Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Creepy neighbor, should I be direct and say I'm not interested?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dan99993
Msg: 182
Creepy neighbor, should I be direct and say I'm not interested?Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

And no, I don't go staring at people cluelessly. .so I'm not the "creepy neighbor". I have the common sense to know that staring at someone is rude, and unnerving to a stranger.

Exact. Why a simple thing like that isn't evident...

I believe you do need to call animal control, it's not just a cat fight, but from the other side as well.

Hey, I don't like to be referred to as either a cat or a dog.

femaleconnection
Msg: 183
Creepy neighbor, should I be direct and say I'm not interested?
Posted: 12/7/2010 3:27:19 AM
So the man is not creepy he was making small talk based on environment. He saw a toy and assumed there was a child in Op's life. He is ugly tho, and ugly men are not allowed to make such small talk. I get it now.

Added to this, the ugly man stared at OP.

Call the cops.

Christ, 'ugly' men stare at me all the time. Any reasonably attractive woman has this happen. Get over it.

wow...

If he was hot, she likely would have let him snuggle the toy. lol

What a waste of time this was.
 jeepwmn
Msg: 184
Posted: 12/7/2010 7:36:56 AM
Left: Well, thanks, but maybe it's not just tenacity, but stubbornness. The more difficult something becomes, it just makes me not want to give up. Haven't tried the posters yet. . :D

Dan: Yes, it's all in jest, but the label wasn't meant to be applied to the ones that weren't attacking me.
 Dan99993
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/7/2010 7:43:10 AM
^^^I can't help fooling around.. I've had it with all this fighting! Goodness..

(anyway I hope that guy's not bothering you anymore?)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 186
Posted: 12/7/2010 7:48:38 AM
Ok, to settle this. .even before I happened to run into him doing laundry, he kept staring at me while the other neighbors were there. The staring and smiling started before the laundromat incident, but I've said that before in a previous post. As to what he specifically said, "How old is your baby?" Ok, that's an insult right there. He's basically saying I look like I had a baby, which implies I need to lose weight.( No offense to anyone, I'm just saying what it sounded like to me. And I'm well aware that there are plenty of women who've had children who are thinner/in better shape than myself) I'm trying to do that, but that's besides the point. By that time, I was completely turned off. I told him curtly, " I don't have one. " "Oh, you don't?" No apology. That is why I find that creepy. .and him as well. What person stares at someone on a continuous basis, and looks at their laundry,and insults them in that manner, but doesn't apologize?

I'm calling bullshyte on tbis entire post. The OP was posted in the dating experience
section. She makes no such claims of this neighbor implying she needs to lose weight
until 8 pages or so. She described the guy in her OP as unattractive and asked how to
tell him she wasn't interested, and she made no mention of how she figured the guy
WAS interested other than he looked or "stared" at her. Hells bells, if I figured
everyone who looked/stared/talked to me was INTERESTED in me, I'd have a date
every night for the next few years.

Now that she's being called on her nimcompoopery, she's merely adding details
to get her much needed support and validation.

I get it. You're uber attractive, some unattractive guy dared to look and say hello
and now you need help from the forumbies on how to tell him you couldn't possibly
accept a date from him should he someday ask.
 jeepwmn
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/7/2010 8:18:35 AM
Yes, someone get animal control out here, stat.. It's starting to get out of control. If it's in fact such a waste of time, why are people still trying to debate this? Posting in the dating experiences. .besides not posting it, where would it be posted, then? You tell me.
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 188
Posted: 12/7/2010 8:40:13 AM
just curious if this man is still staring at you, or whether you finally decided to be more direct, or whether we're still arguing about stuffed animals and being overweight.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 189
Posted: 12/7/2010 9:13:23 AM

yes, i respond to every single comment from any woman. anytime.
everyday on this site i get googoo eyed woman writing to me who physically do not have a chance in hell of ever making me interested based on looks alone. but every once in a while one will get my attention and i'll find her more interesting mentally simply because I ALWAYS WRITE BACK, EVEN TO SAY WE ARE NOT A MATCH.
that's human kindness. you need a dab of it.<
Are you serious with that? most women receives 3 times the email most men receive, I have a associate on here who is very attractive and she receives a minimum of 30 emails a day, if she had to respond to everyone plus the rebuttals she would have to hire a assistant it would be a full time occupation.
I dont know the OP and after reading the thread I should stopped reading it after the 3rd page.... All this over a stuffed animal and weight issues? somebody pass me the vodka or cognac pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/7/2010 9:24:31 AM

yes, i respond to every single comment from any woman. anytime.
everyday on this site i get googoo eyed woman writing to me who physically do not have a chance in hell of ever making me interested based on looks alone. but every once in a while one will get my attention and i'll find her more interesting mentally simply because I ALWAYS WRITE BACK, EVEN TO SAY WE ARE NOT A MATCH.
that's human kindness. you need a dab of it.<

lol; thought it was just me. found it incredibly ironic that a person who is talking about googoo eyed women who physically don't stand a chance in hell at interesting him who write him every day and who he always "rejects in the kindest way possible"; and then telling someone else they need a dab of human kindness...

Just found it kind of funny :)

(and don't sleep with stuffed animal; i personally prefer big overstuffed pillows)
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 191
Posted: 12/7/2010 9:38:40 AM
everyday on this site i get googoo eyed woman writing to me who physically do not have a chance in hell of ever making me interested based on looks alone.

that's interesting. how do you know they're actually "googoo eyed"??? did they tell you that or imply it in some way? or did you just assume it based on the frequent stares you get at the grocery store and the voluminous email you get from all the ugly women of the world who have no chance in hell of pleasing your visual cortex or matching you physically, much less in not having the good sense to recognize the obvious disparity. how dare they imagine you could ever in a million years offer them anything more than a polite rejection based on their looks alone? don't they know you think they're ugly? they should, but they don't, so you'll offer a condescending "thanks but no thanks", and in your world that's a dab of kindness. because at least it proves you're kind even in the face of the unlovely. hey good to know. it's always a nice reality check to find out how some people think just because they've won the genetic lottery.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 192
Posted: 12/7/2010 10:20:10 AM
that's interesting. how do you know they're actually "googoo eyed"??? did they tell you that or imply it in some way? or did you just assume it based on the frequent stares you get at the grocery store and the voluminous email you get from all the ugly women of the world who have no chance in hell of pleasing your visual cortex or matching you physically, much less in not having the good sense to recognize the obvious disparity. how dare they imagine you could ever in a million years offer them anything more than a polite rejection based on their looks alone? don't they know you think they're ugly? they should, but they don't, so you'll offer a condescending "thanks but no thanks", and in your world that's a dab of kindness. because at least it proves you're kind even in the face of the unlovely. hey good to know. it's always a nice reality check to find out how some people think just because they've won the genetic lottery.

Very interesting---I'm reminded of the time I got one unsolicited message from some creepy atomic bomb guy in his fifties, who liked my long blonde hair and thought my 20-year-old stepdaughter would be a good match for himself---only he wasn't so nice about being turned down and blocked, and decided to go after me in the forums.
 clockwork lime
Msg: 193
Posted: 12/7/2010 12:39:17 PM
There's really not a lot here that makes much sense.

The OP assumes that this strange man is interested in her to the point of creepiness based on the belief that this man insulted her because he believed her to be overweight?

What a complete and utter load of codswallop.
 jeepwmn
Msg: 194
Posted: 12/7/2010 10:10:43 PM
I'll remember that next time. .Well, most likely there won't be a next time. But, I'll remember that for anything that doesn't easily fit in the categories, that it goes in the off topic. When I posted it, I should have thought more about the category. As far as running into that man, no, I haven't run into him.. But I might try the direct approach next time. .to hear him out, and if he still continues staring after that. .to say "is there a problem/I noticed you're staring and I don't like it."
*hands T Iceman and everyone else a vodka/cognac*
 3cutsabove
Msg: 195
Posted: 12/15/2010 11:07:48 PM

This man can't seem to get the clue that I'm not interested. .some people say I should just say the truth, that he's too old and not my type. I'm not sure what else to do.

Maybe you should, you know, use verbal language and communicate THAT way, by telling him that he's "too old and not my type."

Some people "can't get the hint," because they don't have the social skills to read your body language and 'obvious' clues. Try talking.
 acefalu
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2017 11:16:42 AM
Please don't discount this woman's situation. I tried being polite but that gave this man courage to bother me more. Now I need to be stern, something I'm not comfortable with, just to make this stop. I don't feel safe. I'm not comfortable walking my dog, using my grill outside, getting the mail as this man always shows up. I want to move but only because of this weirdo that I'm afraid to confront. Inside, I wish I was a big, strong, intimidating guy that could knock him out and say **** OFF.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 197
Posted: 5/29/2017 12:40:54 PM

Please don't discount this woman's situation. I tried being polite but that gave this man courage to bother me more. Now I need to be stern, something I'm not comfortable with, just to make this stop. I don't feel safe. I'm not comfortable walking my dog, using my grill outside, getting the mail as this man always shows up. I want to move but only because of this weirdo that I'm afraid to confront. Inside, I wish I was a big, strong, intimidating guy that could knock him out and say **** OFF.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Some people are strange and may have some sort of mental illness. Some people unfortunately require you to be more direct and say what you mean because they don't take social cues or hints. It's an unfortunate reality of the world we all live in. A young man who always hung around my children was like this and it turned out he had asperger's syndrome. He wouldn't take the social cues of hey you aren't my kid go the f*ck home already. Turned out I'd just tell him what I was thinking instead of depending on him to know by my actions and he would take it well and do what I expected. Just a question have you tried this with this neighbor yet? Like hey I am a person and I need my alone time and such and when you do x, y and z it can be too much and makes me uncomfortable. I do or did this or that because I was being polite and I'm fine with being friends but I'm not interested in x y and z though. Some people for whatever reason just don't know.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 198
Posted: 5/29/2017 1:45:49 PM
Stop being polite to the creeper. Stop talking period to him. You ought not feel uncomfy at your own place - if you have a burly male friend or two might be a good time to invite them for a BBQ.
Me, oh I would tell him get the **** outta my face and leave me alone
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 199
Posted: 5/29/2017 10:51:10 PM
Well, this post is like 6 years old so I'm sure she's found a solution. I have the same problem, though so I avoid the creepster. He's at leats 15 years older than me, if not older. He's missing teeth and acts like he has to speak to me every time he sees me. Apparently, he has me saved in his phone as "Fine Ass Frances". F-cking disgusting. I avoid the area that he lives at and my daughter is also to avoid the area, too because he said something inappropriate to her which pissed me off.

I've told him before that he was creepy and basically let him know that I'm not interested. If I should have another encounter with the old guy, he will be everything but a child of God. Some people you can't be nice to. You seriously have to be extra rude to some people because that's the only way they get the message.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 200
Posted: 5/30/2017 4:48:22 AM
lucilledixon a post above mine acefalu us having an issue with a guy and she resurfaced the thread in order to talk about it. I quoted her and you should check out her post hun. :) I'm sorry some of my gender do not catch a hint and think being a creeper is somehow attractive.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 201
Posted: 5/30/2017 5:29:11 AM
Ok the saving you in his phone as fine ass wins the prize for bizarre person of the decade. I get POed when you tell people and they say " oh he is harmless"
good, then you have him come live with you, let me know how it works out
They just banned an old guy from local coffee shop saying inappropriate things to Women, including : I'd like to get naked with you.. gag
 hemingway234
Msg: 202
Posted: 6/1/2017 5:49:26 AM
Ladies, just tell the guy you have a boyfriend. That will get rid of most of them.
 gtomustang
Msg: 203
Posted: 6/1/2017 6:15:58 AM
sometimes, making it public sends them scurrying, b/c deep down they know they're not following social rules. A guy I used to work with had a case with his wife's coworker being inappropriate. My best friend now has a creeper at church, he makes sure to kiss all the ladies he can there, using "peace be with you" as a cover. He's one of those fellows who were taught at a young age to never take no for an answer in order to be a man in society. Back when I used to live in an apartment complex, I had a dude creeping on me, as well. He confessed to looking inside my Mustang in hopes of getting to know my story, and would keep dropping by to invite me upstairs to his place and admitted he had watched me do some stuff outside. ick. I just kept providing nothing but "polite yet firm" attitude like a police officer might offer.

even among creeps, there are different types, but being consistant in your message, and telling him often, helps.
 Cynderella
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2017 10:55:47 AM
I might be a bit confused and haven't had enough of my morning go go juice.
But....
What gives you the idea he's interested in you?
You live in a friendly building, maybe too friendly.
He has only tried to converse with you.
So how is that creepy?

Edit: Holly shit balls this is 7 years ago.
Who cares now lol
 cooldog65
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 9:37:57 AM

Apparently, he has me saved in his phone as "Fine Ass Frances".

How did this guy get your number?
 gtomustang
Msg: 206
Posted: 7/6/2017 10:51:54 AM
"though I have read somewhere if you ask for money, that does the trick"

>>>tho i'm sure this was posted tongue in cheek...it does work sometimes. of course, there are the creeps who are ready to pay for what they want :) I've also seen the other side of it, a coworker hot mess got her cellphone paid off, new snow tires, etc, from a guy who thought he was getting closer, closer, closer. and I once scared off a clinger by sticking her with the hotel bill, apparently being cheap was a deal-breaker.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Creepy neighbor, should I be direct and say I'm not interested?