Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 egowitch
Msg: 65
Christmas Cheer?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I generally agree with other posters here - good comments.

I'm also thinking that isn't the point of giving a gift to be ... well ... GIVING ? And to do it without expectations of "getting one back" ?

Yes - it was thoughtful of you , though perhaps abit premature. But hey - it was YOUR choice.

I'd say relax , let things unfold at their own pace. Try not to over think all this .

While he's away - maybe he'll miss you ! You may have a great reunion then !

charlie_girl_2
Msg: 67
Christmas Cheer?
Posted: 11/14/2011 9:14:05 AM
Why resurrect a thread about something that occurred or didn't occur last year? Besides that, the OP has long since exited POF stage right!

However, gifts at Christmas, IMO, should be for someone you are in a relationship with, not following a date or two, and certainly not several months in advance! I am not referring to all those others who have entered our lives and our hearts, such as family and friends.

BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 69
Christmas Cheer?
Posted: 11/23/2012 6:21:35 PM
This is the reason why people should not get intimate right b4 the Holidays...it causes all kinds of situations that can lead to resentments...
 CheezyChick
Msg: 70
Christmas Cheer?
Posted: 11/23/2012 6:22:58 PM
A true gift is given with the intention of 'giving', not 'getting. Period.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 71
Christmas Cheer?
Posted: 11/23/2012 7:47:26 PM
Exactly..

I am thinking about this right now.

I already know what i want to get my guy and that won't change if things change in certain areas of our relationship. Although I do not think they will.

I don't expect anything back from him.

We will be just past the 2 month mark when Christmas hits and he's going out of town. So it's a similar situation. I'm just gonna follow my heart and let him take the lead.

What else can you do?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >