Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Humanity~ what does it mean to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 18
Humanity~ what does it mean to you?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I thank you so very sweetly for your kind, thoughful response and link Anna~
peace and love to you always doll~
 aremeself
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Humanity~ what does it mean to you?
Posted: 5/15/2011 2:17:28 PM
to msg 22, margo;
Humanity to me is having faith in something greater than ourselves that is pure goodness binding us all together in hope for a better today.

yes, that takes the hopelessness out of it!

humanity on its own seems to have been a failure, wouldn't you say?
how long are we going to go down that path.

personally, I get a lot more satisfaction dwelling on perfect creation than on where humanity is headed.
 fastdogphotog
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2011 4:16:58 PM
When I think of humanity, I think of creativity.

in the arts;
in literature;
in music;
in governments and legal systems;
in religion;
in science;
in sexuality;
in poetry;
in relationships and love;
and, unfortunately, also

in cruelty;
in war;
and in terror.

To me, that is what represents humanity. Our ability to conceive, imagine, design and implement new ideas in so many different facets of life; both for good and for ill.
 sum1reel
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/15/2011 8:00:53 PM

Humanity to me is having faith in something greater than ourselves that is pure goodness binding us all together in hope for a better today.

the ^ above captioned statement best defines Spirituality, not Humanity....it would have been best written as:

Spirituality... to me is having faith in something greater than ourselves that is pure goodness binding us all together in hope for a better today.

To me, that is what represents humanity. Our ability to conceive, imagine, design and implement new ideas in so many different facets of life; both for good and for ill.

^ well said!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 4:57:11 AM
From another angle:

If I were trying to get across to a REAL Alien, what Humanity is all about, I'd commend to it/they/thee/them, that if you study everything you can about us, learn it all, ponder it for eons, and construct carefully matched analysis and insightful deductions...that you STILL wont have a frick-frackin' clue what in the sam hill a particular individual human might do.

And I seriously think that is more important to realize than all the things we accomplish, together and apart, and all the things we do wrong.
 aremeself
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 9:09:05 AM
its pretty hard thinking about the 'arts', when you are getting you toes and other things pulled off [war].

humanity; fail.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Humanity~ what does it mean to you?