Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > Wonderfreakingful great quote      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 godlessguitarist
Msg: 26
Wonderfreakingful great quotePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ahh, i'm wondering why the so called sensitive belle lettres or bookish women do not even second glance the polite bookstore gent who reads for hours lonely in his fascination and enlightenment, or even bother to talk to the slightly overweight burrito eating comic store guy who may be opinionated but genteel and formal,or are they seemingly just too bovine or aloof because they were conditioned not to stare at women cause of early intimidation by jocks. Or is it these women are too busy pulling up their vehicle to the nearest penitentiary and loading the so called brutes into the backseat, At a cafe they adorn the most foppish dandy with eyes of saphire who doesn't want your mind, or your praise or anything you value. Their writings have underlying wishes to be whisked away by a greek statue or mauled by a construction worker, and then lament when one becomes posessive and beats you. If you think men are of all one nature,then i can't imagine you have anymore enlightenment then your diploma , either that or you don't bother to talk to men out of your comfort zone.
How harmlfull can another book lover be, or is it then they might know more. You females pick em , i've seen it over and over. Is it the wounded puppy thing?, but you can't handle your own type on any level, but rather sit like spiders and wait for real nut jobs.
my quote is simple, You can't alway find what you're looking for, you might end with no one at all'
 PragmaticDoc
Msg: 27
Wonderfreakingful great quote
Posted: 8/26/2011 9:07:00 AM
Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
John Adams

Now that is really a surprise coming from him. Makes you wonder if he thought that we he sacrificed so much for our "democracy"
 foffeefifo
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/26/2011 9:51:21 AM
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
— André Gide

look, i'm no marilyn monroe sex goddess, heck, even in my youth i never was.... never had the perfect body, was too darn opinionated in an era where girls were brought up to be seen and not heard...even in my best year, which i calculate was age 19, i was 20 pounds over weight, lovely skin, hair, smile and pretty darn smart cookie..... rarely did i date... but when i did, i was pretty non-denominational about it, you could be purple, shy, odd, off the beam, i'd sit and at least talk to anyone for an hour to see how it went, what made them tick, no handicap nor oddish behavior was off limits....heck, one sad kid i befriended with asperger's syndrome (very odd duck) is now a multimillionaire churning out cover art for books, cd covers and graphic ads....

i doubt all women are of the ilk described above by guitar grinder.... no.... alot of beautiful people aren't going to look at us more rotund and too many people are out there looking for only shallow outer attributes that they consider worthy of their time and effort....heck, good looking jock/frat guys never looked at me.... so what? I was comfortable in my zone, in being me AND ABOUT ACCEPTING REALITY.... no, chunky monkey's aren't going to be magnets to the opposite sex, it's all about attraction or what is deemed "attractive" by our shallow society.... not all young women are shallow, but a good deal are. Though i never personally went for "bad boys" , there are some women attracted to them. Some women will like only very smart men, some women will only date good looking blondes, some women only want a great studly body, some women only like men with money or the potential to make alot of money, it's so personal, what each person finds attractive in another is deeply deeply personal..... so stop whining about how no one is noticing the quiet bookish guy in the corner who was mannerly enough not to be ogling body parts..... be comfortable where you are, WHO you are and realize your attraction quotient is below par. That's the reality, no matter how unfair and stupid it is. I went out and made a wide wide assortment of friends with other people deemed not so attractive at first glance, I took the initiative, I made the first move, if someone wasn't interested, so what? What did i lose? Nothing. I had no emotional stake in a perfect stranger, thing was, I was out there trying.

Honestly? The Way We Were was so insipid....i could tell you from the getgo of that tear jerker that Katie and Hubbell were NEVER going to make it....she was obsessed with being who he wanted her to be, with changing herself to fit what he wanted....he was a quasi noble jerk who gave the shiksa a chance, a second look, thought he could overlook her insecurity and love her for her "mind".... HAH!!!!!!!!!! What a crock...and that thing is considered a romance? women swoon over that movie!!!! give me a break.

I was told repeatedly, all the time, how i could make myself more "attractive".... makeup, nail polish, higher heels, show more boob.....what? THAT wasn't me!! Heck, I didn't have to iron my hair like Katie to fit in, but I didn't like the constant upkeep, never saw a guy slaving over his nails every two days, never saw a guy putting on false eyelashes.... never saw a guy strapping on the spikes, living under constant fear your ankle would turn and you'd kill yourself just so you had a longer line, a more shapely turn of the calf.....not to mention the pain of it all. Why can't people just be comfortable with who they actually are? Sorry, Oprah lost points in my admiration book for wearing those god awful shoes she constantly complained about. She did alot of good, one of the most powerful women on the planet, but she is a SLAVE to the idea of what looks beautiful... This most powerful woman would walk around all day long slipper-shod but going to the TV set, put on the 4 inch heels one second before she went on...heck, she HAS to look fashionable...who says??? she HAS to look glamorous.... who says? she has to fit the cookie cutter image of a successful woman...who says, heck, if i had all her money, i'd wear a comfortable shoe and think "you don't like it? well, you don't have 30 billion dollars either, so kiss my fat black ass" Women of America???? I say re-claim your aching feet!!!! Kiss the bunions goodbye, let the stock price of Dr. Scholl's plummet, wear a comfortable sensible shoe and stop being enslaved by fashion and what other people say is more attractive....i think a woman that can walk without tottering, tiptoeing and trittzleing is alot more attractive than a woman who suffers for beauty. I hear that phrase all the time, don't you? What we do to ouselves to squeeze into that narrowly defined ultra zone of "attractiveness".... we pluck, we wriggle into, we will bake to achieve a healthy "glow", we smear more chemicals on our faces than Dow can manufacture, we starve, we spend way too much money on looking more "attractive", wearing the "right" thing, the "hot" thing that will sit in the back of our closet one short year from now, we waste time and good money on trying to manufacture a ME that doesn't really exist. I DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!! Then the guy marries you...and has to live with the real you who doesn't wake up in the morning with smokey eyes, who is shlepping to the bathroom or the kitchen in old fuzzies, not stilettos...oh, did i hear you say she stopped trying to be attractive cause she got what she wanted? Heck, after 15 years of being who i really wasn't, id be exhausted too and want a respite!!! Oh, did i hear you say "she has to keep the flames alive, spice it up, done that corset, paint her body parts if she wants to keep him interested and her sex life lively." oh, um, gee, call me really stupid, but if he can only be interested in someone he vowed to love honor and cherish coated in Maybelline, Revlon and Rimmel then I say Why The Heck Can't you Just be YOU without all the fussing and trimmings and hoo-ha la-di-dah extraordinary measures??? Aye-yup.... let me be just me, and go ahead, dislike me for it.... i'd rather be me than loved for a shallow made up version of me that lured someone in for all the wrong reasons.
 foffeefifo
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/26/2011 9:59:27 AM
pragmatic doc..... nope. don't care to twist my mind into a pretzel to find the politcally correct way to give an opinon or even waste my time trying to change someone.... nope. not me.

whassup with "Praise his good points and use every device to encourage him, perhaps by talking about one's own faults without touching on his, but so that they will occur to him."......

lol.... look, a person is going to change when they want to, and not a moment sooner. so if they are so darn annoying to you, stay away! until they do finally learn that wiping their nose on their sleeve is kinda gross, that spitting is barbaric, heck, so what if it's annoying to me? my buggaboo...he likes it, he thinks it's ok....fine...let him go on in life with snot on his sleeve and his gooey spittle covering the sidewalks. I shall ease out of his range for awhile...come back and see if a hankerchief, kleenex has made an appearance. Quote to be lived by: LIVE and LET LIVE!!!!!!!
 foffeefifo
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:12:09 AM
Pragmatic... i think you left out the most important sentance of the quote above, the last line of it is:

"Individuals have conquered themselves. Nations and large bodies of men, never. "

now..... i'm outta here, hurricane is a-coming and i'll be without power for probably a week.
 godlessguitarist
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/26/2011 7:45:53 PM
so stop whining about how no one is noticing the quiet bookish guy in the corner who was mannerly enough not to be ogling body parts..... be comfortable where you are, WHO you are and realize your attraction quotient is below par.............

