Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bennett111
Msg: 22
is Evow faking emails to get people to pay the fees?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
these three beautiful women on evow sent me messages. they had almost the exact same bio's. They give me their number, do not even live in the same state, and will not talk over the phone. When i check my inbox their messages are gone and i cant find them anywhere. When im not on evow for a long time thats when i get these women wanting to meet. Their is something fishy going on and im insulted that evow thinks im that dumb. ***holes.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 23
view profile
History
is Evow faking emails to get people to pay the fees?
Posted: 4/5/2013 10:13:35 AM
I've been spam bot bombed on there a couple times. where someone messages you and they look like they are legit people with a couple pictures and a paragraph about themselves etc.. but when you read the message they send to you they ask for you to contact them outside the website via e-mail and if you do then you will get a lot of spam from them in your e-mail inbox that you used to send them a message with. Seems like spam bot profiles are become more and more popular with spam artist on dating sites now.
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/5/2013 4:33:39 PM
Yall pay for evow?
I read my messages but Ive not paid.
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/5/2013 7:29:13 PM
What I don't understand about Evow is, that it was created by POF as a site for people seriously looking for a relationship. So, naturally they advertised it a ton to current POF members. Which would explain why you see all the same faces there. I don't think a paid site or any site that states it is for people seeking a serious relationship makes one bit of difference in regards to the quality of people on it. If you're an ***hole, you're an ***hole, period. The only problem with dating sites aside from the fakes which are quite easy to see is the people themselves. No matter what the criteria is free or paid, there will still be players, flakes, liars, fakes, or whatever else you can come up with. When I first saw the e mail from Marcus sent to me on POF, inviting me to join e vow, I was pissed. I see it as just another way for him to cash in on a dating site. I have absolutely no interest in joining any dating site that I have to pay for and I sure as hell don't want his spam delivered to my POF mail box when I already pay him so I don't have to see the goddamn ads.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 2:32:25 PM
Well, if one IS looking for a partner who has and/or is willing to spend lots of cash, a pay site will filter out the cautious or frugal ones.

But would one want a long-term partner (I'm talking EVOW here, which targets LTRs) who was headed for TILL DEBT DO US PART?
ED BEAR
 artsyladybev
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/19/2014 4:27:04 PM
Fake...phony messages and trying to charge you to read messages for fees. Bait and switch. Playing on the lonely hearts. Most of the men and photos are from out of state and phony as poop.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >