Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How is the weather affecting you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bookbelle
Msg: 4
view profile
History
How is the weather affecting you?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I made it home to London for Christmas!

Got to the bus station in Aberdeen an hour early, because I didn't want to risk being late (although I did buy a day ticket, in case Megabus cancelled and I had to turn round and go back to my house).
We left Aberdeen at 7:15am... and arrived at London Victoria a little after midnight! (Usually get there around 8-9pm on that journey.)
At one point, we moved 25 miles in 3 hours on the motorway as we got closer to London, so the driver took us on a detour round by Bedford. I'm glad he did... if he hadn't, it would have been 6am the next morning by the time we got there!

I had to get a train from Victoria... but didn't actually have to pay! The ticket machines at Victoria were off, the cash machines were broken... my friend and I asked at the ticket office, and the man said to just get on a train and pay on board. Well, there was no member of staff on the train selling tickets, and when we got to our station, the barriers were open and unmanned so we just waltzed straight through!

I'm planning on leaving the house as rarely as possible over the holidays... methinks I'll just hibernate in my room!
 badge73
Msg: 5
view profile
History
How is the weather affecting you?
Posted: 12/21/2010 6:37:29 AM

I just arrived Worcs from Dorset in about 3 hrs in varying weathers through different counties and that was exercising caution on the roads, but i would advise anyone travelling to watch out for every other a$$hole on the road who seem to make no allowance for the road conditions, speed limits or the safety of others.

good to see you made it to gods orchard

currently i have an icicle outside my kitchen window which is just over 3ft long. as the window is around 30 ft in the air, i thought it would amuse me if i put a five pound note underneath. as soon as the note gets picked up by a chav then bang the window.

Lorri55
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2010 3:25:49 PM
well........up here in Scotland there seems to have been a bit of a rise in temperature within the last couple of days.
After 3 weeks of battling through snow and going to bed with five layers on top , bed socks and a hot water bottle, heating on 24 hours a day, I am pleased to report that I am back to just my duvet and a smile.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:00:11 AM
When I lived in Cornwall, the Scottish weather followed me - Cornwall was shut off completely at one point, the bridge and road route were both closed due to snow - it was 28 years ago though haha.

The navy base was on minimum staff but it didn't stop the Scottish guys getting around. I was even out with my daughter in her pram and away down to the shops - only to find most of them shut :o)
 fleursky
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 10:26:58 AM
We've had snow/ice/snow/ice for the last week and now threatening to snow again over this weekend. I LOVE IT :)
It's not affected me at all. Instead of taking 40 minutes to walk to work it's now taking me over an hour trudging through it in my snow boots and it's great crunching and kicking the snow as I go along.
I've had fun outside with the grandchildren at the weekend and keep looking out the window as soon as I wake up hoping for more.
I find it quite amusing that the country can't cope.
Yes my house is cold, refuse to run my heating bill up by having it on all the time. Nothing wrong with a hot water bottle, hot bath and wrapping up in blankets. Blimey when I was growing up we didn't have central heating or double glazing, I remember the icicles on the inside of my bedroom windows.
Makes me laugh how soft people have become nowadays.

My son on the other hand is a bit peeved as he's a roofer so obviously losing money as he can't work but he's still a big kid at heart & out there having fun in the snow before it all goes :)
 Lorri55
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 1:31:54 PM
Nothing that 3 duvets and a hot water bottle can't sort!
We have had a fair bit of snow, have a family of snowmen in the garden but the roads have been well gritted and I have been able to get to and from work ok.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:52:57 PM
my discovery loves it hahaha :O)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How is the weather affecting you?