Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 51
Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Men who can only relate to beautiful women is really pretty lame. If the subject is about attracting beautiful women I see it like this. If you show respect and make ALL people around you feel good about themselves you are going to attract all kinds of people. Find something good to say.

I like to surround myself with people who make me feel good about myself. I imagine everyone else does too.
 eddee shaw
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....
Posted: 1/22/2011 6:07:42 PM
Well it has to do with better pheromones. See my post under" Instant chemistry" on this forum. IT goes back to our ancestors. Early tribal societies where usually polygamist. In a tribal Polygamist socity you are able to produce more offspring. Scientifically speaking the only purpose in life is to pass on our genetic code.
The way attraction works is by physiology . Chemicals neurotransmitters and a bunch of chemicals doing there thing inside your brain create the attraction. If you take that into today world it would work the same. Some men have better genes which are more compatible to woman other men of not so compatible genes. Back in prehistoric tribal days there were no religious taboos preventing people from having mutable partners.. Those genes and that genetic code are left in our bodies today. so just a little more science.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/22/2011 7:18:13 PM
Truthfully, I have never met a man such as this!
 RushLuv
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/22/2011 7:22:37 PM

They aren't particularly handsome, many are balding and have flaws....but women seem drawn to them. What's up with that?

So, what is it about certain men that seem to have the inside track with women, they don't have to have "toys", cars, money, boats....why do we females gravitate toward them like so many salmon swimming upstream?? Any ideas?

I guess they figured the men you find to be beneath you, need love, too.
 colt8301
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/23/2011 4:52:36 AM

So, what is it about certain men that seem to have the inside track with women, they don't have to have "toys", cars, money, boats....why do we females gravitate toward them like so many salmon swimming upstream?? Any ideas?

Personally i feel that's just the way things work out. Just like some women are great with handling men. Some people are good at things and some people are not.

Another thing I feel anyone who claims to only "relate" to a certain subset of people are "as%*oles" and full of it. If we had similar experiences and stresses no matter the looks we can relate. That don't sound right "I only relate to beautiful women"...."I only want to screw "beautiful" women" sounds more correct.
 abelian
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/23/2011 6:41:59 AM

Why would the drop dead gorgeous knock out women settle for ground beef when they could have filet mignon?

Well, I'm a fairly average looking guy and I've had one girl friend who was in a Playboy pictorial and one who was runner-up for Miss Southwest Texas. I guess it was my charm because it certainly wasn't my looks, money, power or car.
 karma1160
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/23/2011 8:24:33 AM
Men that women gravitate toward have a few personality characteristics that others
have not refined yet and in my opinion.
This is my list:
Charm- they make you feel like a million bucks, like they just won the lottery!

Vulnerability- they allow you to see them at their vulnerable state and naturally a womans first instinct is to go to that vulnerability and soothe it.

Happiness-They seem to enjoy themselves and are not into drama

They ask you intelligent questions in a way, that leads you to believe they respect your opinion.

They are givers, not always asking what you can do for them.

They smell good! lol

Ps. Inattention only works on young women that want the prize of conquering.

Why would I be interested in someone who is not paying attention, when I can get the attention from someone who genuinely shows me they are interested!!!!!!!!!!
 happybunny8
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/23/2011 9:07:24 AM
^^^I agree, this describes the traits my bio Dad had as well.

I've said over and over on these forums that everyone likes to feel they are being listened to and that someone is paying attention and is interested in what you are saying.

Not asking questions or asking the same questions over and over doesn't contribute to any kind of conversation I'm interested in having.

This is why many men fail at the first email. Saying "hi" may work on some women and profiles, but other women can't stand this.

I'm sure that if you were to put a bunch of physically similar men together and have them send out emails, I'm sure the ones who ask at least one question (other than how are you) and are able to continue an online email discussion in a mature manner will have more success.

I truly think however that some of these traits cannot be taught. Some men will always try too hard. I don't think that a man should be "trying" to make a woman laugh. Laughter that comes naturally and together is always the best. And truly the only way this happens is when two people meet and have a similar sense of humour.

Some men try to be funny around me and they just annoy me. I dated a man who needed attention and used humour for that. He could not express himself in serious situations though (perhaps he can now), but I felt he was not self-aware. I've since dated men where the humour was shared and not for attention's sake - it was a noticeable difference.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/23/2011 9:49:13 AM
Beauty and attraction is very personal and really in the eye of the beholder.

The man I met from here had a few good ' day to day' pics of himself on his profile, and I liked them. His written profile was super blunt, stated basically that he had his s*it together and only wanted to meet likeminded.

I loved his profile.

We chatted, met in real life..and he told me he had tried online dating for a very, very long time and was rejected a million times.

I was flabbergasted really. I thought he would have had a ton of interest. I think he is sooooo good lookin'. The more I know him, the better lookin' he gets.

See?

Before I emailed him, I also sent a few notes to other men and I was politely told I was not thier type.

Yet some men do think I am beautiful on the outside.

It is subjective, like which flavors of ice cream are best. My favorite kind is not everyone else's favorite kind and thats the stuff that makes life interesting to say the least.
 Twilightslove
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2011 11:12:50 AM
I said:

In my opinion there is nothing more appealing than a person who genuinely cares about everyone they come into contact with.

WWW said:

Yup, and once they can fake that, they got it made.

By saying genuine I was saying REAL If you have to fake caring for people that you come into contact with they eventually realize that you are just a fake. Sometimes people are just afraid to step outside their norms and look at different types of people openly. All people have value; it is up to the individual seeking others in their lives to openly try to understand the other persons values so that they can appreciate them more.

It really isn't that hard to see good things in other people if you really want to see. By learning to appreciate all people for who they are, instead of who you want them to be, you might find that they appreciate you back for caring.

I should think most people want to know they are cared about so if it is just a matter of learning how to give more care then it doesn't seem like such a hard thing to do.

I wasn't considering the players or gigolos when the OP posted. Perhaps I missed the point of their initial post.

I find that everyone has their own idea of what they consider beautiful or not and that most people appreciate different qualities and personalities more than others yet most people are beautiful in their own way. It's just up to me or whoever to realize what is beautiful about the person that they come into contact with.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/23/2011 11:24:26 AM
Well the initial question answers itself...dug! If the guy can attract beautiful women why would he bother to pursue ugly ones? Lol!

As for the underlying question.... I don't know the answer but my experience is that of a then and now comparison.

When I first got divorced I was in great shape, had plenty of money was in my late 30's owned a few houses and and had a growing business....contrasted by three years ago I lost everything, gained weight and was solidly in my forties...now broke, crappy car, renting a basement, working dead-end jobs and gained 30 pounds..... and the quantity/quality women I dated never changed. In fact, they actually got younger...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/23/2011 11:57:09 AM

Confidence..
Humour...
Being comfortable around women... no desperation, no overt sexuality... just simply living life...

So simple, so true. Too bad more men don't just let go of the need to find a formulaic way to be a hit with the ladies, and just find a way to be happy with who they are and enjoy life. That's usually all it takes.

Some times trying hard to be liked by a certain faction of society is exactly what prevents it from happening. It's when you don't try and don't care that people are drawn to you...(genuinely) not needing anyone else's approval to be happy in your life is a powerful aphrodesiac to a lot of people...many will want to be around that.

Since attractive men AND women are subjective, perhaps we see women as attractive that others don't and men as unattractive that others don't...in that case we really can't say there's a certain type that's attractive to a certain thing regardless, eh?
 CMonster
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/23/2011 12:54:02 PM

Some times trying hard to be liked by a certain faction of society is exactly what prevents it from happening. It's when you don't try and don't care that people are drawn to you...(genuinely) not needing anyone else's approval to be happy in your life is a powerful aphrodesiac to a lot of people...many will want to be around that.

This should be the canned response whenever a "Nice Guy, Woe is Me" thread is created.
 MarnieEdgar
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/23/2011 1:04:32 PM
Its called personal magnetism. Some people just have it and it has nothing to do with looks. Its a difficult thing to define. I have seen it in some average looking people who don`t even have that much confidence in themselves. Granted, its a rare quality, and when you see it you can`t explain it...
 forums1
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/23/2011 1:55:35 PM
One phenomenon I've observed is a man who seems to gravitate toward beautiful women and has a string of them on his belt like so many trophies.

Is he gravitating to them, or are they gravitating to him? Big difference.

They aren't particularly handsome, many are balding and have flaws....but women seem drawn to them. What's up with that?

I resemble that "balding with flaws" remark.

I worked with a woman (in my dept, though she's moved to another dept now) who, seriously, when I started the job *everyone* was telling me how "hot" she was (and she is)... she wound up in our dept for a few years, and commented one time while I was sitting w/ her helping her on something how I was the one guy in the office she felt truly comfortable with. It wasn't that I'm anything "special", just that the other guys were "ogling" her or falling all over themselves around her - and I just treated her like any other coworker. And no, I don't have "toys, cars, boats..."

She's married (and 2 babies now, in 2 years), so "off limits"... and, oh yeah, her hubby is a good guy, overweight music teacher (certainly not "rich with toys")... her and I are friends (she invited me over for Thanksgiving a few years back w/ her, hubby, and some friends). You didn't say these guys are sleeping with all these women, did you? You see them as "beautiful", maybe he doesn't? Or maybe he does, but for whatever reason he's just not interested in them (personality?) as anything more than friends? And maybe they aren't "trophies" to him, he just treats them like people, like everyone else, instead of a "trophy" to be won - and that's attractive to *them*, so they gravitate towards *him*?

People are attracted to different things - honestly OP you show your own bias that, seemingly, "beautiful women" should *only* be attracted to guys with "toys, cars, money, and boat"... do you think all beautiful women are 'gold-diggers' looking for a rich guy with lots of toys? Honestly, that would say a lot more about *you* than it does about them.
 arwen52
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2011 3:30:44 PM
Why don't you pay attention to those guys and figure out for yourself what is so attractive about them?

Confidence and playfulness are very attractive. Myself, I'm attracted to brainiacs.
 myrgth
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2011 3:38:54 PM
Without knowing the men it could be any number of things.

Charm, wit, intelligence, confidence, or any other positive type attribute that compensates for lack of looks (although that is a subjective thing and some of those women may, indeed, find the dude hot hot hot!).

Another aspect that may come into play if we are talking about older men and women, that I have seen, is that some women are tired of the super attractive guys thinking that if they 'date down' they will get a guy that is better. The idea being that if she barely finds him attractive then other women wont want him so he wont (because of lack of opportunity) cheat and that he will treat her much better because he will feel oh so lucky to have her because she considers herself to be in a much higher league. Haha, I've always seen this play out badly! The chick usually is amazed that she wasn't the first one, ever, to think of it and that there are loads of women in the wings ready and willing to take her spot.
 mseclectic
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/23/2011 4:02:50 PM
Two words:

Jack Nicholson
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/23/2011 6:33:53 PM
^^^^^^ I will say that the Jack Nicholson's attitude DOES go a loooooong way... but you either HAVE it or you don't. Those that try to have it just come off as @ssholes.

Really its an attitude of loving and adoring women but knowing that there are many out there so if one starts getting out of line with the demands and attitude.....NEXT! LOL...

Remember: No matter how hot someone is, someone, somewhere is sick of their sh!t!

My girl knows I adore the Hell out of her but if she goes too far...
At the same time... I also know if I go too too far...

It's gotta be a mutual respect...and balance.
 x_file
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/23/2011 7:19:57 PM

Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women...

I like beautiful women. I see no reason to "pretend" to like someone when I don't.

What's up with that?

We have big d*cks and lots of cash.

If it's not cash, then it is big __________.

Any ideas?

Attitude is to women as beautify is to men.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/23/2011 7:45:37 PM

find a way to be happy with who they are and enjoy life. That's usually all it takes.

I think you might be right there!

Gotta be, as I have absolutely nothing to offer but myself and my integrity...and have had no problem dating...with the exception of having a few women want to "rescue" me...nice change of pace but, no thanks!
 mcbobly
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2011 1:27:08 PM

Very well said! I am attracted to confidence and humor!

Sure you are, as long as he is close to being a GQ model and or has monsy spilling out of his pockets. That line of BS is so lame, you HAVE to look good AND have those qualities before you can get their attention.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/26/2011 2:06:38 PM
^^^Why men think that women who aren't interested in them want GQ looks or money, I'll never know. Is it a coping mechanism for finding out every woman you are into won't be into you too? I don't know. I know not everyone I find attractive will find me attractive in return, so I don't think it's shocking when that actually happens and I don't need to find an explanation for it. I don't want to date a guy who's not into me either, so it's sort of a non issue.

Painting all women with the same brush, or speaking with a twinge of bitterness isn't an attractive quality...how is a person SURE that their attitude isn't the thing someone finds unattractive if they never do anything to change it?

Lastly, OF COURSE a woman has to be attracted to a man IN ADDITION TO traits like humor, confidence, intelligence, humility, etc. It's a package deal for women, which shouldn't be surprising since men SHOULD be seeking the same. Yes there are some women who want only money, or only model type looks - or both. However most women like a combination of good traits, and of course attraction, something we all want (including you), is one of them.
 majyk1
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/26/2011 3:38:18 PM
First off beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Just because YOU call them beautiful, doesn't mean they ARE.
Just because YOU say the men are nothing special, doesn't mean they AREN'T!!
Second...It's called personality and/or attitude.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/26/2011 8:14:08 PM

First off beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Just because YOU call them beautiful, doesn't mean they ARE.

A few years ago there was a mini-series documentary on the science of beauty. They had pics of both male and females of different races ranging from models to people with deformities.
They had people all over the world, including some far off tribe that had very little exposure to modern people, place the pics for each sex in order from attractive to ugly. They reported that ALL people lined the pics up almost identically within a spot or two. So, what that means is if we're being honest with ourselves, we can all agree on beauty.

That being said, the study doesn't take into effect the affect that personality has in how we view people. Many times we start finding someone more attractive as we grow finder and less attractive if we are at odds.

There's also the effect that reality has on our abilities. This is why some people are more succesful than others without any noticeable difference between them.

Personally I've alwayd EXPECTED to wind up with one of the hottest women in the room no matter where I was, bars, school, social events etc.. ...And it usually happened! It used to drive my friends nuts.... they were in better shape and had the motorcycles, jetskis and all the brand name gear, shoes, sunglasses etc..

Now, what usually happened was out of the whole group, I'd wind up actually interested in the second or the third hottest girl after talking to them. My one friend who had ALL the toys would work like crazy on the hottest one, succeed then b!tch about how shallow she was later.... Duh!

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....