Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > People who don't post their jobs.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Apollodorus
Msg: 113
People who don't post their jobs.Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
{quote]But we're here on a DATING SITE and we're discussing someone stating their job/career in their DATING PROFILE. We're not talking about a scenario (as you are) where someone is in an already established relationship and tragedy strikes and someone is therefore unable to work. Right? 2 completely different scenarios. Apples and oranges.

actually both scenarios are tied in together

So are you saying, too, that if someone meets someone in a DATING SITE and finds out that person does not/cannot work, they don't have much character if they choose NOT to get involved with someone who is not working/is unable to work?

yes I am ,it shows that they will not be able to handle it when the situation gets really tough in any other aspect of the relationship. a person like that is not good relationship material and I wouldn't want a person that will jump ship if things get tough.
 Apollodorus
Msg: 114
People who don't post their jobs.
Posted: 12/7/2010 8:11:58 PM
^^^^ i think it is very sad that someone would base there entire reason for dating or not dating someone based on what they put in the profession field. The person job is not them or who they are in anyway, you can't judge someone's character, personality etc.

I would rather have someone judge me for who I am and not what I do for a living because my job is not me and it also weeds out the gold diggers too.
 shaggalicious
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/7/2010 8:25:46 PM
You have your picture on here, and now the world might know you work with children. Google plenty of fish forums "work with children" and see how many posts come up.
 shaggalicious
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/7/2010 9:37:23 PM
email tom now, your profile doesn't have house painter, it says you own a tanning business. Hmmmm
 trinity818
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2010 8:18:14 AM

No there is just one reason why someone would want to know what my job is.... which is they are just after money

That has to be one of the most idiotic, close-minded things I've read in these forums.
Emphasis on "just one reason". That's just ridiculous. There have been many other reasons stated in this thread.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/8/2010 8:08:13 PM
"No there is just one reason why someone would want to know what my job is.... which is they are just after money."
-----------
Very often, yes. A rich guy should always smoke out gold diggers by not telling them what he does and see where it leads. Judging by the posts on this forum by the way, I wouldn't touch the women posting here with rubber gloves.

G l.
 Dan99993
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/8/2010 8:22:10 PM
There can be many reasons, but I suppose at some point (early on) it would be a good idea to talk about it. People want to know about you, piece up the puzzle.

It's not an obligation to talk about it in your profile. Not only because you're afraid of gold-diggers..

as long as you don't remain a mystery
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/9/2010 8:56:14 AM

A rich guy should always smoke out gold diggers by not telling them what he does and see where it leads

Yeah, but we're onto that one. Smart women will only respond to profiles without jobs listed because the guy either has a high level top-secret CIA type career or is a multimillionaire in hiding looking for his soulmate on here.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/9/2010 9:22:01 AM
^^^^^^^^^
Or a homeless transient with a lap top, just sayin'....
 RobertKoi
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/9/2010 4:57:45 PM
"Yeah, but we're onto that one. Smart women will only respond to profiles without jobs listed because the guy either has a high level top-secret CIA type career or is a multimillionaire in hiding looking for his soulmate on here."
----------
No. Smart women only respond to profiles where there's at least SOME gurantee that the guy's rich and that he's going to beat her up just for fun and sleep with other women.
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/16/2010 3:56:22 PM
^^^A funny thing happened to me when I was still looking for a date on here. I changed my income to over $100,000. and suddenly I got a bunch of very local men contacting me. The same ones who had looked at my profile before and passed it over several times. So I guess you can extrapolate...
 Apollodorus
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/17/2010 8:35:46 AM

You can extrapolate that ... these men earn six digits or more and were all looking for a woman who can pull her own weight?

No those men were not looking for a women who can pull there own weight there were looking for a bank account with money in it that they can spend. anyone who bases there decision to date someone based on what they put in the profession field is not looking for someone that can pull there own weight.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/17/2010 8:38:02 AM

What's the big deal of not putting "Sales" or "Construction" or whatever?

Because Sales could mean inside sales for $10/hr or (exaggerated but used term) "Account Executive" ie Sales Person making $250k/yr. One could be a manager of a construction site making $80k/yr, or a construction worker making $15/hr. It's too general, and can lead to assumption. And one's profile is being posted pretty much publicly.

The real question is -- what's the big deal of having to know right off the bat before you even talk with them? It's only your business until you're corresponding with them, right, IF you "don't really care", right?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 126
Posted: 12/17/2010 1:25:57 PM

YOU ARE NOT PAYING $213 JUST FOR HIS TIME.
you are paying that for his training, his travel time, his gasoline, his truck, his tools, his yrs of experience and guarantee that the job was done professionally and correct.

Actually, I didn't pay anything: my boyfriend footed the bill--his insistence, he even called the plumber. I refused to pay a plumber to install a new faucet and was going to get my son to help me install one.

But hey, my boyfriend is rich. And know what? It wouldn't matter if he had money or not, it wouldn't matter what his job is--not as long as he is WHO he is.
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 127
Posted: 12/18/2010 4:38:25 PM
You can extrapolate that ... these men earn six digits or more and were all looking for a woman who can pull her own weight?

Well, since we all (they and I) live in one of the wealthiest communities in Los Angeles (I put my correct zip code wrong city for privacy reasons but I come up in their search) simply by my living there I would have to have money. My (low teacher's) income has no bearing on how much money I have in my savings account, the value of my house and my trust fund/future inheritance. So I can more than pull my own weight. They chose me because they care only about money just as many men accuse women of doing. I think it's hilarious. I live in Palos Verdes in case anyone wonders. I don't tell anyone until we've dated a while. My other money has allowed me to teach in the inner city for 22 years and spend huge amounts of money on my classroom/school not to mention the charities I donate to and will leave funds to.
 greenpark1
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/26/2010 6:59:49 PM
It's not a big deal to me if it's not on their profile. But I think a person should be able to mention their job after some email / phone conversations or a few dates.
 letsgocanes11
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/27/2010 4:23:38 AM
Maybe that person has a really high paying job and they want someone to be interested in them and not the size of their paycheck? Justva thought...
 ALMOSTABLONDE
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/27/2010 6:58:49 AM
a job is of more importance in a man's profile than in a woman's...LET'S FACE IT, DO MEN COME TO POF LOOKING FOR FOR AN ACCOUNTANT??? No, they want a hottie

DO WOMEN COME TO POF LOOKING FOR A NEVER EMPLOYED BUM??? no they want a nice guy who is hopefully cute & has a job

And men who read playboy, it;s just for the articles
 kari135
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2010 10:08:04 AM
I know some people who work for the DOC. You really don't want to post either a photo or your specific job if you're the one who's responsible for Junior not getting his parole approved.

But it's usually pretty easy to spot the phony jobs, too - so if you claim you're an architect, don't check the box that says you maybe finished high school. Where I live, being that kind of 'architect' could mean someone built a chicken coop that didn't fall down in the first high wind.

I don't much care about what kind of profession someone puts down. I am curious about whether they liked it, or whether it was a paycheck or a 401K. For myself, at one time or another I've done just about everything that's legal - most jobs I liked, some I didn't. When they weren't fun anymore, I'd quit and get another one, until I had kids. Then it didn't matter what I did as long as it paid the bills and kept them fed and housed and happy.
 rpw74
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/23/2011 8:34:32 PM

A vegetarian probably wouldn't want to date someone who works in an abbatoir or in a laboratory testing stuff on animals?

or an avid hunter whose ideal first date would be to take his date out in the woods "so we can kill us a deer"
 rpw74
Msg: 133
Posted: 1/23/2011 8:39:47 PM

Maybe that person has a really high paying job and they want someone to be interested in them and not the size of their paycheck? Justva thought...

They should put down Burger King or Paper Boy then. That way, if they meet someone like really click with, it can be like a bonus to the non-materialistic woman when he finally reveals he's QB for the Dallas Cowboys

She'll feel as special as Jessica Simpson then
 majyk1
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/24/2011 5:30:51 AM
I've found that It really doesn't matter what you put in!
This is why:
I have encountered SEVERAL men (I use the term loosely) that state that they are employed... and even what kind of 'job' they have. Only to find out upon actual conversation........shyt........ they are not only unemployed, but have absolutely NO way of taking care of their business unless it's illegal. And that is NOT cool.
So as long as I am employed (retired... wealthy...or whatever) and can take care of my own,
He is employed (retired... wealthy...or whatever) and can take care of HIS own... and none of it is illegal.....Then who really cares!
 safebetinvegas
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2011 11:35:09 AM
LOL

How about "Outlaw" ?!?

Saw that one listed as "profession" recently, asked about it and then got a "change-the-subject" message back. Since their profile indicated a coastal city I joked about them being a "dealer/supplier" with no denial in return...hmmmm.

Whether it be a hoax profile, game player or otherwise, it's your choice what to do make out of it. Graceful exit is best.

Some people will never cease to amaze...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > People who don't post their jobs.