Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > National Do Not Pay Your Mortgage Month      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GolfCoast
Msg: 15
National Do Not Pay Your Mortgage MonthPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'll never understand the big deal. You make an agreement, you hold up your end of the agreement. everyone wins. I know in lib land an agreement is only valid if it's win-lose and some profit guy goes to jail.

Easy stuff. Think twice, act once.
 matchlight
Msg: 16
view profile
History
National Do Not Pay Your Mortgage Month
Posted: 1/10/2011 3:10:23 PM

If you actually comprehended how legislation works

Gosh--that's something I've just never been able to comprehend, either. Maybe you could explain it to the rest of us benighted souls.
 matchlight
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2011 3:28:54 PM

Barney Frank could have set himself on fire on the floor of Congress and it would not have made any difference as to what laws he would have advocated.

Rep. Frank was flaming just fine already. This was the honorable gentleman whose butt boy and roommate had marijuana all over their lavish place, growing, selling, using, you name it. Yet Mr. Frank denied all knowledge of it, saying that not being much of an outdoorsman, he couldn't tell one plant from another.

And either this roommate, or another one--an "aide," I think, although I'm not sure just what he aided--was also involved in running a gay prostitution service out of their residence. What an honor to have had this fine representative from the great state of Massachusetts gracing our Congress for so many years. Along with that other longtime fixture in the Senate--you remember--the fellow that had that unfortunate watery driving accident all those years ago, after boozing it up at a party.

BTW, anyone who thinks Rep. Frank wasn't largely responsible for the housing collapse that set off the current depression might want to debate that issue with Prof. Thomas Sowell. Although I'm sure his intelligence and knowledge of economics are no match for some of Mr. Frank's supporters--especially any of them here--they might find his points interesting.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/14/2011 6:33:29 PM
Adults understand life is full of risks. I smile daily recognizing that 100 years ago life expectancy was 47 years and 10,000 years ago some saber toothe critter would have eaten me long before 47. The upshot then is man up, if the banks are the modern day equivalent of saber toothed critters I'll have to read the contract carefully, lay in some resources for the worst same as in an earlier time I woulda sharpened my spears and slept with one eye open

Baskin-Robbins and Starbucks don't lull me into thinking I'm anywhere but on a concrete Serengeti.

I know you liberals think the government's role is to plant you in some draft-free hallway and water you twice a week but engaged humans embrace the battle.
 matchlight
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2011 10:51:20 PM

It's been my experience that most people who talk negatively about gay people's sex life are often insecure about their own sexuality, and that repression forces them to strike out at those who practice what they fear.

All that experience--are you a doctor, by any chance? Or is that just more of the vogue, pseudo-Freudian, pop "psychology" we hear people sling around so much--usually, as in this case, in a brain-dead attempt to slander someone? I suppose I could do the same kind of thing to you, if I wanted to waste the time on it. You have no idea what you're talking about--but then that's never stopped you before.

I'm not surprised to see you rush to defend poor Rep. Frank, since you've shown many times here that you have just as much contempt for the Constitution and the rule of law as he does. By all rights, he should be serving a life term in a federal prison.

I despise this toad for the incalculable harm he's done to this country. (Thomas Sowell has detailed Frank's role in bringing on this economic depression.) He's a morally corrupt, lying degenerate who has defiled the Congress for far too long. He reminds me of some paunchy, corrupt old Roman, living in luxuriant decadence while debauching his houseboys.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/15/2011 1:45:04 PM
The government has helped me? Seriously, the government helps those who play the victim car, the helpless, the clueless, the lazy, those in search of the unearned. The government started a war on poverty perhaps 4 decades ago, spent perhaps $14 trillion and we have more poverty than when we started. You can't seriously imagine the inner city poor would be less poor, less educated, less clueless. coincidentally our nationa debt = these transfer payments. One wondrs what that $14 trillion would have meant invested in the private sector creating wealth and jobs in addition to reducing the moral hazard and polarization.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/17/2011 7:49:38 PM
I wouldn't expect you to be able to map the expenditure of $14Trillion on social programs that have had zero impact on those it was meant to help. I wouldn't expect you to understand that a friend that had 2 years of 401K savings available after a lifetime of work could understand that his tax money was essentially wasted, stolen from one group of people to buy the votes of another group of people who in gratitude called them Rethugs, tea baggers and any number of foul names. His future is toast after decades of posturing about age discrimination, diversity, fairness, and a myraid of other empty, appeal to the stupid types.

It's not that we don't drive on the roads, or use the schools, it's that they are so utterly overpriced, ineffective, and so doomed. If you think there is no appreciation of these boondoggles including the $100trillion in unfunded liabilities....

The takeaway is an inability to map cause and effect would leave 53% of the population clueless.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/18/2011 8:20:02 AM
GC her reply to your statement says it all, she doesn't understand what taxes fund what. Always back to the fire, police roads etc typical liberal response(and they call conservatives fear mongers), and if any funding does come down from the feds it has a thousand strings attached.

So here is a fact for you, 1977 the U.S, spent 12 billion dollars a year to keep up the roads(lots of jobs) last year they spent 2 billion, and only 5% of the stimulus went to infrastructure(shovel ready my @ss). Where did all that money go that use to employee people that were keeping the roads, to social programs, but hey the road workers can now get there government handouts.

"The first sign of a dying nation is the collapse of its infrastructure."
paraphrased from Cicero

If you get a chance watch the whole 2 hour special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBSPcIGGcIc
 GolfCoast
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/18/2011 8:31:03 AM
FZR we have probably reached a tipping point in respect to our economy. The smart guys are convinced those jobs that went to China will never return, although there is a group of Democrat business men holdinb out hope $20 a gallon gasoline would move the transportation cost lever in ways that would favor domestic mfg. (I think the DEAR LEADER is one of these types although I doubt is big brain has gotten to heating oil, portions of the country where people make minimum wage and drive 25 miles each way to work), the friction induced by regs and satisfying regulators with legal support has a few last breaths left in it before John Galt moves to a sundrenched beach leaving those useless, whiney libs with no one left to blame (anyone with targeted cas except ooops prop 13 targets which in turn will generate another 100,000 foreclosures).

These libs play checkers in a chess world. Lacking history, strategy, cause and effect they've become flavor-of-the-day whim worshippers.

PS did you see pics of the DEAR LEADER bowing to yet another leader. The Chinese premier probably is wondering where this errand boy came from.

http://www.nma.tv/hu-jintao-jets-washington-2/

Also check out the DEAR LEADER addressing his focus like a laser beam on reducing regs to business. What a joke this guy is, pathetic. He destroys the economy for 1/2 his term then fixes it by undoing his own damage.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41131176
 fzrhusker
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/18/2011 11:31:44 AM
Well thinking you are wrong on some things, I want 30% spending reductions across the board at all levels of government, all programs, starting at the top, and I want to end corporate welfare. We are wasting our time and money in Iraq and Afghanistan with large scale forces where we should be using CIA and Special Ops assets. But no one has the cajones to do any of it, as they are afraid of their next election, we have been sold down the river by the left and the right for the next set of votes. Now you may disagree with me as you support allot of these social programs and I understand the left's rationale. If we were to stop spending all this money on wars and corporate welfare there would be more than enough to pay for the social programs, this is probably true. My problem with that theory is the left would not stop spending even if they were given all that money, they would just find more crap programs and regulatory entities to come up with. As for the war on poverty, that is corporate welfare in and of itself, the large medical conglomerates are the ones that service medical and the like. If it wasn't a form of corporate welfare then all stores would be able to refuse to take food stamps and such, oh that's right it is written into the legislation that they can not refuse to take it.
The whole political system of left and right is a joke, that's not funny, as they have all sold out to the highest donation to their campaigns.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?v=hd6UaG2G4z
 GolfCoast
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/18/2011 4:13:36 PM
Privatise SS for anyone under 40. I'm always amused when libs get all glowy over the success of SS. It's a disaster, a huge lie, a ponzi scheme that in a sane world would put several generations of politicians in prison. Accountants will tell you clients will pay big money to reduce SS payments and increase 401K payments, proof of a rational world unless one is totally in the bag to Marxist happy talk.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/18/2011 7:52:06 PM
Social Security in the red this year
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, second from right, speaks about the Social Security and Medicare Trustees Report, Thursday, Aug. 5, 2010, at the Treasury Department in Washington. Joining him, from left are, Social Security Administration
By Stephen Dinan
The Washington Times

Social Security will pay out more this year than it gets in payroll taxes, marking the first time since the program will be in the red since it was overhauled in 1983, according to the annual authoritative report released Thursday by the program's actuary.

As for your question about 30% cuts, I would say no to current recipients, but yes to any body that will begin collecting this year.

Just so you know there are no sacred cows of any government programs in my book. But common sense would dictate that you scale back in methodical across the board way so as not to shock the nation.

Maybe grandma and grandpa will have to move back in with the kids or vice verse, there just solved the whole daycare problem and probably some of the youthful attitude problems too.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/19/2011 8:36:58 AM
The More Americans That Go On Food Stamps The More Money JP Morgan Makes

The Economic Collapse
Jan 19, 2011

JP Morgan is the largest processor of food stamp benefits in the United States. JP Morgan has contracted to provide food stamp debit cards in 26 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. JP Morgan is paid for each case that it handles, so that means that the more Americans that go on food stamps, the more profits JP Morgan makes. Yes, you read that correctly. When the number of Americans on food stamps goes up, JP Morgan makes more money. In the video posted below, JP Morgan executive Christopher Paton admits that this is “a very important business to JP Morgan” and that it is doing very well. Considering the fact that the number of Americans on food stamps has exploded from 26 million in 2007 to 43 million today, one can only imagine how much JP Morgan’s profits in this area have soared. But doesn’t this give JP Morgan an incentive to keep the number of Americans enrolled in the food stamp program as high as possible?

There are just some things that are a little too “creepy” to be “outsourced” to private corporations. The JP Morgan executive in the interview below does his best to put a positive spin on all this, but it just seems really unsavory for a big Wall Street bank to be making so much money off of the suffering of tens of millions of Americans….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zf8v7RYk6Y&feature=player_embedded
 GolfCoast
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/25/2011 5:47:19 PM
Ya I'm terrified I can't plan and save better than somegovernment employed dullard wearing an SEIU trr-shirt with tears running down his/her face everytime Obungler says things so obvious 2 year olds of average intelligence fall asleep within a sentence.

The return on SS if computed is approx. 1.7% assuming they actually pay out. Leaving aside no ability to pass it on to heirs...it's a heck of a deal...assuming you are a no-life moron that is.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/26/2011 1:57:32 PM
As Einstein once observed compound interest is the greatest mystery in the universe. Actually under any scenario SS is a disaster. Libs get all excited that people will get back more than they pay in...simply do not understand time value of money.

The 95% of people who cannot plan are hardly my cocern. Their early removal from the gene pool is a liklihood and frankly their incompetence should not be considered the rationale for putting a lien on the lives of the competent.

If you ever find yourself stuck in traffic and make those linkages you'll be able to say say you are thinking in California, or anywhere else.
 matchlight
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2011 8:31:52 PM
It could also apply to the sick, cancer patient should be left alone to go because they put a lien on the physically fit...or the handicapped...the list goes on.

The question isn't whether we should help people in trouble. Only the most callous person would just leave them to their fates. The question is *how* we should help them.

Quite a few of us believe there's no legitimate authority for the federal government to do that. There's solid evidence that the Supreme Court knew the Social Security Act was unconstitutional, but upheld it anyway. Mark Levin has discussed this in detail in "Men in Black."

We can probably help the needy more effectively, anyway, by donating to private and religious charities, by volunteering, and through local and state government programs. And we won't be undermining the Constitution by doing it.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/27/2011 11:10:37 AM
I think most people in civilized societies would agree we need to help the helpless. Unfortuantely Dems have discovered the power of paying off the clueless along with the helpless. Ya ever watch the flick "Gladiator"< same impulse, give the proles a show?
 matchlight
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2011 12:24:35 PM

I think people have decided SS is constitutioal

It's an academic question so long after the event, but I don't think it is. Mark Levin, who's an experienced constitutional lawyer, doesn't think it is. And to repeat, as he and others have detailed, even the justices at the time could not have thought it was.

A disingenuous Supreme Court decision--Roe v. Wade is another example--is "constitutional" only in the narrowest sense. It's "constitutional" in the same way an earlier decision is still "constitutional" five minutes before the Court hands down another one that overrules it. Decisions like that may deserve to be obeyed, but they do *not* deserve anyone's respect.

If government's basic function is to have the people's back when the nation goes through it's downward cycle, then it doesn't sound worthy of support.

Can you point out the language in the Constitution which makes "having the people's back" in hard economic times the U.S. "government's basic function?" The Constitution lists those functions, mostly in Article I, and that one's missing from my copies. Or, maybe you imagine the authority for the federal government to perform that function has some source other than the Constitution. If so, would you please say what that source is, and enlighten me?

So anyone that falls into troubles should be ready to go begging for charity.

Last I heard, the major private and religious charities didn't require anyone to beg for anything. A gift isn't charitable if the person receiving it has to beg for it. Americans donate a lot to charities already. And they'd have a lot more to donate to them, and to state and local relief, if they weren't taxed so much to support a grotesquely bloated nanny state.

No, I think most people will prefer the safety net.

I don't give a damn what "most people will prefer." If they preferred that the federal government give them each a new car every three years, paid for with money other people earned, that wouldn't give them the right to have one.

Enough people--barely enough--also preferred socialized medicine to make it the law, for now. Even if that law's not repealed, I think it's pretty clearly unconstitutional. If it ever gets to the Supreme Court, it should be struck down.
 matchlight
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2011 5:34:29 PM

Seriously, taking your bait to argue constitutioality of anything is like begging for a root canal.

I started by saying the question was academic. No one--except you--said anything about challenging anything in court. Most people realize, even if you don't, that a decision that old and entrenched isn't going anywhere.

That doesn't stop me from noting that the Social Security scheme was unconstitutional, and that there's strong evidence the Court knew it and upheld it anyway. We're stuck with something that was illegitimate from the start.

but that's a pretty piss poor way to run a country.

Most of us see charity as a virtue, not as "piss poor." That phrase is better used to describe the process of gradually turning the U.S. into a totalitarian state, by ignoring or even undermining its Constitution and the rule of law. You've made it clear, many times, that you know very little and care even less about either of those things.

Most people don't give a damn what you prefer either

Oh, I'm not so sure. I've had quite a few people ask me what I prefer. Let me rephrase my comment, which you obviously didn't understand. It would make no difference if 75% of the American people thought we should eliminate jury trials for people accused of crimes. They couldn't do it, because it would flat violate the Constitution. And the fact most people prefer this or that doesn't mean the U.S. government has any authority to provide it to them.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/27/2011 6:15:01 PM
Thinking you and leftists imagine the good impulse is enough. In a rationale world problems have a variety of solutions and if one fails, which any social you can list has clearly, or will soon, fail. I have read several times the entitlement programs have very little money make it to the target, something like 84 cents on the dollar dies in the government admin.

Salvation rmy on the other hand results in something like 94 cents of each dollar making it to the target of need.

You lefties need to get off this superiority deal, you're primarily feeding the 'we shall overcome poverty pimps" not those it is meant to help.
 matchlight
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2011 9:09:47 PM
^^^^^GC, You hit it right on the head. Many of the ones I've run across (who in my mind are as far from truly liberal as they could be) *do* think they're superior to the hoi polloi. They are cosmopolitans, citizens of the world--the ones who used to show up at '49 ers games with their Brie and Chardonnay. After all, better people do not touch barbecue and (gasp) . . . hot dogs. Just not done.

In the minds of these patricians (and nowhere else) their more refined sense of morality gives them the right to tell all those NASCAR-lovin' yahoos in flyover country--those Sarah Palin fans--how they have to live. What kind of light bulbs and toilets and dishwasher soap to use, and so on. Noblesse oblige, you know. But at the same time, they and their president make sure black kids stay confined to the crappy D.C. public schools.

These people's own kids, of course, are in private college-prep schools with other well-off kids, most of them white. Why not let the black parents have vouchers, so they could send their kids to good schools, too? Because most of these superior beings, despite all their self-assumed noble wholesomeness, don't give a damn about them.

And their president is beholden to the NEA for campaign contributions, so he doesn't dare do anything to encourage competition with public schools. Apparently it's only those wicked, greedy corporations who shouldn't be able to buy politicians; but when unions want to protect incompetent teachers from competition, ah--now *that's* a different thing.
 matchlight
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2011 9:23:36 AM
What, did you like run into one once? Do they all look alike too?

I don't understand what you mean by asking if they all looked alike. That's usually what someone says to imply another person is a racist. Supposedly people like the one being targeted lump everyone of whatever race together in their minds, so that to them, "All them (blank) look alike, anyway."

But even though I've seen you several times accuse other people of being racists, without one shred of a reason for it, I'm sure that wasn't what you meant to do here. Since you must have meant something else, maybe you can tell us all what that was.

I don't know how, but you seem to know a great deal about my past acquaintances. Do you really imagine that I only, like, ran into one liberal once? I've known, like many hundreds of them, quite a few of them very well.

My impression was--and still is--that most of them are either not very smart, not very well informed, or both. Because they don't have facts or logic enough to rebut an argument they don't agree with, they usually fall back on attacking the person making it, instead.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/28/2011 3:25:20 PM
As the old saw goes "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". It is pure evil to observe decades of failure, waste and abuse and excuse it because it is motivated by intentions. As a society we are doing the medical equivalent of "bleeding" the patient back to health. Seriously the KKK's worst programs could not have resulted in as much harm as the Dem party has done to Detroit or most American cities (pictures and stats available upon request).
 GolfCoast
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/29/2011 12:20:25 PM
Defending a bad action by pointing out another bad action is the first resort of leftist's and ex-wives. Church's are private, what happens is done with the consent of the members and have no impact on my liefe until they break the law in which case it is the job of the government.

Who's job is it to point out the malfeasance of the government when they screw up? Right, no one. Lefties get all weapy if the intentions are cuddly. loser stuff.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/29/2011 5:38:22 PM
Once again you have conflated the bad act with bad actors. if your question is restated "will otherwise good people game a system without regard to their or other principles?" the answer is absolutely yes. But then again a system, or systems, that are abused it becomes part of the norm to game said systems and make those people less, even criminal, in the eyes of the goverment and their fellow citizens. This human behavior changes nothing. I am certain I would feel justified in cheating this sytem, and you, and anyone else reading this, for creating a system so rife with outright lies from the inception. Shame on you for being a part of a system that is so corrupt you corrupt the citizen.

Let's take social security for a little history lesson.
Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.[9]

An old Social Security card with the "NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" message.

Our Social Security

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
Completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
Incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65%
on the first $106,800

3.) That the money the participants elected to put
into the Program would be deductible from
their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the
independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
general operating fund, and therefore, would
only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other
Government program, and,

Under Johnson the money was moved to
The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton & Gore
Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
now receiving a Social Security check every month --
and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
away' -- you may be interested in the following:

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
controlled House and Senate.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Q: Which Political Party decided to start
giving annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right!

Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
began to receive Social Security payments! The
Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
even though they never paid a dime into it!

------------ -- ------------ --------- ----- ------------ --------- ---------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA),
the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away! They don't have to take it away by law, they can inflate, or diminish, the payments of the involuntary recipient.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > National Do Not Pay Your Mortgage Month