Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > ~*~ BIRMINGHAM VALENTINES PARTY @ FLARES, BROAD ST SAT 12TH FEB 9PM -      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LadyLoul
Msg: 11
view profile
History
~*~ BIRMINGHAM VALENTINES PARTY @ FLARES, BROAD ST SAT 12TH FEB 9PM - 3AM ~*~Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Bring on the newbies !!! we are a friendly bunch and you can ask any of the regulars what a great night they have everytime they come along to a party at Flares

any of our regulars - be nice if you could reassure some of these new faces that they have absolutely nothing to worry about please!! Dave, Laverne, Mandy, Jo, Deano, pllllllleeeaaaaasssssseeeeeee

Really looking forward to this party - such a romantic time of year so who knows
 smiler36
Msg: 12
view profile
History
~*~ BIRMINGHAM VALENTINES PARTY @ FLARES, BROAD ST SAT 12TH FEB 9PM - 3AM ~*~
Posted: 1/15/2011 1:43:11 PM
Ahem, how long have you known me - and you still manage to spell my name wrong :( lol

Yes, we are a very friendly bunch and at my first one - which is nearly a year ago - I was very nervous - but have made some great friends, and you get out what you put in - dont be afraid to talk to us - its is a great night with a great atmosphere - so come on - what you waiting for - get signing - I promise I will only be myself!!!!!!!!!

LadyLoul
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2011 12:18:35 AM
Nice to see some regulars coming along to this one!!

As you can see from the comments that everyone is friendly and you will have a great night.

As far as hotels are concerned you have a choice of a few on Broad Street, however the Jurys Inn and the Travelodge are literally just over the road. Google them to get to their booking page

LadyLoul
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2011 8:31:26 AM
I have noticed that quite a few of you have said you are attending but your name/pic is NOT on the Guest List on page 1, please go and click on the 'Sign Me Up' Button or you wont be able to come and join us in the 'Exclusive' Plenty of Fish areas upstairs.

As far as this being a 'Night to Remember' - you must remember that i am here to arrange the night BUT the rest is up to you!!! Put into a party what you expect to get out of it - join in and talk to people, have a dance, let your hair down - its all about meeting new people and having a great night - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A NIGHTCLUB - not a quiet pub where you can have a cosy chat - there are other events organised for this

LadyLoul
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2011 12:31:36 AM
BusterBilly - As it states on the front page hours are 9pm - 3am! why not get a hotel room and share the cost??

Deb4luv - if you have written on this thread then you are signed into the FORUMS so all you need to do is click on the 'Sign Me Up' button found just above everyones pictures on the 1st page

Heavenly Occurrence
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2011 10:12:44 AM
Plenty of fish here we come....... !
 wookieman1959
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2011 9:26:15 PM
Hi to all
Looking forward to a great night,bringing several mates
see you on the night
 Cloud9Cruiser
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/28/2011 8:05:04 PM
Well it will be a first for me. Sounds like fun, looking forward to it.
 LadyLoul
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2011 7:22:08 AM
hello, hello, hello everyone!! Wow all these newbies, this is great - and lots of regulars signed up too

Janey, yes its fine to bring 2 friends along

this is going to be a great party! can start my countdown now, lol

just 12 more til PARTY time!!
 LadyLoul
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2011 9:24:58 AM
Thanks Sam - i explain it several times on here and in the original email and still people dont read posts already on this thread! lol

Anyway, its all looking good and we should be on the main page at the weekend, then we should see even more sign up.

As for meeting up beforehand, a few of us always get together in the Wetherspoons for something to eat between 4pm-6pm but then head back to the hotel to freshen up and get ready for the PARTY at 9pm, anyone is welcome to join us - we'll be the noisy lot with the London accents

So only 7 more until Broad Street Parties with all the lovely people from Plenty of Fish looking for LLLLOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE at this special Valentines Bash
 leader1970
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2011 8:20:45 AM
Looking forward to coming along - Jurys Inn room booked so no worries about having the odd drink.

I'll be heading up early to check in and grab a bite to eat before heading in to Flares. Anyone interested in joining me?

CAR PARKING
===========

For those driving up, on-street parking is free after 6pm, and all-day sunday, so of you are staying in a hotel and get there early enough, try to find a place on street before heading to the hotel car park. Try Gas Street, Berkeley Street, Granville Street and Tennant Street. Tennant Street Car Park is free after 10pm and all day sunday so will cost 60p after 9 and £1.20 if you get there between 8 and 9 - but be warned the car park patrols work until 10 and I have seen people ticketed in just the last 10 minutes
 TOMMIExx
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 4:40:16 PM
this will be my 2nd went to the halloween last year GREAT night everyone really friendly and made us feel welcome..I know how you feel though, my mates cant make this one so I will be on my own also ...Just got to get the courage to go on my own HELPPPPP..
 LadyLoul
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 3:15:46 AM
Well hello to all the newbies!! looks like lots of you are going to come along and see what fun we have at FLARES.

I see from the thread that there will be lots of you coming alone - yes LOTS of you alone! BUT here is your chance to make new friends - JUST JOIN IN! a Party is only ever what you make it, so you will have to be prepared to put in what you want to get out of it.

i also want to remind you that this is a NIGHTCLUB - the only place you can have a 'chat' will be outside with the smokers or in the loo!! single sexes only of course

However, like it has been mentioned earlier - some of us including myself and Deb will be in the Whetherspoons from about 4pm for pre meet food and drinks ( no doubt we will be the only Londoners in the pub!!)

ONLY 4 MORE TIL PARTY TIME
 smiler36
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 7:27:53 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might be able to come and party after all - thanks to my lovely friend Deb who has offered to let me share her room - lol - are you prepared for that, lol - so looking quite hopeful atm - it would be a shame to miss it as would be my years anniversary at Flares and my years anniversary at knowing you lot - OH GOD!!!! Dont know whats worse - loves ya Deb, Lou and Warren ;)))

But I will be following my normal activities and NOT be drinking

Now, just gotta find something to wear, lol

wookieman1959
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 8:29:26 PM
Hi does anyone know if you can get in wearing jeans....smart ones off course
 wookieman1959
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 8:39:02 PM
Forgot to say i will be attending with upto 7 friends if they all turn up......hope that is ok?
 LadyLoul
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 11:55:21 PM
Wookieman - yes, smart jeans are allowed but definately NOT trainers or Sportswear!!

normally i would put a maximum of 3 friends as guests but as the sign up is still under 400 then you are fine to bring a couple more along with you.

HOWEVER, IF YOU WISH YOUR SINGLE FRIENDS TO JOIN US IN THE 'EXCLUSIVE' POF AREAS UPSTAIRS THEN YOU MUST BE SIGNED IN AND ON THIS GUEST LIST TO GAIN ENTRY

Just 3 more to go!!!!!
 LadyLoul
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2011 2:11:36 AM
Hi Steff - Happy Birthday for Monday!!!

I'm absolutely certain there will be some guests around your age, however if you are lucky enough to require ID remember to bring it with you! we wouldnt want anyone turned away

Only 2 more til PARRRRTTTTYYYYYY TIME
 paul39
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2011 1:05:07 PM
yes jeans are fine mate
 smiler36
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2011 11:38:30 PM
Lou, Debs and Warren - hopefully I will be making it on Sat - will let you know later - gonna be a great night - oh and how the year has flown by since I have known you all - thanks for all the fun times and more - just hate the drive from Devon - yuk!!!!!!!!

Now just trying to find something to wear for Valentines - looking forward to it - get the WOO WOO on tap

Looking forward to meeting some new people too and who knows - you lot might be lucky and find that someone special.

One more sleep to go - yay!!!!!!!!

xxmistyxx
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2011 5:54:02 PM
Sorry can't make this one but if you are still unsure about attending ,you have nothing to lose and will make new friends and you may click with someone special so either way it is a win - win night out...

Enjoy!
 leader1970
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2011 11:19:57 AM
Maybe not. The organisers will already have left for Brum.
 jncjnc
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2011 10:48:53 PM
Couldn't make it unfortunately, had loads of work on, had to work through the night, just now going to bed at 7am - if only it had been on any other weekend!! *shakes fist*

Hope everyone had a good 'un - and if you went home still single, send a message my way ha
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > ~*~ BIRMINGHAM VALENTINES PARTY @ FLARES, BROAD ST SAT 12TH FEB 9PM - 3AM ~*~