Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > National Do Not Pay Your Mortgage Month      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GolfCoast
Msg: 34
National Do Not Pay Your Mortgage MonthPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Thinking you and leftists imagine the good impulse is enough. In a rationale world problems have a variety of solutions and if one fails, which any social you can list has clearly, or will soon, fail. I have read several times the entitlement programs have very little money make it to the target, something like 84 cents on the dollar dies in the government admin.

Salvation rmy on the other hand results in something like 94 cents of each dollar making it to the target of need.

You lefties need to get off this superiority deal, you're primarily feeding the 'we shall overcome poverty pimps" not those it is meant to help.
 matchlight
Msg: 35
view profile
History
National Do Not Pay Your Mortgage Month
Posted: 1/27/2011 9:09:47 PM
^^^^^GC, You hit it right on the head. Many of the ones I've run across (who in my mind are as far from truly liberal as they could be) *do* think they're superior to the hoi polloi. They are cosmopolitans, citizens of the world--the ones who used to show up at '49 ers games with their Brie and Chardonnay. After all, better people do not touch barbecue and (gasp) . . . hot dogs. Just not done.

In the minds of these patricians (and nowhere else) their more refined sense of morality gives them the right to tell all those NASCAR-lovin' yahoos in flyover country--those Sarah Palin fans--how they have to live. What kind of light bulbs and toilets and dishwasher soap to use, and so on. Noblesse oblige, you know. But at the same time, they and their president make sure black kids stay confined to the crappy D.C. public schools.

These people's own kids, of course, are in private college-prep schools with other well-off kids, most of them white. Why not let the black parents have vouchers, so they could send their kids to good schools, too? Because most of these superior beings, despite all their self-assumed noble wholesomeness, don't give a damn about them.

And their president is beholden to the NEA for campaign contributions, so he doesn't dare do anything to encourage competition with public schools. Apparently it's only those wicked, greedy corporations who shouldn't be able to buy politicians; but when unions want to protect incompetent teachers from competition, ah--now *that's* a different thing.
 matchlight
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2011 9:23:36 AM
What, did you like run into one once? Do they all look alike too?

I don't understand what you mean by asking if they all looked alike. That's usually what someone says to imply another person is a racist. Supposedly people like the one being targeted lump everyone of whatever race together in their minds, so that to them, "All them (blank) look alike, anyway."

But even though I've seen you several times accuse other people of being racists, without one shred of a reason for it, I'm sure that wasn't what you meant to do here. Since you must have meant something else, maybe you can tell us all what that was.

I don't know how, but you seem to know a great deal about my past acquaintances. Do you really imagine that I only, like, ran into one liberal once? I've known, like many hundreds of them, quite a few of them very well.

My impression was--and still is--that most of them are either not very smart, not very well informed, or both. Because they don't have facts or logic enough to rebut an argument they don't agree with, they usually fall back on attacking the person making it, instead.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/28/2011 3:25:20 PM
As the old saw goes "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". It is pure evil to observe decades of failure, waste and abuse and excuse it because it is motivated by intentions. As a society we are doing the medical equivalent of "bleeding" the patient back to health. Seriously the KKK's worst programs could not have resulted in as much harm as the Dem party has done to Detroit or most American cities (pictures and stats available upon request).
 GolfCoast
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/29/2011 12:20:25 PM
Defending a bad action by pointing out another bad action is the first resort of leftist's and ex-wives. Church's are private, what happens is done with the consent of the members and have no impact on my liefe until they break the law in which case it is the job of the government.

Who's job is it to point out the malfeasance of the government when they screw up? Right, no one. Lefties get all weapy if the intentions are cuddly. loser stuff.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/29/2011 5:38:22 PM
Once again you have conflated the bad act with bad actors. if your question is restated "will otherwise good people game a system without regard to their or other principles?" the answer is absolutely yes. But then again a system, or systems, that are abused it becomes part of the norm to game said systems and make those people less, even criminal, in the eyes of the goverment and their fellow citizens. This human behavior changes nothing. I am certain I would feel justified in cheating this sytem, and you, and anyone else reading this, for creating a system so rife with outright lies from the inception. Shame on you for being a part of a system that is so corrupt you corrupt the citizen.

Let's take social security for a little history lesson.
Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.[9]

An old Social Security card with the "NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" message.

Our Social Security

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
Completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
Incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65%
on the first $106,800

3.) That the money the participants elected to put
into the Program would be deductible from
their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the
independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
general operating fund, and therefore, would
only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other
Government program, and,

Under Johnson the money was moved to
The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton & Gore
Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
now receiving a Social Security check every month --
and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
away' -- you may be interested in the following:

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
controlled House and Senate.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Q: Which Political Party decided to start
giving annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right!

Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
began to receive Social Security payments! The
Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
even though they never paid a dime into it!

------------ -- ------------ --------- ----- ------------ --------- ---------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA),
the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away! They don't have to take it away by law, they can inflate, or diminish, the payments of the involuntary recipient.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > National Do Not Pay Your Mortgage Month