Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sexyisback!
Msg: 26
Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women...$$.$/tongue ?Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Could be he is very very very very very very well endowed. Packing a 10". He is hung like a horse. The ladies pretty or not like a big one. Could be.

and/or maybe he has a tongue like a Collie??

AND can can use it tirelessly for hours on end?

that, and/or he has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ & is not afraid to spend some ?
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....
Posted: 1/22/2011 8:48:57 AM
Honore de Balzac was short, fat, in very poor health and seriously broke most of the time.

When he died, over 300 women -- including royalty, including the queen of Russia -- came to his funeral.

Honore was a Charming man, who also knew the mannerisms.

JFK, handsome and rich, was also a man of Charm, who when talking with a woman was TOTALLY into listening to her. Nearly 50 years later there are STILL woman who met him who marvel at his intensity of listening to them.

I once knew a Vice-President of Sales who said ALL salespeople needed to match their personalities to individual customers to get the deal. We called him "The Chameleon" and none of us who worked for him knew who he really was. We wondered if his wife knew.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that "charm" crap and making people feel "like" they are soooooooo "special". like that's ever gonna happen anytime soon

It is a LOT of work, isn't it. And there is no "you" there, just a made-up image. But it does work, if one is so inclined to lead a different life with everyone one meets.

<div class='quote'>maybe he didn't know himself..at his core, he was a hollow man..? nothing there?

I doubt that. He seemed to know himself in far greater detail than might be expected of any mere mortal.

<div class='quote'> is it your suggestion then to be a fake person, bending oneself to meet what the "other" wants or expects, having no real beliefs or life philosophies of one's own..

to be a 'hollow man' ?

That's what Charm is. That's how the game is played, if one wants to play the game. Far and away, most people don't want to play. There is no "you" there.

<div class='quote'>all that just to maybe get laid more? no, thanks

Most usually, it's done for money and/or power, sometimes revenge for perceived past trespasses.

Most people don't do it. When someone does, it is noticeable.
 Walts
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/22/2011 9:06:24 AM
I'm bald!!!!!

Okay where are these chickies???????

Oh yeah, I forgot about that "charm" crap and making people feel "like" they are soooooooo "special". like that's ever gonna happen anytime soon
 ChillinChill
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/22/2011 9:07:19 AM
I must say this as a friendly reminder to posters " Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I've dated men that I thought were perfectly delious and gorgeous and my friends found him Fa fa fa fugly. They also thought them "out of my league". I hate that kind of thinking. If it's MY league, I'll invite who ever I want to sign up.
 sexyisback!
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/22/2011 9:08:04 AM

I once knew a Vice-President of Sales who said ALL salespeople needed to match their personalities to individual customers to get the deal. We called him "The Chameleon" and none of us who worked for him knew who he really was. We wondered if his wife knew.

maybe he didn't know himself..at his core, he was a hollow man..? nothing there?

is it your suggestion then to be a fake person, bending oneself to meet what the "other" wants or expects, having no real beliefs or life philosophies of one's own..

to be a 'hollow man' ?

all that just to maybe get laid more? no, thanks
 niagara45
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/22/2011 9:11:11 AM

They aren't particularly handsome, many are balding and have flaws....but women seem drawn to them. What's up with that?

Well you've described an "average looking" guy. I mean, what percentage of men actually are handsome? Maybe 20 percent, TOPS. Women are attracted by a range of qualities, one of the most often mentioned is humour. The vast majority of us dig a guy who can make us laugh. If he laughs at himself, and doesn't have a mean streak in his humour, that's even better. Being intelligent, a good listener, and a strong shoulder to lean on go a long way too.

I don't know why the average guy wouldn't be attracted to beautiful women. They are just as likely as less attractive women to be good mates, but with the added bonus of being easy to look at.
 Vannili
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2011 9:19:24 AM
I'm bald !!!!
Okay where are these chickies ????????

I am here, * cast down eyes very low voice* but I am not beautiful.

It is well known in the world that you are sexy bald and millionaire, for all the money you save for not going to the Barber shop for a hair cut...
 CMonster
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/22/2011 9:36:32 AM

They aren't particularly handsome, many are balding and have flaws....but women seem drawn to them. What's up with that?

Well you've described an "average looking" guy. I mean, what percentage of men actually are handsome? Maybe 20 percent, TOPS.

I don't know if 20% of guys could be considered handsome or not, but I'd like to think that no more than 20% of women are only interested in the guy's looks and finances. If that's the case, the other 80% would just need to sidestep those people and let them go after each other. They might be perfect matches.
 ladyc4
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/22/2011 10:03:31 AM
I'll go along with the "intelligence,a true sense of humor and wit, an ability to make people feel like they matter, and a sense that all this comes from the heart, not a painted-on facade, false "charm", or "having game". " The "broken wing" thing may have a degree of accuracy but it's because he really does care, it's not a "strategy" or something he looks for to make use of.
While this is certainly not true of ALL extremely good-looking, well-to-do men, there can be a tendency for men who believe the "world is their oyster" because of their physical appearance and financial means, to be arrogant ,to treat women with condescension, to be snobs,etc.

Some people, both men and women, simply have been gifted with having a way with people, that doesn't rely on looks or finances. While we can all strive to be better examples of our species and gender, I'm inclined to doubt that this gift-when it's the real deal- can be learned or bought.
Cindy O
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/22/2011 10:09:16 AM
the quick answer to your question is usually preceded by the word "no"; as in "no ********!!!"
 ALMOSTABLONDE
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/22/2011 10:13:04 AM

but I am not beautiful
M. don't be silly, you are cute & have posted great & funny stuff in the forums. In the eyes of those who love you, you are much more than beautiful
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/22/2011 11:27:55 AM

So, what is it about certain men that seem to have the inside track with women, they don't have to have "toys", cars, money, boats....why do we females gravitate toward them like so many salmon swimming upstream?? Any ideas?
Does the phrase " beauty is in the eye of the beholder " or in some case " the beer holder" mean anything to you? those men that you talk about that isn't " handsome " in your eyes is handsome in someone Else's eyes

I recently had a discussion with a few teammates of mine on my hockey team( those that dont know what ice hockey is, its a game played on a frozen water and we wear skates , hockey sticks chasing a puck trying to score on a goaltender) one guy on our team thinks that Paris Hilton is hot and gives her a perfect 10... ewwwwwwwwwwww, she' s a ten alright , on the beer scale IMO, but it shows you what one thinks is hot and few( including me) thinks " hell no" a few us places her on the beer scale between 8-10
 carolann0308
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2011 11:46:14 AM
Popularity in adults is usually due to kindness, being a good listener and a supportive friend. Being naturally charming is a gift just like good looks or great hair.
A good friend of mine looks like Lou Costello but has dozens of close friends and women adore him, why? He is funny warm and treats everyone like they are very important to him. He never forgets a birthday and makes you laugh until it hurts.
 daynadaze
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2011 12:28:54 PM
Well I do think that just as many 'beautiful' people are just as insecure as us 'ugly' people are suppose to be plus beauty is subjective and while some ugly people think they are beautiful some pretty people think they are ugly. You really can't guess by looking at just who is feeling like a prize and who is just hoping someone will want them.

As for one's preference, I don't know that you can control that, if a man is hot for models or celebs, etc., he is, it isn't in any way effecting me since we are not in the same ballpark. It's like trying to analyze while 2o people on POF aren't interested instead of paying attention to the 5 who are. in the end, who cares?

I found dating much easier and more relaxing when I figured out that those interested in something I'm not, are people I don't need to worry about. They just aren't, why bang my head against a wall wishing they'd want me instead...and really, why would I want them? I think many times we get way too caught up in those who don't want us or don't treat us well and miss out on some really great people we are ignoring while chasing whys.

Why are these trophy people interested in the not-trophy people? I'm guessing about as many reason as there are people...money, attention, worship, fun, really like them....who knows.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/22/2011 12:43:27 PM
Everyone is wrong.

Its OBVIOUSLY supernatural phenomenon. Dude must have sold his soul to the devil, im guessing.
 Revilors
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/22/2011 2:28:34 PM
The "phenomenon" you are referring to is maturity.

My theory is...is the older we get...the more we become attracted to the non-aesthetic qualities in others. When I was younger...I would have dated the Sea Hag if she was physically attractive. Now...I can be repulsed by a very attractive lady...if I found her to be otherwise inside.

Those of us that have spent our lives mildly aesthetically challenged have perhaps developed other assets to raise our stock. Take someones eyesight away...and their sense of touch, taste, smell and hearing become more acute.

Maybe these ladies are now looking for someone that hears well.
 ChillinChill
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/22/2011 3:18:54 PM
People both men and woman use different resources to attract other people. What attracts me may not attract the next person. What some might find tacky or ridiculous behavior the next person might think that is extremely attractive. That's easily understood .

I wouldnt pose in my bra on the floor if I was paid to do it. I am surprized POF allows someone posing in their underwear. I wouldn't want that kind of attention. OP you think it's attractive. I don't.
So what one might deem worthy of their attention someone else might find it pathetic.

I'm guessing that is the reason someone asks a question that is so obviously answered, for attention.

My mother used to say " It takes all kinds to make the world go around". I understood that at the ripe old age of 10, before she passed away.

So OP, you think the man balding, and unattractive while others find him endearing.
I assume we are talking about someone you know and not a hypothetical situation here. Whichever the answer is obvious.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/22/2011 3:52:10 PM
Some are just naturally gifted in attracting women while others have to learn and work at it. I had one friend who was lucky enough to have his sister coach him and to this day I've never seen a man as good as he. He's a decent guy and has a lot of integrity, got married and had a child of his own.

I think all men can master this, but sadly, it takes some a very long time. :(
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/22/2011 4:07:19 PM

So, beautiful women couldn't possibly be interested in an 'ordinary' looking man UNLESS he had money, is that what you are saying? No shades of grey in your world I take it.

Why would the drop dead gorgeous knock out women settle for ground beef when they could have filet mignon?There is no way a 25 year old hottie is turned on by a bald,fat,middle aged guy unless there is something in it for them monetarily.If they are getting turned on by anything it's the money and power.

And the urban myth beats on.I suppose older men who are buying women have to comfort themselves with the thought that she really loves me for me.
 ladyc4
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/22/2011 4:32:35 PM

How do you not know whats up? These men have money and these women are engaging in a form of legal prostitution.

So, beautiful women couldn't possibly be interested in an 'ordinary' looking man UNLESS he had money, is that what you are saying? If they weren't *quite* as beautiful, would they still be engaging in prostitution? No shades of grey in your world apparently.

Since the OP is actually about 'ordinary' men having luck with beautiful women though despite the fact that they don't have any money, toys, etc, as the OP mentioned, I will ignore the rest of that kneejerk nonsense since I actually read the O-Post.

I suspect the poster who wrote that comment may have missed the paragraph about NOT having "toys",money,etc.

But that does bring up an interesting point...some threads here of late make it sound like it is somehow WRONG for a woman to date a man unless he has LESS money, property,resources than she,because to date a man on the same or higher economic/material possessions level is gold-digging or "engaging in a legal form of prostitution".
Now, one hears that it's still not uncommon for men to back away from women who are highly educated and highly paid. One is more likely to find that a man who does not hesitate to date a woman with a higher income/more material possessions is a man who either cannot or will not stand on his own 2 financial feet, or a man who has had some adversity( not infrequently, of his own making due to bad choices) and is looking for a way to bootstrap himself out of that situation.
So what is it women are supposed to do...ignore every other factor EXCEPT a similar economic situation in order to avoid the appearance of a gold digger, or a woman who has to "buy" a man?
I would certainly hate to be a contributor to the encouragement of gigolo-ism, and oddly enough a woman does not have to be anywhere NEAR wealthy to have bootstrappers approaching her.
What's next? Everyone wearing Tshirts that state their age, marital status,type of relationship they are looking for, AND their educational and financial levels?

Actually, the male who appears "average", or "ordinary" can be a draw for a woman who is tired of the headf*ckery from men on the ends of the spectrum in terms of looks, wealth,and education. Perhaps an average looking guy of average financial resources seems like better company, free of the 'game' and the posturing. I can imagine that very attractive women may feel like dating a very attractive man is a battle of wits and egos.
Just some thoughts that occurred to me...
Cindy O
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/22/2011 4:45:12 PM
The same can be said for women, some people just attract quality people into their lives easily, while others struggle and struggle to and never succeed.

I have known many women like that.
I am no raving beauty myself but have had (and have) very niceloooking, succesful and good-hearted men right in the palm of my hand.

My theory, is that some women/men, no matter how beautiful or succesful or young or whatnot, dont feel like they are good enough or on the same level as the man they desire, and their lack of confidence shows.
Others may be far from perfect, physically, mentally, baggagewise, or in age, but love themselves and have a strong healthy ego, and consider themselves as good or better than anyone else.

People usually pick up on that, and are drawn to it like moths to a flame.

So how is your Homeless Boyfriend and Rival from Russia? Still playing house in the storage unit?
 CrazyCanuckz
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/22/2011 5:00:03 PM

I think all men can master this, but sadly, it takes some a very long time. :(

Not true the basics you can master within 6 to 12 months. The hard part is keeping and finding a woman that is compatible with you.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/22/2011 5:01:30 PM

^^^ The OP never mentioned age differences in who these men were dating, so where did that come from? It's not an age thread. She was wondering what qualities these men possessed that led women to them like the pied piper, WITHOUT them having any money, toys, trinkets, and being 'average' looking to boot. Imagine that. And,if you are going to quote me, quote me in entirety, not snippets to fulfill your agenda.

GAWD!!!!!!!!!!

Now we are lumping fat and age difference into this ridiculous thread???????

Forget the height insults??
The title of the thread is totally misleading as to the content..and where is the .. OP???

I will decide what I find attractive in a man..If he happens to be bald, thats great I don't have to make hair appointments for him or share my expensive organic shampoo..

I hate having my shampoo used..they always take the last bit and there you are ..Wet head..wanting and needy.
 ladyc4
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/22/2011 5:08:23 PM
Nothing like being soaking wet in the shower and discovering no soap- yell for the DH to hand me a bar and what he hands in is the tin of saddlesoap.
My vote goes to "sense of humor" as the attraction for these average looking guys who could make a trophy belt of the attractive women flocking around him.
Cindy O
 happybunny8
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/22/2011 5:13:49 PM
My bio father was the type of man who attracted women. He was fun, easy going (and yes, compared to of what I see men posting on here, he was a million times more easy going and used to laugh at how some of the men on here thought!), he had class, he wasn't afraid to spend a buck, he laughed easily, but had strong opinions and enjoyed discussing people issues and he really listened.

Now, he often attracted the wrong type of woman, but I never heard him talk badly about women like I see men on here talk about women. He took responsibility for his mistakes. He wasn't afraid to cry. He was also very gentle and could always find humour in a situation (sometimes it would be after the situation though).

Plus he had good stories :)

I can't pinpoint what it was, but the sum of several traits put together often make that kind of man.

There are a few of those men on these forums as well.

As for men only relating to beautiful women, I have not really observed or watched for that behaviour. I think men might be better able to provide examples or reasons why.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....