Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SuzieQForForums
Msg: 748
Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want? Page 22 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
I could have gotten some last night. If I go back to the same place tonight, same thing would happen. Lots of guys are willing to offer their services.
 PrettyBr0wneyed1
Msg: 749
Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want?
Posted: 10/7/2013 3:25:48 PM
Yes, even the fattest, oldest, ugliest, nastiest, most unattractive florida living women can get laid any time they want to.
 phule
Msg: 750
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2013 3:35:27 PM

Most men can probably get laid whenever they want to nowadays as well, I'd guess. Perhaps not as easily as most women

This is where you and I differ greatly.
"MOST", meaning a majority... meaning far more than just half... no way. Not Most. Not Half. Not a quarter of all the men out there can get laid whenever they want. The Vast majority of men would have to work at it quite hard, and then STILL face rejection. When women know that multiple men will compete for their affection... do those women give their attention to ALL the competitors? No. Do those women give their attention to MOST of the competitors? No. They might give their attention to SOME, or maybe a FEW... but the percentage will be significantly less than most or half.

You can't compare the ease at which a woman can get laid with the difficulty man face with getting laid. Again, a woman only has to say ONE WORD to get laid. One simple, single, little word. That's it. She literally doesn't have to say anything else... for the entire evening. She doesn't even have to SAY yes... she could just nod her head and be silent if she chose... and she can get laid.

This is something that most men cannot do, and will never be able to do.

Here's another way to put it. Most men don't have sex because they get rejected for it. Most women don't have sex because they CHOOSE not to.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 751
Posted: 10/8/2013 1:52:11 PM
You'll never get some women to admit that men might have certain problems related to relationships that are unique to the male. To do so, they'd have to give up their, "Only women can be victims of social misjustice, and social misjustice *ONLY* affects women!" mentality. Just look at the nature of certain responses here, that seek to trivialize and marginalize mens' problems: "Oh, well, men have sexual urges, and *I* have sexual urges, and it's no biggie for me, so it's no biggie for anyone else either, and if you complain, you're just a big cry-baby!" I'd love to see how they'd respond to a male relative sharing a problem with them: "Buck up, Sissy-Pants!"
 whippedboi
Msg: 752
Posted: 10/8/2013 2:56:01 PM
^^

You'll never get some women to admit that men might have certain problems related to relationships that are unique to the male. To do so, they'd have to give up their, "Only women can be victims of social misjustice, and social misjustice *ONLY* affects women!" mentality. Just look at the nature of certain responses here, that seek to trivialize and marginalize mens' problems: "Oh, well, men have sexual urges, and *I* have sexual urges, and it's no biggie for me, so it's no biggie for anyone else either, and if you complain, you're just a big cry-baby!

great point, Arlo!

* I * have never really experienced any problems with pregnancy, nor with menstruation or PMS, so I REALLY FAIL

to see why women WHINE about these things so much! It's really NOT A BIG DEAL, girls! :)
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 753
Posted: 10/8/2013 3:30:55 PM
Oh, I'm sure we'll see you whine if you're stuck dealing with a woman suffering from pregnancy hormones.

Joking aside, I don't think anyone said a lack of sex wasn't a big deal. Sure it is. That doesn't mean it should be conceivably compared to life and death situations. You don't find that silly in the slightest?

"I've gone without water for days and I'm a moment away from death!"

"Give me a break! I haven't had sex in weeks...what's a few days without water?"

WomanInProgress
Msg: 754
Posted: 10/8/2013 5:09:19 PM

* I * have never really experienced any problems with pregnancy, nor with menstruation or PMS, so I REALLY FAIL

to see why women WHINE about these things so much! It's really NOT A BIG DEAL, girls! :)

It isn't - I agree. Pregnancy can be prevented by both genders. Menstruation and PMS are both treatable. They are only a big deal if you have no interest in preventing/treating the situation. If you don't - no one should have to listen to you complain. "Deal with life with a backbone and stop whining" is not a gender specific lecture.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 755
Posted: 10/9/2013 2:30:58 AM
*chuckle* I'd *LOVE* to see some of these wimmin coaching, say, football. After one of their players gets side-lined by a nut-shot, they'd be all, "Come on, getting hit in the balls isn't unique to one gender only! Now, stop complaining, grow a backbone, and get back in there!"
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 756
Posted: 10/9/2013 4:56:47 AM

*chuckle* I'd *LOVE* to see some of these wimmin coaching, say, football. After one of their players gets side-lined by a nut-shot, they'd be all, "Come on, getting hit in the balls isn't unique to one gender only! Now, stop complaining, grow a backbone, and get back in there!"

It's not for both genders, but it's silly for one. All joking aside, how does a player get sidelined by this unless he's not wearing a protective cup? If he's not - he's leaving himself open to it, honestly. I'd tell him to stop complaining, absolutely.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 757
Posted: 10/9/2013 6:36:55 AM
Um, if I'm being hit in the same area as a guy's balls, that's basically my clit. Yeah...getting hit in the clit by a hard object at high velocity...I doubt that would hurt at all. :\

Honestly, I would tell him to walk it off and get back out there. Next time, wear a cup. They made the things for a reason. I'm not supposed to protect your balls...they're yours, you protect them.
 whippedboi
Msg: 758
Posted: 10/9/2013 9:39:07 AM
^^

same with birth control, absolutely a woman's responsibility, correct ??

they're YOUR ovaries & uterus, protect them!
 Maleman999
Msg: 759
Posted: 10/9/2013 10:08:47 AM

All joking aside, how does a player get sidelined by this unless he's not wearing a protective cup? If he's not - he's leaving himself open to it, honestly. I'd tell him to stop complaining, absolutely.

A protective cup works fine with low impact hits. It's a piece of plastic covering the genitals, so it doesn't provide protection against intense hits in that area. It's just like helmets. They protect against low impact bangs to the head, but it won't prevent injuries in a high impact situation. Every summer, there are a lot of cases where a bicyclist or motorcyclist is killed or maimed in an accident with head injuries, even though they were wearing a helmet.
 Post_PrepatoryLIFER
Msg: 760
Posted: 10/9/2013 10:09:00 AM
Nice. So then don't complain when women ARE protecting them by not having sex with those men that are complaining they want it.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 761
Posted: 10/9/2013 10:13:54 AM

Yes, if she doesn't want kids. Of course it's her responsibility. It's also a guy's responsibility if HE doesn't want kids. Ideally if two people don't want a pregnancy - they are both covering their side of the situation so it doesn't happen. You drive defensively assuming everyone else is a danger, you f**k defensively assuming everyone else is a danger. Duuh.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 762
Posted: 10/9/2013 10:33:22 AM

You're not protecting your ovaries and uterus when you take birth control... In fact if you read birth control side effects, you're not doing your reproductive system any favors by taking the pill.

Now if your argument is that a woman should take steps to avoid pregnancy if she doesn't want to get pregnant, then I agree with you. If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, then she should make sure it doesn't happen. Best way is abstinence. Same goes for a guy. *shrug*
 DragonBits
Msg: 763
Posted: 10/9/2013 11:05:41 AM
I have no doubt they can get laid whenever they want to.

But I can fart anytime I want to.

Neither one is a very impressive achievement.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 764
Posted: 10/9/2013 2:32:22 PM

(WIP) It's not for both genders, but it's silly for one. All joking aside, how does a player get sidelined by this unless he's not wearing a protective cup? If he's not - he's leaving himself open to it, honestly. I'd tell him to stop complaining, absolutely.

Do you get a commission for every post in which you argue the analogy, seriously? 'cause you do it, like, all the time. Although, I couldn't help but notice that you've studiously avoided the unassailable logic of my "You don't *NEED* more than 2 cubic metres in which to live the rest of your life, and since it won't immediately kill you, there's nothing wrong with it!" Not to mention that you never have, and never will, take a nut-shot, but that doesn't stop you from pontificating about it...

I used to teach Tae Kwon Do, and nut-shots happened with alarming regularity. Wearing a cup was mandatory, but it turned a ball-mashing force into a general groinal-area force. Which was more painful was purely academic; personally, I preferred the straight-on nut-shots -- they were easier to deal with (both left you walking funny for days, though)... :cringejustthinkingaboutit:
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 765
Can men REALLY walk it off anytime they want?
Posted: 10/9/2013 2:37:35 PM

(BB) Um, if I'm being hit in the same area as a guy's balls, that's basically my clit. Yeah...getting hit in the clit by a hard object at high velocity...I doubt that would hurt at all. :\

I've no doubt that a kick to the clit would hurt like Hell; difference is, I wouldn't presume to lecture you on its insignificance, as you so eloquently (not) try to do here:

Honestly, I would tell him to walk it off and get back out there.

... says the woman who's never taken a nut-shot, and never will.

Next time, wear a cup. They made the things for a reason.

Your ignorance is showing, luv. Pro athletes aren't allowed to compete without a cup. Anyway, read my missive about how painful nut-shots are, with or without a cup. Either way, you'll be squinting your eyes and clenching your butt...
 lookinfouryoutoo
Msg: 766
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2013 2:38:46 PM

I used to teach Tae Kwon Do, and nut-shots happened with alarming regularity. Wearing a cup was mandatory, but it turned a ball-mashing force into a general groinal-area force. Which was more painful was purely academic; personally, I preferred the straight-on nut-shots -- they were easier to deal with

You can order a steel cup on the internet that Muay Thai kickboxers have been using for ages. They work much better. Probably a little too late for that info to help you now though lol.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 767
Posted: 10/9/2013 4:19:10 PM
(lookinfouryoutoo) You can order a steel cup on the internet that Muay Thai kickboxers have been using for ages. They work much better. Probably a little too late for that info to help you now though lol.

The double-you-over-with-pain didn't come from the sharp blow to the testicles, when you wore a cup: it came from the force being transferred to a ring just surrounding your Naughty Bits. So, instead of having your bell rung (so to speak), you'd get a traumatizing force that spread from your pubic bone to your prostate gland. Fun times... I can't imagine how making a cup out of steel, or even M1A1 Abrams armour plating, would make a difference there.

And, you're wrong about the timeliness of your information: it's never too late to impart testicle saving information... if it saves just one ball...
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 768
Posted: 10/9/2013 5:08:57 PM

Although, I couldn't help but notice that you've studiously avoided the unassailable logic of my "You don't *NEED* more than 2 cubic metres in which to live the rest of your life, and since it won't immediately kill you, there's nothing wrong with it!"

Ok, I'll bite. A man stands before you with a gun and says, "You have two choices for today. I can't guarantee what tomorrow will bring, but I can tell you what today will be. Either you get in the box or I shoot you in the head. Those are your two options." Neither choice sounds particularly appetizing, but many people will choose to get in the box for the sole sake of potentially being freed. Now, if the choices were get in the box FOREVER or I shoot you in the head...some may choose to call it a day and get shot in the head.

Going without anything that makes life enjoyable would likely lead to a life not worth living. NEVER having sex again would be a dire sentence. Especially if you're not allowed to masturbate. No sex in ANY form. Yeah, that would suck and there are some who would see that as a fate worse than death.

Do I NEED more than 2 cubic feet to live? No, but I do need more than that to live a life worth living. It's the amount of time I would be in that situation that makes a difference to me.

The original quote that started this current string of debates, compared a piece of moldy bread to a starving person vs. bad sex to a person who hadn't had sex in awhile. His view was that lack of availability changed perception, therefore it would be better to have bad sex than no sex. If the argument is that you either have bad sex for the rest of your life or no sex ever...I don't know...I'd still be on the side of no sex ever. There's something singularly appalling about bad sex that beats down your soul. I'd rather face a life of no sex than bad sex forever. Maybe that's just me. :)

rissignol
Msg: 769
Posted: 10/9/2013 6:27:57 PM
I'm sorry, but ... it's true.

"I went to the bar, showed off the goods, declared I wanted to get laid, and no man paid attention to me!" Said no woman. Ever.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 770
Posted: 10/9/2013 7:10:32 PM
Just shoot me.

abmccray
Msg: 771
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2013 7:47:11 AM
The original quote that started this current string of debates, compared a piece of moldy bread to a starving person vs. bad sex to a person who hadn't had sex in awhile. His view was that lack of availability changed perception, therefore it would be better to have bad sex than no sex. If the argument is that you either have bad sex for the rest of your life or no sex ever...I don't know...I'd still be on the side of no sex ever.

Yes, the "debate," and i use that term loosely, started because certain nameless people don't understand contextual analogies, which is obvious.

But what is being countered to what you're saying here, is that you have never been in the position, so you don't understand the difference. You're being hypothetical about it, because, as a woman, you always have sex (from the sex that you're interested in) available to you to some degree, and you know this in the back of your mind . On top of this, as a woman, you don't have the same TYPE of drive that a man does.

MEN know the difference because many of us have been there. If I said, now, that "I can't get laid," it would just mean "with someone I want" because I have like ten different people I can call at any time to do so, that I just don't want to with. Thus, any frustration is mitigated with, "if I realllllly wanted to, I could call so-and-so," and it contains desperation to a degree. It was not like this at like 22, when I had no idea how to talk to women and had much less going for myself and had no prospects, with my testosterone still raging and hormones running high. That's when you start considering the risk/reward of things like prostitutes and such (which many men end up taking). It's two completely different things.

Some guys never get to the point where they have people into them the same way that almost every woman has a man into them - and they have years and years of built up frustration and such added on top of the natural issues.

Women can't really extrapolate their feelings on this issue similar to how men can't really extrapolate with childbirth. People are pointing out certain posters' arrogance to assume they know what they're talking about, when they don't - especially since some of it is coming from some of the usual suspects, with an apparent agenda.

Half of my posts on this forum are telling people that their failures are their own faults and to improve themselves and put mind over matter, and even I'm agreeing with Arlo and others that I don't normally agree with on this matter. That should tell you ("you" as in the whole) something is different here.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 772
Posted: 10/10/2013 9:06:42 AM
*sigh* I've said over and over again that men have options they are UNWILLING to consider. They are allowing a pass/fail system to get in the way of a life or death fate such as no sex. I do not know what it's like to have a male sex drive. The only male sex drive I care about is my boyfriend's.

I have not at any point taken a hypothetical stance of what it's like to be a boy wanting sex. If an analogy doesn't fit...it doesn't fit. I can't create an analogy that works since as it's been pointed out...I don't know what it's like to be a boy with a boy's sex drive. So yeah...I can't help you with your analogies. All I can do is point out when they're clearly erroneous since its offensive to do otherwise. No food = no sex? Yeah, won't let that one fly when there are people who actually DO starve to death in this world. *shakes head*

I will bow out at this point since the male posters that have chosen to remain in this miasma of a thread, honestly don't seem to believe they are making choices. That's fine. If it's a life or death situation, I'm sure they'll figure out how to resolve it for themselves. *shrug*
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >