Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > islamization of london england      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 trinity818
Msg: 51
view profile
History
islamization of london englandPage 3 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I do agree that it's not fair to judge all Muslims based on the actions of the extremists. I have not read your Quran. Heck I don't even know how to spell it. You are correct that I am ignorant of your religion. However, that does not equal a general lack of intelligence.

The only information I have is based on the statements and actions of the radicals. There are more than a "few" of them. The middle east is stocked full of them and spreading throughout the world. The issue I am taking with your post is with regard to how wonderful the Muslim women are treated and how revered they are. I'm sorry you are offended, but I think that's crap. In the middle east especially. (In case you are missing that point of my post.)
 trinity818
Msg: 52
view profile
History
islamization of london england
Posted: 2/7/2011 9:57:48 AM
I do have a question, though.

If mainstream Muslims are intent on demonstrating that Islam does not represent that which the radicals profess, why do we never hear about it? Is the media suppressing this information?

We have problems in the US with right-wing extremists committing violent acts against abortion providers and picketing soldiers funerals. People who disagree with their methods publically denounce those actions.

Why do I never hear other Muslims denouncing the acts of the extremists?
 Booyahhh
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/7/2011 1:53:52 PM

Trinity, I think it's because actions speak louder than words. I suspect that the "other" Muslims agree with the actions of the extremists deep inside. Otherwise, they'd probably be working very hard to do something about such actions that makes their whole religion look worse every day, if that is possible.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 2:03:44 PM

If mainstream Muslims are intent on demonstrating that Islam does not represent that which the radicals profess, why do we never hear about it? Is the media suppressing this information?

We have problems in the US with right-wing extremists committing violent acts against abortion providers and picketing soldiers funerals. People who disagree with their methods publically denounce those actions.

I've heard numerous times, condemnation of terrorism from Muslim organizations and local Muslims. Perhaps you may have limited media access, or worse, Fox News as your only source? From the rhetoric it does sound like that might be part of the problem. Just do a quickie Google for "Muslim Groups denounce terrorism" for a few hundred thousand hits. CAIR explains part of the problem of getting coverage of condemnations and has 68 pages of citations of groups' condemnations since 9/11.

It's much like the apparent resounding silence of christian groups after abortion clinic bombings, Oklahoma City, Adkisson, etc. The media tends to amplify coverage of the bleed stories, but is not real good at covering the rest of the story...ie condemnations.
http://www.cair.com/americanmuslims/antiterrorism.aspx
 Booyahhh
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/7/2011 10:18:48 PM
Oh, dear, dear, well-meaning Sahara.......

Every single day "mainstream Muslims" are demonstrating that the radicals are off base. The neighbor paying his taxes, your coworker applying for a promotion along side of you, the couple planning a wedding, the man trying to live a good life and take care of his loved ones. All over the world, Muslim men and women are planning vacations, setting up retirement accounts, clipping coupons, opening businesses, working out at the gym, posting on POF, etc. Just like you.

Yes, and some of these Muslim men and women are members of hidden terrorist cells, who, while on the surface are going about their lives here, are also planning to bomb people simply because they aren't Muslim. These planners certainly aren't going to advertise such, since deception of jihad is a part of Islam. These terrorists are taking full advantage of America's freedom and kindnesses - the latter being exactly what you are proposing, and exactly what will be the death of innocent people.

If you're looking for a stranger to seek you out and convince you that you should accept him, you might be waiting an awfully long time. When's the last time you found it necessary to seek out those of another religion and try to prove that you're a good person, just in case they think you aren't? Wouldn't that be twisted? Well, that's what you're asking others to do.

Since when does anyone in their own country need to go around and kiss butt to those who have immigrated here, especially those who come with a sense of entitlement, feel no need to assimilate, and think those in this country should convert to their religion or be killed? If anything, immigrants should kiss American ground out of sheer gratitude for the freedom available here. I sure don't see that happening much.

You are responsible for your own education and your own understanding of the world. If the only "truth" you believe is that which is shoved down your throat, you're going to be horribly misled. And you will be the only one to blame.

Yep, the people who are so afraid for their lives, their family, and their country because of shoved-down "truths" such as 9/11, the shoe-bomber, the Madison Square bomber, the Ft. Hood massacre, ad infinitem - God what incredibly stupid and uneducated idiots they are....thank God and Allah that there are people to remind them how misguided their fear and concern is. Maybe I'll print up some T-shirts with the Plenty of Fish fora URL so that they can quit being so afraid.

Earthpuppy
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 2:07:21 AM

Since when does anyone in their own country need to go around and kiss butt to those who have immigrated here, especially those who come with a sense of entitlement, feel no need to assimilate, and think those in this country should convert to their religion or be killed? If anything, immigrants should kiss American ground out of sheer gratitude for the freedom available here. I sure don't see that happening much.

This country was founded by people who had that convert or die attitude. Most of the Americas were. Untold millions were slaughtered, 50 million to 100 million by some estimates. That same extremism is alive and killing and growing today. Tis a bit odd to fear certain religions, when the one in our own back yard, the real and dominate one, is far more deadly here and around the world.
http://www.theskepticalreview.com/JAHPoliticsDeathToll.html
http://www.religiondispatches.org/archive/atheologies/2432/the_return_of_christian_terrorism________
 trinity818
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 4:57:05 AM

but still claim wholeheartedly that it's "bad".

I never claimed wholeheartedly that it's bad. My statements were with regard to how they treat women. In fact, if you read my posting again, I'm the one who suggested that perhaps the media suppresses information and opened the discussion about that fact.

I did google as suggested by earthpuppy. What I found were sites from AMERICAN Muslims denouncing 9/11 and other terrorist acts. Would you have expected otherwise? They are in this country. There was a horrific backlash after 9/11.

Add the words Middle Eastern in front of all of my statements and I will stand by them.

We have quite a few convenience stores here in Florida. Most are owned/operated by Middle Eastern immigrants. The women clerks are always very friendly. They will smile and respond to you. The males? Without exception, they are rude, unsmiling, unfriendly and frankly....hostile. I won't even go into some of those stores any more. They make me anxious because of the attitude displayed. You will never convince me that Middle Eastern Muslim men respect or revere women. I'm sure you can find one exception somewhere, but as a whole they hate Americans and women in particular.
 trinity818
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 5:02:31 AM
Maybe Sahara and townie need to visit London, England or Paris, France or the Middle East.

I would be very interested to know if your viewpoints change. I am STILL specifically talking about the treatment of women by Middle Eastern Muslim men.
 trinity818
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 5:11:32 AM

How often do you speak out against abortion clinic bombings? Because, you know, if you don't speak out loud enough for people who don't pay attention to hear then you secretly agree that doctors should be shot in the head during church.

I don't secretly agree that abortion providers should be shot. I've been very honest in my posting here. To the point of setting myself up for ridicule.

I speak out against extremism to whomever will listen. The "left" is just as bad as the "right". Neither side listens to reason or is willing to compromise one bit.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 6:05:36 AM

I did google as suggested by earthpuppy. What I found were sites from AMERICAN Muslims denouncing 9/11 and other terrorist acts. Would you have expected otherwise? They are in this country.

Apparently your filters are clogged or you are a hopeless Islamophobe. Not to hard to find numerous references to Muslim leaders around the world condemning terrorism.

http://www.unc.edu/~kurzman/terror.htm

As usual in threads on terrorism and Muslim extremists, Americans refuse to address their role and creating an atmosphere that drives people to extremes. We had the world's empathy after 9/11, but quickly squandered it by attacking Afghanistan and Iraq. We increased by orders of magnitude, the numbers of radicalized middle easterners and others by attacking and occupying two more Muslim lands. It compounded the situation when Bush called it a Crusade, killed over a million innocent people, began torture and indefinate detentions and repeatedly violated international laws.
 trinity818
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 6:53:59 AM

and they make it look like that woman was a prostitute and she was a whore.

This is the rebuttal from the Muslim gentleman. Does it not imply that if the woman is a prostitue and/or a whore that it is OK to put her to death?

This (and the statement about allowing women to divorce) is specifically what I took issue with. I believe I've stated that multiple times.

I apologize to all for going so far off topic. The thread was supposed to be "islamization of london england" not "how do Muslim men treat their women". I hate debates. They are just pointless when neither side is willing to open their minds even a crack to concede even the smallest points. I thought I was conceding by opening a discussion about the media suppressing information. Wrong again!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 8:18:14 AM
oh dear Trinity and Booyahhh

you naughty free thinkers have upset the intolerant liberal win g of pof.

time to recognise you are wrong and they are right, its all that will do to placate them. then head to your nearest Int Lib re education centre and atone your sins.

in the English town of Luton soldiers paraded through the town. some muslims held placards calling them child killers and murderers. there was born the English Defence League.

i say some muslims and it was not many, but then the 'moderate' wing of the religion of peace never ever held a demo condeming them. a few weasel words from some talking head was all that happened.

3,000 E.D.L people protested in Luton on saturday. the intlib smear machine went into overdrive. nazi, fascist, neo nazi fascist, rascist all were shouted and said on press and tv.
that was 3,000 what should have been the labour partys core vote, working class but sick of pandering to islam as told by the intlibs.

3,000 E.D.L with representatives from europe. free thinkers , not sheeple like the intlibs love.
spread the word to your friends via e-mail that Europe is finally seeing the enemy in its midst, finally seeing the 5th columnist intlibs.

use the freedom of speach that you have in the U.S.A. as we in Europe get silenced. threatened with jail, actually jailed and murdered for not thinking the intlib way.

vlad dracul, both hands untied and thinking for himself
 vlad dracul
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 8:31:04 AM
oh and the smears. nazi, fascist and rascist. you intlibs have used the words so much that they mean nothing anymore.

people are starting to not care what you call them. better start thinking up some new insults for those who disagree with you

all you hetrophobic, antifreethinkerophobic intlibs.

but your hysterical shrieking can be amusing.

keep up the insults we can take them.

pity you lot cannot

vlad dracul

p.s. whats the intlib view on islams hatred of homosexuals? are muslims homophobic?
 ModestMouse30
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/8/2011 9:01:31 AM
^^^^

Homosexuality is a sin just like adultery is a sin. You don't become an apostate or a so called infidel by being a homosexual. However, it is not tolerated.

However, Islam does show flexibility with the people of genetic defects. Who grow up with gender confusion. In an ideal Islamic society, there would be programs and help support for such people. Iran has such program. The so called transexuals or shemales get a better status in Iran than in any other western world.

They are considered women and they are allowed to marry the man of their choice. However, many homosexuals are using that law to their advantage. Many of them are seeking sex change operations to be with their lovers.

That is besides the point. Isn't homosexuality also a grave sin in Christianity? So my question is why Islam is being singled out regarding this issue?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 9:07:30 AM
ModestMouse
im only asking a question mate. i am not a christian. i am non religious. and to be honest the question was more aimed at the intolerant liberals who force homosexuality into our lives.

but they are silent when the islamic view on homosexuality is mentioned. lets see what replys we get from the intlibs (who if they had their way would alter your beliefs in many many ways).

vlad dracul
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 9:50:41 AM
In the US, we are over 3000 times more likely to be murdered by a Christian than by a Muslim, though Muslims are 1/200th of the populace. Of 136,000 murders committed in the US since 9/11, less than three dozen were committed by avowed Muslims.

Fundie Christian sects share the same beliefs on homosexuality as fundie Muslims do. In fact, fundie extremists in the US, the C Street gang in particular, are pushing Protestant Uganda to adopt the death penalty for homosexuality.
http://www.alternet.org/news/147177/arch-conservative_u.s._christians_help_uganda_'kill-the-gays'_bill_stay_alive/

The extreme radical fundie right of the US is using Uganda as both a playground for spreading such legislation elsewhere, and for an eventual push in the US. We have a number of xian sects in the US advocating the death penalty for homosexuality.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/winter/the-hard-liners

The inflamation of Islamophobia itself is a self-fulfilling prophesy. The more the Islamophobes scream their hate and ignorance, the more they alienate mainstream muslims and drive their youth into the arms of extremists. All the fervor in the anti-Mosque movement here serves only to fan the flames. The Mosques themselves serve best to keep youth from being radicalized. Britains EDL hate group is doing the same thing with the same self-fulfilling prophesy.
http://umersultan.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/study-threat-of-muslim-american-terrorism-in-u-s/
 4rumninja
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/8/2011 11:16:07 AM
Right...as usual we are to blame for the actions of extremist nut jobs....how bout the fact that we are not Muslim..I think that is the most obvious reason that Islamic extremists don't like Americans or anyone else...the stats about violence waged by Muslims are interesting but misleading...If the Muslim extremists had their way anyone who wasnt Muslim would not exist...Islamaphobics is another misleading label...most people are not afraid of Islam they are afraid of Islamic Jihadists....why is it so easy for so many to blame America for everything while giving the real perpetrators a pass ....
 trinity818
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 12:05:24 PM

Isn't homosexuality also a grave sin in Christianity? So my question is why Islam is being singled out regarding this issue?

Because we don't stone them or put them to death for it.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 12:27:26 PM
Yeah..never let statistics or facts ruin a perfectly good hate fest. We are afterall, the most perfect and innocent of victims ever. Given the muslim to christian death toll, or the Israli to Palestinian ratio, it seems like the convert or die team of Christ and his Dad is winning.
Whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:13)

Some other views on why the West has help drive extremism.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/20/AR2007072001806.html

http://www.commongroundnews.org/article.php?id=1373&lan=en&sid=1&sp=0
http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/0927/p1s1-wogi.html

http://www.religioustolerance.org/reac_ter13.htm
Second half of the 20th Century: Relations between Islamic countries and the U.S. were profoundly affected by the west's cold war on communism. U.S. foreign policy promoted the creation and training of terrorist, gorilla, and military units. Usama Bin Laden's group was originally trained by the CIA.

The U.S. fought the growth of a pan-Arab nationalism in the region. Rather than supporting it as a cohesive force -- a source of stability -- throughout the Middle East, the U.S. encouraged divisions among Islamic states.

Some believe that the U.S. government supported Fundamentalist religious movements as an additional mechanism to fragment the Arab world.

Petro-dollars brought enormous wealth to many Muslim countries. Unfortunately, only Turkey out of the 50 or so Islamic countries involved are democracies. The leaders are generally autocratic, unelected, and not particularly accountable to public opinion. Their governments see no need to be responsive to the needs of their people. Civil liberties are sharply curtailed.

Political commentator Gynne Dyer writes: "The West created the modern Middle East, from its rotten regimes down to its ridiculous borders, and it did so with contemptuous disregard for the wishes of the local people. It is indeed a problem that most Arab governments are corrupt autocracies that breed hatred and despair in their own people, which then fuels terrorism against the West, but it was the West that created the problem -- and invading Iraq won't solve it. If the U.S. really wants to foster Arab democracy, it might try making all that aid to Egypt conditional on prompt democratic reforms. But I wouldn't hold my breath." 11

Millions of Palestinian refugees have been created as a result of the 1948 and 1967 wars in Palestine. Yet Muslim states have not accepted many into their countries; the refugees have been trapped in camps for decades. "...throughout the Middle East [many] cherish photos, house keys, and deeds to homes that no longer exist or which have housed Israelis for generations." 7

Governments in the region tended to invest in major infrastructure projects, but not in education improvements or activities that would bring economic opportunities to the people. Currently, "Almost half of Arabic-speaking women are illiterate." 11

Some of the countries have made moves towards democratization, and increased participation by the people in government. Turkey remains the only democracy among the 50 or so predominately Muslim countries. The Muslim world generally has few political parties, little press freedom, and few ways to express political dissent.

In many Arab/Muslim countries, the youth suffer immense frustration, created by high unemployment rates, poverty, lack of education, and lack of hope. They have little stake in the political system. They are not allowed to demonstrate against their government. Many deflect anger towards the U.S. - a government that they are often allowed to demonstrate against.

Some Muslims are angry that the U.S. has not spoken out against human rights abuses by those Middle Eastern governments that America supports. John Voll, professor of Islamic history at Georgetown University commented: "People there [in the Middle East] are convinced citizens in the United States have freedoms others don't have, [and] that the United States is also the chief supporter of suppressing democracy." 9 Walter Denny, professor of art history and Middle Eastern studies at the University of Massachusetts said: "The most important question we should be asking ourselves is 'Why do you think they hate us so much?' And if you look at our foreign policy that question is not too difficult to answer." He says that the key grievance is hypocrisy. The U.S. has repeatedly sided with authoritarian regimes such as Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, and Turkey. These are regimes that grant their citizens few human rights. They have no free press. Denny concluded: "We [the U.S.] don't trust democracy there. We believe stability is better than democracy. But it's a false kind of stability." 9

In recent years, the U.S. was involved in the Gulf War to liberate Kuwait from Iraqi aggression. They played a major role in ending the genocide against Muslims in Bosnia and the mass crimes against humanity in Kosovo. This has resulted in a favorable towards the U.S. among Muslims in the former Yugoslavia, and among the Saudis and Kuwaitis. But these feelings never spread to other countries.

Countering this is the great sympathy that many Muslims in the Middle East have for the Iraqi people who suffered under past U.S. bombing, a U.S. maintained economic blockade, and a U.S.-led invasion.

Many Muslims object to American culture which has become all-pervasive throughout the world -- particularly among the young. They see it as degenerate and immoral.

"Moderate Muslims are loath to criticize or debunk the fanaticism of the [Islamic] fundamentalists. Like the moderates in Northern Ireland, they are scared of what would happen to them if they speak their mind." 10

The Israeli - Palestine problem: There is a fundamental rule that firefighters use: it is always easier to quench a fire if the source of fuel is first turned off. In the Middle East, the Israeli - PLO conflict is fueling much of the anger, instability, unrest, distrust, hostility, and feelings of victimization in the region. The U.S. is seen as favoring and supporting Israel. They have given over three billion dollars a year in military and economic aid to Israel. The lack of a peace settlement, the continuing expansion of Jewish settlements in occupied lands, the status of the Dome of the Rock at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem -- the third most sacred spot in Islam -- and the status of the Muslim section in East Jerusalem are major flash points. 5 On 2001-SEP-28, the Infatada (uprising) by the Palestinians against Israel passed its first yearly anniversary. It has resulted in the deaths "of 647 people on the Palestinian side, 177 on the Israeli side," and the wounding of many thousands. 8 "Over the past year, Arab TV stations have broadcast countless pictures of Israeli soldiers shooting at Palestinian youths, Israeli tanks plowing into Palestinian homes, Israeli helicopters rocketing Palestinian streets." 7 Rafiq Hariri, the prime minister of Lebanon commented: "You see this every day, and what do you feel? It hurts me a lot. But for hundreds of thousands of Arabs and Muslims, it drives them crazy. They feel humiliated." The ratio of Palestinian to Israeli deaths has been relatively constant at 3 to 1 ever since.
 trinity818
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 1:05:30 PM
The Muslim Brotherhood is one of the few groups who have spoken out against violence and the perversion of Islam by radicals.

When they come to power in Egypt (and they probably will)...it will be interesting how they choose to handle it.
 Booyahhh
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/8/2011 2:40:03 PM
Sighh.....so anyway, back to the original topic...I don't understand what countries such as England or France (not to mention the U.S.) were thinking by letting such people come over in droves. A two-year old could have told them what the result would be, which is the chaos and desrtuction that is only still unfolding.

What a nice way to show gratitude for being allowed to escape your awful country huh?
I know though that it's politics and vote-buying as usual of course. Decision-makers don't have to live among the filth their decisions create. If they did they wouldn't allow it to happen.

And Trinity, yes it will be interesting to see what La Brotherhood will do won't it? I'm sure they'll treat women, gays, and non-Muslims just as wonderfully as has always been done.

Ahem.....roflmao.
 ModestMouse30
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/8/2011 3:15:17 PM
Go back to the history. How many Muslims wanted to live in the west and in European countries in middle ages? Muslims never felt the need to travel to a western country to make ends meet because they were all happy back in time until the European countries started invading them.

How west ruined the middle eastern countries and Asian countries, one no need to look further than the british rule In India. British came to India to do business. When the King's daughter got sick, a British doctor was able to cure her illness. In return, the king wanted to shower the doctor with gold and diamonds. Instead, the british doctor asked the king to allow the british to do business in India. That laid the foundation of the notorious British East India Company. When this good for nothing trade organization saw that the Mughal dynasty was weakened, they took every major step to manipulate the situation to their advantage. India was never the same any more.

Before asking what Muslims and another nationalities are doing in the west, the question should be asked what is making them coming to the same european and western countries that their forefathers never cared to even pay a visit as tourists until 400 or 500 years a go?
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/8/2011 4:11:54 PM

Isn't homosexuality also a grave sin in Christianity? So my question is why Islam is being singled out regarding this issue?

Because we don't stone them or put them to death for it.

Yeah but they still like killing people because of their sexual orientation.

Kill gay couples: A sign of the times?
By Mel Seesholtz, Ph.D.
Online Journal Contributing Writer
Aug 6, 2010, 00:20

It’s no secret that the radical Christian Right’s most often quoted “psychologist,” discredited Paul Cameron, has been advocating killing gays for decades.

At the 1985 Conservative Political Action Conference, [Paul] Cameron announced to the attendees, “Unless we get medically lucky, in three or four years, one of the options discussed will be the extermination of homosexuals.” According to an interview with former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, Cameron was recommending the extermination option as early as 1983. --Mark E. Pietzyk, The News-Telegraph, March 10, 1995

Of course, most the “Christian” leaders of the anti-gay movement distance themselves from such outright murderous statement, preferring instead to run workshops to teach children as young as 14 to hate gays. [1]

Perhaps the kids and other attendees that participate in LaBarbera’s workshop will be treated to the “Christian” music of You Can Run But You Can’t Hide, the frontman for which is Bradlee Dean [2]

1. http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/cliff-kincaid-added-labarberas-anti-gay-hate-fest
2. http://sfist.com/2010/07/23/targets_anti-gay_support.php

So you may want to check your facts before you make such statements.

The Christians are a much about hate as anyone, actually they are so much about hate, apparently they also hate Muslims, for proof re-read this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sighh.....so anyway, back to the original topic...I don't understand what countries such as England or France (not to mention the U.S.) were thinking by letting such people come over in droves. A two-year old could have told them what the result would be, which is the chaos and desrtuction that is only still unfolding.

You sure do not understand, as I will bet my Malibu Stacy mini skirt collection you have never actually been to any of those countries and your understanding of them is coming from cable news.

What a nice way to show gratitude for being allowed to escape your awful country huh?

Do you mean in the same way the early America Settlers treated the Native Americans way or they are just too brown for your liking?

I know though that it's politics and vote-buying as usual of course. Decision-makers don't have to live among the filth their decisions create. If they did they wouldn't allow it to happen.

No, you do not know, as you are just regurgitating what you have heard, err I eman what you have been told.

And Trinity, yes it will be interesting to see what La Brotherhood will do won't it? I'm sure they'll treat women, gays, and non-Muslims just as wonderfully as has always been done.

There folks is a good example of how the fear machine works.

Fox News not racist, but number one with racists.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 9:12:13 PM
Stop judging the ideology based on the action of few.

Okay, I'll judge the ideology based on many...

Homosexuality is a sin just like adultery is a sin. You don't become an apostate or a so called infidel by being a homosexual. However, it is not tolerated.

Well that seems odd. God created gay people. Did God f'ck up? Seems rather blasphemous to call God a f'ck up. Not to mention it's completely intolerant and the opposite of what you suggest Islam really is.

However, Islam does show flexibility with the people of genetic defects. Who grow up with gender confusion. In an ideal Islamic society, there would be programs and help support for such people. Iran has such program. The so called transexuals or shemales get a better status in Iran than in any other western world.

That is bat sh't crazy. You get put to frigging death if you're gay in Iran. And you think allowing sex changes makes this okay? For real? And this is something we should all be tolerant of and respectful towards?

'quote]"There is one part for homosexuality in men, which is called lavat (sodomy), which is punishable by death. There is another for women, which is called mosahegheh. If the crime is committed up to three times, the penalty is 100 lashes. On the fourth, it is execution."

Scary, crazy, intolerable, nonsense. Not okay. Not a small minority.

They are considered women and they are allowed to marry the man of their choice. However, many homosexuals are using that law to their advantage. Many of them are seeking sex change operations to be with their lovers

Well no kidding. You're forcing people to get major life altering operations so they don't get killed by your religion. That's nuts. Absolutely nuts. That's not in any way the definition of "flexible".

And voila. The way this sentence is written, I can tell you know that Iran's treatment of homosexuality is a little f'cked up. Don't you? Islam is being singled out because it's crazy and if Christians were like that, they would be crazy too.

It’s no secret that the radical Christian Right’s most often quoted “psychologist,” discredited Paul Cameron, has been advocating killing gays for decades.

That's one guy, not governing parties of entire countries and leaders of religious schools.

In fact arguments like, you're 3000 times more likely to get killed by a Christian nutter than a muslim nutter make no real sense at all. They're both nutters! It's just a portion game you're playing. More of one doesn't make the other okay.

Here's what David Cameron said yesterday in a speech which caused a good ole fashioned Brit row...

He claims some young Muslim men ‘find it hard to identify with Britain… because we have allowed the weakening of our collective identity’. The doctrine of ‘state of multiculturalism’ is blamed for encouraging culturally different people to live ‘apart from one another and apart from the mainstream’. It is also said to have prevented a vision of society to which these young men can feel attached. Part of the cure is thus said to be ‘a clear sense of national identity that is open to everyone’.

Still thinking about that one.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2011 12:21:59 AM

And voila. The way this sentence is written, I can tell you know that Iran's treatment of homosexuality is a little f'cked up. Don't you? Islam is being singled out because it's crazy and if Christians were like that, they would be crazy too.

Amazing how conveniently folks ignore the insanity in their own circles. Obama just attened the obligatory "prayer breakfast", hosted by the C Street Theocrats. While he mouthed concern over homophobia, I didn't notice any effort to reign in Inhofe and other C Street Theocrats working to help institute the death penalty for Ugandan gays. These d*ckheads are not only intent on global domination via violent theocracy, they plan to institute that theocracy here.

http://www.examiner.com/progressive-in-portland/c-street-politics-the-family-sponsors-death-for-homosexuals-uganda

C Street politics: The Christian mafia is advocating the death penalty for homosexuals in Uganda. The Family at C Street, aka the Christian mafia, is backing proposed anti-gay legislation in Uganda that will sentence homosexuals to death.

The Family at C Street is actively supporting the Ugandan leaders who are championing this draconian legislation, legislation that would institute the death penalty for homosexuality.

C Street has been a Christian fundamentalist frat house for US congressman and senators. The house, sometimes referred to as the "C Street Complex", is home base for the Family.

Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni, and David Bahati, a key Ugandan lawmaker, are both active members of the Family, and the major force behind the legislation. Indeed, they represent the Family in Uganda. Bahati organizes the Family's Ugandan National Prayer Breakfast and oversees an African student leadership program designed to create future leaders for Africa, into which the Family has poured millions of dollars.

The Family is a secretive international Christian cult that preaches a doctrine known as the "Seven Mountains Mandate" in which believers seek to gain world control, by gaining influence over seven key sectors of society: religion, government, media, education, arts and entertainment, family, and business. The group is quite sexist, believing in a strong patriarchy, and obviously radical in their homophobia. Members take an oath and are sworn to secrecy.

The Family espouses strange and nefarious goals. Indeed, their mission is to create a universal Christian theocracy, a world where all governments are subordinate to this dangerous and secretive Christian sect.

Some of the U.S. politicians who belong to the Family include Congressmen Bart Stupak and Joe Pitts, (notorious for working together to strip reproductive rights out of U.S. health care reform); Nevada Senator John Ensign, South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, and former Representative Chip Pickering of Mississippi, (all three guilty of adultery and hypocrisy - all three made their political careers by publicly professing their religious faith and their so-called "family values"); and, Senators Brownback and Inhofe.

As for the 3000 times more likely to be murdered by a xian in the US....do your own math. Out of 136,000 murders in the US since 2001, only 36 were committed by Muslims in a land where 83% profess to be Christians.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > islamization of london england