Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Can you BE thankful for who/what you've got? 10days to Tday, 40 to X      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NeilMendeza
Msg: 151
Can you BE thankful for who/what you've got? 10days to Tday, 40 to Xmas..Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Please look up oxfam unwrapped. Its pretty easy to live on the streets in canada and america. I want to build a cabin and live off grid one day. 90% of cancer is curable if caught in stage one. Detection and prevention. Stop eating meat.
 NeilMendeza
Msg: 152
Can you BE thankful for who/what you've got? 10days to Tday, 40 to Xmas..
Posted: 11/29/2014 1:16:13 AM
Googles working on a pill and there are already cell phones apps that detect cancer. Biology should be open source
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 153
Posted: 11/29/2014 2:50:36 AM
I, too, am tremendously sorry for your loss. :((

I'm satisfied to know, though, that he lived _his_ life to the fullest. He did gain the respect and friendship of people around him, I'm certain at his work and personal life. People spend their life trying to steal immediate gratification of feigned respect and worthless respect out of their fear of being alone or to satisfy their morbidly obese egos. It's also life that we don't get what we want and it's also life in which we don't want the things that others want. His life wasn't unfulfilled just because he didn't enjoy intimacy, because of circumstances or because of a lack of desire, none of which I'm privy to know.sometimes we leave this planet not learning all we could know, or least we think that way -- but it's life.

And yes, the one thing he had which from what I read in your article that I wish others on this dating site should find, is self respect and love. Congratulations to him on a full life well lived.
 Dan198508
Msg: 154
Posted: 11/29/2014 5:39:33 AM

While you're entitled to your opinion Dan,THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^is WAAAAYYYYYYY off base in this particular situation...

Life appears in places where conditions arise to sustain it. If death occurs, it means the conditions were not favorable. No need to praise the sick and hate the healthy. Both had a chance at this life. Love them both equally, but don't praise either of them. It is an abomination.
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 155
Posted: 11/29/2014 7:45:24 AM
Thanks for all the words and thoughts.

I did not share this story for sympathy.....however, but to prove a point that life is what we make it.
We are not all dealt the same cards but some people just make it hard to be "loved"....others make it easy!!

Congratulations to him on a full life well lived

You and a few others ....got it!!
 Dee4166
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 1:35:48 PM

No need to praise the sick and hate the healthy. Both had a chance at this life. Love them both equally, but don't praise either of them. It is an abomination.

Okay then "Mr. Spock"....

Sorry, Life, in itself is NOT sufficient to "praise", unless it was well-lived...There are MANY lives that I haven't "praised" as they don't deserve it...

In my comment, I neither "praised" anyone nor said that I "hate the healthy". you are interpreting my comments and not actually reading them...

I am sad, because a young Life was cut short...and I expressed my sympathy and empathized because it put me in mind of a friend of mine, Sean...

That's what we humans do, Dan, we sympathize with our own kind when they have experienced a loss....
You know, you may have a high IQ but your EQ is sorely lacking, sad to say....
 Dan198508
Msg: 157
Posted: 11/29/2014 8:06:57 PM
That's what we humans do, Dan, we sympathize with our own kind when they have experienced a loss....
You know, you may have a high IQ but your EQ is sorely lacking, sad to say....

I meant no offense. I do understand empathy, but that doesn't mean I agree with it because I think it does more bad than good. Look:

A house is on fire, Alex and Mike are inside. Mike is trapped. Alex saves himself, lets Mike burn.

If you want to carracterize Alex's life based on that case alone, would you use the words "well" and "deserving", without using the word coward? You see, empathy is the feeling that makes you hate Alex in this case. You hate Alex because he did not risk his life for a chance to save Mike's life because you feel empathy for Mike and Mike's family. So your empathy is hurting Alex in two ways:

1) Alex might have been influenced by social bias and actually risked his life (and died) for fear of being called a coward.
2) If Alex chose not to risk his life, he is treated as a coward and is marginalized, thus, hurt.

So is empathy about pleasing people or hurting people? If you empathize for the poor and the handicapped, you will inevitably hate the rich and healthy because they do nothing to help. How is empathy towards the poor and the handicapped helping the rich and healthy? You are hurting them. So it is nothing but a transfer. You are not enriching the common well being, you're just laying judgement.

Tell me, if the Earth is wiped out from the solar system, and nothing is left between Mars and Venus but stardust, in the dark, who is left to judge? What becomes of right and wrong? What becomes of empathy? What's all this non-sense? It just comes from your brain and it's as disorganized and chaotic as the Universe itself. No order whatsoever.

So what are we achieving? We are the result of the Universe trying to understand itself, and how are we understanding it? With empathy? Is that the answer we are all seeking to why we are here?
 naysaying_knicktwist
Msg: 158
Posted: 11/29/2014 10:26:26 PM
SuperSoulSon
Am I the only one who thinks of Chandler when I read the title of this topic ?

Haha - Could you BE any more thankful?
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 159
Posted: 11/30/2014 11:39:35 AM

I meant no offense. I do understand empathy, but that doesn't mean I agree with it because I think it does more bad than good. Look:

A house is on fire, Alex and Mike are inside. Mike is trapped. Alex saves himself, lets Mike burn.

If you want to carracterize Alex's life based on that case alone, would you use the words "well" and "deserving", without using the word coward? You see, empathy is the feeling that makes you hate Alex in this case. You hate Alex because he did not risk his life for a chance to save Mike's life because you feel empathy for Mike and Mike's family. So your empathy is hurting Alex in two ways:

1) Alex might have been influenced by social bias and actually risked his life (and died) for fear of being called a coward.
2) If Alex chose not to risk his life, he is treated as a coward and is marginalized, thus, hurt.

So is empathy about pleasing people or hurting people? If you empathize for the poor and the handicapped, you will inevitably hate the rich and healthy because they do nothing to help. How is empathy towards the poor and the handicapped helping the rich and healthy? You are hurting them. So it is nothing but a transfer. You are not enriching the common well being, you're just laying judgement.

Tell me, if the Earth is wiped out from the solar system, and nothing is left between Mars and Venus but stardust, in the dark, who is left to judge? What becomes of right and wrong? What becomes of empathy? What's all this non-sense? It just comes from your brain and it's as disorganized and chaotic as the Universe itself. No order whatsoever.

So what are we achieving? We are the result of the Universe trying to understand itself, and how are we understanding it? With empathy? Is that the answer we are all seeking to why we are here?

ah..in Myers Briggs... you are a T not an F aren't you? I am betting you are an off the charts T. You use logic and scientific and quantifiable information to give you results, with people being completely outside of your perceived results.

Let me give you an example where I find issue with your very black and white view

There is a district that is EXTREMELY into scientifically proving the goals for the teachers. The goals are they want 100% of their students to be able to pass the state testing. I know a teacher whose students are in the top of the STATE in high levels of testing. Her students keep in touch with her for years; many of them achieving extremely vital high level careers. She has one of the lowest failure levels in the state for those who don't pass testing.

Does she get rewarded for the fact she has all but 5% pass? No. She gets NO appreciation, no value for her hard work. She gets penalized because it is not perfect. They do not care what the home life of the students who fail is (there is abuse, trauma, drug use in the home ) and ALL of these factors HAVE to be included in what is considered a reasonable expectation. You would call that empathy and say that it does not matter what these kids' situations are; it does not matter how in turmoil their brains are and how much chaos is in some of their homes.

What matters is that they fail. And that failure is on her.

So teachers in her district? Are becoming depressed, they are starting to have difficulty becoming inspirational to students when they feel like lab rats in some kind of scientific experiment that is not possible to succeed in.

The lack of empathy, the hard stats at the expense of the human value (students are PEOPLE with lives, situations, environmental and physiological issues that HAVE to be taken into account), discourages teachers and actually makes it more difficult for them to do an amazing job in a difficult profession.

And when you utterly disregard the characteristics that make up the psychology of a person? As worthless data? You are actually ignoring a huge amount of a situation that leads to the result.

Empathy is taking into account the personal factor that HAS to be taken into account. It is not a false anything. It is an appreciation of the good; it can be the understanding of the bad; it is trying to understand someone else's view of the world and everything in it.

Because in the end, aren't we all people with a diverse and distinctively different view of the world? And is our world not enriched having other perspectives and windows into the world around us; rather than us living our entire lives with our myopic single view of everything around us?

And if the universe is wiped out and no one is left to judge; at least before it went everyone down here had the chance to view that universe with other eyes than their own; and connect with another human being. And that is not possible to do without empathy.

With respect.
 Dan198508
Msg: 160
Posted: 11/30/2014 1:52:51 PM
Sister, if a woman gets a divorce, and, a week later comes to you and tells you she had the best sex ever with a new man! Would you empathize and love her?

I tell you what you'll do, you'll tell her:

"The ink on your divorce hasn't dried yet and you come tell me you're enjoying yourself with someone else? You've been cheating on him all along!! Slut!"

Why? because you empathize with the "poor" man instead! It's a double standard. If empathy is about feeling what someone else feels and connecting with him, why not hug her also?! And appreciate her, since, you too have had great sex and can relate to it?!

But naturally, in empathy, you don't relate to good moments you've had you relate to bad moments, and you are attracted to suffering and not joy. So how is that doing a service to humanity? You're bringing down people who are joyful because someone else might be in pain.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 161
Posted: 11/30/2014 2:39:47 PM

Sister, if a woman gets a divorce, and, a week later comes to you and tells you she had the best sex ever with a new man! Would you empathize and love her?

I tell you what you'll do, you'll tell her:

"The ink on your divorce hasn't dried yet and you come tell me you're enjoying yourself with someone else? You've been cheating on him all along!! Slut!"

Why? because you empathize with the "poor" man instead! It's a double standard. If empathy is about feeling what someone else feels and connecting with him, why not hug her also?! And appreciate her, since, you too have had great sex and can relate to it?!

But naturally, in empathy, you don't relate to good moments you've had you relate to bad moments, and you are attracted to suffering and not joy. So how is that doing a service to humanity? You're bringing down people who are joyful because someone else might be in pain.

ok, now I see what is going on. You have a different understanding of the word "empathy". to you the word means blind acceptance and approval.

To me? Empathy means seeking to understand, even if you agree to disagree. When I ran the divorced group I sometimes had both halves of a divorce come to me and I heard both sides. And both sides I sought to understand. Empathized with both; and sought to be fair and just lissten. Because in a bitter divorce; the only winner is the ones who don't go to war. BOTH sides.

If someone comes to me and admits to cheating on someone? I can try and empathize with their thoughts, but I will not condone; because to me cheating is not condoneable.

Empathy is there... approval is lacking.

See the distinction?
 Dan198508
Msg: 162
Posted: 11/30/2014 4:25:32 PM
That's my point: you cannot approve of something without judging. Which brings me back to my other argument, what is right and wrong, what defines it?

Do you know that Nelson Mandela went to jail and was thought to be the country's biggest terrorist? An then, was awarded the Nobel prize for peace? If in 1945, you set a bomb and killed Germans, France and USA called you a Patriot, but Germany called you a terrorist.

Right and wrong are notions made up by a group of people and is only true to those people, during a certain period of time, in a certain place. When, for Truth to be true, so many factors have to converge, it's not Truth it's fkall.

And when they die, their "truth" dies with them. Truth doesn't die. 2 + 2 = 4 today, tomorrow, in a billion years, and if you ask a Hindu, or a criminal, or a rapist, or a hero, or a tyran, or a Muslim, he tells you 4 also! That's truth!

Why do you think that your judgement is sound? Because your parents told you so? Because the TV told you so? Because you read it in a book? Because Dr. Phil told you? Who told you, with absolute certainty, that their judgement is Truth? Only God's judgement is Truth, and God doesn't exist or he died long ago.
 Dee4166
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2014 6:37:00 AM
The "Ultimate Truth" here is that people die in an untimely manner....Good, people, young people....
And yes, part of being human is understanding that what MAY be "valued" today may NOT be, tomorrow...but I believe that MBL's point is that there is no "approval" needed here, in this particular situation....

Part of the "Truth" also is, that there are MANY good people that die too soon, and being a part of the Universe's effort to "understand itself" is experiencing the reality of being a HUMAN BEING who has emotions as well as logic and intellect,...We are more than the sum of what we think....

Would you deny the Universe the chance to understand itself on an emotional and spiritual level as a part of the brevity of human existence, in favour of an exclusively rational approach?

