Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gingerosity
Msg: 103
view profile
History
The Zeitgeist MovementPage 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I suppose that is a somewhat related society to what I meant, but there is no need to go backwards technologically. I had anarcho-capitalism in mind.
 Jiperly
Msg: 104
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 7/30/2012 7:35:08 PM
>>>No-one IS saying that people have to do those unpleasent jobs, please,

Okay, I'm at my house, when my pipe is clogged- we need someone to get a pipe snake and clean out the human urine, feces, and used tampons.

Who do I get to clean it? Do I simply do it myself? What if I don't have the understanding of the tools to do the job?

Automation cannot repair things. If you are suggesting it can, then how?

And where do these automatons producing the things we need but are unpleasant or dangerous to be done by people come from, anyways? Do we have factories that make factories?
 Jiperly
Msg: 105
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 7/30/2012 7:37:45 PM
>>>I love how you only start talking about logical fallacies after I have.

You're dodging. If I am guilty of logical fallacies, aren't the examples of your comments also logical fallacies? If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...well, it's a duck....and you are equally presenting logical fallacies...
 Jiperly
Msg: 106
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 7/30/2012 7:44:54 PM
>>>Oh dear. You’ve actually completely misunderstood me here.

And you didn't answer my question. I guess it's better to be vague.....

>>>What makes someone an advocate of TZM is whether they agree with and are aligned with the train of thought and value-set that we advocate, and do whatever they can, whenever they can, doesn’t matter how much or little they do, to communicate this message to their fellow human being.

So, again, the principals of the TZM are, and what makes someone not a advocate of TZM is...

It must be really hard for you to be succinct. I can explain what a Libertarian is and is not pretty clearly- but you seem to have organizations and media that hold the same beliefs, such as the Venus Project and the movies that your organization base your entire name off of, and yet you claim these organizations have nothing to do with you....why? Whats the distinction?
 JustDukky
Msg: 107
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 7/30/2012 11:10:12 PM
@ Jip

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...well, it's a duck...

My ears were burning, so I thought I'd pop in. I haven't caught much of the debate, but as you well know, not knowing what I'm talking about has never stopped me from talking before; I see no reason it should stop me now. I'm sure you'll value my semi-hypocritical, neo-luddite opinion as much as ever.

All I wanted to mention, in case it hasn't already been discussed before is that even a utopian, technocratic fantasy fascism is still fascism to spite the sugar coating. For this reason, I oppose the technocratic, resource based Zeitgeist "movement." This is pretty much the same deal as the UN Agenda 21; in principle it sounds great; the only drawback is that it takes away freedom of choice and therefore tramples on human rights.

Even a utopian heaven is HeII when you have no choice but to live there.

OK…I've thrown in my two cents & said "Hi"…Now I'll let you get back to what you do so well (which is irritate people as the perpetual and unrelenting adversary to their position). Just thought you might enjoy having a little extra ammo for your debate.
 JustDukky
Msg: 108
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 7/31/2012 8:38:57 AM

I hope I'm wrong, the world will 'wake up' and step away from the edge of the cliff but a quick study of geopolitics seems to show otherwise.

I hope you're wrong too. On a more optimistic note, I think you are, but whether or not there is to be any hope for the human race at all depends on everyone who reads our posts and decides for himself what he's gonna do about things. If he turns on the TV to take his mind off the question, we are doomed as a species. If he decides to take SOME action, however small, that man (or woman) will be the saviour of the human race. The typical behaviour of most individuals will determine the fate of all of us. In short, the individual's action or inaction is the determining force in the collective action or inaction that (collectively) determines our fate.

We can't afford the luxury of letting somebody else clean up our rooms for us. If we as individuals can clean up our portion, other individuals will probably clean theirs...Net result: a (collectively) clean room.

The stakes are extremely high and everyone's future is at stake. The only way we can save ourselves from the genocidal onslaught of artificial corporate "beings" is to UNITE as living HUMAN beings all over the world and stand against the monsters that we ourselves have created, by turning our back on them. For instance, We all hate Monsanto's bid to monopolize the world food supply for the profit of the investors, so why do farmers continue buying their glyphosphate? Why do people continue buying their GMO frankenfoods? (because it's "cheaper?"...Maybe they haven't factored the real costs into the equation.) How long would Monsanto last after people stopped supporting them like that? Monsanto is only one example; there are many more...too many to list here. The point is that people should stop feeling helpless and realize the power they have (individually) to effect major change (collectively), simply by doing a few little things.

Little is to be gained by storming Frankenstein's castle with torches. All we are doing there is setting up the castle for a new monster who wants to play God. We'd be far better off as villagers to simply stop delivering supplies & groceries to "Frank's Place" and starving him to death. At that point the castle will become only a relic of a monstrous time in the village's history...It will always serve as a reminder of how the villagers in their individual ignorance, collectively ALLOWED the creation of monsters in the first place. In the future, they will know better, and live a much happier life in their village.

The only "dictators" we should be ruled by are reason and compassion. That kind of fascism I can live with…in ANY political system.

Advice: "Be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
(You don't have to be a saint to follow that motto, only a decent and rational human being.)
 JustDukky
Msg: 109
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 7/31/2012 12:13:50 PM

May I ask what you propose instead?

I propose that as many people as possible do the right thing without imposing restriction of choice on anyone else. To do so would be to create a tyranny. If a right of even one individual is violated to impose the will of the majority, then the majority is guilty of tyranny.

With respect to TZM's goals, I eventually foresee a society where everyone's needs & desires are met by the wisdom of perhaps a "wise" computer, who with no agenda beyond providing maximization of use of resources for the benefit of all, could impose rules on individuals that disallow their freedom to live as they like. (i.e. that "dissenters" "rob" the majority of that maximization).

We are then left with a system no better than the one we started with in terms of human freedom. For instance, the "motto" of Marxism is laudable: "From each according to his abilities; to each according to his needs." Everybody SHOULD voluntarily live by that motto to help those in need of help. The problem is when we start to IMPOSE giving on people, they are no longer giving out of the goodness of their hearts. We take from them any satisfaction they might enjoy from giving freely and we take from them the freedom to choose not to give. We IMPOSE our moral view on them. That's tyranny.

I recommend that while there is nothing wrong with TZM per se, that the freedom to live by one's own rules outside of any such planned utopias be respected as the individual's right to choose how to live. This may well stand in the way of eventual achievement of the goals of TZM; it may even fall by the wayside, but that price is not too high to pay to preserve the rights of even one individual.

I see a more promising future for the human race living in the chaos of anarchic freedom, where (as I stated before) the only real authorities are reason and compassion, in other words, the rule of real law.
 emotionalheat
Msg: 110
view profile
History
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 7/31/2012 10:59:44 PM

If you've not heard of Stefan Molyneux yet please take a look at his works. He's a strong proponent of anarcho-capitalism and is brilliant at what he does.

http://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot

Very interesting – it made me realize that a lot of people feel like I do.

I hope I'm wrong, the world will 'wake up' and step away from the edge of the cliff but a quick study of geopolitics seems to show otherwise.

I read an article today about a couple living in Canada. They had transformed their front yard into a an urban vegetable garden. It was beautiful, I would be happy to have those all over my neighborhood. See it for yourself, here’s the link.

http://www.care2.com/causes/give-peas-a-chance-protest-saves-front-yard-vegetable-garden-until-fall.html

The project was work intensive, I’m sure it wasn’t cheap but when it was in full bloom, they were told it was against City ordinance. In fact, they are only allowed to have a certain percent of the yard dedicated to gardening, and the other portion MUST be grass.. WHAT? BUT They will be allowed to keep it till Sept 1st and then they can be fined $300 a day if the yard is not brought UP TO CITY CODE..

It reminded me of an article I read last year. A woman from Chicago did a similar thing but she took it further, she invited the neighborhood kids to come and learn how to grow food, she was teaching them how to be less dependent on the ‘system’ but Chicago shut her down – against City ordinance.

MrGoodmanUK: That, and a thousand other unwarranted limitations on our freedom is why I was happy to see that others are seeing it too.

The only way we can save ourselves from the genocidal onslaught of artificial corporate "beings" is to UNITE as living HUMAN beings all over the world and stand against the monsters that we ourselves have created, by turning our back on them. For instance, We all hate Monsanto's bid to monopolize the world food supply for the profit of the investors, so why do farmers continue buying their glyphosphate? Why do people continue buying their GMO frankenfoods? (because it's "cheaper?"...Maybe they haven't factored the real costs into the equation.) How long would Monsanto last after people stopped supporting them like that? Monsanto is only one example; there are many more...too many to list here. The point is that people should stop feeling helpless and realize the power they have (individually) to effect major change (collectively), simply by doing a few little things.

JustDukky: We have been programmed to consume even at the highest levels of government, so much so that it has become an irrational behavior.

Consider this: In the U.S., December 1997, the first of 50 ‘commemorative’ state quarters was released, Nov 2008 was the last state. Hundreds of millions of each coin were minted, people still look through their quarters before they give them up in trade of goods, just to be sure they don’t use a state that they may need to fill their ‘collection’. They think that someday their grandchildren will have a valuable collection. Why do they think that? Well, it’s all about what you consider to be NEWS WORTHY and certainly someone making a huge profit on an old coin is big news. Why is that such big news?? Here’s the real story that didn’t get into the mainstream news.

At the end of the program, the Mint estimated the actual increase in seigniorage to be $3 billion.

Seigniorage: a government revenue from the manufacture of coins calculated as the difference between the face value and the metal value of the coins - in other words: the intrinsic value of a coin would be the market value of the metal it’s made of (think bullion in terms of gold or silver). But today, our money is debt instrument and coins are tokens – that only require cheap base-metals. SO – LIKE ANY GOODS FOR CONSUMPTION – The Federal Reserve makes a very cheap token and sells it for .25 cents. The irony is that people are saving these coins with in collections – but if they saved them in a bank (that still paid interest) or invested them in a U.S. Savings bond – they would have half a chance of recovering the loss of their ‘expenditure’ of ‘purchasing’ the coin .

Of course there were numismatic profits on the commemorative series (estimated at $136.2 million).
(numismatic value: The value of a coin to a collector in excess of the face or bullion value) these were due to minting anomalies, which occur in almost all minting but the vast majority of people wouldn’t have a clue how to identify those things.

So why don’t we just put Monsanto out of business? Same reason Occupy could not get enough to move their money from the corporate financial institutions to local credit unions or small banks. People have a ‘learned’ sense of helplessness, rather that jumping the fence to get away from misery, they have been led to believe that spending money on ‘stuff’ relieves it. So they don’t argue about unlabeled GMO products, and they continue to believe that the appearance of their lawn is so important that Monsanto, Beyer, and Dow products are a must have commodity.

In addition, when you consider that the over 2 million signatures sent to congress to petition against Citizens United were ignored by the Hill majority – is it any wonder where that sense of helplessness stems from?

Somehow we have to change the attitudes that people have toward money. The kind of utopia envisioned in the Zeitgeist movies is an AMAZING way of getting people to use their atrophied cognitive functions by imagining what life would be like without money. To do so requires looking at the reality of our current situation, it takes people out of their comfort zone by explaining what the reality of the current situation is, and why they are complicit participants - just as I have done with the examples of the ‘vegetable garden’; ‘coin collecting’; and Monsanto .
 emotionalheat
Msg: 111
view profile
History
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 7/31/2012 11:11:49 PM
gingerosity:

I am not familiar with anarcho-capitalism. What I found on the topic doesn't seem to explain why you would consider it in the discussion. Can you elaborate or can you direct me to more information about it? Thanks
 CressB
Msg: 112
view profile
History
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 7/31/2012 11:55:46 PM
emotionalheat:

I am not familiar with anarcho-capitalism. What I found on the topic doesn't seem to explain why you would consider it in the discussion. Can you elaborate or can you direct me to more information about it? Thanks

Go to freedomainradio.com/free

You will find many free books there written by Stefan Molenux - pdf or audio if you prefer.

Read the books "every day anarchy" and "practical anarchy" to start off with. Go where you see fit from there.
 JustDukky
Msg: 113
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/1/2012 12:40:41 AM

Don't forget to look into similar philosophies and BE CRITICAL.

I like Stefan Molyneux. In fact it was someone from these forums that first "introduced" me to him some 3 or 4 years ago. I find I agree with him on many things, but being an anti-capitalist, I'm not comfortable with some of his philosophy. Moreover, he has rapidly become a "leader" in that he has what amounts to an uncritical cult following. Before the leader knows it, his faeces no longer stink even after a bowl of chili. That's death to any philosopher, because they stop criticizing themselves and start playing to the audience. I'm not saying that's what happened to Stefan, only that the the present circumstances merit more critical analysis of what he says. One should not accept anarcho-capitalism because "so & so said", or because it is the latest rage in anarchistic philosophy; one should adopt it ONLY if it is internally compatible with your own belief system and AFTER examining ALL the alternatives.

One has to be careful when "shopping" for a political philosophy. In my own case, I don't like to label myself, I don't like to think in terms of ANY of the "isms." If I were to classify myself, it might be as an anarcho-humanist, or anarcho-naturalist, but these are as yet not clearly defined philosophies such that if I were to use the terms at a meeting of anarchists of all popular philosophic stripes (anarcho- capitalists, communists, collectivists, etc.) they'd likely look at me sideways and wonder what I'm talking about, so what's the use in limiting myself to any particular definition?.

I recently talked to a very nice lady who promptly informed me that she used to be an anarcho-communist, but has since moved to anarcho-collectivism. She asked me what my stance was and I said I don't like to label myself like that and that for the most part, I prefer to think of myself as a rational & compassionate human being (in spite of the bill & feathers).
 JustDukky
Msg: 114
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/1/2012 12:52:41 AM

…ultimate freedom is when every human being has access to the whole of nature and the only restrictions are those imposed by nature itself.

The restrictions should be the restrictions we willfully impose on ourselves as a matter of duty.

Tyranny disappears when we realize that the earth is really a trust and we are all trustees with a duty to it. This trust can be looked at and "proved " in biblical terms (in Genesis) or in atheistic terms. (We hold the earth in trust for our descendants and all life on the planet.) I don't know how much everyone knows about trust law, but breach of trust is a very horrible crime. The trustee has a duty to the trust to manage it in such a way that it prudently manages the trust with an eye to increasing its value.

In short, if we are to be creatures of duty, whether it be to God or to the earth itself (for the benefit of our descendants and other species), we had bloody well better start living up to what is expected of good trustees.
 emotionalheat
Msg: 115
view profile
History
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/1/2012 1:01:06 AM
CressB:
Thanks for the inforamtion. It sounds like an interesting concept - another trip to half-price books.
 emotionalheat
Msg: 116
view profile
History
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/1/2012 1:55:01 AM
MrGoodManUK:

Nature is the ultimate tyranny that enforces restrictions and 'the rule of real law' which, I suppose, is what TZM is all about.
It recognizes these facts, that ultimate freedom is when every human being has access to the whole of nature and the only restrictions are those imposed by nature itself.

I get what you’re saying but if we consider it from nature’s point of view, nature acts in accordance with universal law; it’s humans that rage against those laws and create the disharmony - to me that’s more in line with TZM. We have to accept the limits of our control over nature in order to have more freedom and we have to learn that reciprocity is neither payment for nor an inhibitor of free will. We are not, after all, individuals, as much as we are part of a whole.

JustDukky:

[Don't forget to look into similar philosophies and BE CRITICAL.
… one should adopt it ONLY if it is internally compatible with your own belief system and AFTER examining ALL the alternatives.

It’s in my nature to be critical – I think it stems my early religious experiences. Fortunately I had parents who supported my ‘interest’ in exploring other religious views, unfortunately when I made it known (at 17) that I was an atheist all I got from my mom was “No you are not, you weren’t raised that way”. That was the end of the conversation and it was never mentioned again. Of course after that I figured – well then I certainly can’t be a girl who like girls – I wasn’t raised that way. That was a pretty deep closet I was in, but existing in there for so long taught me a lot about tolerance, acceptance, respect and consideration. BUT I’M STILL CRITICAL. (I hope you smiled)

One has to be careful when "shopping" for a political philosophy. In my own case, I don't like to label myself, I don't like to think in terms of ANY of the "isms." If I were to classify myself, it might be as an anarcho-humanist, or anarcho-naturalist but these are as yet not clearly defined philosophies such that if I were to use the terms at a meeting of anarchists of all popular philosophic stripes (anarcho- capitalists, communists, collectivists, etc.) they'd likely look at me sideways and wonder what I'm talking about, so what's the use in limiting myself to any particular definition?.

mm – well, don’t close the door on that closet we all need the light and some of us benefit from its reflection – thanks for reflecting what you’ve learned.

DANG - it's almost time to get up and I haven't even slept yet. Good day all!
 CressB
Msg: 117
view profile
History
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/1/2012 1:45:37 PM
Dukky msg 208:

Agreed. All accept the part were you refer to the belief system.

And *looks at you sideways* I don't know what your definitions of anarcho-humanist or anarcho-naturalist are, though I have some speculations.
 JustDukky
Msg: 118
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/2/2012 12:11:23 AM

All accept the part were you refer to the belief system.

Yeah...poor choice of words...I should have used the term "inclinations" instead of "belief system."

As for the terms I used, kepp speculating...They aren't yet defined and were intended to stimulate thought on what they might mean.
 JustDukky
Msg: 119
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/2/2012 11:30:30 AM
I musta missed that...However, the short answer to your request is "no" (not to be impolite, but I do have my reasons.)
 JustDukky
Msg: 120
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/2/2012 6:22:07 PM

Care to let us know what those reasons are?

There are four possible reasons why I might not provide the required definitions:
1) oversight (most likely)…I need to know what definitions you need.
2) laziness (sometimes I just can't be bothered)
3) scheduling problems (I may not have the time at a given time)
4) To get people to think (and learn) for themselves.

If (1), then tell me the words you need defined.
If (2), then it's out of your hands & I'm being a three-toed sloth (but an honest one at least.)
If (3), do what (1) recommends & I'll get back to you as time permits (Whenever that is)
If (4), then you might be kinda stuck with a job to do, but I will give you the reasoning behind it:

Picture people as different shaped pegs, that want to fit in to the appropriately shaped hole. They Look at the shapes available, find one they like and put it in the appropriately shaped hole. They categorize themselves based on the categories they've seen. There are flaws with this reasoning. What if they are unaware of the categories they haven't been made aware of? (haven't seen all the available shapes) What if they examine themselves and find that even with all categories currently available, they don't fit in to any? (Shape does not exist)

The best thing to do is examine the self through introspection, to determine what "shape" you really are (define yourself) and "make" the hole (a new category) to fit that shape (if you want to…You may also opt to remain entirely unique and free yourself of the obligation of a label.)
 Jiperly
Msg: 121
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/2/2012 8:17:29 PM
I'm still a lil lost....so pipe would be so well made that they wouldn't clog?

I think what I cannot conceive from what you're suggesting is that all unpleasant jobs would be automated....which, to me, is ridiculous. Unless we have an army of machines(which would necessitate an army of engineers- which in turn would necessitate full time jobs to ensure society doesn't collapse- because society would be entirely dependent on this technology), I cannot see how it would work.

And that's not even addressing your belief that a monetary system means that every business everywhere offers inferior services and products...I mean, why? Certainly if theres a market, then business's could offer the product.....unless the product doesn't physically exist yet, and you're just going on predictions and guesswork

Otherwise, I guess that'd be the worlds largest conspiracy. Cause all it would take is one business offering this cheap, easily mass produced products to make massive profits.

So the question is- what differences do you plan on making to say, piping, that is so revolutonary that every plumber in that society would be unnecessary?
 JustDukky
Msg: 122
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/2/2012 8:18:59 PM

If (1), then tell me the words you need defined.
Utopia, Marxism, Technocracy, along with proof that an RBEM is exactly the same as either any of them singularly, or eactly the same as a combination of them.

Why would you want from me the definitions so clearly available online in any dictionary or wikipedia? Seems like a lot of work for me that doesn't need doing. Why wouldn't anyone interested in the definitions look it up for themselves?

…And WTH is an RBEM anyway?? (I hate acronyms)

I know that equivocations and dodging takes a long time to formulate an adequate excuse.

Wow, I’m glad not everyone on the planet decies to be so self-restrictive. Now provide those definitions and stop providing flawed analogies.

I make a few observations & try to provide a few instructive comments for people to encourage them to be more introspective and you're trying to bait me into a debate? Sorry…I'm not into that crap anymore. You'll just have to take what I said at face value.
 JustDukky
Msg: 123
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/3/2012 6:51:49 AM
@ AdamAntium

The reason I asked is for you to substantiate a claim you made. And you realise that providing these definitions will make your claim fall flat on its face.

Believing I had only ventured an opinion, I went back and sure enough, it looks like I made a claim or two (I have to learn not to be so "sloppy" with my opinions):
"This is pretty much the same deal as the UN Agenda 21; in principle it sounds great; the only drawback is that it takes away freedom of choice and therefore tramples on human rights."
The first "claim" noted that both TZM and Agenda 21 were forms of managing the earth. While TZM may or may not be as fascistic as Agenda 21 (currently being implemented under the "cover" of local initiatives), it is still a form of management of the earth (via a resource based economy) with what I see as the POTENTIAL to trample individual rights.

I see TZM as a utopian fantasy because the people currently in control of our pllanet see no profit in it for them. These are the guys with a false sense of "entitlement by birthright" (neo-feudalist bankers, Royal families, etc.) who already see the planet as their property. They will never willingly relinquish control of the human population to riff-raff like regular people. In fact, I have little doubt that they would like to take advantage of things like Fresco's vision to promote Agenda 21. The real (hidden) agenda is too horrific to contemplate, and most people would lapse into irrational denial at the thought, but I believe (with what I would call considerable supporting evidence) that they would like to turn earth into a utopian paradise not unlike Fresco's technocratic vision for the (very) few people who will remain after they've "fumigated" the planet.

You were already here, making ridiculous claims, on a topic that you know next to nothing about. Someone on here holding you to task to substantiate a baseless claim on your part is not baiting.

That was overkill on your baiting, which proves my claim that you are in fact baiting.

I suspect it is this sort of immature behaviour that might be making people leave this thread, thus stunting the intellectual discussion you claim you'd like to see. Try to adhere to your stated principles.:

I urge all to act in a mature manner so true, altruistic and intellectual discussion shall continue.

I'd say your behaviour so far has belied that.

I'm limited to 10 posts a day and can't spend my time in conversational debates, so my latest strategy is to introduce (what I consider to be) relevant ideas & food for thought into threads and hope that someone else will pick them up and run with them. In this case, I wanted to give Jip the opportunity to do that. You both seem to love arguing for argument's sake.

I can't afford to do what I really enjoy greatly anymore. I recently had a thread of mine pulled because I committed a rule infraction already made twice on that thread by other people. I fell prey to my own sense of humour. I have a hunch one of the mods has taken a personal dislike to me (delusions of persecution?) and allows me no latitude wrt the rules.
Advice: Don't let this happen to you.

I like the fact that you even use an acronymm to illustrate that you hate acronyms. Lol

You caught that eh? Lol
 Jiperly
Msg: 124
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/7/2012 1:46:34 PM
>>> In this case, I wanted to give Jip the opportunity to do that

Na-uh. He's your problem now- I'm sick of his attitude. Let him fester with his own self-righteous zeal. I'm sick of being talked down to because he doesn't think it's necessary to treat people with respect- something I'm sure everyone who has the audacity to disagree with his assumptions have discovered by now...

....Its little wonder to me why he came here looking to discuss this topic- wherever he came from, people were tired of his shit, no doubt, and the same thing that happened there is happening here- people stopped talking to him, and like all trolls, he went away.
 JustDukky
Msg: 125
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/7/2012 2:06:14 PM
Oh well...Live & learn...I have to thank him for giving me a bit of a soap-box to rant on.

Hey...Did you notice how I didn't bite your bait in my "Privatization of Science" thread?...I must be mellowing with age eh?
 Jiperly
Msg: 126
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/7/2012 2:23:50 PM
I was pretty impressed, yea. But i mean, come on- you couldn't think of ANYTHING wrong with government funded science? I'm not saying privatization was better in that regard(in fact, I said very little in that thread)- but NOTHING is wrong with government funded science?

Still, I completely agree with you on this thread- rights are more important, by far- and a system like that is a tyrants wet dream. If I could "like" things in these forums, your comments would have been liked.........
 Jiperly
Msg: 127
The Zeitgeist Movement
Posted: 8/7/2012 10:54:12 PM
>>>Wow, such arrogance in you dude.

Yea its a shame i treat my superiors in such a way, but i can't help it.

Best of luck talking down to anyone else though
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >