Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want? Page 5 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
"Two things a man cannot have, are bad sex and bad pizza. Even when they're horrible, they're still pretty damn good!"

I beg to differ VERY INTENSELY. On both counts. I've had pizza that literally made me so sick, I lost three days of work, AND I've had sex so bad that it made me want to leave the planet. The latter especially.

As for the annoying idea that "any one who wants to can find a reasonably acceptable, willing partner when ever they like blah blah," that gem of garbage has been blathered in my hearing for my whole life. And I can say for a fact, that it's ego-driven nonsense. I have both been someone who couldn't, and known plenty of other wonderful people who couldn't even manage to get a civil WORD out of others, for extended periods of time, and for no particular reason.
We humans are a remarkably quirky lot, to say the least. Some folks have a natural knack for locating, identifying, and landing a companion. Naturally, THEY think that everyone is like they are ability-wise (most of us psychologically assume we are all more or less alike, on some inner level, even as we go around proclaiming our superiority), and therefore conclude all manner of prejudicial negative things about those of us who DON'T have the natural ability. I think it's no different than any other human endeavor. Some of us just can NOT manage math, others can't put together a clear sentence on paper no matter how long we try, and some of us can be reasonably attractive, but STILL get turned down endlessly, no matter what. I imagine there's some sort of 'chaos theory' or something to explain it, but nevertheless.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want?
Posted: 6/4/2011 10:25:31 AM
If you've ever watched a show called, "The Pickup Artist"...... You can see it's something that can be learned, and taught. It's much easier to pick someone up if you have a wing man, or wing woman. It's how you dress (style), and the things you say that peak an interest in women/men. It's actually more subliminal. For me.... I suggest just being yourself.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/4/2011 9:03:18 PM
"The problem here is that this line of reasoning goes on a lot of assumptions, the main one being that women are in a perpetual state of being propositioned for sex."

ooooh howdy come to a Navy town when the carrier is in port. Pure sausage fest.
Puget Deb syndrome is alive and well. If a girl cant get it in her locality, she is CERTAINLY getting it in Bremerton. And there is indeed the 'I can get laid when ever I want from that side of the gender pool in that town'
If I wasnt there for work, I never would have landed in that town by choice.
 Casper66
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2011 1:28:39 AM
I think women can probably get laid easier than men can, depends on the woman and the man, some pretty good pick up artists out there. Quantity doesn't mean quality thou, do I really want some drunk guy from a bar who in all probability won't get past himself getting off and I'm left unsatisfied, I would rather be more selective and build a sexual relationship where both of us are comfortable and want to please are partners, so it's mutually gratifying.
 Violet_Tigress
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/5/2011 9:46:14 PM

You can see it's something that can be learned, and taught.

Yeah.... That requires someone to learn FROM.

It's much easier to pick someone up if you have a wing man, or wing woman.

Yeah.... Again, having a wingman/woman requires having someone who wants to/can go out with you. That's not so easy to come by.
 Simon4567
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/6/2011 2:44:48 PM
after coming on this site, i discovered i could get sex easy. now if i could only have sex with the right woman, hmm
 sobeityy
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/7/2011 12:30:35 PM
unless you have no arms
 magicallaroundme
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/7/2011 7:56:12 PM
Most probably there is a distorted mythology that many women perpetuate as they seem to think that that it benifits them somehow.

How many times have you heard a fat, ugly and uncommonly uncouth woman brag that she can walk into any bar, anywhere, and go home with whomever she pleases. (I have yet to see any of them actually do it.) You don't hear it as often from 7 and above. My guess is that they have a better understanding of their limitations because they actually have an opportunity to prove it but don't have the sense of infallibility that the less pleasing have. Your Naomi Wolf types, however, are convinced that the more repulsive that you make yourself the more desirable that you become.

I am not saying that a reasonably comely female can't get anyone. The big catch is "reasonably comely". Some women tout that being horridly belecose is in heavy demand as is being bloated and arrogant. Women that are more capable of capitalizing on looks have a better idea of where the buck stops than the ones who are not capable. They keep in mind "what if he doesn't like me", as rarely as it may occur, is a very real possibility.

No niceguy has any real chance at all but he does get what he wants. He is passive to decrease the odds of confrontation that he will in all probability lose. He gets the peace that he seeks if not the piece. Trouble is that he often selects the most inherently disagreeable as the objects of his ardor. A 2 will pick a fight with him far more often than an 8. He goes with the Ugly Duckling mythos and discounts the reality of better looking is likely better tempered.

Bottom line is a niceguy has problems and he knows it but an unattractive woman highlights her hideousness and calls bad good. Both have their difficulties.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/8/2011 9:24:59 AM
Maybe the question should be re-phrased:

Is it easier for a woman to find a sex partner who satisfies her requirements, than it is for a man to find a sex partner who satisfies his requirements?
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/8/2011 9:32:38 AM

How many times have you heard a fat, ugly and uncommonly uncouth woman brag that she can walk into any bar, anywhere, and go home with whomever she pleases. magicallaroundme
well that's what we up in my neck of the woods refer to as a " swamp donkey" but having said that, most of these women that goes into a bar and picks up guys are somewhat confident because they know there will men that will say yes. Does it mean they will get the Prime choice, no but some one will say yes.

I truly believe the majority of women can get laid if they want but that doesn't mean that they will, most women cannot have sex just like that, most guys will drop their drawers in 10 seconds if some woman said hey do you want get laid, or can I ride your choo choo train.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/8/2011 9:44:10 AM
Either gender can get laid pretty much whenever they want if they're willing to lower their standards until they reach their goal.

The question is :

which gender would have to lower their standards the LEAST ?
 abelian
Msg: 138
Posted: 6/8/2011 10:29:17 AM

which gender would have to lower their standards the LEAST ?

Well, if a guy's standard for just gettig laid is based on physical appearance and he has a few hundred dollars burning a hole in his pocket, he doesn't have to lower it at all.
 MsMicki
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2011 10:55:23 AM
Well crap......now I'm a swamp donkey!
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/8/2011 11:13:04 AM

Well crap......now I'm a swamp donkey!
LOL, only you would say that Ms.Micki as I smack my forehead, well you know you're not one

U make it entertaining
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/8/2011 7:46:29 PM

Getting laid can be a bit habit forming... If you're used to getting it regularly, you tend to crave it more... go a while without and you can get used to not getting it...

^^^ True dat!
 ComplekCity
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/9/2011 7:43:01 AM
Getting laid can be a bit habit forming... If you're used to getting it regularly, you tend to crave it more... go a while without and you can get used to not getting it...

Pierre True Dat !!!!

... and it's interesting how you're body knows the difference between the real thing and self service right after you get out of a relationship by suddenly needing it constantly - it's as if it goes into panic mode !

( just finishes self service and the little head looks up at me like " you're kidding me , right ? We're not back to THIS again are we ???? " )
 MsMicki
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2011 8:51:08 AM
^^^^ well that visual will keep a giggle in my soul for the rest of the day!!

I have never "got used to not getting it"......
and I hope like hell I never do!
 Vannili
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2011 9:10:33 AM
My nieghbor has no problem getting laid all the time, OOps, I lied not all the time, her days off is saturday and sunday, saturday to do her laundry and go
to church on sunday.

According to her when she was young she is always getting laid in exchange of diamonds jewelries,mink coat, cars, travels, money,ect ect,.
Now, that she is 50 "something" she is still getting laid all the time , her secret is she gave it for free, You know how men are (yesss I generalize! they want a free RIDE) !!!!
 Vannili
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2011 11:09:23 AM
^^^^^ thanks for the heckling, that means a lot to me ... Gee, I still got it even I am a has been comedian..

oh, I forgot her phone number in my imagination.
nah ,I did not show up to tease..

Vannili The shark
 ladyc4
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/9/2011 11:43:35 AM

How many times have you heard a fat, ugly and uncommonly uncouth woman brag that she can walk into any bar, anywhere, and go home with whomever she pleases. (I have yet to see any of them actually do it.)

That's because they didn't please anybody.
Cindy O
 browneyesboo
Msg: 150
Posted: 6/9/2011 12:44:34 PM
I didn't actually realize finding someone (to date or have sex
with)was the problem.

Both of these are easy to find (even for heifers).

It's not even a matter of lowering standards, because there
are a lot of attractive, interesting people out there. It's mostly about
finding someone you want to spend more than a day or
just one night with.

I would say that yeah, I (as well as most women I know) could
decide they wanted to have sex and could go about making that
happen. I think it's true with guys as well. Most people, however (at least
the ones I know) just aren't interested in a bunch of one night
stands.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 151
Posted: 6/9/2011 1:19:20 PM

I would say that yeah, I (as well as most women I know) could
decide they wanted to have sex and could go about making that
happen. I think it's true with guys as well. Most people, however (at least
the ones I know) just aren't interested in a bunch of one night
stands.browneyesboo
while I agree with women part, I disagree on the guys part,
Unless the guy is Extremely attractive, wealthy super confident or famous the average guy with low self esteem isnt getting laid unless he's paying for it.

I was in this other thread cant recall the guys name but he posted that he wasnt meeting a single person because he's unemployed, no car, has long hair and states he's extremely intelligent, now I bet if he added he's wealthy no matter what his looks are like, he will attract all sorts of women wanted to bop his banana.

I bet if any women posts in their profiles " I want to get laid on the weekend" they would get a ton of emails doesnt mean its all quality guys but its easier for women ( if they wanted that) vs Men especially unattractive, insecure Wally types
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 152
Posted: 6/9/2011 1:41:26 PM

Unless the guy is Extremely attractive, wealthy super confident or famous the average guy with low self esteem isn't getting laid unless he's paying for it.

I agree that different people may have to do different things to get laid...but both men and women can get laid whenever they want, regardless of how easy or hard it is, how attractive or desirable (or not) they or their targets are, or whether or not it's meaningful or not. The bottom line is it's possible for both genders. The end.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 153
Posted: 6/9/2011 1:59:16 PM

.but both men and women can get laid whenever they want, regardless of how easy or hard it is, how attractive or desirable (or not) they or their targets are, or whether or not it's meaningful or not. The bottom line is it's possible for both genders. The end.
sorry Woman in Progress you're Wrong..... There are a lot of homely guys that cant get laid even if they try and pick up a swamp donkey, even the women on here who have low self esteem, below average looks, insecure you name it, will get a least one proposition from some loser or horn dog that wants his ham slammed.

Look at some of the guys on the forums that whine about not meeting women or even receiving a email, if they cant receive emails on here they are not getting laid , not unless they are paying for it.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2011 4:03:18 PM

simce we have a lot of whale sized uncouthe were never pretty a day in their lives women here, I just want to say, over the years, I have repeatedly seen them go home with one hottie after another, and as they age, the hotties stay young.

you're kidding, right?

i don't want to think about how many years it's been!

most of my life - even when i was thinner - i often went years between partners.

I already know that being fatter does not leave me without admirers.

i've spent my entire adulthood living in 3 major Canadian cities and i can tell you that this is not the case here.

It's not a goal I seek to please men, but to please myself

i'm sick of working out and not losing weight... i'm getting the intragastric balloon because i'm tired of the people who don't believe my profile and you can see their eyes glaze over when they meet me. plus i'd like to actually have sex again sometime in this lifetime...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >