Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > The Republicans Single Greatest Problem as a Party      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EarlzP
Msg: 76
view profile
History
The Republicans Single Greatest Problem as a PartyPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

There may be other ways to ensure that an unwanted child receives the care needed to survive and have an opportunity to be all that he or she can be, maybe the right to lifers would all agree to adopt an unwanted child and provide the environment needed to give that child an opportunity not only to be born but to achieve all that he or she can be

If the parent(s) cannot afford to feed, clothe, house, educate, and medically care for the children then they should be thrown in jail for child neglect and undergo forced sterilization. They lose custody of the children, who are made wards of the state until they reach 18 years old. Upon reaching 18 they are put into the military for 6 years where they can pay off their debt to society.

The children born into proverty had no control over who their birth parents would be and have no debt to pay off.

I believe that the parents "father and mother" of these children that are receiveing assistance should have to work at some type of job whether it's policing up the road side or working in the fields, the incentive for bringing children into the world that they can not afford to give proper care to needs to be eliminated, putting those parents in jail only increase the costs to the taxpayer.
 CountIbli
Msg: 77
The Republicans Single Greatest Problem as a Party
Posted: 2/8/2011 9:44:43 AM

The children born into proverty had no control over who their birth parents would be and have no debt to pay off.

Being raised on the government dole is the debt.

I believe that the parents "father and mother" of these children that are receiveing assistance...

Let me stop you right there, because that's the problem. They shouldn't be receiving assistance and they shouldn't be making babies that they can't financially support.

putting those parents in jail only increase the costs to the taxpayer.

Put them to work making license plates and picking up trash.
 cotter
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 10:30:48 AM

One of ... The Republicans Single Greatest Problem as a Party
Promoting the idea that it could ever be cheaper (or more productive) to make children of needy parents the ward of the state and raise them in that way for 18 years as opposed to helping the parents with food and housing and/or helping them better themselves and promote the idea of getting a job once they have secured a little state-sponsored training.

I know a lot of children who were raised on public assistance who went on to become quite successful ... and I know plenty of children who were made wards of the state and bounced around from one home to another who are now serving time in jails and prisons. Hint ... they became permanent wards of the state.

My neighbor who has been on public assistance for quite some time just (while working and trying to support a family) finally got a job that "public assistance" trained him for several years ago. But until that job opened up for him, public assistance helped him out ... the children stayed in the home with their parents and now they no longer need the public assistance.

What would have become of that family without the help they got? What would have become of those children? I thought the Republican Party was supposed to be more "family oriented".
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/8/2011 4:17:59 PM

Being raised on the government dole is the debt.

How much does that cost US tax payers each year?
 EarlzP
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 5:25:23 PM

I know a lot of children who were raised on public assistance who went on to become quite successful ... and I know plenty of children who were made wards of the state and bounced around from one home to another who are now serving time in jails and prisons. Hint ... they became permanent wards of the state.

My father and step mother both middle class democrats took in over 300 foster children, they adopted 4, most of those children came from a parent{s} who were not fit to raise childen and were much better off as wards of the state. My three adopted sisters and adopted brother all went on to become well adjusted contributing members of society.

A childs best interest should always be the deciding factor as to whether they stay with a birth parent or they are raised by the state, In the case of where a birth parent can provide a healthy enviroment for the child the birth parent should raise the child. If the birth parent works the state or federal government should provide assistance to help the parent maintain an enviroment that allows the child to receive good food, clothing and shelter. If the birth parent does not work the state or federal government should give that parent a choice of school or a job, the cycle of assistance needs to be broken, parents have to provide a good role model for their children, working responsible parents set a good example

All schools need to be upgraded to ensure that every child regardless of family income has an opportunity to receive a quality education. No child should ever go without medical care.

I worked for a family putting down laminate flooring they had 17 foster children, When I saw all of the children I would have to work around I had visions of a disaster. I was amazed the first morning that I arrived to see each and every one of those children carrying out a task before they left for school, those children were all very well mannered and seemed perfectly adjusted and happy in their enviroment. Foster homes can provide a healthy loving environment for needy children

I think a woman should have the right of choice but more importantly every child should be raised an a enviroment that will give them a chance to escape the cycle of poverty
 cotter
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 6:58:14 PM

My father and step mother both middle class democrats took in over 300 foster children, they adopted 4, most of those children came from a parent{s} who were not fit to raise childen and were much better off as wards of the state. My three adopted sisters and adopted brother all went on to become well adjusted contributing members of society.
Yes ... they were lucky. If your parents are still alive ... give them my blessing.

I have a patient who is the 13th special needs child who was adopted by his parents who have 4 of their own children. All of my patient's siblings are about the luckiest children in the world. There are still 8 special needs children in the household (my patient is one) and none of them will ever be able to fend for themself.

Of the four girls, three are in diapers and in wheelchairs and are incapable of communicating their needs to the outside world. The fourth girl is so psychologically handicapped, it will be a miracle if she does not become a ward of the state (in jail or prison) before her 25th birthday.

Of the four boys, two cannot communicate but all can walk and feed themselves and only one is still totally in diapers. My patient is so mentally handicapped that he will probably never test out above the 4th or 5th grade but is very mechanically gifted. Unfortunately, his lack of reading abilities will probably keep him from ever getting a job where he will be able to support himself the way he needs to in order to be able to afford the medications he needs to stay alive. He has CF.

His parents also fostered numerous special needs children over the years ... too many to count.

My point in my original post about promoting the idea of taking all such children away from their parents and making them all wards of the state is that while some get very lucky and find parents who care, most are just tossed from foster home to foster home for no other reason but that the state makes it quite lucrative to take in foster children and often those who do take them in are doing it just to supplement their income ... not because they care a snitch about the children.

Note I mentioned "lucrative" ... and that's why I said I thought it would be cheaper for us to consider leaving children of needy parents (who often don't really understand birth control) with their parents and just helping the parents get back on their feet ... whether through job training or just helping them through a rough time.

I don't think the Republicans understand that.
 CountIbli
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/9/2011 6:36:47 PM

Promoting the idea that it could ever be cheaper (or more productive) to make children of needy parents the ward of the state and raise them in that way for 18 years as opposed to helping the parents with food and housing and/or helping them better themselves and promote the idea of getting a job once they have secured a little state-sponsored training.

The "needy" parents are completely irresponsible if they bring children into the world that they can't care for. The prisons are filled with sons and daughters of parents who couldn't provide for them (78% of the prison population grew up in fatherless homes). They would have done much better as wards of the state who then served in the military.
 EarlzP
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2011 8:22:53 PM

The "needy" parents are completely irresponsible if they bring children into the world that they can't care for. The prisons are filled with sons and daughters of parents who couldn't provide for them (78% of the prison population grew up in fatherless homes). They would have done much better as wards of the state who then served in the military.

Again children can not pick their biological parents and should not be required to do any thing that a child born into this world to parents who can provide for them. Can you actually want to bring back endentured servants?

Some how the cycle needs to be broken so that every child born has at the least the basic requirements needed to grow into a contributing adult. Just brain storming but maybe if a parent is collecting welfare they should be required to use a birth control method administered by a doctor or nurse like Depo-Provera which is a shot that prevents pregnancy for 11 to 13 weeks, if the parent(s) are able to show proof that they can provide for another child then they should be able to come off of assistance

The good of the child always must be the deciding factor as to whether they remain with a birth parent, if a child is removed from the birth parent(s) that child will remain a ward of the state until the parents can prove they have the means and ability to provide a stable healthy environment for the child.
 4rumninja
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/10/2011 4:31:57 AM
Right, so are Colleges and work places........
 Imported_labor
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/10/2011 5:34:22 AM
That idea of making children of parents who can't afford to support them wards of the state until they can we conscripted into the military sounds very much like an idea of 19th century decaying empires. I think that the world has run out places where the countries with excess military can send them to conquer and pillage.

Nowadays we know what happens when the military personnel comes back home. Many wounded veterans will never be able to work. Others will return with their mind destroyed by the war experiences and a bunch of them will be borderline sociopaths and/or psychopaths, just one little incident away that would trigger their rage.

It doesn't save any costs to society, you are only prolonging the expenditures on people who may end up not ever adjusting to live in a democratic society after having experienced the treatment received as a ward of the state and as a conscripted soldier.

It sounds like a retrograd idea. The british tried it and they had a little success, but that was when there were still places on earth that could be had by force. As the world stands now, it sounds more like something that would be tried by the czars in Russia or any other decaying empire in their futile attempts to avoid the total collapse that was coming.
 trinity818
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2011 6:16:59 AM

Both parties have their share of haters. The Democrat party is full of people who hate Christians, conservatives, libertarians, and evil rich white Republicans.

Please cite source.

The POF forums. (that's a joke... in case you intellects miss it.)

I feel alienated from both parties. I've always been more of an independent, but then if I register that way, I can't vote in any primary elections. The only reason I registered as a Republican is that I wanted to do my part to keep them from going too far right. I'm ready to give up on that concept.

We need a third party for moderates and to move away from extremism. If this country keeps on this path to polarization, we will eventually implode.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2011 11:07:48 AM
America wants and needs its birth control and abortions. People who want or need abortions, and do not get them, are a major source or social problems. Funding them saves an immense amount of money!

If the G.O.P. lets itself enter a campaign carrying the anti-abortion (or anti-choice) flag, THAT will be their biggest single problem. I have always been willing to help people get abortions they want, including driving them to other cities and lending them money. And I have ZERO impregnations; I kept track.
ED BEAR
 trinity818
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2011 11:38:21 AM

If the G.O.P. lets itself enter a campaign carrying the anti-abortion (or anti-choice) flag, THAT will be their biggest single problem.

I have to agree with this 100%.
 cotter
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2011 3:07:13 PM
^^^^

If the G.O.P. lets itself enter a campaign carrying the anti-abortion (or anti-choice) flag, THAT will be their biggest single problem.

I also agree 100%.
 EarlzP
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2011 5:17:51 PM

I also agree 100%.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americans-pro-life-than-pro-choice-first-time.aspx

PRINCETON, NJ -- A new Gallup Poll, conducted May 7-10, finds 51% of Americans calling themselves "pro-life" on the issue of abortion and 42% "pro-choice." This is the first time a majority of U.S. adults have identified themselves as pro-life since Gallup began asking this question in 1995.

According to this gallup pole it appears that the republicans pro life stance will not be their biggest problem.

When a party picks a presidental team that consists of a nominee " John McCain" who stood by and watched as senior citizens had their life savings stolen by Keating

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five

And has a vice presidental nominee "Sarah Palin" who has a very bad memory problem or just lies I would say that party and our country has a problem

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/11/ap-fact-check-no-death-pa_n_256486.html
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/27/2011 7:32:28 AM
I would say this sums up what many people are feeling.

Go Screw Yourself
[iFri Feb 25, 2011 at 01:48 PM EST

My girlfriend has been teaching in the Middletown Ohio school district nearly two decades. Thanks to the new Republican Governor, she has been told today that her school is closing and that she's out of a job next year. Maybe she'll keep her job yet, but even this threat is enough. Watching her cry makes me sick of anyone who voted Republican in Ohio. If you did, please go screw yourself.

Republicans in other states are trying to strip workers of rights. Wisconsin. Indiana. Iowa. If you voted for any of these Republicans, please go screw yourself.

You may find faults in unions, but they have done far more good than bad and continue to do so. Do you work weekends? If not, thank a union whether you belong to one or not. Do you have to work 70 hours per week for poverty pay? If not, thank a union. Is your workplace fairly safe? If so, thank a union. Got benefits? Thank a union. They are the ONLY powerful organized force against the likes of the super rich **stards like the Koch Brothers, or the megabanks, or the monster oil companies. And that's why Republicans want them gone. If you think unions are a problem, please go screw yourself. You will be screwed anyway without unions around you.

Our current economic mess is the result of four main factors:

1. Fiinancial deregulation and worship of huge companies, thanks mainly to Republicans and some enablers like Clinton. Clinton, you did some good, but go screw yourself. The deregulation has led to one huge disaster and bailout after another. So screw you Republicans and Democratic enablers for all the tax breaks your CEO buddies get. And for propping up the oil and coal industries so that alternative energies can't get going, so that we end up with environmental disasters and having to go to war for oil. And hey, screw you Obama for not breaking up the banks when you had a chance and for Timothy Geithner. Seriously, screw you.

2. Wars. That would be you, GWB. Please go screw yourself. That would be nearly all Republicans and too many Democrats. Screw all of you who think the Iraq War was something awesome. It just killed people, allowed Iran to run Iraq, and cost us trillions. Trillions that could have helped Americans. Obama? Screw you for taking the easy way out in Afghanistan.

3. Tax breaks for the rich. Go screw yourselves, Republicans. And you too John Kerry and a few others for voting for this crap.

4. Out of control health care costs (which is WHY Medicare and Medicaid become expensive). Screw you, Republicans, for doing nothing to reign them in, for constantly enabling the vulture insurance companies. Screw all of you who are against Obama's attempt to fix this. But don't hurt yourself while screwing yourself because your insurance company will probably just dump you.

Do you ever notice that Republicans preach sacrifice, but it never means for themselves? It means for the average working Joe. For unions. For immigrants. For brown people. In other words, for those who don't vote Republican. It's never for the rich, or for the huge corporations. If you vote Republican, go screw yourself.

Thirty years of Republican policies have made America worse. We now lag in most every way except gun crime. Hey, gun nuts? Go screw yourselves. Go find the data on salaries in constant dollars. You'll find that since Reagan, the super rich have seen their wealth go up a huge amount. The other 90%? It's actually went down. That's right. Your MOM and DAD were better off than you. Congrats , Republicans, on producing the first American generation worse off than their parents. And by the way, go screw yourselves.

For those of you who think teachers and teacher's unions are a problem, go screw yourselves. They are on the front lines every day, making modest pay, doing a multitude of jobs with all kinds of kids (some nearly impossible to teach or even control). They work tons of overtime 10 months of the year for no extra pay, yet you whine because they get summers off. They spend money from their own pockets to supply the classroom. Clueless politicians and anti-teacher jerks without one minute of actual teaching experience tell them how to teach and change their methods every two years, jamming these methods down the teachers' throats. They are threatened with loss of school money or even their jobs if they don't manage to get standardized test scores up. Nevermind that their kids enter the school wholly unprepared to learn, thanks to their family life or the poverty they live in. (For those of you doing nothing to alleviate poverty, mainly Republicans, go screw yourselves.) So much time is now spent on teaching for tests that teachers don't even get to have any fun with their students nor can they impart the joy of learning. It's all about the next standardized exam. Meanwhile, PE goes away. Art goes away. Extra-curricular activities go away. Fun goes away. Then people advocate for private schools who have the luxury of having relatively well-off kids with parents who want them to learn, and still they rarely ever do any better. To those of you who think public schools are a problem, go screw yourselves. You like taking money away from the schools? Go screw yourself. And screw President Obama for his absolutely horrible education policies, just more of the same Bush-like standardized testing and anti-teacher crap. Screw you, Obama.

Republican pundits and politicians like Rush Limbaugh and Newt Gingrich get married and divorced and married and divorced repeatedly, and they have affairs while married. Yet they are seen, by Republicans, as standard bearers of morality, deciding who should get married and who shouldn't. They don't want gays to marry because that will hurt man-woman marriage. Seriously? You can't stay married or faithful yourself, but gay marriage will cause a problem? Homophobes, mainly Republicans, can go screw themselves.

Screw all the lying jerks at Fox, promoting hatred against gays, against blacks, against immigrants, against the poor, against Muslims. Go screw yourselves. If you watch Fox or listen to Limbaugh, please go screw yourself.

CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, the Washington Post, The New York Times, Sunday morning talk shows and everyone else in the media? Go screw yourselves. You spend so much time either parroting idiotic quotes from politicans (mainly "serious" Republicans) and trying to show "both sides of an issue" that you don't bother with facts. Global warming? Let's balance one of the 999 scientists who understand global warming with one of the three Republican-funded hacks who deny it as though there really some question about it all. Evolution? Do the same. Hey media, go screw yourself.

Seriously, I could go on and on. But basically, if you are a Republican, go screw yourself.

Updated by chemsmith at Fri Feb 25, 2011, 03:01:52 PM

JustJennifer, in one of her comments:

I will add a go screw yourself to the Republicans for trying to decide what the women in this country can do before they screw someone (birth control), how we can check to see if they have been given something (STD screening), and what we can or cannot do if we end up pregnant. Stay out of my sex life, my reproductive life, and just my life in general. ***holes.

Updated by chemsmith at Fri Feb 25, 2011, 0317 PM

Just to clarify, in my mind Obama has been a fantastic President in many ways. Without him, America would be WAY worse off. A diary of his accomplishments would be longer than this diary is. But I call them like I see them, and in these few ways he has failed America. Yes I understand the politics of the situations, but that doesn't make it right.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/25/949753/-Go-Screw-Yourself
 EarlzP
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2011 10:17:28 AM
I would say this sums up what many people are feeling.

Good rant I would add at least one thing, it's time to hold any and all elected politicians responsible for the distortions, fabrications and lies they tell, their is no justifiable reason to lie not even ignorance. If a politician lies it time for that public servant to move on without benefits

Think of how much money we could save if we just get rid of the liars, fabricators and distortionist, I wonder how many politicians would be left
 CountIbli
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/27/2011 3:25:47 PM

Think of how much money we could save if we just get rid of the liars, fabricators and distortionist, I wonder how many politicians would be left.

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. Maybe Rand Paul too, but I'm not entirely comfortable with him. I can't think of any others.
 EarlzP
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2011 3:59:00 PM

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. Maybe Rand Paul too, but I'm not entirely comfortable with him. I can't think of any others.

I am not going to take issue with you on the people above but it's not that hard to fact check them, all potential public servants should feel a very strong desire to be as honest as they can with the facts that are available to them, that strong desire will only be cultivated when we call them out, going to factcheck, or politifact is an easy way to check on your personal choice for office
 4rumninja
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/28/2011 5:41:37 AM
About the Origin of Politifact...
Nelson Poynter-
a liberal in a conservative community, an innovator in a sometimes stand-pat industry, a loner in a field increasingly dominated by chains.
He was damned as a Communist, a fool and a meddler, praised as a patriot, a genius and a visionary.
He championed labor unions and the right to organize

The best way to check out potential public servants is to view their voting records, read interviews they have given, read anything that they have written,listen to statements that they make ....etc...
 EarlzP
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2011 7:13:44 AM

The best way to check out potential public servants is to view their voting records, read interviews they have given, read anything that they have written,listen to statements that they make ....etc...

The only thing that would be revelant would be their voting records, I am not pointing out any party, if you believe every thing they say or write you are relying on information that may or may not be accurate. Some times they make honest mistakes some times they distort and fabricate and some times they just lie. We should not have to sort through every thing we hear from the representatives we elect to represent us.

Unfortunately we have become a nation that just grabs on to what we want to hear and swears that it is the gospel. If you question Politifact go to factcheck or find another source to support your opinion
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/1/2011 6:46:37 AM

...The Republicans Single Greatest Problem as a Party...

Spending much of your time criticizing the democrats with regards to job creation and then when you get elected you pull this crap:

Economist predicts GOP cuts would cost 700,000 jobs

A report by economist Mark Zandi from Moody’s says that Republicans’ plan to cut spending would cost 700,000 jobs through 2012, the Washington Post reports.

Republicans, however, are pushing back, trying to discredit Zandi (who was an economic adviser to John McCain's campaign), calling him the "chief architect" of the stimulus.

"When considering the latest study from Mark Zandi on the GOP’s efforts to rein in government spending, let’s not forget that he was the chief architect of the Democrats’ failed stimulus plan," wrote Brian Patrick, a spokesman for Majority Leader Eric Cantor. "Even as unemployment climbed into the double digits, Mr. Zandi continued to defend this failed policy. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that he would come out against the GOP’s common-sense efforts to put an end to more stimulus-style spending."

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/28/6154372-economist-predicts-gop-cuts-would-cost-700000-jobs
 CountIbli
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/1/2011 9:48:59 PM

Spending much of your time criticizing the democrats with regards to job creation and then when you get elected you pull this crap:

As near as I can tell this figure is based on the patently false notion that the government can suck money out of the private sector without effecting the private sector's ability to create jobs. Once you factor in government waste, fraud, and misallocation of resources government always destroy more jobs than it creates.
 CountIbli
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/1/2011 9:59:19 PM

The only thing that would be revelant would be their voting records, I am not pointing out any party, if you believe every thing they say or write you are relying on information that may or may not be accurate.

The tricky thing about checking the voting record is that you actually have to read the bills. And they can be hundreds or thousands of pages long. Someone might vote for or against a bill based not on the general goals of the bill (which they may or may not agree with), but on some piece of unrelated legislation that was inserted.
 4rumninja
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/2/2011 4:59:31 AM

This is the same guy who predicted this "As Figure 1 shows, even with the large prototypical package, the
unemployment rate in 2010Q4 is predicted to be approximately 7.0%, which is well below the approximately 8.8% that would result in the absence of a plan.1"

The analysis he employed was based on GDP expectations so based on the actual unemployment rates for 2010 and for this quarter of 2011 the GDP growth that was forecasted in his report was also incorrect."The total effect on jobs is then estimated using the 1% of GDP equals 1 million jobs rule of thumb."

Mark Zandi is also a registered Democrat.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > The Republicans Single Greatest Problem as a Party