Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do T.V. shows, movies, and other forms of entertainment mess up our p      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LinuxD
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Do T.V. shows, movies, and other forms of entertainment mess up our perceptions on datingPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Not with me it doesn't.

No more than me being an ace pilot in a WW2 Combat Flight Simulator I play makes me think " Man I could just go right out and jump into a Spitfire Supermarine and just totally own the skies over London"

Usually the people that may fall for this type of thing are living in a fantasy world anyway and think that the show/book is a training manual for the future.

To people based in reality it may be a form of escapism for a brief period of time.

There is no "reality" in reality television.
Msg: 26
Do T.V. shows, movies, and other forms of entertainment mess up our perceptions on dating
Posted: 1/8/2011 6:44:17 PM
What are you talking about???? T.V and movies are real!They are real I tell you!

***Runs away sobbing***
 ALMOSTABLONDE
Msg: 27
Do T.V. shows, movies, and other forms of entertainment mess up our perceptions on dating
Posted: 1/9/2011 8:23:09 PM
LOL, I met a Lord last week & alas he ripped my bodice
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/9/2011 11:07:58 PM
yeah last night I was with Halle Berry, I was home sleeping she was in my dreams
 colt8301
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/10/2011 3:34:32 AM

So do you agree with me that what we watch or read is messing up our concepts of dating? I believe this is why I see so many redundant threads on this site about meeting people, rejection, and date ideas.

Only for weak minded people, "monkey see monkey do". I can say though that their are people out there who have actually had those experiences that they show on television, you can't just make the sh&^ up. So yeah you got people "mirroring" entertainment "mirroring" them.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/30/2011 6:00:17 AM

I'm curious, how would you rewrite the films if you were given the power?

i dream of making, directing, and acting in movies someday. this thread has inspired me to make a documentary about the perils of dating based on my experience on POF.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do T.V. shows, movies, and other forms of entertainment mess up our perceptions on dating