Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > The Republicans Single Greatest Problem as a Party      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 professora
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Republican PartyPage 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
What i read here leads me to believe all republicans are rich.

Rich is far from my income but the dems give away what little I earn.

Are there republicans out there in POF land who support Ted Cruz? We cant be in for another bush! The dems dont have anyone that will be effective.

Hilary is too old and after Ben G. she cannot be trusted.

Any thoughts?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 219
Republican Party
Posted: 10/27/2014 7:35:46 PM

Any thoughts?

Yep!

Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders,
 trinity818
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Republican Party
Posted: 10/28/2014 4:31:14 AM

We cant be in for another bush!

I don't know... It seems that Jeb is looking to be a likely contender. Wonder how he will distance himself from "big brother".

Perhaps you know more about this issue than I. Didn't he hand out vouchers for private education to remove students from "low-performing" schools? (As opposed to spending money on those schools to provide a decent education for all?) Is this an accurate depiction of his actions?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 221
Republican Party
Posted: 10/28/2014 12:57:00 PM

Jeb is a moderate republican.

Over in the Palin thread-Eric called every moderate republican a RINO....Jebs not electable by the extremist conservative line of thinking....he might-gasp-compromise on some piece of legislation-gasp....
 trinity818
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Republican Party
Posted: 10/28/2014 2:29:17 PM

I'm a Republican. And I'm not the only one who feels that way
This is a quote from me from back in 2011 (somewhere around #154). I was debating with another poster about the need for "moderate Republicans". So I guess being called a RINO would have pissed me off back then. 4rumninja used to often repeat that moderate Republicans lacked conviction. It was this line of thinking that drove me out of the party. I simply could no longer self-identify with the ideals they put forth. It was not a easy transition since my entire family, most friends, bosses and co-workers are Republicans. To be honest, I generally keep my views to myself because I don't feel a need or desire to debate my beliefs.

I've been a registered Independent for at least 2 years now. I'll admit that I'm not thrilled to be labeled as "right-leaning" or "left-leaning", considering I can lean either direction depending on the subject at hand.

But I know I don't like Jeb Bush. I didn't like him as our governor. I am however, a big Charlie Christ fan. He sticks with his convictions and to hell with the party line.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 223
Republican Party
Posted: 10/28/2014 3:19:21 PM

I am however, a big Charlie Christ fan. He sticks with his convictions and to hell with the party line.

Well, I dunno know how I really feel about Governor Christ. I do know that AI applaud his move from an outcast moderate republican to the democrat party. I've never read the book, but I love the title Christ chose: " The Party's Over: How the Extreme Right Hijacked the GOP and I Became a Democrat"

Somewhere between giving away the candy store and "let em eat dirt" there must be middle ground.
 professora
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Republican Party
Posted: 5/14/2015 6:05:19 PM
only one thinker.

hummm

interesting
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Republican Party
Posted: 5/23/2015 3:00:57 PM
A slightly newer aspect of the GOP's self-limitation, is that they have spent most of their time and effort simply opposing other people's solutions to things, and made no counter proposals at all.

Lots of attacks on the ACA (which I never liked either, but it was SOMETHING, and the republicans proposed NOTHING). Lots of attacks complaining that foreign policy is off track, lots of opposition to regulation of business, and lots of claims that Global Warming either isn't happening, or that they don't like proposed ways to combat it, but no counter-proposals to address any of the problems.

I suspect that this is why the GOP gets plenty of cheers when they make their anti-this and anti-that speeches, but the support at the polls flags for national leadership. Just my opinion but I think what most people want, is for problems to be positively addressed. Not just fussed about. And a political strategy of being coy will work as long as people are upset with what the people in power are doing, and you might sweep into majority positions, but you wont stay there, unless you actually ACT.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 226
Republican Party
Posted: 5/24/2015 9:51:02 AM
In spite of all the problems the Republican party has, they have one big asset: the Citizens United decision. Money wins 90% of the time, and they're going to be swimming in cash.

It looks like Republican victories for as far as I can see.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > The Republicans Single Greatest Problem as a Party