Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What's Up With NO PHOTOS?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sunshineface03
Msg: 101
What's Up With NO PHOTOS?Page 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
.............................. well anyway

umm people who don't wanna post anything have that right and shouldn't have to be judged by total strangers that have no impact on their real lives. Whats it matter what "Joe Stranger" thinks? exactly.
 Roxie Hart
Msg: 102
What's Up With NO PHOTOS?
Posted: 3/31/2006 12:07:18 PM
"""" the point I was getting across was that some people in public positions don't want to. If a person wants to take advantage of all the technology thats great, if they don't then that is their choice."""""

gimme a break, everyone is in a public position. And undercover cop's prefession is irrelevant because unless he writes in the profile HI UNDERCOVER COP ALLERT!!!! no one gives a damn that the guy has to work incognito all the time nor would he jeopardize his cases by simply being seen on here.
having said that, I respect someone who doesn't want everyone to see their picture, no matter what their personal reason is.

As far as exchanging pictures behind the scenes I would never meet a guy without a pic.

Oh and as to the we never know who someone is...chances are that if you have a few pictures they are more than likely the person they say they are.
 brad77hayes
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/31/2006 1:24:36 PM
I was hesitant to post my pic, so i can see why others feel the same way.
Esp if they have a job where they are in the public eye, esp a teacher, dentist, pharmacist, etc
 ninjaexplosion
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/31/2006 1:56:30 PM
what does LAMBASTING mean hornydevil?
 BRIANiac
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/31/2006 2:21:01 PM
If a girl doesn't have a photo up, she has to have something extremely eye-catching in her headline or the few lines of their profile that show up in a search for me to bother e-mailing her. Or mentions why she doesn't have a pic (something like "if I'm interested, I'll e-mail you a pic"). Also, if I see a post in a forum that says something I like, I might contact a girl without a pic. Not having a pic usually means the same to me as saying "Prefer Not To Say" under Marriage Status or Do You Do Drugs. In other words, I imagine the worst thing possible.
 trey65
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/31/2006 4:36:02 PM
not trying to hide anything, no undercover cop, the camera ended up in the bottom of the lake a couple of weeks ago when we went fishing and just haven't been able to get out to get a new one, guess I need to put it higher on my list, lol.
 jackyfrost01
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/31/2006 5:00:04 PM
"chances are that if you have a few pictures they are more than likely the person they say they are"

Not necessarily. Anyone can go to Webshots or Botfolio and collect all the pics they want of someone's family vacation and play it off as their own. Those are photo album storage sites where people store their personal pictures, and many people do not set them up as private. And there's nothing protecting the pictures from the ole right click and save.
 Roxie Hart
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/31/2006 10:08:41 PM
""""ROXIE,
It does matter for the undercover cop because the people who think he's someone else (the bad guys) might see it and find out what he really is: a cop, a KILL him or at the very least make it harder for the police to solve the case he's on.

You may well be right, but no one can guarantee that the people he's working against will not see him on here, nor is it worth his job or life to take that risk for a free internet dating site.""""

DEAL WITH IT: I think you may be watching too many murder mysterires LOL first off undercover cops would never reveal that's what they do for a living. look around and see how many people don't even state what they do for a living, I don't and I'm no undercover cop or detective. So a picture alone says dyck-all, furthermore it does not jeapordize a person's work, sorry I disagree in that case. I only see it as a problem a some people said their pictures were used to form fake profiles THAt is a real concern.

JACKFROST: sure they can and you might never know until you meet them. I've looked at guys pictures who looked like they have "psycho eyes" watched what they had to say and totally decided I was not interested just based on that. I was right. you use your intuition. generally speaking a person who is honest will send you more pics of them once you speak to them. I have never shown up and seen someone misrepresented. I had one guy who seemed like he could be lying and most those people can not keep up with their lies. I had asked him a question about something in the backgound of a picture since I was suspicious it was a phoney and a month later we were talking again and asked him the same question but changed the answer to make it seem like he has said something else, he fell for it. so he was lying, he didn't remember what he told me the first time and that is how I caught him. just be smart that's all. of course you can't control the outcome of every situation but use your judgement.

Picture is 100 times better than no picture.
 jiszam
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/1/2006 10:48:06 AM
Besides if they got killed...that would be good and then the rest of us could have fun without having to worry about accidentally getting to know a cop..
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:08:10 AM
{Seems like there is a trend on POF where men (I don't look at the profiles of too many ladies, so can't comment on women) are deciding not to post their pictures. It sure makes communication a lot nicer to know who you are responding to...know what I mean? }

I know what you mean, sort off. It's still good to know a person.

would you rather have someone post a fake pic?, Probably not, so sometimes we have to chill and just get to know someone and then when we do see their pic, don't reject them because of there looks.

Lets play nice.
 OAS500
Msg: 111
Posted: 4/1/2006 12:17:58 PM
Well, if there isnt a photo i usually wonder if they dont have a pic or just are afraid to put one up there.
If i exchange e-mails/ do phone conversation thing i mostly ask for a pic.

Although, i met a lady last week from this site who didnt have a pic posted.
We e-mailed, then chatted on the phone (she contacted me actually! lol!)
And i was sorta wondering (while waiting in the parking lot) if she was gonna be a "10" or a "1"! LOL!
She sounded nice on the phone, and is very intelligent, smart, and witty.
And lo and behold she was very cute as well!
I hope the feeling was mutual, as i would definetly like to continue seeing her.

So dont always count someone out if they dont have a pic posted.
 Roxie Hart
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:28:42 PM
Xavi: I know!!!

the bottom line is people will come up with the most ridiculous stories not to show a picture, excuses might as well be lies. if you need excuses to hide behind words, then I don't need an excuse when I want nothing to do with you. NOT INTERESTED - PERIOD.

Why would you come on a dating site and not want to show what you look like unless you have something to hide? And the old "my job is very important to me", sounds like a crock of shyte! Everyone's work is important to them, get over it!
 sunshineface04
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/1/2006 5:15:48 PM
People got too much time on their hands just to come online and rag on what total strangers choose to do with thier own profiles. If ya don't wanna talk to em, then don't. Griping and ribbing them isn't going to change anything any more than you'll change for them. sheesh. We all come here for some escape, not more stress from people we don't even know.
 Roxie Hart
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/1/2006 5:22:38 PM
^^^Speak for yourself. some of us don't come here for fantasy or ESCAPE!?!?
Some of us come here TO DATE in case you haven't noticed this is a DATING site. If I wanted escape I read a novel NOT FAKE PROFILES on a dating site!
 Never to old
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:15:28 AM
Sunshine I agree. If you don't want to contact someone without a picture then don't, but don't bash someone else for their own personal preferences. Seems to me that people waste way to much time worrying about what someone else is doing or not doing.

As for pictures on profiles, I've met 2 guys that had 5 and 6 pictures on their profiles, strange how some men age 20yrs overnight, so to me pictures mean nothing. Dishonesty does.

Bashing someones preferences to anything is stereotyping a person, or people. Not every person on here has something to hide.

And for the record, a friends son is an undercover cop in an highschool, been there since the beginning of the year, he's 29, looks 18, fits right in with the students, so my question is, does he post his picture as 29 and risk being seen by another student or a parent? In his profile he said he was 29 and in a government postion, which is true, but no picture attached.

HMMMMMM

I'm not going to argue the point I was trying to make in a previous response. I am saying that some people do have to protect their jobs.
 Knight Rider
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/7/2006 9:31:29 PM
I'll tell you this,My pic in the forums match the name I chose for this site,nothing
more ,nothing less.

On my profile however,I do have pics of myself,wich by the way I must update
very soon.

And when I write to someone,I always send a pic of me with my letter,so in the
forums it is not a big deal at all!!!

Knight Rider!
 lavernegirl
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/7/2006 9:36:14 PM
i can't post a pic. the only ones i have are almost nude ones,, and there's the no nudity rule. i do however have a webcam and i've said so in my profile.
 I Spy
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/8/2006 1:58:40 AM
I would rather get to know the person first. Picture gets in the way of this.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2006 7:28:05 AM
Posting a photo is taking a bit of a risk. If you're eye candy (as you are getreal) Posting a pic will attract a lot of attention. and invites, good and bad.

I can see many reasons for not posting good and sleezy.

Seems like it would be perfectly reasonable for you to paruse the non pic profiles and if the descreption of his character is what you are seeking, ask for a photo. If he declines, move on.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/9/2006 7:17:06 AM
Well it's the persons choice if they want to put up a photo or not. I put up a photo and get mixed repsonses, soem have accused me of being photogeneic (forgot what that means lol ) and also they suggested that I manipulated my pics and went to some photo store to get them modified and what not. Well that is not true, and atleast i have photos up and I vary them on a weekly bases.

Because I do have a girlfriend I am not so much concerned about which photot i put up, but I think it's still nice for people to see who they are :

1 chatting to
2 who's post they are reading

But again it is the person choice weather or not they put it up. Some prefer to put it up publicly, others are willing to show it in private.
 Undaunted
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/11/2006 9:41:22 PM
I took SecondBestDad's hint and checked out your photos, Getreal. Fabulous. I love what some folks have done with the simple parameters the site offers for images--although I'm convinced, to be flattering, you could do no wrong. As an incidental aside, I drove 2 hours for a date with a woman who had posted images that were about 20 years and at least 75 pounds out of date--and that's being nice about it. Opening the door was the shock of my life and in hindsight it was more than a coincidence that she was also slightly insane. (My own photos, btw, continue to be plagued by scanning glitches, making me one potentially very handsome, technically incompetent bachelor.)
 Never to old
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2006 7:41:08 AM
I tend to think that this whole "What's up with No Photo's" is a about human nature, as in having to KNOW or it will drive them nuts. They will always have an answer for everything, men/women don't have pictures posted because they are hiding something. Not always true. Its like the fact that your neighbours drive really fancy cars, are always going away, its going to drive some people crazy until they find out what they do for a living. Or so and so's husband just moved out, wow I wonder if she/he had an affair and you stop at nothing to find out whose fault it was. Or a co worker wearing an expensive ring or piece of jewelry to work, geez wonder how that much cost?...and the list goes on. People with no pictures is always going to be a hot topic on here, it drives people nuts that some of us don't want to post one even though we will provide one to people of our choice.

If someone man or women say's they won't respond to no picture, their choice, if someone doesn't have a picture posted and you like their profile and chose to send an email with a picture, then again your choice. If you don't have a picture posted and don't get reponses, so be it. If you won't respond to profiles that don't have pictures because you have lumped all "no pictures posted" in the same "they are hiding something group" then again your choice, but you could be missing out on meeting "Mr/Ms Right because you chose not to make that choice.

Its all about personal preference and the people that it drives nuts because they don't know.
 southernbelleNcali
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/13/2006 7:29:57 AM
I agree .. ;) I've talked to many people who have had pictures up and have been hiding TONS of things .. I don't have my picture up because

I work in a very public place professional place and the last thing I need is so weirdo seeing me and chasing me down the halls screaming BUT YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO MY MESSAGE I SENT YOU ..

Once I talk to someone, get to know them, I will freely cough up a picture of myself and it clearly states that in my profile .. I'm not ashamed at all by my looks .. I mean shit no matter what you look like there are always going to be people prettier than you ..so why sweat it .. :) And I'm not "hiding" anything either .. I simply want a bit of privacy until I've talked to someone a few times ...
 daisie
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/13/2006 7:42:08 AM
maybe he's butt-ugly
 tedbragg
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/13/2006 8:02:05 AM
I'm shooting pics today for my profile. Aside from the usual headshot, what other picture(s) are you ladies looking for?

Job stuff? Free time/hobby?

Any man who won't post a picture on here isn't just hiding something, he's being incredibly stupid and lazy. Even cell phones come with cameras these days. C'mon guys! It ain't hard to snap one!

Don't buy into that, "there's more than just looks" nonsense -- you posted a pic, so should he.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What's Up With NO PHOTOS?