Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tiltowhirl
Msg: 22
should i give him the benefit of the doubt and explain why i cut all ties???Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If you've tossed him to the curb and he's not contacting you anymore, then there's no real reason to explain your side.

Besides, silence says alot.
 I-am-Rei
Msg: 23
should i give him the benefit of the doubt and explain why i cut all ties???
Posted: 11/16/2010 6:50:56 AM
How long ago was that cutting all ties, yesterday, 3 days ago, a week? You changed your number, did you also changed address? Because if not and he wants to contact you he will go to you. But it seems he's not doing that, meaning he didn't need your explanation. JMO.
 Hands of gold
Msg: 24
view profile
History
should i give him the benefit of the doubt and explain why i cut all ties???
Posted: 11/16/2010 10:47:24 AM

You've moved on why look back???????????

She hasn't moved on though, which is why she is discussing it in this forum.

You made the right choice, which I sense you know by your post. The problem you are feeling, as Sowrite has already stated, is that you have left some loose ends and you are not pleased with the way you handled the breakup. So maybe you don't need to give him the benefit of the doubt, but you need to give yourself some closure.

However, it is too late to reopen with him, and hopefully this sharing will be all the catharsis that you need. If not, write a letter expressing your thoughts, put it in an envelope, and put it into a drawer for a week. If you feel, after that time, that you have resolved your feelings, tear it up and move on. If not, send it to him without a return address.

Again, what you are feeling is about you and not him.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >