Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > about 'connection' and men's sexual drive      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 70
about 'connection' and men's sexual drivePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
"Only if they are not helping me see things a different way, like I asked.
So far that hasn't happened, after reading each response."

Yes it has happened, but your response is to tell us to go to hell.
You lied about your reasons for this post. You baited a trap trying to snare some non-believers but the only one getting caught is you.

"And what "sexist" view about women have I espoused, "

You insinuated that they have to hold on to the "fantasy" of a connection because they have no other options.

Your plea for uniformity is the rallying cry of despots, dictators, and douche bags. You are a pompous wind bag. You are the one that can not find a connection. With your attitude there is no secret as to why. Anyone who is not just like you, who doesn't believe just like you, who doesn't act just like you, is worthy of damnation. You are a vessel which runneth over with the vilest excrement, intolerance.

In God's name, may you never breed.

Next time you open your Bible, read 1 Corinthians 13:
"If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become a sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long, and is kind; love envies not; love vaunts not itself, is not puffed up, does not behave itself unseemly, seeks not its own, is not provoked, takes not account of evil; rejoices not in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails..."

carolann0308
Msg: 71
view profile
History
about 'connection' and men's sexual drive
Posted: 11/3/2010 10:54:34 AM
So OP, after spewing all the hellfire and damnation have you worked up the nads to talk to that girl yet?
 wolftxusa
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/3/2010 11:11:11 AM
Connecting is easy, just put extension A into crevice B and wiggle back and forth until you have a good fit.

"Be fruitful and multiply."
Trying my best to please the Lord and the lady who participates in my mission from God. And His name comes up a lot, especially towards the end of the service. If God wanted a newborn He'd perform a miracle to let the sperm penetrate the condom and survive the spermicide.

"Love thy neighbor"
Praise the lord I live in a high-rise with lots of neighbors to love.

"Let there be light. (...) And He saw that it was good."
Yep, it sure was...

"And he rested on the seventh day"
As do I. Those missions require a recharge.

His faithful servant,
wolftxusa
 ladyc4
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/3/2010 11:24:04 AM

"the FEAR of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

Indeed it is-but ,son, you have to progress forward from that point.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. If you are a deeply religious Old Testament footwashing Baptist holy roller bible thumper-in some of your posts you alsmost sound like a JW...anyway, you are a tomato trying to get into a fruit salad. You may lose even the beginnings of your wisdom and have to start all over again if you aren't careful.

Seek ye the Christian dating sites, the church singles groups, do faith-based volunteer work, join eHarmony-you will have MUCH better odds of finding both "connection" and sexual drive. Having a hissyfitmeltdown on the forums of a free secular dating website accomplishes nothing.
Sorry the girl got away. Of couse when this other guy gets done exercising his sexual drive on her, you'll regard her as damaged goods and won't be able to "connect" anymore.
Really, either you ARE a troll, OR, you are hopelessly out of your depth in the open class of Adventures in Modern Dating. Find sites and activities more in keeping with your beliefs.
Cindy O
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/3/2010 11:40:19 AM
Wow, I jumped in before without reading the thread!

Didn't Jesus say the meek shall inherit the Earth? Go off and suffer so you can go to heaven.

"Oh lord, if you do really, actually exist... Will you please remove all idiots from the Bible Belted American South, so that rational people with common sense can enjoy the beautiful Magnolias and Sycamores, the excellent bass and mountain trout fishing, the Gulf Coast, the Ozarks, and the Appalacian high country without them around to ruin the fun with their dry counties and self riteous, hypocritical behavior?"

Crap, god doesn't exist, I guess we're out of luck.

jesus was just a Jew living in Roman times with a radical agenda that some people took waaaay too seriously.
Kinda like Rush Limbaugh or Keith Olberman.
Yup, I compared hey-soos to two totally opposite media comentators. Guess I'm going to hell now... Oh wait, hell's too crowded for me, what with 2/3 of the world going there...
 TravelingLight
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/3/2010 1:21:53 PM
The guy is also a troll, it seems.

On his profile it says 'non-religious'..!!
 JP1111
Msg: 76
Posted: 11/3/2010 3:12:36 PM

You hear all the time how women are looking for a connection, and men seem to just think with their..you know

Right off the bat, your theory is flawed. The moment you say “you hear” tells me that this is simply a common thought that's passed around based with no fundamental facts and could simply be based on nothing. So could you develop a theory that's based on nothing factual?

By trying to correlate and include what Jesus said, is simply volunteering again good thoughts and good ideas but again is not based on facts. For instance, if I was to ask you where in the bible it says ["narrow" is the way which leadeth to life? , you probably wouldn;t know since again, it was said by one person, passed on by another and so on and so forth.

Perhaps that is why biblical society was so narrow and regimented?

You are 100% correct here as the important word is “perhaps”. How can you find if it's true or real, or not? Bottom line is that you can't.
 Walts
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/3/2010 5:21:05 PM

I think what you are saying, is that if we had more similar backgrounds among daters, it would be easier to have enduring relationships.

No. Actually what he is saying is that if you don't "follow" like all the rest of the non-thinking sheeple, not only can you not "connect" but you're going to hell in a hand basket. It's a chicken shiat way of "scaring" people,,,,or as "they" say,,,putting the fear of God in ya.
Hell, as far as I can figure, the big bad "diversity" he says is out there could also include the colour of our skin, the type of "belief" we EACH have, how we cook our food,etc.
Can ya see what he is saying,,,,,yet?????? I finally got it, about a minute after my third post last night when the spewing started.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/3/2010 10:46:08 PM
Truth be told? I think what we have here is a nice guy thread written from the viewpoint of a sexed out bornagain Aspie.

tinainhouston39
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/4/2010 7:52:10 AM
While it's true you should find a mate who shares your same values, I'm a little hard pressed to accept your theory that includes a whole group of people within it. I think you need to be careful when making claims that include all men, or most men. I think you lost most of your credibility the second you singled out a "whole" group of people. I'm going to overlook that and address the points you made, and offer you another point of view that hopefully you might consider.

[You hear all the time how women are looking for a connection, and men seem to just think with their..you know.]

Firstly, I noticed you couldn't even type the word of the anatomy to which you speak. If you’re going to try to make a good argument for your point you really need to get over the whole "demure" thing. God made the penis and it's not evil. Like everything else on your body it can be used for evil but then so can your mouth and hands right?...Matthew 5: 27-30 I'm not sure if your assuming all these men are true Christians. Are you judging them equally?? I'm going to assume these men are Christians based on the principle that you are, and shouldn't consider dating the spiritually dead or marry unyoked...2 Corinthians 6: 14-16.

[This diversity of lifestyle/beliefs is the culprit]

That is true. You should find someone who shares the same values as yourself, while understanding that not all people are at the same point as you in their spiritual walk...Romans 14: 1-19

[Didn't Jesus say "narrow" is the way which leadeth to life?]

Romans 3: 27-31 and again in 5: 1-4
Titus 2: 12

[Perhaps that is why biblical society was so narrow and regimented?]

Romans 4: 13-16 again in 4: 7-8
1 Corinthians 6: 12

[Go ahead and delete this post because it has religious overtones, or simply address it if it is incorrect so we can move forward with a better understanding.]

I hope that you will take these things I have said to you as they were intended...through love and acceptance... 2 Timothy 4: 1-2 No sin is greater then the rest, with the exception of the one unforgivable sin. If you were not made for singleness then pray the Lord to send you your husband. Remember God doesn’t work on your timing and the evil one is there to trip you. Hold strong to your faith and try not to get tangled in useless debates. 1 Corinthians 10: 12-13 and 2 Timothy 2: 23-26
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/4/2010 8:34:32 AM

I am wondering if: the connection just seems unattainable to men since society makes it hard for them to find someone with similiar views, outlooks, beliefs and interests, so they default to the next greatest pleasure communicated by a higher libido. Women are able to not lose hope on connection because they don't have the libido to replace the fantasy.

When did it become so wretchedly difficult for men to find women with similar views/outlooks/beliefs and interests as their own? Isn't that the first step in meeting/dating at least to a certain degree? (No need to answer, hypothetical.)

If I'm right, if it's difficult to achieve a connection with diversity of lifestyles/beliefs making people dissimilar, men wouldn't even conceptualize of a connection when he can achieve one through sexual means.

People with diverse backgrounds can still share a plethora of commonalities.

This diversity of lifestyle/beliefs is the culprit.

There is no culprit.

Didn't Jesus say "narrow" is the way which leadeth to life?

I have this urge to type a reallllly bad birth-canal joke here ~ but I digress.

Perhaps taking into account that the Bible is merely a collection of stories written by man and re-written by man many times over, it makes sense the "biblical society" is narrow in thought/written word. That's why some religions have a preferred book. So like-minds can have a universal ideology.

Go ahead and delete this post because it has religious overtones, or simply address it if it is incorrect so we can move forward with a better understanding.

Interesting. You blame diversity for the complications between men and women, yet it's really that you are side-lining that the real issue is religious diversity. Hmmmm.
 eastwood969
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/4/2010 8:53:27 AM
If a woman had any kind of looks at all she would either be contacted religiously by a pay site or she would look for ways to get paid to advertise herself. Men don't just think with their penis. They just like for their penis to not be ignored and as soon as women start realizing that, the men will start acting like they are tired of the sex talk. I thought we were equal but we aren't. The women are offered everything in exchange for nothing and the end result is they get nothing in return. There is no yellow brick road. If there was I would be on my way to the land of oz singing with the munchkins. Good luck with your forum question.
 tinainhouston39
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/4/2010 12:14:13 PM
[If a woman had any kind of looks at all she would either be contacted religiously by a pay site or she would look for ways to get paid to advertise herself. Men don't just think with their penis. They just like for their penis to not be ignored and as soon as women start realizing that, the men will start acting like they are tired of the sex talk. I thought we were equal but we aren't. The women are offered everything in exchange for nothing and the end result is they get nothing in return. There is no yellow brick road. If there was I would be on my way to the land of oz singing with the munchkins. Good luck with your forum question.]

Like women much?? Hahhaha you're either a women hater or jealous...maybe both??
 ladyc4
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/4/2010 2:14:50 PM
Men don't just think with their penis. They just like for their penis to not be ignored and as soon as women start realizing that,

I think most women would be more apt to acknowledge the penis early in the "getting to know each other" process, if it wasn't for the tendency to take acknowledgement as the cue to strive mightily to be the center of attention in a one-man show.

The women are offered everything in exchange

Huh? Sounds to me like a lot of guys using dating sites don't even want to buy the woman a cup of coffee! Free weiner rides aren't exactly "everything",kids. Not promoting gold-digging, simply questioning just where the hell are these men who are supposedly offering women "everything" in exchange for not ignoring his penis.
And what exactly constitutes "not ignored"? A smile and a friendly wave? A curtsey? Are we supposed to put our right hand over our hearts and pledge allegiance? Ending an email to a guy with "give my love to your folks, your dog,your penis..."?
As for connection and men's sexual drive, I wonder is the OP somehow seeking permission to drop all pretense of caring about what's between a womans' ears, and just go ahead and follow what may seem to be a common trend toward paying attention only to what's between her legs?
Ideally, both men and women connect on however many levels they find acceptable AND exercise their sex drive. Apparently our dear OP is having some sort of trouble wrapping his head around that and making it happen(it's NOT always easy!) so he has retreated to the Old Testament where SOME women were honored and respectd but mostly they were just chattel?
Cindy O
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/7/2010 9:55:07 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, OP has left the building.
don't ya just hate it when these college kids make us do their homework for'em?
 abelian
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/8/2010 8:55:43 AM

One guy might be an atheist, one girl might be a believer, they clash...no connection...just sex on his mind...she's looking for connection..

Well, I'm an athiest and I've had no problem making a connection with religious or non-religious women. If I've ever had a problem making a connection for reliious reasons, it was on her end, not mine.

It is what is preventing connection, the thing women are seeking.

Maybe for you, but not for me.

"the FEAR of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

That's like saying fear of the tooth fairy is the beginning of wisdom.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/8/2010 9:02:29 AM

I am wondering if: the connection just seems unattainable to men since society makes it hard for them to find someone with similiar views, outlooks, beliefs and interests, so they default to the next greatest pleasure communicated by a higher libido. Women are able to not lose hope on connection because they don't have the libido to replace the fantasy.

This is not gender related. Some humans will sacrifice a connection, in order to have thier sexual needs met, while others will suffer the yearning for sex and use other means, such as masturbation, until they meet someone they can connect with.

Men are not more libidous than women. Women are still learning that it is OK to yearn for sex, never mind come out and admit it is all....while men have had the liberty for longer, so you just think men have higher libidos...but that is not true. It is an individual thing, really.
 eastwood969
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/8/2010 10:14:06 AM
If I ever had a sexual drive I think I lost it after being on pof zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/8/2017 8:09:20 AM
Women are entitled to feel connections through their genitals too
 Seki1949
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2017 8:18:42 AM

no silly remarks to up someone or look witty. I need intellectual reply

Oh Yeah! You've come to the right place, you betcha!

It was so narrow and regimented because the margin of error for survival was so narrow. We all get to be Such Special Snowflakes because each of us is so rich compared to almost everyone else who has ever lived.
 gtomustang
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/8/2017 10:38:55 AM
"You hear all the time how women are looking for a connection, and men seem to just think with their..you know. I am wondering if: the connection just seems unattainable to men since society makes it hard for them to find someone with similiar views, outlooks, beliefs and interests, so they default to the next greatest pleasure communicated by a higher libido."

>>>reminds me of the old women are from mars, men are from Uranus view about communication. woman comes home to complain about workplace, man offers solution to problem, women complains man is not listening and lacks empathy.

the punchline? man IS empathetic, that's why he's offering the solution to the painful situation! but his version of empathy is not her version of empathy.

I remember at my old job, a woman came in for interview, and she dumped all her problems out--no car, kid always going to the doctor, etc. She was trying to make a connection, but of course the woman interviewing her saw, "unreliable hire". A female friend just called, she's upset with her supervisor b/c "the b1tch" won't acknowledge what a great job my friend is doing there. I tried to nicely suggest, we all have to find job satisfaction in ourselves, not in being recognized for it. the entire world is too busy with its own problems to salve our's.

people like to connect on vastly different levels. Casual sex may be easier for the person who can look at someone else and think "your political views suck, but man, your ass sure is fine." Good pleasurable sex may be enough of a connection, as we see in posters who come here complaining about one aspect of a relationship but everything else is just fine.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > about 'connection' and men's sexual drive