Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RockyDakota
Msg: 494
Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want? Page 12 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
What I am gathering here: The women are agreeing that they can get laid whenever they want, but not with who they want.
I find that hard to believe. I mean you're willing to sacrifice just to have sex? I sincerely doubt it. If you are going to have a random hookup, they you clearly saw something you liked in the guy. Saying that you could if gave up a little on looks is wildly misleading.
 KarynChiTown
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want?
Posted: 10/27/2012 1:28:16 AM
Exactly. I have been a bartender for 27 years. Some cliches' and stereotypes exist for a reason, because they are true. All the girls are pretty at closing time. They look good from far, but they're far from good, beer goggles, etc.
I have worked in 5 Star Hotels, upscale fine dining establishments, professional sports stadiums, chain restaurants, to neighborhood taverns, all the same. Human nature, all the same. Also alcohol doesn't discriminate along class, looks, wealth or poverty, race, or geographical location. If you want it, it's there.
 ArticLife
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2012 1:46:34 AM
An attractive women has an easier and less stressful time in attaining sex than an equally attractive man. The reason is simple, the women does not have to put herself out there. As long as she goes out in public in a social venue, she will be asked out sooner rather than later. Even the hottest guy on the planet can easily go a while without being approached first.

This is where the bitterness comes from. It's highly imbalanced in favor of women.
 cashleys
Msg: 497
Posted: 10/27/2012 2:11:31 AM
Yes we can. A fact, however, sometimes a woman might want a particular man and he might not be interested, but usually any man will have sex with a woman that is wanting to have sex with him. nothing is 100% But a woman can go out and pretty much get JUST SEX with a man every night is she chooses. Men can't be assured they will be able to find a woman to have sex with.
Men are 't all that picky when it comes to the JUST the sex act. That is different however than a man wanting to be seen or people to know about it, unless he is interested in the woman.

So, yes, if a woman is out to have sex, she can pretty much be assured she will have sex. Men don't have it that easy they get turned down all the time. We still have our prehistoric instincts that are imbread in our genes. There are reasons for this, that women can pick their sex partners and men will have sex pretty much with anyone. Women have babies, women have been the ones to choose the gene pool, women are the ones mostly in charge of child rearing from our inception.SO, we get to choose!!
Society can never totally change who we are, some of it is just a part of our DNA.

After reading some of the posts by the guys, the question asked originally seems alittle off point to the answer from the guys. We are not talking about right or wrong as in concern to morality. The question "was can a woman get laid anytime she wants". The answer is yes. A man can go out and try and try hit up on women, he has no assurance he can talk any woman into sex. Why do you think there are millions of prostitutes?? Women aren 't paying out lots of money to a male prostitute?? Why aren't there tons of men out selling sex to women, ???? BECAUSE we don't have to pay for sex, we can have it anytime we want for free silly!!
 That_girl*
Msg: 498
Posted: 10/27/2012 9:17:55 AM

KarynChiTown

Exactly. I have been a bartender for 27 years. Some cliches' and stereotypes exist for a reason, because they are true. All the girls are pretty at closing time.

YUP!! the amount of men running around trying to run their drunk game an collect numbers at last call,,is almost like seeing roaches scatter when a light is turned on them..at that point almost anything with a hole will do that they can get their whisky d ick into..

cashleys
Yes we can. A fact, however, sometimes a woman might want a particular man and he might not be interested, but usually any man will have sex with a woman that is wanting to have sex with him. nothing is 100% But a woman can go out and pretty much get JUST SEX with a man every night is she chooses. Men can't be assured they will be able to find a woman to have sex with.
Men are 't all that picky when it comes to the JUST the sex act. That is different however than a man wanting to be seen or people to know about it, unless he is interested in the woman.

TRUE..
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 499
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:25:47 AM

An attractive women has an easier and less stressful time in attaining sex than an equally attractive man. The reason is simple, the women does not have to put herself out there. As long as she goes out in public in a social venue, she will be asked out sooner rather than later. Even the hottest guy on the planet can easily go a while without being approached first.

This is where the bitterness comes from. It's highly imbalanced in favor of women.

Men are the ones who make it this way. Bring it up at the next man meeting.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 500
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:28:13 PM
~~~
I'm thinking they may look at in in terms of football and kicking a field goal, perhaps.

"Well, it's not a touchdown, but at least I'm scoring."
~~~
I think that's true

~~
Why, is this post gender specific? I think anyone can get laid whenever they want if they completely downgrade and get rid of their standards but, at that point why would anyone want that?
~~
This is also true.. I'll talk to anyone who says hello to me.. but i'm not gonna sleep with just anyone. It's a great way to meet people, but I've got standards and ideals and specific things I want. If he's not it, there's no chance. I imagine he'd feel the same way.. but of course if I'm willing.. then he'll take the field goal 9 times out of 10.. lol
 AquaLinda
Msg: 501
Posted: 11/7/2012 7:40:51 PM
Could I get "laid" whenever I want. - Yes, I could. The truth is though, I don't want to get "laid" by just anybody, I want it in the context of a relationship with somebody who wants me and only me and meets a few other criteria as well. THAT is the real difficulty here.
 Abbeygirl58
Msg: 502
Posted: 11/7/2012 8:27:54 PM
No, women CAN NOT get laid whenever they want....I keep writing Val Kilmer but he just won't respond....lol....lol...
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 503
Posted: 11/8/2012 10:34:32 AM

Why, is this post gender specific? I think anyone can get laid whenever they want if they completely downgrade and get rid of their standards but, at that point why would anyone want that?

Not quite true; men have it far more difficult. More men have gone their entire lives without doing the deed than women; even the more unattractive women still have physical commodities whereas the more unattractive men can't offer anything..
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 504
Posted: 11/8/2012 11:02:24 AM
Lol, true but there are statistically more desperate men than men with standards and definitely more desperate men than desperate women; I mean, have you ever heard of women going out "looking for penis"? I've never heard of women that go about expressly for that purpose/
 NinerV
Msg: 505
Posted: 11/8/2012 11:39:28 AM
Twice when I was in my early 20's, I walked into a club, went to the bar, ordered a drink, and had an attractive woman walk over to me and whisper into my ear "I want to go home with you", I'll leave it to dirty minds what I did...

I doubt many men can get sex in a whisper, unless he's paying for it!
 NonamousDog
Msg: 506
Posted: 11/8/2012 1:42:43 PM
"I think anyone can get laid whenever they want if they completely downgrade and get rid of their standards......"

You've overstated your case there. I'd like to get laid this afternoon yet, but I don't really think any amount of standards-lowering, by itself, would allow me to find someone in the next couple of hours. Possibly, possibly, lower standards, a large amount of money and a couple of hours travel time, but even then I wouldn't place any bets.......
 AquaLinda
Msg: 507
Posted: 11/8/2012 2:00:40 PM
LOL, I'm sure that pretty much every woman could get laid TODAY just by sending a message to a few guys on POF or just talk to them in public- at least one of them would be willing and ready. It's really not a challenge for most women - too bad for the guys that most women (myself included) don't think and act like guys and we won't do it.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 508
Posted: 11/8/2012 4:36:37 PM

Sure, if you'll take anyone who is willing. Same for the guys if the guys were willing to sleep with anyone who said yes. I'm considerably more picky than that.

See I agree with this. I think both sexes can get laid anytime they want if their standards are low enough to make it happen. But both genders tend to be a lot more selective than that - and might forget they are choosing not to sleep with certain prospects.
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 509
Posted: 11/8/2012 4:40:00 PM
Ugly or prudish guys can't; personality is a minimum for guys, regardless. There's a good reason there are stories of 40 year old virgins; getting laid is more difficult, even with certifiably and honestly ugly women who are desperate. Men can be driven to do it with even said type of woman but not vice versa.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 511
Posted: 11/9/2012 12:56:25 PM

Women can get sex whenever!!!!! There is no work for a women to get laid! Fat ugly 400lb women can get d ick whenever! Most women are stuck up picky b itches! Women have all the power and choice! I f ucking hate it! It's f ucking ridiculous!

Good LORD. Whatever you're paying for those Anger Management Courses is a waste of money because it's NOT working.

Take it down a couple notches, will ya? You're scaring the normal people.
 AquaLinda
Msg: 512
Posted: 11/9/2012 3:30:43 PM

Most women can get laid anytime but I am picky. I had a fwb once and developed feelings for him. I rather wait for a good man and keep batteries handy than sleep with anyone.

That's pretty much how I handle things. I am very picky about who I get intimate with. If I'm not attracted, it's just not going to happen.
 AnnB72
Msg: 513
Posted: 11/9/2012 5:56:09 PM

Women can get sex whenever!!!!! There is no work for a women to get laid! Fat ugly 400lb women can get d ick whenever! Most women are stuck up picky b itches! Women have all the power and choice! I f ucking hate it! It's f ucking ridiculous!

Oh, wow. I think you need to get laid...
(Rofl - sorry, couldn't help it.)
You simply must see the absurdity of your comment, right?

OP:
I'd never considered the statement that any woman can get sex whenever she wants it comprehensively - for me, if it's meaningless, I have no interest in it.
 Walking_Contradiction
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2012 12:49:49 AM
“Don't knock masturbation - it's sex with someone I love” - Woody Allen

*pa-dum tss...I'll be here all week. Tip your wait staff, try the veal.
 moon_breeze
Msg: 515
Posted: 11/10/2012 1:21:33 AM
YES!

In other words...for a guy...if you need to be a 7 or higher physically (individual rating for purpose of elaboration only) for a relationship...you only need to be a 5 or above for sex. Whereas...with women...you still need to be a 7.

Actually, I believe if a woman normally will date a 7, for her to just get laid, she'd seek a 9, because she can.

Pretty much any woman can get pretty much any guy if it's just for sex. Sure, there are exceptions such as low confidence, coming off as a crazy cat lady, or the guy being taken and a good guy, but most women can pretty much have their pick. Probably because men are so much more likely to have random sex with a stranger than women are, so if it's offered they snap it up? I don't know. And if one guy turns it down, there will be 10 others who think it must be Christmas.
 marz1973
Msg: 516
Posted: 11/10/2012 3:15:12 AM
Yes...Women, can get laid whenever we want...There is no real science to it....Men...will chase what they want...
 Dare to
Msg: 517
Posted: 11/10/2012 3:24:11 PM

Women have all the power and choice! I f ucking hate it! It's f ucking ridiculous!
The only reason women have all that power and choice is because (some) MEN will f*ck anything female... If the guys weren't so desperate to get laid the women wouldn't hold any power over sex at all... So sorry buddy, but you can't blame women for having all the power when guys like you gave it away...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 518
Posted: 11/10/2012 3:28:39 PM

The only reason women have all that power and choice is because (some) MEN will f*ck anything female... If the guys weren't so desperate to get laid the women wouldn't hold any power over sex at all... So sorry buddy, but you can't blame women for having all the power when guys like you gave it away...

Amen. Instead of competing with each other for the prize, why don't men all get together and form a united alliance to make sure...
...aw why bother typing this? It's never going to happen.
 PlayfulBricoleur
Msg: 519
Posted: 11/10/2012 3:39:19 PM
Well, according to Ken Wilber (and I paraphrase...but not much), the "prime director" for human males, in terms of relating, is testosterone, and the "prime directive" coming from this hormone is "kill it or **** it". The prime director for women is oxytocin and their prime directive is to "relate"....their kids, their friends, their mates.

This to some extent explains why men WANT (yes, a bit of hyperbole) to be able to walk down the street and unzip his pants and instantly get gratified....the proverbial spreading around of his genes. Just sayin'
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >