Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bristol Palin, Advocate to Prevent Teen Pregnancy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 120
Bristol Palin, Advocate to Prevent Teen PregnancyPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Fergie the tramp speaking out

Who's Fergie???

Other celebrities affiliated (past and present) with The Candie’s Foundation include: Hayden Panettiere, Beyoncé, Ciara, Jenny McCarthy, Vanessa Minnillo, Ashley Tisdale, Hilary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, Usher, Rachel Bilson, and Teddy Geiger
http://blogs.forbes.com/elisadoucette/2011/04/06/bristol-palins-compensation-seven-times-candies-foundation-donations-to-charities/

And while all these other celebrities are listed as affiliated with Candi's...in 2009 which is the only tax year that's available for the Candi Foundation...Bristol Palin is the ONLY paid celebrity in 2009.

There is also info from the Candi Foundation about the effectiveness of the PSA's...comparing Bristol Palin to Jenny McCarthy...both, in theory, spokes persons for Candi's....oddly enough, while there are very few percentage points seperating the apparent appeal of both (typical margines of error)...Candi's comes up with an statement saying Bristol is more effective in reaching youth....most odd...one could see such statements as Candi's creating justification for paying Bristol Palin 13 times more then they donate to meaningful programs to prevent pregnancy.

And frankly, neither me nor my children have ever seen any PSA's from Candi's nor Bristol Palin...not that I'm the mainstream for such stuff...but, I wonder if anyone here ever saw one Bristol PSA before this thread????Did anyone know that Bristol was a spokes advocating prevention of teen pregnancy before this thread???All I ever remember seeing, with much disinterest, was the network coverage of the baby daddy momma drama.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 121
Bristol Palin, Advocate to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
Posted: 7/29/2011 9:28:04 AM
The difference between what Bristol did and what other celebrities did, is that Bristol got paid. The others volunteered.

Clearly this organization was used to funnel money to the Palins. When they can call on real celebrities - you know, people with talent - to do volunteer work, they don't need to pay a teenager without any talent $10,000 a day to get their message out.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2011 9:33:38 AM
Then why, HTD, did DWTS call on her? SO they could embarrass the sh*t out of her?

Only one Palin is getting paid here. Not Sarah, she's doing just fine. ANd as I said, the others volunteered, but I'll bet you it's saving them more in those precious tax dollars than Palin makes, and she'll pay (or already paid) taxes on that money. And weather most of those other celebrities have any talent or not is debatable. But people know 'em, that's for sure. Same thing with Palin.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/29/2011 9:48:29 AM
Why did Dancing with the Stars use her? Have you ever seen the show? It's a television show. They take C and D listers who are desperate for a little attention. Some of them were stars 20 years ago, but the name is pretty much ironic. It's the ultimate media whore refuge.

I can't make head nor tails of your second paragraph. It's just word salad.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/25/2015 9:17:18 PM
Hey, you do remember that chick who makes ~$250K a year publishing an abstinence only agenda?

Yeah she is going to have a second* child out of wedlock.

Bristol Palin Announces She's Pregnant
The Huffington Post | By Paige Lavender
Posted: 06/25/2015 5:37 pm EDT

Bristol Palin, daughter of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R), announced in a blog post Thursday that she is pregnant.

read more at:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/25/bristol-palin-pregnant_n_7666678.html

*admitted to having
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/26/2015 11:36:26 AM
Oprah called it:

Abstinence, really? - Sarah & Bristol Palin interview on Oprah - Friday, January 22, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lqt7ZMj75M
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 126
Posted: 6/27/2015 5:27:15 AM
You know you look bad, when some guy who calles himself "The Situation" comes off looking smarter than you.

'The Situation' and Bristol Palin Talk Sex

The Candie's Foundation

Uploaded on Nov 16, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyWKlxNAh30
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bristol Palin, Advocate to Prevent Teen Pregnancy