Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 34
Do You Have a Self-Imposed Age Limit for Dating (or Whatever?)Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Not following...just happened to post behind you.

I was always taught that a woman didn't tell her age or her weight...but then I was also taught that you don't discuss money, politics or religion. Old fashioned upbringing I guess.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 35
Do You Have a Self-Imposed Age Limit for Dating (or Whatever?)
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:14:42 PM
My age limit for "whatever" is different than the one I have for dating....would think that is true for most people.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:13:41 PM
I have no interest in another marriage or more children....maybe all I should look for is "whatevers".....
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:32:38 PM
How can you say mspicky that men mature later than women...emotionally behind ..my.. my...well that is your conclusion.. NOW let me give you mine.. I lived with a 24 yr old for 4 yrs that just ended in January.. (just cause it was time to be over) but let me tell you he was more mature than the man I was married to for over 20 yrs that was 50 when our marriage ended 5 yrs ago.. you keep your conclusion on younger men and I will keep mine .. and in doing that you are going to lose out on some really great experiences with younger guys ..and by the way .. the reason these younger guys like older women is because we act more mature than the females their age ..know what we want and dont play mind games.. so you are wrong in both .. younger females arent all that mature either.. age is just a number ..each person is so different .. you cant be so close minded .. or you are the loser in the situation....and I am 50 and my mom is 94 so how should that work with me
 who_the_fox
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/30/2005 4:54:45 PM
Why is that old guys are always so desperate to convince women that young men are only looking at them as "easy"? I sense a certain "sour grapes" attitude. I am very choosy about who shares my bed....regardless of their age.
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:27:14 AM
...OTTO.....Yes I am VERY PROUD of it . ....you said I was a sex dummy .. and you said look at it comically.. ... just shows me that you know nothing yourself about life or love..... we are both still in love with each other.. always will be ..from the older man I was with for over 20 yrs of my life all I learned was to be insecure about myself and close minded..and not to trust my own intutions.... from the younger man I was with I learned to love my body and my mind ..and myself.... sex toy no..neither of us was ..we fell in love with each other.. if he hadnt came into my life I would hate to think where I would be right now in my life .. you are so lame in your thoughts .. what a shame ..nice dog.. no brainer owner..talk about what you know ....
 who_the_fox
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:51:59 AM
thanks eyze....I need to read posts like yours. Maybe I could develop a little more confidence if I didn't always read such hate mongering
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:05:14 AM
Fox ..I so agree with you on that .. the last few posts on here sounded so bitter (OTTO).. you can read between the lines and tell that ......
 who_the_fox
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:11:19 AM
I get it here and from my bodybuilding buddy and from my Mom....and I start to second guess why the younger guys are interested....I keep telling myself that the young ones are interested for the same reason a man my own age would be interested....and mostly I can ignore the troll voices....but it is a hard thing to overcome sometimes.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:18:11 AM
Shouldn't you be back under the bridge avoiding the sun?
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:31:41 AM
whats the matter OTTO is that all you have to say now.." thanx it was funny".. are you tired of talking about something you know nothing about now.. or are you getting smart and realizing that maybe you should be quiet since FOX and I are both older and have more life experiences than you...(to put it nicely )
 who_the_fox
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:33:57 AM
I think we just have more LIFE period
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:34:45 AM
OTTO you are proof that age is just a number.. most guys I know your age ....well they are so different than you seem to be ......thankfully so
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:36:09 AM
So true FOX.......
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:38:50 AM
and on an earlier post you made FOX the younger guys are interested in us ...because we dont play mind games like the girlies and we know what we want ... but I could go on and on ..
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:24:21 AM
Not true for me ..... my oldest son is 33 and he agrees that men my own age and I dont click.... why in the world would anyone want to live by a slide rule of any kind ..puts too many limitations on your life.. there are so many younger guys out there that have alot more to offer to older women.... and not just the sex toy stuff ..I am talking about more than that ..but most close minded people dont see past the number...
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:37:03 AM
why mspicky thank you for the compliment.. and whats up with you Red .. the whole concept is age is just a number ..NUMBER.. dont limit yourself
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/31/2005 10:19:29 AM
a dragon slayer huh I like that alot ..
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/31/2005 12:46:21 PM
I dont consider it flattery to attract someone younger .... I get plenty of flattery without that from men of all ages ....I have said this before and I will say it again ..I will type slower this time... Life experiences dont necessarily depend upon age.. my ex husband of over 20 yrs well he was 5 yrs older than me was a complete moron about life and how to treat women .. my younger man had more life experiences in his short time here on this planet than most men I have met and was more mature ... as for the word TEMPORARY......... in a relationship no matter what the age who knows what tomorrow will bring for any couple be they the same age or 20 yrs apart in age ...lets get over the attitude that younger means less life experiences ...depends on the person male or female
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/31/2005 12:49:04 PM
Thanks Toronaga ..I am happy..and not hurting anyone... and I really dont gel with men my own age and I have tried ..thanks for your support ..like I said before lets get over the age thing ..its a number dont put everyone in a category because of their age..
 who_the_fox
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/31/2005 1:10:51 PM
I think I need to just hang around POSITIVE people instead of the nay-sayers.

People are always amazed when I tell them how old I am...not guys who are hitting on me...but the women and men I work with and my nail tech etc.

I find that men my own age don't approach me at all in real life...and the men who are interested tend to be between 25 and 35. I have far FAR more in common with that age group than my own...as we share taste in music, fitness, similar points in our careers, general attitudes, etc. A lot of men 45+ are very conservative and settled, they are looking toward retirement in a few years and are not in very good health...
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/31/2005 1:26:21 PM
Sorry ...themaven..I dont have age judgements ....and your first post was negative about younger with older ..as for me I still keep trying with men of all ages...but like I said before older and I dont click.... right now I dont want a relationship ..and by the way... .men my age and younger ALL are attracted to me .. and if like you say everyone doesnt mind or care who someone else is attracted to then why do we have so many forums on here about age...
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/31/2005 1:30:28 PM
fox....you tell it like it is.... I so agree nay-sayers are so close minded ...and like you I get tons of attention from women when they find out my age.. and you are right most men wont approach us in real life ..and I like you have far more in common with that age group ..attitude is the big one.. and you know something I have always said a non bitter..positive attitude keeps you younger and we are proof of that for sure ..
 eyzewideopen
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/31/2005 1:48:54 PM
nice worded post .....but after re reading the things you posted prior well I beg to differ ....but thats cool .. you said alot of things that I guess werent intended to be what they were... you know yourself what they meant .. its all gooooooooooooooooooooood
 who_the_fox
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/31/2005 2:47:14 PM
I wouldn't feel comfy dating a man who LOOKED young enough to be my son....but since people often mistake my son for my bf...that gives me a fair amount of leeway LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >