Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What is the modus operandi at bars?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You're kidding right? The one sure thing you'll find in bars, is beer. Not sex. Maybe you have a severe SPELLING problem,yes?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 6
What is the modus operandi at bars?
Posted: 12/4/2010 7:18:55 PM
There are all types of establishments that serve alcohol.

There are bars that have great live music, dancing and are great fun. There are sports bars, where most are there to watch the game/race..whatever. Those can be cliquish, the Bears fans sit with the Bears fans...and talk about the Bears. As a bigtime football fan, I've had great fun at those. Then there are bars, where people go there to drink, and to hit on or get hit on. There is no generic "bar scene".

One-night stands, cheating...ehh...it's no more the "fault" of the people that open a business that serves alcohol than it is the "internet". Both are inanimate "things" that cannot dictate behavior. That said, either can facilitate behavior. People had one-night stands and cheated, and will whether there are bars or the internet around.

The reason I'm saying that is the separation of behavior from opportunity. What is the MO at a bar? What's the MO at a job, standing in line at a store....there isn't. What's the MO of having a profile on this site? Same answer, there isn't, hasn't been and won't ever be.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/4/2010 8:04:27 PM
So when is social interaction such a nebulous phenomena?

We all went to school, we've raised in some family structure and most have made friends. Getting to know someone, your best friend from elementary school, neighborhood....why is "dating" made so many so socially inept? Relationships, while they're not all the same, they're more the same than different. It's interacting with people that you have (family) or have established) friends, some common bond that you both share.

If just befuddles my brain, that when it's "romantic" or "dating" possibility/potential that there is some mindset that it will be something totally different. And people who have formed long-time maybe even allegedly "good" relationships can't extrapolate that to a relationship, IE potential relationship with someone with a potential/possible interest of the opposite sex. AKK...going into my teaching "mode", it's not that different, there is some brain farck that says it has to or should be.

My parents were married 53 years when my father passed. They had "that" relationship, when they were "old", they still held hands, did the crossword and snuck kisses and giggled. They were in love at well over 50 years married, and still like giggly teenagers in love, yes with 5 kids and 16 grandkids and 5 great-grandchildren.

I feel so blessed and fortunate for so many reasons, but had many talks and discussions about love and relationships with my parents. I lived with it and benefited from it. I don't envy, because it was a different generation, but some things are just constant. My dad and mom always respected, loved, and admired each other. I am grateful to have that experience and wisdom.
 colt8301
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/5/2010 5:45:05 AM

I have tried everything but bars. And bars seem like the one sure place where you can find sex. Is that true or just exaggeration? It seems rejection is at the heart of all dating strategies. So I don't see why bars would have any better odds? Should I really give them a try, or forget about this since I am not into drinking at all?

Bars: More competition, More Women.
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2010 9:22:25 AM
There is no shortage of women who want your bod (unless you are an extreme case). There is usually, however, a distinct shortage of women who want your bod whose bod in return you want.

Don't reach for the "fruit high on the tree", unless you are willing to do without for a very long time, for to them YOU are low fruit on the tree.

Guess what? Most people stand on their tippy toes reaching for the high fruit.
 myrgth
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2010 1:00:04 PM
To get laid at a bar all you have to do is wait until closing time, look around and see who is left and then pick one to boink.

These won't be quality selections.

Most bar lays aren't.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/6/2010 6:27:44 PM
When young I used to pull girls at bars.
I met my ex at one.
So don't advise it.

Basicly you gotta go in thinking you're the coolest male on the planet.
(inspite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary)
and keep buying em tequila shots till it's believable.
:-P

BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/7/2010 11:23:02 AM
^^^^ damn you sure are right....he was writing it down word for word!! lol

women don't do douchebags... lol
 Pingshooter
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2010 1:18:20 PM

...The rest is in your hands...

You actually took the time to type all that out? That's amazing, fawking amazing.

One drawback about bar flys..you have no idea who inseminated them last night.

But rest assured, if you get to the level of drunken stupor or the level of horniness needed to grab one of them..if they fancy you again, they will be at there at the same place, same time, same level of intoxication for another bout..you may have to stand in line, if you don't get them early..but if that floats your boat..go for it.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/7/2010 8:28:33 PM
As for girls in groups, come on, someone tell me a success story where one guy bought a group of 3 girls drinks and got laid.

brah....trust me, if you've been around a bit- you'd know how to handle chicks in groups. it ain't about buying chicks drinks. other clowns will do that.

its about having a torpedo.

jco knows about the torpedo...did Mystery ever explain the torpedo to you?

rush- I disagree with you, perhaps you should qualify your statement. its not a matter of your deciding if you "WILL" screw a guy, more of a matter of "would you"....

and just like men, I believe women make that decision at first meet.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/8/2010 12:02:10 AM
lol ya, I called ya brah! on purpose!

if your ways work, then jump on it man.

ya, I agree you let other chumps by girl's drinks...

but you still don't know about the torpedo!

you ain't even ready for that lesson.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/8/2010 2:18:33 PM
^^^^I'm with JC- I'm always open to learning new things about chicks and attraction, etc...

why not? why would you NOT be open to learning more?

hint: girls will come back for clowns, its not so much of a badge of honor that a chick comes back for seconds. its only bad if they do NOT come back for seconds. why do you think chicks are so suceptible to being played?

because they dont' know when to say "no" once they give it up the first time.

Torpedo is advanced technics....

Paint the fence danielson.
 dawntreader10
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/30/2010 5:24:19 AM
rushluv, I find that blanket statement about females in bars REALLLLY offensive. I DO go to bars. And I don't even drink. I DON'T go there to pick up guys. I shoot pool. A lot. So I don't even to to a place that doesn't have at least one table. Sometimes just in the mood to be around a bunch of people in a casual atmosphere, and this would be the ticket for me. Lots of guys put quarters down on the table when I'm in the middle of a game (invitation to play when I'm done with current game), and if I'm not interested, I tell him to take his money back. or I leave it there if I'm interested.
 Caringheart2011
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/17/2011 9:29:29 PM
Dud your posted few years ago, so I wonder if you find a way ?
You are not honest at all. On your profile you are saying: " Here for the forums only"
My azz you are.
You are pathetic really.
 pta1234567
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/19/2011 1:03:53 PM
The easiest place to find girls to pick up is also the hardest. The reason? Well even though bars and clubs offer a dense population of single females in a small amount of space, there is a handful of things that are working against you, such as…

1.****lockers. You think her friends are going to let you sweep her off her feet? You’ll be lucky if you can get in a ten minute conversation before the friend pulls her away.

2. Noise. Especially in the clubs, it can be very hard to have a normal conversation with a girl. So that leaves the dance option available, but talking is the best choice to build a connection. Unless she is attracted to your look she will get bored of dancing and then go on to the next guy.

3. Alcohol. Now this is a double edged sword. On one hand it makes both you and the girl you are talking to more social, but after a certain point the girls will get so drunk so at best you will get a sloppy makeout. It will be rare a drunk girl’s friend will let you take her home (see number 1), and getting her phone number will be useless since she’ll forget about you the next day.

4. Other guys. I still haven’t found a bar that regularly has more girls than guys. Chances are you will be competing against a whole lot of desperate guys and unless you approach often you will be lost in this sea of sausage. It’s not hard to separate yourself from them if you stand out from the crowd with your own style and game, but it does mean you have to put some work into it.

5. Time. Unless you live in a large metropolitan area, the only times you can find a decent number of girls in bars or clubs is on the weekends. So that means you wait the entire week to talk to a girl for a few hour window come Friday night.

Even with all those negative, there are many pick up artists getting laid at nightspots. Lucky for you that 90% of guys have absolutely no game. They just hold the wall up with their warm beer hoping girls talk to them. So..................

Play the numbers. When you are approaching girls in the daytime, it can happen that you get an email or number from each girl you approach, but at night the odds are stacked against you. To battle that you need to concentrate on quantity, especially until you build you game up. Don’t leave the house unless you have an intent to approach at least 10 girls, and actually count as you do your approaches.

Remember you are out to have fun and meet girls. There really is no reason to hesitate approaching or experimenting in a bar or club, the last place where you should be nervous or scared about anything. If you bomb, do you really think the girls are going to remember you a day from now? Even if you get a number after talking to her for 15 minutes they might forget you! Bottom line is to have fun, don’t give a shit, and keep approaching girls.

Approaching is the hardest part of the game. There is nothing natural or easy about walking up to a girl you don't know and talking to her in a way that makes her laugh, builds attraction, and ends with her giving you her phone number. So practice makes perfect. And if at first you don't succeed, there is always another bar down the strip.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >