Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > increasing numbers of women are marrying men for their money      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fleuron
Msg: 453
increasing numbers of women are marrying men for their moneyPage 18 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
^^^
In any event, my job would be given to a female who could only type 40 words per minute. Why? She's more attractive than I am? Well Duh, she's a woman!

So get a job typing for a woman. Problem solved.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 454
increasing numbers of women are marrying men for their money
Posted: 9/12/2011 12:09:10 PM

I suspect people always have, and always will, take their potential mate’s financial condition and earning potential into consideration when getting married.

I agree.

Yes and men should start doing as well as traditionally that is not the norm.

I am all for equal and independence for women......Just understand that means in all areas not just just the ones they want to pick and choose.
 jmark4
Msg: 455
Posted: 9/13/2011 2:16:54 AM
of course women marry for money. They still get off on money and power.

Hugh Hefner uses a cane sometimes to walk but he has young blond teens and 21 year olds knocking on his door to be his mistress or girlfriend or whatever.

You dont see a lot of rich guys with ugly women.
 happybunny8
Msg: 456
Posted: 9/13/2011 4:20:53 AM
And men marry for sex. Big freaking surprise. When are we going to talk about something different on here?

cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 457
Posted: 9/13/2011 6:02:05 AM

And men marry for sex. Big freaking surprise. When are we going to talk about something different on here?

If this statement is true then the irony is that wedding cake removes all sex drive from females.

Actually on topic of course they marry for money nothing new there the past 25 thousand years.

Guys if you want something different then you are going to have to do something different.

Date on your terms, decide what you want, if you feel she is more interested in your money than you kick her to the curb.

There is a very small percentage of ladies out there that while they want to be provided for, that is not the most important thing to them.

That is why I have adopted a completely different dating style than I use to have. The good ones are hard to find......But that is okay I would rather be single than to be married to another like my last wife.

My point is if you really want something different than what you have been getting then you need to do something different.

If you're attracting the women that have money at the top of the list then ask yourself why.

If the bait you are using is just catching sucker fish change the bait.....or where you cast your line.....or any other of the variables you control.
 infiniteperfection
Msg: 458
Posted: 9/16/2011 1:12:20 AM
You can't really talk about this to women. It's foreign to their brains.

They think giving (money) = love (emotional attachment) . So if men give them a lot, they think he loves them a lot. Lack of giving means lack of trust and love.

Also women want power and social standing in society. These things are very important to people and women get this by taking control of a man.
 infiniteperfection
Msg: 459
Posted: 9/16/2011 1:25:42 AM
You also have to remember that women lack physical strength. So they are helpless and vulnerable in the jungle. To cope they have developed more cunning, evil and better at reading non-verbal communication. They also see better in the dark, and have greater pain tolerance than men. So they are a worthy opponent in this game of life.

If you want to get lots of women and you are just regular guy.

1. Be a musician.

2. Fork out the cash to get them to hang with you.

3. Date single moms. They are so easy to get on this site.

Cheers!

Also remember,

Once you get it in, you get total control of them. Now you can use and abuse the f*ck out of them and they are helpless, yah!!

:)
 kinley68
Msg: 460
Posted: 9/16/2011 8:49:57 PM
I've believed for awhile now that one of the primary reasons women marry is for financial security. This is the way of the world. I'm not suggesting they do not care about their husbands, just that financial security is the primary goal. I've never been married, and I would not marry somone with no ambition, no education, no resources and no way to support himself. (This is only my opinion; but I think those issues raise red flags about someone's character). I can make my own money, I don't need his, but he should have some. On the flip side, if a woman is with a man ONLY because of $$$$, he is the only person who can change it. Many times the men choose to be the "victim" because they want a pretty girl on their arm...you'll get no sympathy from me there. Good topic!
 sushisue
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2011 11:00:16 PM
LOL...where are these men with all this money? Didn't find any when I was younger and don't know any now. I think this is another sterotype. Anna Nicole and the Geezer were certainly amusing but not the norm.
 SC67
Msg: 462
Posted: 9/17/2011 4:50:37 AM

where are these men with all this money? Didn't find any when I was younger and don't know any now. I think this is another sterotype.

haha...agreed! Some are over on the "going dutch" thread talking about how they don't wanna pick up the check & others are over on "good husband" thread talking about how they'll never get married 'cause women just want their $.

Those guys must be loaded...haha...
 cedar77
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2011 9:56:56 AM
Basically , women have always put more value on marrying for money than men , or in the distant past women would marry for things like how many goats the guy had . lol
It is simple , in that women are the baby makers of our species , and so it is in their interest that women themselves and their offspring do not starve . Also , women want a "bad boy" because he would be the best to protect her and her kids .

Men marry more for physical " looks " or "sexy" because the species has an interest in men seeking sexually healthy women (e.g. nice breasts to feed the baby ) women with the best genes for the guys offspring .
This is true for both women and men in cases where offspring is not wanted and/or not possible . The whole issue of human sexuality and social structure is based on the need to procreate .

edit :

Finally...someone who makes a valid point.

Yeah , I did not say it was especially romantic , lol , but I think it is self evident .
 SC67
Msg: 464
Posted: 9/17/2011 9:59:38 AM
Finally...someone who makes a valid point.
 Caringheart2011
Msg: 465
Posted: 9/17/2011 10:46:58 AM
So WHAT, some women are looking for a wealthy man ?
Is that some thing new ?
Many are, it is obvious, even if they don't want to admit it, it is "politically incorrect " ?

The men who worry about it, are either, lame, have no personality, no money, fugly, can't make a woman climax, impotent, and the list goes on and on.

Who care what some women want or don't.
Some chicks are cool, and some are not, same for the men.
Tell me some thing I don't know .
And some one spend my Tax $ to study what an average Joe is able to see ?
 Fleuron
Msg: 466
Posted: 9/17/2011 11:27:22 AM
^^^ THIS.

ValiantHeart is dead on.
 OyVay...
Msg: 468
Posted: 9/18/2011 11:12:42 PM
"they are completely delusional."

Funny thoughts like this come up, over and over.

Why delusional? Many women seek a good provider, when they seek to marry, for their kids. Old lessons die hard! Doesn't mean they don't seek the same the second or third time around.

I wish you ladies would stop defending the indefensiable! It's a fact not a myth. Don't make it wrong or right, just how many think.

As for men who do this, same problem, they left the dating scene years ago. They encounter a bunch of women, who act the same way. Is it wrong then to imply, most think this way?

You want to change the game, change the outlook, the behavior, the expectations. If a man encounters 6 women out of 10, acting this way, it doesn't make a damn difference, if the next 10 act the right way.

Past 40 we are all responsible for our lives. You can't call do-over and decide, the next guy takes you into a nice retirement, that's on you.

It's neither about the sex, or the money...until you accept, that both he and she, want more than a simple quid pro quo, on sex for money, we will never get anywhere.

Most she's want more, most he's want more, if you encounter someone looking to use you, pass them by.

Simple huh?
 4ms4me
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2011 10:51:46 AM
Wait ... we marry for money now???

I thought we wimmins only wanted a 'bad boy' .. one who'd treat us bad, beat us up a little, who we'd support so he could hang out with his buds and play video games and chase other girls and collect STDs to give us ...

And, what happened to the good old days (about 14 threads ago) where we just had babies from random sperm to collect money from the government ... which we could then give to our bad-boy boyfriends??

Thank goodness for that thread on female independence being a 'red flag': the guys have shown us the error of our ways to think we could (or should even want to!) claim to not "need" a man for stuff; heck, if we didn't need a guy, why would we even want one???

Alrighty, I'm gonna quit my job and go stand on a street corner, watch for some old geezer in a hot car, and I'll be set, baby!
 platypus_man
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2011 2:15:55 PM

LOL...where are these men with all this money?

OH come on. You really don't know how to spot rich people??? O.K., for the simple: Look for doctors, lawyers, stock brokers, business leaders. They are all available at the usual spots. Really rich guys wear custom made suits, expensive shoes, etc.; women are supposed to be good at spotting this stuff. You can find young single doctors at teaching medical centers, young single lawyers going in and out of law firms and legal centers, businessmen on the way up are harder to spot, but once successful, you will find them renting and buying expensive vehicles so pay attention or get a job at Mercedes/BMW/Audi/Aston Martin/Jaguar dealers. Most can be found at country clubs playing golf at odd times; if you see a younger man getting out of an expensive car during the week at a golf course, you can pretty sure know he's got money; playing golf at private country clubs isn't cheap, and working guys can't get the weekdays off. Poor and middle class men very, very rarely ever get to play golf at private country clubs. Men know where to find beautiful women. Smart women know where to find rich men.
Now remember, those guys with money expect quality women.....and usually are involved with more than one at any given time. So don't expect exclusivity. Alphas feel they deserve whatever they want, and feel entitled to it.
 annofgreengables
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2011 11:47:22 PM
OK see if you can keep up with me here.
When your wife is young enough to be your daughter , she is marrying you for one or two reasons . The money or entry to Canada that you can provide . If a man is stupid enough to do this . I believe his new bride is entitled to ever penny she can get her hands on she's earned it . She is trading her youth for your money .
 sexandthepof
Msg: 473
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:20:09 AM
Hahaha, most men think women are marrying men for their money; and most women think men are marrying women for their beauty, youth and sex. Something for something eh? Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.
 FYVEOH8
Msg: 474
Posted: 11/16/2011 7:55:39 AM
In the 40's , wasn't the women out there working while the men were at war?
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 475
Posted: 11/16/2011 8:09:42 AM
You really don't know how to spot rich people??? O.K., for the simple: Look for doctors, lawyers, stock brokers, business leaders. They are all available at the usual spots. Really rich guys wear custom made suits, expensive shoes, etc.; women are supposed to be good at spotting this

Actually there are quite a few rich guys who do not sport the obvious trappings of wealth. They drive old rusty cars, wear old out of fashioned clothes, live in a modest home in dire need ( from most women's point of view ) of a renovation and update with out of date furniture. I know a few of these types of guys and guess what one of them is a Doctor and another is a Lawyer. Just because you are rich it does not mean you are not cheap or frugal or have a desire to flaunt it. That being said those cheap rich guys are not exactly drawing women into thier lives like bees to honey - I wonder if that was part of thier secret to acquiring wealth LOL!

There are plenty of multi millionaires out there in the over 50 crowd who could be mistaken for barely scraping by on first glance.
 sensualseekerns
Msg: 477
Posted: 11/16/2011 4:39:15 PM

Basically , women have always put more value on marrying for money than men , or in the distant past women would marry for things like how many goats the guy had . lol
It is simple , in that women are the baby makers of our species , and so it is in their interest that women themselves and their offspring do not starve . Also , women want a "bad boy" because he would be the best to protect her and her kids .

Men marry more for physical " looks " or "sexy" because the species has an interest in men seeking sexually healthy women (e.g. nice breasts to feed the baby ) women with the best genes for the guys offspring .
This is true for both women and men in cases where offspring is not wanted and/or not possible . The whole issue of human sexuality and social structure is based on the need to procreate .

This excuse really gets old, and frankly is a crock.

If it had any validity then there would be no issue with men grabbing women and dragging them back to their cave to reproduce "because THATS part of their go out and get it nature!". Men are predatory by nature. Part of the survival in the wilderness requirement. Should that be allowed in the civilized world as a daily practice? Are there really still people out there that think this is somehow a virtue for mating? Total BS.

If a man was to chose a woman for reproducing then he would pick someone who is smart, compassionate, good with kids (any there are women who are not), and can keep her cool without all the emotional fluff that is expected of arm trophy women. Bimbo sex women are rarely good parent material.

Women on the other hand are quick to bow to the social message of "bad boys" and "rich men" being "the best choices". They have little problem reproducing with mr knuckle dragger and then booting him to the curb and crying for sympathy about it.

Small wonder the high number of single women with kids. Women can get away with having kids in our society. Men are still treated like stereotypes, valued only for what they can do to please a woman's ideals.

That is just a sign how sick we are as a society. The ideals of moderate and balanced living have so little value, even when it comes to mating.

Sad.

curlygrl
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2011 4:49:30 PM
Marrying men for money?
What money?

Here is a solution.

Protect yourself. Sit on your money- ALONE
for the remainder of your life.

Don't marry her. Go Dutch. Make her pay half
of everything- including the condoms you need
to have sex with her.

Treat her like an option always.

I guarantee she won't want your money- or you.
 concertlover31
Msg: 479
Posted: 11/16/2011 5:02:50 PM
message 618 by ann of green gables

"When your wife is young enough to be your daughter , she is marrying you for one or two reasons . The money or entry to Canada that you can provide . If a man is stupid enough to do this . I believe his new bride is entitled to ever penny she can get her hands on she's earned it . She is trading her youth for your money "

spoken like the over 50 woman that you are.

i'm 59. i get lots of women in their 20's and i'm barely worth $90,000.

i don't do anything fancy for them. dancing at the club and Olive Garden for dinner.

oh yeah, i bang em like a screen door in a Kansas tornedo!
 Smarts and Heart
Msg: 483
Posted: 11/16/2011 5:59:00 PM
What each person considers wealth is subjective according to their own situation. If we're talking about real wealth, that encompases less that 1% of the population, and I can guarantee you that they're not all here on POF or POF's forums!

As someone here mentioned, if his net worth is $90,000 and he's dating women with a lot less than that, then to them he's "wealthy".

2/3 of the North American population makes under $60,000/yr or less, according to tax filings. If you're making $60,000 and the woman you're dating makes $45,000 or vice versa, is it really an issue?!

If a man making $60,000/yr or less, is paranoid, of women dating him for his money, then he really needs a reality check! That's barely enough to support himself, if he owns a house, pays a mortgage, utilities, taxes, and owns a vehicle.

I don't understand why it even becomes an issue.

It's not necessarily how much you make in life, but rather what you do with it. When you go into a new relationship what you come in with remains yours and what you create together is for both. Simple!

Being a bit discerning in choosing partners can eliminate alot of unnecessary heartache for all concerned. Just choose wisely, and don't be consumed by paranoia. Life is too short!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > increasing numbers of women are marrying men for their money