Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SWEET_MAVERICK
Msg: 799
Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want? Page 24 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
When we hit 40+ basically we need to choose from who is there. If we get 80% of what we want -it gets no better than that.

To say I could only get sex (or any other woman who was a few xtra/bbw) by a drunk guy-wtf?

are these guys all Brad Pitt?

I had some really good looking/nice lovers/boyfriends since 1997, never went dutch, etc. either.

I think many of these folks are delusional. I want this, I want that, but I am not this or that. Male & female. Wow.

IMO men who have so little regard for women can’t possibly regard themselves very highly. So so sad.
:(

exactly- those who have no respect for themselves cannot respect others.
 nyceguy85
Msg: 800
Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want?
Posted: 10/12/2013 12:28:02 PM
Yes women can get laid whenever they want. Most choose not to go down this route because they have so many options they can afford to be picky and set the terms for which they give up the "cookie".
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 801
Posted: 10/12/2013 7:46:13 PM
BOOOOOO...women have so many options sure maybe some do maybe some dont an maybe its somewhere in the middle..

but where an who are all these options at?!
rite now its been me myself an i for some months..

oh it just dawned on me you mean all the awsome penis that us women could be choosing from right now..oh ya totally married cheaters abusive drug addicts old smelly an delusional foaming at the mouth an crotch creatures of the nite

oh ya cant forget about the ones straight outta prison i know they need a place to stay an something to f uck to..

oh sure look at all the lying cheating rotten self centered emotionally dead options wouldnt know what love passion commitment an faithfulness was if a horse came up behind them an kicked them in the a ss with it..

oh ya well those are the many options most women with half some decent sense dont want..

so guess its back to the drawing board
 JoeBnD
Msg: 802
Posted: 10/12/2013 10:54:20 PM

Yes but if it was overrated wouldn’t that make it overly abundant? To me its rarity makes it that much more prized and appreciated. :)

Overrate - to regard somebody as better or more capable, or something as greater, than is in fact the case.

Notice the lack of any mention of abundance? In my experience, sensitivity gets men labelled as weak by women, despite their claim of wanting a sensitive man. She eventually will tell the man to "man up" or "grow a pair." Hence, sensitivity (for men, at least) is overrated (not worth a damn). Clear now?
 Fleuron
Msg: 803
Posted: 10/13/2013 9:07:47 AM

Overrate - to regard somebody as better or more capable, or something as greater, than is in fact the case.

It doesn’t make sense to me that if sensitivity was rare it would be overrated, since there wouldn’t be much of it. I think what you really mean is, it didn’t work for you.

Notice the lack of any mention of abundance? In my experience, sensitivity gets men labelled as weak by women, despite their claim of wanting a sensitive man. She eventually will tell the man to "man up" or "grow a pair." Hence, sensitivity (for men, at least) is overrated (not worth a damn). Clear now?

You can try to patronize me, but it just looks foolish.

In my experience, men who think women claim they want a sensitive man but really don’t are pretending to be sensitive because that’s what they think women want. Then when the women don’t want them they blame it on her not really wanting what they were pretending to be, and get angry at her because she wasn’t fooled by him.

Well *I* want a sensitive man but I don’t want him tiptoeing through the tulips with a mandolin and a lisp. A man can be manly AND sensitive at the same time….unless, of course, he’s faking it.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 804
Posted: 10/13/2013 10:13:26 AM

Arlo_Troutman:

I am quite certain you don't. You assumed it was a put-down aimed at all "chubby" women, which it most certainly wasn't.

(fleuron) Wow…..you know what HE meant and how SHE interpreted it.

I *KNOW*, right? Isn't it amazing what you can discern when you actually pay attention to the way things are said, rather than just knee-jerk responding?

You’re amazing.

Are you flirting with me?

(AT) What abmccray was doing was, pointing out that inebriation *WILL* cause *SOME* men to have coitus with women they might not otherwise consider.

(fleuron) Inebriation will “cause” some men to pork any woman????

Is there an echo in here? That's precisely what abmccray said, and I reiterated. I think even the slowest among us get it by now.

I think inebriation will “cause” some men to blame their own actions on anything rather than accept responsibility for themselves.

Yes, some people will use inebriation as an excuse. Notice I said "people" -- it's not a phenomenon exclusive to men.

Besides of which, how does being drunk make a man f uckable to ANY woman?

Which was said *WHERE*, exactly? Passionate arguing of a position is sexy -- shrieky dying swan martyrdom is most definitely UNsexy...
 JoeBnD
Msg: 805
Posted: 10/13/2013 1:34:54 PM
You can try to patronize me, but it just looks foolish.

In my experience, men who think women claim they want a sensitive man but really don’t are pretending to be sensitive because that’s what they think women want. Then when the women don’t want them they blame it on her not really wanting what they were pretending to be, and get angry at her because she wasn’t fooled by him.

Deflectors at full captain!

(It's not us, it's you - there, I just did what you did but in fewer words).
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 806
Posted: 10/13/2013 7:33:48 PM
at some point the price and prize of the pun-nanny is not worth it.
It is how you get the old maid with dozens of cats
at somepoint her value of putting it out there - ended in market rejection.
so no - not always.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 807
Posted: 10/13/2013 8:35:04 PM

Which then begs the question, can a lesbian woman get "laid" (for want of a better term) when she wants to by women?

Ah, interesting question. I agree that the lesbian woman is probably in more of a comparable situation to that of the heterosexual male in terms of availability of willing partners.
 abmccray
Msg: 808
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2013 9:05:32 PM

Which then begs the question, can a lesbian woman get "laid" (for want of a better term) when she wants to by women?

Nope. Same issue as with men, but dealin with a much smaller percentage of the population. A "hot" lesbian can go to a lesbian bar and find someone or slumpbust if she has to, just as hot men do the same with women. However, average and below have the same issues average and below men have, but probably worse, given the smaller pool.
 Fleuron
Msg: 809
Posted: 10/14/2013 1:54:48 PM

Is there an echo in here? That's precisely what abmccray said, and I reiterated. I think even the slowest among us get it by now.

Oh really…..I thought he said some men get drunk deliberately in order to be able to f uck the undesirables; but apparently it’s just the boring old “blame the booze” thing. Well I guess that must work for (some) men who refuse to accept responsibility for their own behavior. It’s shockingly rampant on these forums.

Me:
Besides of which, how does being drunk make a man f uckable to ANY woman?

You:
Which was said *WHERE*, exactly? Passionate arguing of a position is sexy -- shrieky dying swan martyrdom is most definitely UNsexy...

Thinking I care if you think I’m sexy or not…..insane.

So. A man gets drunk in order to be able to f uck a woman he wouldn’t consider f ucking if he was sober….believe it or not, HE’s gonna have to be f uckable to HER, or him getting drunk for her was a waste of time and booze. Even the woman he considers so lowly he’s got to alter his consciousness first to f uck her still gets to decide if she wants his drunk ass.

Or are the drunk guys you’re referring to f ucking men?

Deflectors at full captain!

(It's not us, it's you - there, I just did what you did but in fewer words).

I think you’ve proven my point about (some) men having to fake sensitivity (among other things). EYEROLL.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 810
Posted: 10/14/2013 2:43:41 PM
I think you’ve proven my point about (some) men having to fake sensitivity (among other things). EYEROLL.

Nope, nothing proven. I have never faked sensitivity. I have only recently given up on sensitivity since it was useless like a rotten tomato.
 _browneyes4u_
Msg: 811
Posted: 10/15/2013 10:53:37 AM
Absolutely, yes!!! We sure can. Duh?? :)
 lookinfouryoutoo
Msg: 812
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2013 12:02:29 PM

So. A man gets drunk in order to be able to f uck a woman he wouldn’t consider f ucking if he was sober….believe it or not, HE’s gonna have to be f uckable to HER, or him getting drunk for her was a waste of time and booze. Even the woman he considers so lowly he’s got to alter his consciousness first to f uck her still gets to decide if she wants his drunk ass.

This is where the proverbial "fat girl" comes in to play. It's generally that chick your regular guy is thinking of hooking up with, hence the booze.
 Fleuron
Msg: 813
Posted: 10/15/2013 1:29:42 PM

This is where the proverbial "fat girl" comes in to play. It's generally that chick your regular guy is thinking of hooking up with, hence the booze.

What makes some guys assume that the “fat girl” or any other woman will have sex with any drunk ass guy?? Just because he got drunk for her? Or are you just assuming SHE is gonna be as desperate as YOU are?

Honestly I didn’t think my question was so challenging.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 814
Posted: 10/15/2013 1:57:50 PM

(AT) Which was said *WHERE*, exactly? Passionate arguing of a position is sexy -- shrieky dying swan martyrdom is most definitely UNsexy...

(fleuron) Thinking I care if you think I’m sexy or not…..insane.

Now, now, let's not get testy here... I didn't necessarily name names, luv, but now that you mention it, you *ARE* being just a wee bit shrieky... not that I would point that out, or anything...

Even the woman he considers so lowly he’s got to alter his consciousness first to f uck her still gets to decide if she wants his drunk ass.

There's your problem right there: drunk or sober, the ass is rarely if ever involved in making the Beast With Two Backs (kicking-holes-in-the-drywall-ripping-the-sheets-clawing-the-back sessions being the obvious exception...)
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 815
Posted: 10/15/2013 2:00:44 PM

(fleuron) What makes some guys assume that the “fat girl” or any other woman will have sex with any drunk ass guy??

A high correlation. Don't get mad just because it works in a lot of instances...

Just because he got drunk for her?

Apparently so.

Or are you just assuming SHE is gonna be as desperate as YOU are?

Imagine how put out a woman must feel when even a sloppo-drunk won't hit on her...
 lookinfouryoutoo
Msg: 816
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2013 3:34:16 PM

What makes some guys assume that the “fat girl” or any other woman will have sex with any drunk ass guy??

Because she did last week. Her or another girl just like her.

Or are you just assuming SHE is gonna be as desperate as YOU are?

She is more so. Luckily for some guys, these women are unwilling to settle for anyone who doesn't give them immediate chemistry, but if you do, she is more than willing to give you a hummer in the parking lot of a bar.
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 817
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2013 9:44:34 PM
I find this fat gal is going to be as desperate and she or any other gal will have sex with any drunk ass guy quite amusing. It's a nice stfu to all the American guys whining about how hard it is to get sex since it seems all they need to do is get drunk and it's a really nice stfu to all the American guys whining about what unrealistic high standards gals have since (fat) gals are oh so desperate and willing to take any drunk ass guy.
 Fleuron
Msg: 818
Posted: 10/16/2013 6:49:40 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ Agree. :) However some guys don’t seem capable of comprehending that SHE is tossing her standards on the dung heap, as well.

A high correlation. Don't get mad just because it works in a lot of instances...

She can have you, sloppy drunk or stone sober. I don’t know why you’d think I’d care, or “get mad.”

Sorry to hear you have to resort to that “a lot.”

She is more so. Luckily for some guys, these women are unwilling to settle for anyone who doesn't give them immediate chemistry, but if you do, she is more than willing to give you a hummer in the parking lot of a bar.

So it’s about sordid encounters of mutual desperation, with the guy thinking that claiming drunkenness makes him appear the lesser desperate.

Thanks for enlightening me….but now I don’t understand why anyone would brag about being pathetic.
 ladyc4
Msg: 819
Posted: 10/16/2013 7:33:41 AM

have only recently given up on sensitivity

I'm sorry to hear that and I hope that this is a temporary situation.
As for the rest of the last few pages of this benighted thread, why has it turned so very testy? Why is it become so personal? I mean, I realize that it is a "hot button" topic,especially for those who aren't getting laid as much as they'd like, and choose to be PISSED about that...but aren't we better served to keep it more academic?
Look, I reckon that just about anyone willing to submerge their standards or to open their wallets and throw money at the problem, can get laid.
So what?
Cindy O
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 820
Posted: 10/16/2013 7:48:59 AM

Look, I reckon that just about anyone willing to submerge their standards or to open their wallets and throw money at the problem, can get laid.
So what?

Yes...that's pretty much it. No one is in sexual Siberia if they are willing to do what it takes to get it done. Period.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 821
Posted: 10/16/2013 8:33:55 AM

Not whenever they want. A decent looking guy in the right decently-populated area, dropping his standards? It can end up Feeling like he could, yeah. I guess it begs the question -- Are we talking about someone not having a problem getting laid and can do so quite readily (compared to the avg guy) or are we talking about getting laid virtually Whenever They Want?

I think if one is going to submerse their "standards" -- I think guys fall into the first category, women in the latter. With that said, the guy would still require on average more effort or "standard" lowering than the woman, assuming they're both decent looking, so they have room to lower such standards.
 abmccray
Msg: 822
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2013 8:38:39 AM
She can have you, sloppy drunk or stone sober. I don’t know why you’d think I’d care, or “get mad.”

Sorry to hear you have to resort to that “a lot.”

Probably because, on forums, kneejerk responses and errors in comprehension are normally based on emotions clouding the response. Since you keep making even obvious comprehensive mistakes, it's assumed that you're responding emotionally as opposed to academically.

Example in the above quote - you conflating his broad response as a personal response. Where, in what you're responding to, did he ever refer to HIMSELF? Why would you ask if HE had to resort to that type of action "a lot?" You're making an irrational assumptive jump that has no real basis, and that's where his jump on you being emotional (probably) came from. You're dipping into ad hominem (again).

As for the first part of that, no, this hypothetical person cannot.

The idea of beer goggles, slump busting, hog chasing, etc. all comes from guys that are in a drought of being able to get what they want AT THE TIME, trading down to what they can get AT THE TIME just to fulfill that core instinct of "get laid." These are "7s" going after "3s" or whatever, just to curb their instinct for that night.

As an example, a great looking, intelligent, fun, witty, articulate guy making 150,000 a year that just ended a relationship a month ago, walks into a bar for fun with his friends. He starts drinking, starts feeling like he wants to get laid, starts looking around. Some of the women there would be interested in him, but those are not necessarily the level of what he would actually date. Since there are only like 3 women up to the level he normally dates around, and 2 are taken and 1 isn't interested, he drinks more, and his standards fall. By the end of the night, by the time he is ready to go home, he's basically saying, with the liquor's influence, that it will be better to go home with the best of the "some" there that are interested as opposed to using his hand and a sock. Whereas, sober, he wouldn't make that decision because he wouldn't want to deal with getting her out of the house in the morning (and wouldn't be as interested in sex).

This kind of stuff happens constantly and consistently. Those women couldn't NORMALLY get this guy - only when his standards are lowered momentarily by alcohol and momentary desperation would they be able to. And there's still a varying level from guy to guy, where no amount of alcohol would have an effect on that decision.

This is an extension of the same mentality that starts "this guy isn't that into me" threads. Many of the top half of guys have just-in-case women to curb their instincts when they go through dry spells of what they really want. That's pretty much the inverse of a woman with guy "friends" that she keeps around that she doesn't want to date but use for similar attention.

Ironically, those guys keeping those women's hopes up is a big reason why average and below guys can't get relationships or "laid whenever they want."

As I said earlier, I've seen current attractive baseball pitchers making 10,000,000 a year put beer googles on and go for people below their standards at the bar, just because they were going home that night and didn't feel like doing so alone at the time. No she wouldn't "be able to get him drunk or not." It's just timing and (lack of) opportunity.
 abmccray
Msg: 823
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2013 8:47:43 AM

I'm sorry to hear that and I hope that this is a temporary situation.
As for the rest of the last few pages of this benighted thread, why has it turned so very testy? Why is it become so personal? I mean, I realize that it is a "hot button" topic,especially for those who aren't getting laid as much as they'd like, and choose to be PISSED about that...but aren't we better served to keep it more academic?
So what?
Cindy O

It was touched on above, but this keeps continuing because of posts like yours. Outside, of course, the "testy" posts, which were triggered by the usual suspects making everything a gender war back and forth.

As touched upon above by Confident, there is a huge gulf between getting laid whenever they want.

- An average woman can just walk into a bar and lower their standards, maybe by a SINGLE degree or by ignoring a SINGLE attribute (ie. "well, I'm not looking for a relationship, so this guy being dumb doesn't matter for tonight").

- An average guy can get laid at any time IF they happen to have 200 dollars in their pocket and IF the escort happens to be available at that time, or IF they can even get it up with an entirely different sex than what they're interested in, or IF the prostitue on the corner isn't a cop or doesn't rob him with the help of her pimp.

Yeah, they're entirely the same thing if you ignore the huge gulf in degrees of difference.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >