Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Flipgirl24
Msg: 86
view profile
History
What Should a Man Smell Like ? Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
You can use baking soda to wash your hair (look up 'no poo' hair) or to clean your bathtub.

Men should smell clean...hard to explain but I've dated two guys who had a raunchy natural smell, not BO, just a sour, rancid smell that pervaded any scent they put on. They are mostly why I hate Irish Spring....its overly nauseating scent couldn't mask their odour. Nothing against the guys, there are just some people's chemistry that doesn't work for everyone. I dated another guy who smelled so good regardless of whether he just showered or ran a marathon.

A man should not smell like daisies. I don't care if he's into football or gardening. And some men just pile on the cologne (as women pile on the perfume).
 Paderic
Msg: 87
What Should a Man Smell Like ?
Posted: 2/16/2012 5:32:17 AM
just like vannili said processed foods put alot of stuff in your body that bacteria love to eat when you sweat it out (cause BO is basically those bacteria excreting on your skin). BO comes out of armpits, genital area and chest, mainly the areolas. Those areas secrete not only sweat but fats and proteins that bacteria love to eat. Foods like meat and dairy are harder to digest in our bodies and thus sometimes they putrefy, and then that comes out in your sweat.

Bacteria will consume just about anything organic. Ever see a dead animal in the road? Your digestive tract is loaded with bacteria. So is your skin.

The degree of body odor depends a lot on how much a person perspires. If I am sedentary, I don't need a shower every day. However, I go to the gym almost every day and perspire heavily, so I need a shower and change of clothing daily. Don't assume that because you once were able to go three days without a shower it means you can go three days all the time.

Bad sinuses can cause a nasty odor. It smells like super bad breath, except the person has good oral hygene.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:45:53 AM
I shower will body wash and with Irish Spring soap and use degree deodorant daily. Give me a break man. Some days I use Swiss Army cologne.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:37:55 PM
He should smell like leather and horses and sweat and tobacco and sandalwood, sundried cotton, cucumbers, old cars, sex and dirt.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >