Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sexyisback!
Msg: 78
Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I only relate to beautiful women since I myself am a gorgeous man!
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 79
Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....
Posted: 10/15/2011 8:00:02 PM
Communication, it's the honey that attracts the beautiful bees. IMO, any man who can communicate well can have a very successful dating life. He doesn't even have to be funny as long as he can communicate well.
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:10:54 PM
Their inner game. Their personality. Their Charisma. Their Mindset.period.

As a woman you instinctively want a man who is charismatic, edgy, stable, and confident in themselves. Sure women will say they want a nice, sweet, compassionate guy...but that is just like a man saying he wants a women who isn't sexually appealing to him. A man of this type of mentality will ascend beyond just being content with just having a woman...he will push her to be the best women she can be and upgrade her!

That's what I think all women seek deep down!

so just trust you instincts and find yourself a man who you instinctively feel is great for you
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/17/2011 2:02:13 AM
its simple really..you can go to the party..or u can be the party...the important thing you have left out is 'personality'..u cant buy it..genes have nothing to do with it..and there is no secret.Case closed.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:15:33 AM

the important thing you have left out is 'personality'..u cant buy it..genes have nothing to do with it..and there is no secret.

someone needs to tell this to a guy who viewed my profile last night (yes, i read the profiles of every man on my View Me list). this is a direct quote from his profile, i kid you not:

you have to be hot. I figure since all women are crazy and have very little logic skills, then I should just focus more on looks than personality.

sometimes you don't even have to wonder why someone is still single....

unspoiled
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 10:23:44 AM
Tall IQ2 summed it up well (the second post of this thread).

Women should be looking at their own motivations and question why they are attracted to a man because a good deal of the time, especially when the female is younger, it'll be on flimsy reasons.
 gentleplus
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 9:01:16 AM
When someone is too pretty or too rich or too famous ... it is more of a distraction to themselves and those around them who seek relationship.....

Those relationships tend to be based on the looks, money, fame, etc... the person who has these qualities man or woman... does not have the need or desire to develop character, spirituality, and balance.. etc... in their lives....

As these outward qualities fade over time... those who have relied mostly on them to survive often find they are bankrupt emotionally or literally and can no longer exist in the previous plastic life.... for many in Hollywood you see in this cycle where the outcomes are often tragic and destructive through drugs suicide or other behaviors...

Linda as you say photos on profiles are often deceptive..... as you have turned a negative into a positive life choice as well.... one of my flags on profiles is when photos are only face shots and exclude a picture of a person in a standing position as well....

I am just saying it makes me often wonder whats happening with that.... So I tend to avoid those unable to make a reasonable disclosure in their photos....

For me a more average woman tends to be more mature, balanced and healthy than those in the high end of looks
 Honnieberrie
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 11:56:25 AM
I am not quite sure but there' s a lot of good fun in enjoying one's company without the use of so many monetary things to rely on.....Being able to enjoy another person within the simplicities of life is rare...and to do that is intriguing.....!!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 4:55:12 PM
You cannot predict who will find whom good looking, so you can't tell by someone's looks as to what they are looking for. Yes there are some decent studies that say people tend to look for the same as themselves, but again, that still depends on how they view themselves, which may not be any where near what others think of their looks or their prospects. I do not know why people keep spouting cliches and saying this person is like this or that, you will never know them unless you get to know them.

And that doesn't mean you should get to know everyone, obviously if they turn you off by their physical appearance or their actions right off then there's no need to go further. But to jump to conclusions and live by cliches is going to be your loss, not the loss of those you make assumptions about. Some people are turned on by defects, like a woman I know who loves men with crooked teeth, another who loves big bellies, both of them are very attractive women and slim w/ nice teeth, and yeah the so-called better looking guys can get upset about it, thinking why would these attractive (to them) women want these 'ugly' guys. Because they don't see ugly guys, they feel attraction/arousal from being around these men. You simply cannot predict attraction.

If a man is attracted to a type of size or shape that I do not have and am not going to have, why would I waste my time beating my head against a wall whining about or bashing the women who look different/better than me? That's insane. I'm not looking to make a man want me, I'm quite happy going out with men who like me as I am. People could save themselves a lot of grief and being foolish if they just accepted themselves and as is and not try to get those who don't want them. Then again, some people get off on challenges, and more power to them. Just stop whining about it.
 ronsfishing64
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 11:12:33 PM
well said...

but then I find the ones that enjoy being charmed are married more than someone who is single... and that brings me here... with no success, and... which makes me a whiner, not a charmer... lol
 _shakti_
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/19/2011 11:29:37 PM
Don:
do you know that prettyn woman are the most insecure creatures in the face of the earth, so we used thar against them easy really you bring a defect that she has or she thing she has and that it she will look for your aprubal always asking if is going or if it is better i have sleep with woman way out of my leage ussing this
Lol.. I'm guessing you have better luck with this in real life?
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/25/2011 5:41:37 AM

I have to agree. These guys are manipulators. They are not just good people with pleasant personalities, etc. If they were, they would not be honing in only on the beautiful people. They are users. They use these women to stroke their own egos. They are con artists.

I disagree. Just because a guy likes beautiful women, and has to be better at dating to get one, it does not mean he is using someone. In addition, not all beautiful women are damaged in the sense they feel they have to be beautiful and some even use their beauty to manipulate men. I think, in the case of the men you describe, it does not matter whether the women are beautiful because that is not what they are after.
 totalazzhole
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/25/2011 7:53:30 AM

Don:
do you know that prettyn woman are the most insecure creatures in the face of the earth, so we used thar against them easy really you bring a defect that she has or she thing she has and that it she will look for your aprubal always asking if is going or if it is better i have sleep with woman way out of my leage ussing this
Lol.. I'm guessing you have better luck with this in real life?

well, that's what 'dating gurus' such s "David deAngelo" advise anyway--been reading a lot of websites/e-maisl lately, Don?

not sure that works so well in real life though..else, Don-- why are you on POF if you have this down so well??
 Revilors
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/25/2011 8:20:31 AM

Winter: I have to agree. These guys are manipulators. They are not just good people with pleasant personalities, etc. If they were, they would not be honing in only on the beautiful people. They are users. They use these women to stroke their own egos. They are con artists.

Was a direct and quoted reply to...

Don:

I don't always agree with Winter...but honestly I don't know how you can disagree with calling that manipulative. It's practically paraphrasing Webster. She didn't say men who prefer beautiful woman are manipulators. Just those that...well...are obvious and admitted manipulators.

Quite frankly...I give her credit for deciphering his attitude from the gibberish in the "bachelors" post.
 OutMind
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/25/2011 8:59:27 AM

I disagree. Just because a guy likes beautiful women, and has to be better at dating to get one, it does not mean he is using someone. In addition, not all beautiful women are damaged in the sense they feel they have to be beautiful and some even use their beauty to manipulate men. I think, in the case of the men you describe, it does not matter whether the women are beautiful because that is not what they are after

I agree with vacationguy ^^^^^

I also agree with this statement. I also agree that not all beautiful women are damaged goods. I have seen damaged goods and big chips in women that were not as beautiful or that simply gave up. We all have lived, we all have been dumped for someone else. Instead of giving up, these women, as well as men perhaps don't give up, and keep going.

Also about the statement that men that go after beautiful women are manipulators is totally ridiculous. You go for what you like, and if you get it, then why go elsewhere?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/25/2011 9:14:08 AM
We all have our needs and compromises! we all are adults and make our own choices!
If you think you've been "PLAYED" then either you wanted something and didn't get it, ASSUMED instead of communicated or your picker is bad....learn something from it and change how you do things...crying about it doesn't solve the problem and complaining about it won't change it!

You can only change yourself...not others.

Also, whatever you find unacceptable might be longed for by someone else and vise-versa!

The minute we get naked with someone, we become two things: 1) a willing participant to the actions; 2) risk-taker. There is always a chance it is just sex and there is also always the possibility of something different than that. No one makes those decisions for us. I don't quite understand those of either gender who feel "used." Smooth talking isn't what tells us about someone ~ it's their actions that inform us "who" they are. If one isn't certain of anothers intentions? Don't have sex and see where it goes from there. The future actions will speak very loudly in a short matter of time if someone isn't looking for more than physicality.

~OT~ What's beautiful to one man can be just the opposite to another. I don't see any logical correlation between men and ONLY relating to beautiful women. "Beautiful" is a very subjective term. JMO
 totalazzhole
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/25/2011 9:26:33 AM

I don't think anyone is talking about ALL beautiful women. I certainly am not. But women who fall for the manipulations of these guys, for whatever reason.....those are the women I am talking about.

so we are supposed to be all concerned about why other people (strangers to us) make their decisions?

oh good lord, I am too busy with my own problems, to worry about the problems of 'beautiful, damaged women being manipulated by 'ugly' men"

It appears that many people are not -too much free time I can only assume

start a "Save the Beautiful Women From Themselves" campaign?

OR: a "Save the Beautiful Women From Ugly, Manipulating Men"

only problem : what color will the WRISTBANDS to our show support , be ??

most of the 'cool colors' are already TAKEN! :(
 totalazzhole
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/25/2011 9:34:43 AM
and why does it 'matter'? just nosy? curious about other people's lives? OK I get it, some people are bored with their own lives & need the drama from other people's

it's OK to admit it, not pretend to have some 'intellectual" curiosity lol

or maybe OP is confused as to why men go after 'beautiful' women, rather than women..like her?
is it yet another "why can't *I* get a date" thread? lol "they" do, why not "me" ?
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/3/2012 8:47:30 AM
TALL-IQ2....lol...how did you know about "Olga"? You are SOOO right! I'd like to know more. Where did you get your info? Could you que me in, a book, video?
 DameWrite
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:39:15 PM
Mae West : "A man's desire is women, a woman's desire...is man's desire!"

Maybe these "attractive" woman focus on being desirable and therefor pursue the same men who have the knack of making woman feel desirable, down pat?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men Who Only Relate to Beautiful Women....