat..Grateful to them.
Enjoyed a few rides in my day.
When I thought i couldn't be hurt and learned fast you can.

YOU asked a question..

The last part of my post was to the OP.Not about bikers.

Now more keywords ect.

Do not contact me if....(don't worry)
I am an attractive well built male.....(I'll decide what I think, thank you)

I smoke some still..try living THAT down.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 31
keywords
Posted: 10/28/2010 4:12:02 PM

What strikes the chord with me when reading their profile is the confidence and sunny disposition they exude, happy with their stage in life; also finding humourous side is a plus and their photos confirming active side to their life is definitely a bonus.
Having said that it is not only the words they choose but the way they put them together

You are one of the few that can say that! Why? cuz love is still in your heart & the past is the past & not a life sentence for most in the future!

Thank god for you & those who are still free to live& love without the &$%@&)

IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 32
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 10/29/2010 5:37:24 PM
Well, so far, I'm encouraged. I went through three iterations of my own profile, before I got out MOST of these kinds of trite things. So far so good.
I have plenty of small and large peeves, most of them are the same kind of "gawd, how many times will I have to read that damn phrase?" things. I would make a SEPARATE list for things that I PERSONALLY would see as disqualifying ME from being able to please someone, from the things that are just plain cloying.
This DOES give me an idea for a software solution, though. Wish I could write software.
My peeves:
"Just moved here from_______, getting to know the area." The profile is five or more years old.
"Seeking Partner in Crime." Like I want to join a mob.
I actually LIKE the lists of "don't bother to contact me if" stuff, since it saves me the time and emotional energy of reaching out to someone. Being "pre-rejected" is very efficient, and I like efficiency!
I'm with Petunia as far as letting the OBSERVER decide how young or whatever you look: I didn't like when my Mom would try to "help" me with strangers by telling them how marvelous I really was, back when I was only five years old. Even then, I knew that if you require an outside authority to certify that you are good-looking, or nice, or what ever, then it means that NO ONE WILL CONCLUDE THAT ON THEIR OWN AFTER MEETING YOU.
 frienddougie
Msg: 33
keywords
Posted: 10/29/2010 6:05:15 PM
Being "pre-rejected" is very efficient, and I like efficiency!

Sort of like being shot out of the sky before you even get into the cockpit of your plane?

Even then, I knew that if you require an outside authority to certify that you are good-looking, or nice, or what ever, then it means that NO ONE WILL CONCLUDE THAT ON THEIR OWN AFTER MEETING YOU.

Although most women (say they) prefer a man who loves his mother, Mom's would be the worst for recommendations. As the old adage goes: "A face only a mother could love."
 five-marie
Msg: 34
keywords
Posted: 11/1/2010 8:32:53 PM
Anything referring to religion. Men who say they are looking for an attractive woman. How would I know what they find attractive?
Going on about golddiggers/users/drama queens/etc. Pictures of their dogs posted. (I have issues with men who prefer their dogs over people. Briefly dated a man who carried his dog around like a teddy bear. Kinda creepy.)
No car. Gym enthusiast. Traveller. Water/boat lover.
 daffie
Msg: 35
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 11/2/2010 6:48:59 AM
here's some of my pet peeves...

i look and act younger than my age

separated

any mention of religion

a quiet night in watching dvds

long walks on the beach

ANY negative language

i live with my adult children...
 likemyrock
Msg: 36
keywords
Posted: 11/2/2010 8:26:04 AM

what is it that's written in that profile that immediately tells you that you're not interested?

Kids
Dating
Long term
Actively seeking relationship

Those are the immediate things that tell me we wouldn't match, that it would ultimately lead to arguments, conflict, confrontation, and simple emotional distance if there was actually meetings and dating or hanging out or spending time together.
But more than likely there would never be the first meet or interaction.
They may be interesting to talk to. But I already know a romantic, stable, reciprocating, long term, healthy, bonded relationship would not form. Not because of what they said, but because of what I know about me.
And if that is their stated purpose for being here, talking to them or emailing them would waste my time and possibly annoy them, possibly leading to miscommunication and false leads. Unless they said something in their profile I really really wanted to talk about. Most people don't have that though.

On thinking about keywords I have no real problem with "likes to travel, no games, not a booty call" etc.
The interaction of words they choose to put on their profile stems from their self image they wish to project.
Me having a problem with keywords or cliche phrases people use seems like it would be just as bad as their use.

If I have a "problem" with them, or any real emotional reaction...then I think they are "wrong." And "wrong" always translates to "bad." It may lead to good things, but the connotations and future associations are always negative. Judgment.

Therefore if I have a problem with the way someone writes their profile than I am simply being solipsistic, angry that the profile writer didn't take my desires into consideration when writing their profile.

As though this place is set up for me alone, and everyone else should learn how to write their profile and communicate how I want them to according to my understanding. That they have to follow a pattern in order to be placed on my menu for real consideration of getting what I want.

As though profiles are a contest to win the prize that is the reader.

As though there is a "right" way to express yourself in your own profile about yourself.
It's one thing for the reader to see more than you wanted them to, IMO it's a whole other ball of wax for the reader to judge how wrong it is.

IMO people that participate in profile reviews, or try to come up with ways to help people write their profile are basically transferring their belief onto them.
That being "I am here for something from someone. Here's the best way to do that. To advertise. To generate traffic and consumers of your product. It's not about you expressing how you communicate and how you see yourself, there's a right way for you to do that and be."

I think I've decided not to have peeves when it comes to profiles.
Simply because profiles no matter how worded don't affect my life in any real way, nor keep me from experiencing what I want to, they don't affect my ability to think or decide for myself even if they try to tell me what to see. They neither inhibit me, nor represent me, they are not an extension of me.

A profile is about the person writing it, not the person reading it, although it seems based on a lot of threads and responses about "keyword" and "cliche" control that people reading profiles want to control it and make it about them.

And that seems to be the only real reason someone would have a peeve or problem with the profile of someone else; wanting control over other people, wanting the writer to be more like the reader.

To me the overused or cliche keywords and phrases are simply, or roughly, the equivalent of places I wouldn't go to meet people. Not because the place is bad, but because my own personality and communication isn't geared towards that place or activity. I can understand it, I can see what they get out of it, I just see no reason to go there knowing I will not get the same thing out of it they do.
 jojoaus
Msg: 37
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 11/3/2010 4:08:59 AM
1. A man looking for 'a women'. A total keyword auto-reject
2. Solemate... WTF?? It's plenty of fish but... really???
3. Lists of no-nos. Bloody obvious no-nos!!! 'I don't like game players/gold diggers/high maintenance.... Really??? Soooooooo many guys just live for psycho biotches....

Gahhhhhhhhhhh am in a bad mood I guess... glad I'm not fishing any more
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 38
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 11/3/2010 4:30:04 AM

2. Solemate... WTF??
Yeah, I dismiss people too when they're referring to me as a potential shoe part...
 _Icon_
Msg: 39
keywords
Posted: 11/3/2010 8:21:14 AM
I agree with most of whats been said.

A recent profile I read stated that he was looking for a girl who liked fly-fishing, hunting, camping and Nascar.

Really? Why not just ask another man along?
 frienddougie
Msg: 40
keywords
Posted: 11/9/2010 3:34:49 PM

Why not just ask another man along?

He won't cook the fish.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 41
keywords
Posted: 11/9/2010 5:09:43 PM

A recent profile I read stated that he was looking for a girl who liked fly-fishing, hunting, camping and Nascar.

Really? Why not just ask another man along?

He won't cook the fish.

Actually, the fly-fishing, hunting, and camping sound great. He can find a buddy for nascar.
 fastdogphotog
Msg: 42
view profile
History
keywords
Posted: 4/25/2011 6:35:20 AM
. . . what is it that's written in that profile that immediately tells you that you're not interested?

When a woman lists "shopping" as an interest; especially if it's one of only three to four interests listed. While not averse to shopping, I wonder about people that have elevated it to an "interest".

When a woman lists the gym, going to the gym, or something similar as an interest. I can appreciate fitness and being active, but I've never been able to get into the gym scene myself. So if she is sufficiently into it to list it as an interest, I doubt we would be a good match.

When a woman uses a headline like "make me laugh" or includes something like that in her narrative, especially if it is a requirement. Seriously? Why not just hang out at a comedy club then?

Headlines or references in the profile to "prince" or "princess". I get my fill of that from the media coverage of the British Royal Family. I don't need it in dating.

There are more, but those are the first four that come to mind.

Oh, and like so many others, "just ask"; especially when it is the second sentence in a two sentence narrative.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > keywords