What makes you think i'm referring to you or me,i'm mentioning a repeated observation to a general audience. Did i direct anything at you, this one's on the house, so it isn't all about you(too BAD )and who are you to say my attraction quotient is below par.lol, i don't think it's great but not below, that's just ****in rude.

IT'S just good to know FORUM PEOPLE are alive and breathing,
Considering the amount of words you had to express your reply. i'm assuming if you fell in a well you would rationalize your demise for days until you died.

I respond to the air of the thread not the poster.
 foffeefifo
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/1/2011 1:11:30 AM
"This being human is a guest house. Every morning a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and attend them all: Even if they're a crowd of sorrows, who violently sweep your house empty of it's furniture, still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out for some new delight." - rumi

i apologize you took it all so personally. truly do apologize...
Perhaps it's wise to avoid those things that elicit the worse in oneself.
 RandomScause
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:01:04 PM
"Nothing strictly speaking is." -- Paul Spenser.

(Do I have to say why I like this?)
 RandomScause
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:13:30 PM
"Individuals have conquered themselves. Nations and large bodies of men, never. "

Well, with all due respect, a particular man and a particular society are different enough from each other so that we ought not to get so surprised if they act differently in some aspects.

It's like "you can sit on a chair, but you can't sit on a mittwocher's glory pass'd."

It's like "I have an apple. You have an orange. Let's say they are the same."

I looked through some of the so-called great quotes in this thread, and between you and me, most of them are infantile, and the rest, moronic.

That is only my o'pinion, though.

Like the death of democratic societies. True, most democratic societies went extinct which were started before 123 A.D. But I ask you, how many despotic, tyrannical, communistical, Nazi, or cast-system societies can you count that have been in existence non-stop for longer than 64,000 years?

I mean, it's true that all democracies die, but please don't build a philosophy on it.

If you do, you make the error of insinuating that ONLY democracies die.

"All things put together fall apart sooner or later."

Even that's not true, but okay, it's closer to the truth.

The trouble with truisms is that either they are banal, or they are not true.

This above line, actually, is hard to prove banal or untrue.
 PragmaticDoc
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:59:35 PM
The biggest problem with any type of government whether its a democracy or a Facist state is the people running it. For anything of them to last more than 300 years would be nothing short of amazing. We as a whole have a horrible habit of screwing the pooch when it comes to making decisions about the "greater good".

The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.
Charles Bukowski

How did it happen? How did our national government grow from a servant with sharply limited powers into a master with virtually unlimited power? In part, we were swindled. There are occasions when we have elevated men and political parties to power that promised to restore limited government and then proceeded, after their election, to expand the activities of government. But let us be honest with ourselves. Broken promises are not the major causes of our trouble. Kept promises are. All too often we have put men in office who have suggested spending a little more on this, a little more on that, who have proposed a new welfare program, who have thought of another variety of 'security.' We have taken the bait, preferring to put off to another day the recapture of freedom and the restoration of our constitutional system. We have gone the way of many a democratic society that has lost its freedom by persuading itself that if 'the people' rule, all is well.
Barry Goldwater

And my personal favorite quote by my favorite historical person

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
Thomas Jefferson
 professorjjd
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/4/2011 7:20:26 PM
Sometimes a majority vote simply means that all the fools are on the same side! By: ME!
 RandomScause
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/5/2011 11:11:34 AM
Barry Goldwater may have been right. But it's also true that society, life, and the system is getting more and more complex. With more players, with more stakes, with more competition for some of the resources.

One aspect of government is to decide who can take how much of limited resources, and under what conditions.

No governement can ever satisfy all the interest groups by giving as much resource to all groups as they groups demand want or need.

The more juggling of resources is needed, the bigger the government must be that can do that royally.

A harmful effect of the legal system is that most law-makers are some sort of lawyers. This has helped the hidden agenda of lawyers to keep themselves in high demand. From expensive government-to-government law suits, to even as little as the tax return filing of individuals. Now everyone must get their taxes by a professional, coz it's so complicated. Forty years ago I did my own tax return in five minutes. Now I do it in three hours. For now we have such beauties as a certain figure must be multiplied by 25.03 percent. This I resent, to have to multiply an at least four-leading significant digits figure by another four-digit figure. I don't think that the .0003 of the amount in question has been calculated and deemed necessary to create the needed tax revenue. Instead, I am convinced that the simple division by four has been replaced by a need for a headache of a calculation due to lawyers not liking paralegals doing the lawyers' work, so they took them away by legistlation, and to keep the hungry mouths of the ex-paralegals fed, (not as in federal reserve) the tax law was changed so that no normal human being can do his return in five minutes any more, and certainly not without headaches and fits of anger.

So... since there are more players, more ways to play the game of "society", more interest factions, and not necessary lessened resources, but definitely segmented resource needs, the government's activity has increased much more in the last 30-40 in expensive allocation of itself due to a growing complexity in society than due to increased welfare expenses (of any kind, not just doling money out to poor people -- such as the tax filing laws that give welfare income to tax preparers) and on warfare expenses (of any kind, not just shooting Arabs and Muslims in the Middle East.)
 RandomScause
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/5/2011 11:14:22 AM
"Sometimes a majority vote simply means that all the fools are on the same side! By: ME!"

I agree, fully, and this is the sort of thing that ought to bring in a dictatorship. But the truth is dictatorships are usually achieved by military coup d'etat, and to satisfy greedy general's daydreams.

Interesting exception was the rise of Nazism in Germany. There the dictator and his party was elected running on a platform of dictatorship and genocide by an overwhelming majority, in an election during which the strictest democratic process was ensured and observed.
 professorjjd
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:30:36 PM
Sooner or later, the snake eats its own tail! This "democracy" WILL collapse, not by force, but by economics! Sooner or later, we will not be able to borrow more money, and the usa has stopped producing.. We are no longer a self generating society, but a society of consumers, comsuming, NOT producing! Collapse is inevitable!
 RandomScause
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/5/2011 6:00:24 PM
"""Sooner or later, the snake eats its own tail! This "democracy" WILL collapse, not by force, but by economics! Sooner or later, we will not be able to borrow more money, and the usa has stopped producing.. We are no longer a self generating society, but a society of consumers, comsuming, NOT producing! Collapse is inevitable!"""

WE can talk about that incessantly, or we can get up off our touches and do something about it, nay? Why do we keep sitting on our assets and shoot the breeze how bad we are as a nation, except first person singular and second person, ad infinitum, and not do something about it --- let's get up and DO, and let's not keep sitting and TALK.

I think it's a mistake for us to keep sitting and talking. There is a season for everything, there is a reason for getting up finally, we, tired, diabetic nation of old, and we must do something about it b4 its 2 l8.
 PragmaticDoc
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/7/2011 6:58:33 AM
"Only after we have lost everything can we be free to do anything." Tyler Durden

It is already to late, by the time people get up off their collective lazy behinds and stop electing politicians. AND starting doing for themselves. We will already be on the freefall towards the breakdown of society as we know it. I say let it happen. For generation after generation people have been living in a fantasy world. Let reality finally hit everyone square in the face. Then maybe, just maybe we can rebuild something better. I know very few people that actually live in reality.

"Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten." Thomas Jefferson
 RandomScause
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/7/2011 10:49:04 AM
Wonderful, P-Doc.

Tyler Durden -- was he a forerunner of Karl Marx, or an after-burn of Karl Marx? I don't know TD's philosophy, but KM said, "Proletars, you have nothing to lose but your chains, and everything to gain!" KM was lying, of course. TD is not lying. BD said, "When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose", which supports TD's claim, and it would be nice to know when TD lived. Then again, you know why KM was wrong? Becasue KM (Keith Moon) said, "meet the new bosss... same as the old boss..." which was also true for communism. Not that the new boss was exploiting the proletars, the workers. But he was the same in one important aspect for the workers: the new communist and worker-friendly boss told the workers to work, and how, and what not to do during work, and the boss who was the chained dog of the capitalist fat-pig who owned the factory, said to the workers to work, and how, and what not to do during work.

From the worker's point of view, the source of the issue for commands was hidden behind the symbolic blue mountains in the metaphorical yonder, and the workers were short sighted enough to not see the motivation behind the boss saying, "work, or else," and the different motivation behind the boss saying, "work, or else." By the time the message got to the worker, it was reduced to, basically, "work, or else". Either way.

So...

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten. Hm.

Lessons learned in blood are soon forgotten, too.

All lessons are eventually forgotten. Lessons of history. In grade seven in my Hungarian history class, in that communist country, we learned and had to memorize the "arrogant attitude of the ruling classes that choked all honest uprizings in blood", and to whom we had to attribute the arrogant attitude "Nothing forgotten, nothing learned." This somehow meant that the rulers will never learn from past mistakes, past uprisings, but they will always remember that the peasants and workers were liable to rising up.

This was a part of our history.

So whether lessons are learned and forgotten, and lessons are remembered but not learned (understood), are, from a pragmatic point of view, completely equivalent to each other. Meaning, that the response of the body of men or individuals, who remember but don't learn, or who could learn but don't remember, is always the same, no matter which direction they are approaching the learning objectives from.

Is it possible for a true-blue all-American boy to admit or more, to realize and come to the insight, that a stupid, lowly, backward and retarded communist history lesson in East Europe, forty-fifty years ago, taught the same thing to the oppressed little kids, as Thomas Jefferson was advocating in America?

I need to see a show of hands.
 PragmaticDoc
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/7/2011 12:05:08 PM
I would easily believe that you were taught the same thing.

Tyler Durden is a character from a novel by Chuck Palahniuk. It was turned into a movie, but as always the book is far greater and more detailed than a movie could ever hope to be. Here are a few of my favorite Tyler Durden Quotes;

"are you so impressed by authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you are supposed to read? Do you think everything you are supposed to think? Buy, what you have been told to buy?"

"Things you own end up owning you. "

"We are the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war and our great depression is our lives. "

"You have to know, not fear, but know that one day you are going to die. Until then you are useless ."

"If you do not claim your Humanity you will become a statistic."
 RandomScause
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/7/2011 3:26:23 PM
Nice quotes, doc.

"Do you read everything you are supposed to read?" I was haunted with this "supposed to" thing in most of my youth, form about 9 all the way up to 39. I had a long, care-laden (not care-free), immature youth, that resembled a long, hard, troublesome continuous bowel movement more than anything else. By 45 I learned the uselessness of shoulds, and I agree with Durden, that every one of us is useless until we die. This is something I can fully and enthusiastically support as a social and existential theory.

I had lost my voucher to my humanity a long time ago... you know, I can't claim it now, so I stay that bitter, elongated, depressed youth. But what I can't claim, I will never miss. It may not be the biggest thing to be a statistic, but as things go, it's not the worst, either. It's a thing, and frankly, these days nobody gives a statistic about these things.

Stalin said, "Killing ten men is murder. Killing ten million men is a statistic." That's the other side of communism.
 professorjjd
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/8/2011 1:48:48 AM
I am fully a believer in existentialism! As far as I know, the only thing I can be sure of is my own consciousness, thats it! I've never felt sympathy for other human beings for some reason. I'm generous, but ONLY to animals! You are right, we are pretty useless as a species. I wonder what the end result of mankind will actually be? Will we make ourselves obsolete with the advent of truly advanced technology? I wonder... The only thing I believe i'm "supposed" to do is be true to my own self! To enjoy the little moments while they are there to enjoy! A good roller coaster ride, great coffee, ice cream, a cheap call girl! The little pleasure are all there is to live for as far as I'm concerned! Thats the ONLY point of being here that I've figured out!
 PragmaticDoc
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/8/2011 5:11:46 AM
"You have to know, not fear, but know that one day you are going to die. Until then you are useless ."

I think you guys are misinterepting what he is saying. He was not saying people are useless, Tyler said that until you realize and truly know that your time on the this rock is finite. Then and only then can you set out on your path. The procrastination stops, all those obstacles seem smaller, your place and goals seem clearer and easier to accomplish. Your will and drive become a tool not a distraction.

"On a long enough timeline everyone’s survival rate drops to zero. You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap" Tyler Durden
 RandomScause
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/8/2011 7:31:21 AM
Tyler said that until you realize and truly know that your time on the this rock is finite.

I am not sure if Tyler said that. That's arguable from how he said it, and it's your interpretation against mine. You may be misunderstanding him, because his words gave two equally acceptable meanings.

And how do you know he was right if you take his interpretation? Is a person's life really useless, before he realizes that he will die and will his life gain usefulness really only after he realizes he will die?

this is purely not sustainable a proposition. The other way of interpreting has some value in it, at least some, and that is humour, the fact that it was funny. Your way of interpretation has no value in it whatsoever. i say that because the statement is unsustainable for lack of evidence of any kind. No value.

That's A. B. is, if a statement is completely and unassailably ambiguous, please don't assume that others must believe that your interpretation is superior.

If the writer himself wanted to make sure that mine or your interpretation is right, he would have put it that way. he is a writer, remember? A man of words? He knows when he is ambiguous. He, as a writer does it for a reason.
 RandomScause
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/8/2011 7:45:57 AM
++++" Then and only then can you set out on your path. The procrastination stops, all those obstacles seem smaller, your place and goals seem clearer and easier to accomplish. Your will and drive become a tool not a distraction."++++

I understand you offered this as a supportive evidence that life is useless before one realizes he will eventually die, and his life will become useful when knows finally that he will die.

I was on a path of some sort before I knew I was going to die, and on a path after I learned. There is no difference here.

The procrastination stops? No. I still procrastinate. No procrastination stopped only because I was aware I will die.

Obstacles seem smaller? Again, no. Obstacles seem as big as they are. Once you look at them.

My will and drive will become a tool and not an a distraction? This is so wrong on so many levels of philosophical and pragmatic considerations, that I can't even begin to tell you. Especially if you view it in light of "before" and "after" the realization that you would die.

-----

This is what I meant to say when I said supportive evidence is completely missing to substantiate that your interpretation on the usefulness of life starts at the moment of realizing you will die, as defined by the author.

Yes, substantiation was given, but the substantiation was false. Not one item in the substantiation was true, and some of it did not even make sense.

-----

What philosophers know is that Eastern philosophers say aphorisms, and leave it to the student to work out why they are true. Western philosophers substantiate their statements or postulates with facts, and then bring the facts together to show that their postulates are necessarily true. No need to think by the reader.

This produces large tomes of dry reading material by Western philosophers, and light, insightful-sounding, wise-sounding poetic utterances by Eastern philosophers.

A student of Western philosophy will strive to refute the facts' validity or the logic in a treatise; that's what he learns to do in philosophy school. A student of Eastern philosophy will strive to prove, mainly by mental examples and by imagining mood-like states, the validity of aphorisms and quizzical statements of his or her master.

Your writer, Tyler, seems to be a man who subsrcribes to the Eastern type schools of philosophy. I am a western type. You prefer to be an Eastern type student of philosophy, I prefer to be a Western type.
 professorjjd
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/8/2011 4:39:47 PM
Actually, tyler durden is NOT a writer, but a figment of edward nortons imagination in "fight club".. "Only when you lose everything, are you free to do anything"! Much better quote from tyler durden here..Good philosophy
 PragmaticDoc
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/8/2011 6:13:43 PM
Actually Tyler Durden is a character in a BOOK that was turned into a movie 3 years later. And he was not a figment of Ed Norton imagination he was one of his personalities. Jack, the character Ed norton played, had mulitple personality disorder. If you have only watched the movie and never read the book then you have truly missed out on one of the most orginal books you will ever read.

And Random I don't pretend that the way I interpt something and what it means and how it motivates me has any involvement with anything or anyone but me. To breakdown what I said and try to analyze it as to how it would regard to yours or anyone else's life does not is a fruitless endeavor similiar to changing a light bulb in a house with no electricity. I spoke only on how those things effect my personal enlightment. I live in no one else's head so i make no assumptions as to what something means to them.
Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > Wonderfreakingful great quote