As a scientist, you have to explore ALL aspects of existence...some of which, admittedly, ARE subjective, but NO less important....in understanding the "Big Picture"....
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2014 7:05:13 AM
Empathy is not sympathy. Empathy is just the ability to feel what another person is feeling. It doesn't have values and such attached to it.

Dan, your haircut and sandwich examples are your perception (interpretation). You may have very well interpreted differently what the intentions were. Your perception is based on many of your own experiences and internal thoughts.

You've stated interesting things to think about, but yes, your thinking seems to be based on a lot of logic and personal beliefs (born from multitudes of things) and not so much spiritual or psychological things, IMO, and certainly not detached from your own "hang ups" or "button's pushed" (not detached from your experiences)

"We are not human on a spiritual journey, we are spirits on a human journey".

Beliefs influence your thoughts, too. You believe that life ending has something to do with environment/health, etc. I believe life ends when you are done. I also believe you have 'escape routes' throughout life when you can go, and choose not to, because you aren't done. Yes, your body will only live so many years and yes not taking care of it may shorten it, but if you cared to subscribe to the belief that some people are mean to learn to hold it out "for the long haul" and some people are meant to overcome giving up as part of their lessons, that could be explained (or, I'd say rationalized, because I'm not sure I 'buy' into that theory so much, but, I'm know also that it clashes with my belief/value of personal responsibility/accountability ... just because it causes dissonance in my thinking doesn't mean it couldn't be true, and indeed, validated by examples).

There's a quote that says something like "the more you know, the more you know you don't know" or something like that. I find that to be true, especially as you age, which, you haven't yet, but you will, and then you will understand :)

I get your theories on some of the empathy points and they were great explanations to your thinking/theory beliefs, but totally don't get where having empathy or helping those that are sick or handicap makes you hate those who are not if they don't help. That falls into the judgment category and I certainly don't think that the judgment has to do with money, but rather people. In my eyes, it is the "not in my backyard" syndrome and most would help if it was ('in their backyard).

Perception and beliefs.

We can interpret anything the way we want, based on where we are "coming from". Hardly anyone will interpret things exactly the same and some quite differently based on all of their 'self' (perceptions, belief, prior experiences/learning, spirituality, unresolved issues, etc. etc. and on and on). Here's a good example:

http://jfmaho.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/11-things-you-may-not-want-to-know-about-winnie-the-pooh/
 Supersoulson
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/1/2014 7:18:39 AM

SuperSoulSon
Am I the only one who thinks of Chandler when I read the title of this topic ?

Haha - Could you BE any more thankful?

HAHA could you BE the only one who watched Friends ?
 naysaying_knicktwist
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/1/2014 7:47:23 AM
^^^When I read your first post, this scene came to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRettnX23U
 Supersoulson
Msg: 167
Posted: 12/1/2014 7:59:09 AM
LOL ^^^^^ Yeah, good one !
Sometimes that show had some pretty golden moments !

.... could we BE any more off topic ?

I'm thankful for all the laughs that show provided, so neener neener.
 Dan198508
Msg: 168
Posted: 12/1/2014 8:19:44 AM

The "Ultimate Truth" here is that people die in an untimely manner....Good, people, young people....
And yes, part of being human is understanding that what MAY be "valued" today may NOT be, tomorrow...but I believe that MBL's point is that there is no "approval" needed here, in this particular situation....

Part of the "Truth" also is, that there are MANY good people that die too soon, and being a part of the Universe's effort to "understand itself" is experiencing the reality of being a HUMAN BEING who has emotions as well as logic and intellect,...We are more than the sum of what we think....

Would you deny the Universe the chance to understand itself on an emotional and spiritual level as a part of the brevity of human existence, in favour of an exclusively rational approach?

As a scientist, you have to explore ALL aspects of existence...some of which, admittedly, ARE subjective, but NO less important....in understanding the "Big Picture"....

My reply to this is that everyone dies in an untimely manner. Do you know a single person on Earth that has been told by his family "Ok, now is the right time for you to die." LOL.

There are many good people that die too soon, yes, Einstein died too soon, I would have loved to see the outcome of his struggle with finding the truth, Nelson Mandela died too soon, and if he had lived 150 years I would have said the same thing. Because the more we live, the more wisdom and knowledge we acquire and when we die we lose it all.

There is nothing wrong with letting the Universe understand itself on an emotional level, all I'm saying is all this is time dependent and you could spend the same amount of time understanding things that are deeper, more profound and more intense, I speak of pleasure, I speak of the center of the brain rather than the extremes (emotions). Sensation is different from emotion. No emotion in the world will ever come close to a true sensation of pleasure.

With science and aspects of existence, scientists try to put existence in a box. Say, existence starts here and ends here. This can be seen in their attempts of finding the infinitly small and the infinitly big. They try to find the smallest particle to say, "we are made of this and nothing else" and they try to find the boundaries of the universe. And they find none.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2014 9:06:45 AM
^^^^

Baloney. You are science illiterate

I'm in the sciences. I don't know any scientists who put anything in a 'box'. It is the antithesis of science to claim limits, boundaries. That is left to religion. Religion speaks of beginnings, ends, truth. Science is a process...not and end. Science presents evidence, replication through testing of hypothesis...this increases 'knowledge'. There is no end game in the science.
 Dan198508
Msg: 170
Posted: 12/1/2014 9:16:21 AM
^ Science is about measurement. For a measurement to take place, a measurable quantity should be present. Can science measure infinity? Infinity is a catastrophe in the science community. It's only accepted in math and in Brian Greene's string theory. And Brian Greene's string theory is considered to be "religion" in the scientific community because it talks of infinities and it talks about things that can't be measured, like multi-verses.

What you speak of is mental boundaries or spiritual boundaries because you have not understood what I said. I was talking about physical boundaries. Also, you're not in science, you're in engineering. Engineering is different from science which is in part why you know fkall about it. I have a bachelor in chemistry so I am more into science than you sir. So, speaking of religion, I have to stand by Matthew 13:13 which says:

"Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand."

And neither do you sir.
 activemelaney
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2014 10:22:25 AM
Dan, did you by chance go to Bible college?

It was drummed into my brain from Chemistry 101 and six years of science labs that Science is a methodology. It is not, as Sciencetreker rightly points out, about sticking anything in an absolute box.

Change the ingredients in the soup and it tastes differently. Only religious whackos claim to know all the ingredients.

You might want to open the window and look out into the world beyond Christian Academy. You'll discover if you ever take a Science 101 course that there never was a Noah's Ark or parting of the Red Sea. Leprechauns and devils do not exist regardless of what is written in your Bible.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/1/2014 11:55:04 AM
Stuffing a stocking will definitely have a whole new meaning this year! I hope...
 Dan198508
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/1/2014 12:09:22 PM

Dan, did you by chance go to Bible college?

It was drummed into my brain from Chemistry 101 and six years of science labs that Science is a methodology. It is not, as Sciencetreker rightly points out, about sticking anything in an absolute box.

Change the ingredients in the soup and it tastes differently. Only religious whackos claim to know all the ingredients.

You might want to open the window and look out into the world beyond Christian Academy. You'll discover if you ever take a Science 101 course that there never was a Noah's Ark or parting of the Red Sea. Leprechauns and devils do not exist regardless of what is written in your Bible.

I am an atheist.

I am a chemist, that counts as a scientist, you do not teach me scientific methodology, I teach it to you. What can you tell me about it? Do you know about establishing operational definitions and procedures, validating a measurement system, using Design of Experiment (DOE) methodology, using fractional factorial design? Do you know the terminilogy? Comparison, randomisation, replication, blocking? Can you explain them on the top of your head?
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/1/2014 12:31:06 PM

I am an atheist.

I am a chemist, that counts as a scientist, you do not teach me scientific methodology, I teach it to you. What can you tell me about it? Do you know about establishing operational definitions and procedures, validating a measurement system, using Design of Experiment (DOE) methodology, using fractional factorial design? Do you know the terminilogy? Comparison, randomisation, replication, blocking? Can you explain them on the top of your head?

interesting... an atheist who quotes scripture. Can't say Ii have stumbled on that before.

I THINK maybe the issue? Is you are trying to strip to quantifiable scientific methodology factors that are NOT all quantifiable.

You talk about right and wrong. There is context there. Is it western? middle eastern? Christian? Arab? Agnostic? Capitalist? Communist?

What is the background belief system of a person. What guided the factors in their life that made up their rationalization, their decision-making, what molded their belief system and comfort zone.

You want that all to be biological and chemical elements, but in human behavior, it can't be. There is neurology. There is psychology. There is learned responses to traumatic events. There is sometimes almost a brainwashing... you can't exclude those factors as unimportant. Many times human ailments are pspychologically based. And if a medical doctor is ONLY looking for a scientific reasoning or a biological reasoning for the illness and completely disregards the life situation, stresses and conditions of the patient, they may full well miss entirely the entire cause of the breakdown.

So while I don't think people are faulting your using scientific to HELP quantify something; at least I am saying you are doing a disservice to FULLY exclude the environmental and human factors that also are incorporated into the findings. They can sometimes be equally important.

And a person's life (again to me) IS important; because they are the only individual on earth with exactly their combination of biological, spiritual and emotional components.

And while you say sensualism is good and emotions are bad? I say both are amazing. I live in Minnesota in the winter so it can get ridiculously cold. But when spring hits; it is like you ahve died and gone to heaven. It is AMAZING.

Being able to not only feel warm oil or warm sun on your face while a cool breeze hites you, but have the emotional resonance to ENJOY that sensual experience... to have not only the auditory appreciation of a song but to have the emotional connection to it; it makes you feel passion, it makes you feel sadness, it makes you feel love, it makes ou remember a time associated with that song that bring those memories and emotions back.

Sensual experience is amazing; and I am extremely tuned into mine; but I know personally, sensory with emotional is how I feel fully alive.

Letting onesself feel as well as be able to taste, touch, and intellectually understand? Is what makes us human and what separates us from the rest of the species.

Why not cellebrate our humanity and allow ourselves to connect iwth another individual's own humanity; and try and look at the world from their eyes for a moment.

Ii am trying to do it from your point of view now; hopefully you will return the favor and try and see it from mine.

That'ss how we broaden as people, and become more than an accidental blip in a chaotic universe.
 Dan198508
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/1/2014 12:55:32 PM

interesting... an atheist who quotes scripture. Can't say Ii have stumbled on that before.

Sister is challenging me saying that, I am an atheist and I know my Bible, how? Sister, imagine you are writing an exam for 4 hours and at the end, the teacher takes your copy and writes an F on it saying "I don't believe you can pass". Would you get mad or not? He did not bother reading what you wrote down, and he fails you. How?

How can an atheist be a true atheist if he/she never read and understood the Bible? How can you not believe in something you never read? Based on what? Word of mouth? Social bias? :)

I THINK maybe the issue? Is you are trying to strip to quantifiable scientific methodology factors that are NOT all quantifiable.

I think it's perfectly quantifiable, every dopamine molecule coming out of an axon terminal contributes to a feeling of well being so you can count them also! 1,2,3,4...10^8 molecules. Very easy in theory, in practice, we don't have the technology yet.

You want that all to be biological and chemical elements, but in human behavior, it can't be. There is neurology. There is psychology. There is learned responses to traumatic events. There is sometimes almost a brainwashing... you can't exclude those factors as unimportant. Many times human ailments are pspychologically based. And if a medical doctor is ONLY looking for a scientific reasoning or a biological reasoning for the illness and completely disregards the life situation, stresses and conditions of the patient, they may full well miss entirely the entire cause of the breakdown. [...]

I never claimed the brain was simple, it is the most complex machine on Earth. Never claimed such a thing. Behavior is another chemical reaction/interaction between neurons, much more complex.

And while you say sensualism is good and emotions are bad? I say both are amazing. I live in Minnesota in the winter so it can get ridiculously cold. But when spring hits; it is like you ahve died and gone to heaven. It is AMAZING.

Being able to not only feel warm oil or warm sun on your face while a cool breeze hites you, but have the emotional resonance to ENJOY that sensual experience... to have not only the auditory appreciation of a song but to have the emotional connection to it; it makes you feel passion, it makes you feel sadness, it makes you feel love, it makes ou remember a time associated with that song that bring those memories and emotions back.

You are confusing emotions with sensations. I challenge you to produce proof that during those good moments, your dopamine isn't rising, so that your feeling of well being is solely attribuable to amygdala activity.

Letting onesself feel as well as be able to taste, touch,

You are talking about sensations. Taste is a sensation, when the taste is good, dopamine is increased.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Can you BE thankful for who/what you've got? 10days to Tday, 40 to Xmas..