Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > islamization of london england      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 178
view profile
History
islamization of london englandPage 9 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Islamphobia can be better understood as part of brain chemistry/structure...a large right amygdala.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/07/brain-structure-differs-in-liberals-conservatives-study/
 trinity818
Msg: 179
islamization of london england
Posted: 4/9/2011 7:27:59 AM

I don't think anyone disputes the existance of violence. It's dangerous to use it as an excuse for supporting other negative behavior. Instead of scouring the internet for examples of why you think you're justified in your hate, take a breath and decide what your goal is.

Many of the posters here keep trying to blame the violence in the mid-east on either the US military or Christians and Jews from god knows what century. That is disingenuous at best. I don't feel hate. That's quite presumptuous of you. I feel anger. And it's directed at extremists of all varieties. That includes Muslims who commit violence against innocent people, be they other Muslims or Christians. Their frustration and ignorance is NOT a valid excuse for murder. I feel the same anger towards EXTREME righties and lefties within the US.

I agree that I should have expressed my opinion without using the words "often" and "regular". My post was in response to EP's assertions about the attack on the UN facility in Afghanistan. I reacted emotionally.

Do you ever post an opinion about anything? Or do you just follow the rest of us around correcting our behavior? Talk about righteous indignation. Pot meet kettle.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2011 9:17:44 AM
here trinity have a wee gander at this web page

TheReligionofPeace.com
it lists attacks on christians by muslims from around the world since the world trade centre.
you will see that its only 'isolated' incidents.
and look up the incident in australia where muslim students urinated then spat upon and then burned a bible.
did aussies go on the rampage and kill innocents and burn american flags? and then blame the muslims for the deaths?
na.

Submitted by Nur el Masih Ben Haq (United States), Apr 8, 2011 at 04:25

MUSLIMS HAD BURNED COPIES OF THE BIBLE WITH IMPUNITY

The increasingly atheistic, and therefore morally bankrupted, Western politicians have always exploited the peaceful nature of Christianity to impress the increasingly politically "indispensible" Western Muslim communities in return for their votes and other selfish deals.

Instead of telling the widely acclaimed violent community the home truth, the Western politicians and academicians always tell Muslims what they want to hear. Any frank and justifiable opposition to obvious Islamic threat is dubiously dismissed as racism and Islamphobia.

chttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pPz4xfcvu8
http://justifythis.blogspot.com/2006/12/australia-muslim-students-urinate-spit.html
http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/2010/09/muslims_burn_bibles_routinely_and_often.html
http://www.speroforum.com/a/17283/Muslims-burn-Bible-in-Pakistan
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html?cat=9
http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?id=25885
http://www.asianews.it/index.php?l=en&art=14039&size=A
http://unsavoryislam.blogspot.com/2011/03/two-christians-killed-churches-and.html

Kenneth John Bigley (22 April 1942 - 7 October 2004), born Liverpool, England, was a civil engineer who was kidnapped in the al-Mansour district of Baghdad, Iraq on 16 September 2004, along with his colleagues Jack Hensley and Eugene Armstrong, both U.S. citizens. The three men were working for Gulf Supplies and Commercial Services, a Kuwaiti company working on reconstruction projects in Iraq. They knew their house was being watched and that they were in grave danger because their Iraqi house guard told them he was quitting because he had been threatened by militias that knew he was protecting Americans and Brits, but Bigley and the two Americans decided it was worth it to live with the danger. All were subsequently beheaded.

of course it would be far better if we did not mention things like these savage acts by the religion of peace.

after all its only infidels ho ae targeted eh? who is doing the dehumanising then?

no doubt our intlib forum pc police will try and pat us on the head in a patronising manner and totally ignore the cause of our ire. the fact that islam is incompatable with western lifestyle.

perhaps they should get the missus dressed up in a blanket and head back to bedrockistan

anyway trinity keep plodding away as the 'we know best' tribe are getting all hissy now lol

vlad dracul
away to get more things online to upset intlibs (and trying not to use fox news stories as it baffles them if you dont)

oh and ive just read that the bbc caused a stir in 2008 on some drama rubbish

the white wings alliance, far right evangelical christians. inspired by the crusades.
guess what happened?

yep a member of said group beheads an innocent muslim lol

imagine if it was the other way around? an innocent christian beheaded by a muslim who followed islam?

way beyond belief that though, the bbc knows that would be silly as islam is the religion of peace
 vlad dracul
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2011 3:18:57 AM
good morning from edinburgh to the Rockie mountains.

well if people are responsible for their thoughts then obviously the mad muslims who maim, kill and burn the obligeratory american flags in the name of islam have severe mental problems.
dont you think some of the intlibs on this debate should try and explain, in simple chidish tones obviously as we are too stupid to know otherwise WHY does the burning of a koran result in death, destruction and yes add burning the flags?
i put a link on my last post about the bible desecration in australia.
here maybe thats why the koran was burned? because the colonel gdaftys desecrated a bible?
oh the irony.
ah the name calling? lol well what can i say? or more to the point where do i start?
look at some of the replies to posts which question islam.
not too far back is a reply to a poster which just oozes smugness and patronisation. if they cant tell us WHY mad muslims go on the rampage and kill, maim and of course burn american flags for the slightest reason perhaps they should not be too critical of others who do have a problem with islam and the mad muslim element of said religion.

the poster from oxford (which is closer to london so they should know better) was the one that made me change tact.
now i shall be just as sneery and patronising as them, although i will not resort to racism as another poster did with me. (see a debate about islam yet the islamist resorts to race, why? islam is not a race its a belief)
yep i suppose i do dehumanise, but hey fight fire with fire i say, im not hamstrung by the twin afflictions of christain guilt or (adopts sneering tone) liberalism.
and if i do post links i shall try and make some of them the same incident because im feeling left out by not being patronised or sneered at.
well its a lovely day to sit in the garden and drink beer and hunt the tinterweb for more snippets so i can hit a better score on the reply sneerometer

a big hello and have a lovely day to all (even to the sneerfinder generals)

vlad dracul

stop press
france introduces its burka ban tomorrow (woo hoo well done france)
61 arrested in paris at a demo against the banning including gdaftys from the uk and belgium. now will come the choice, do they follow the law as set out by the french govenment? or do they do the usual? riot, maim, kill and oh you know the next bit. american flag makers must be making a right few £'s.
my money is on mad muslims rioting all over france and probably other european countrys as well.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2011 5:09:07 AM
Folks like their smug beliefs that people of Islam are short fused alien creatures that go off on any little thing for no good reason. It's comforting to think that our superiority is what pisses Muslims off most and that their reactions to various levels of aggression by us are but amusing.

The French burka ban is another arbitrary and caprecious legislation meant to rub their Islamophobia in the faces of Muslims. It is counterproductive and designed to alienate further, the Muslim citizens from mainstream French Islamophobes. I would imagine that if France decided to ban Kippot, Tzitzit, or the Kittel that there would be similar outrage among the Jewish community, or banning of crosses worn around the neck or wedding veils would stir Christians into a tizzy. Nope...just one group.

This is just the latest chapter in a long Western history of mucking in the affairs of Muslims and the Middle East. Does anyone really believe that Muslims would be so distrustful of us and that radicalism toward the West would be this intense if we had not been so aggressive toward Islam and her nations? While the past 3 decades of colonialism in the oil fields is fresh in our minds, it goes back quite a bit further.
Robert Neuman did a fine analysis of our history of mucking about in the affairs of, and pissing off people in the Middle East. Quite informative, while bringing humour to the subject.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5267640865741878159#

Shortly after 9/11 the CS Monitor did a thoughtful piece on how the US government and it's lap dogs have created such annimosity toward the West.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/0927/p1s1-wogi.html

There is a plethora of thoughtful writing from Muslim perspectives on how things got to this point, but through unwillingness, or laziness, folks who prefer the simple narratives will
 vlad dracul
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2011 5:47:32 AM
good afternoon EP.

lol oh i do love when intlibs get upset, nowt personal mate.

i do agree however about the west interfering in the middle east and muslim affairs.

leave the middle east to turn on itself and they can riot, kill, maim and muder till their wee hearts are content.

as for muslims in europe? if they dont like what they see than leave and head to a muslim paradise somewhere. you will not get too many people upset by that.

the burka ban?
infact should intlibs not WELCOME the burka ban? poor women will be able to get a wee bit of a suntan.

no one is stopping them from wearing the traditional headscarves, only the walking coffin banket. and she is free to wear it in the house all she wants. sounds fair to me.
of course the intlibs will hiss and get all nasty and name cally about the french until they get their own way.

toodle pip just now im away to find more things too annoy intlibs and mad muslim sympathisers with

vlad dracul
head of liberal baiting at the university of NONPC based in EDINBURGH
 vlad dracul
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2011 4:53:59 AM
further to the disbelief that innocent muslims do not burn churches comes a tale from lampedusa in italy

it appears muslim refugees have burnt a church to the ground. and it seems the priest had given some refuge as well.

of course the main stream media must ahve overlooked this story by accident. as we all know they are fair and unbiased in their reporting. although to their credit bulgarian tv showed it. there is a clip on youtube.

expect christians to riot, maim, kill and burn american flags. after all intlibs will understand their feelings at this heinous crime

vlad dracul
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2011 6:48:11 AM
"
The French burka ban is another arbitrary and caprecious legislation meant to rub their Islamophobia in the faces of Muslims. It is counterproductive and designed to alienate further, the Muslim citizens from mainstream French Islamophobes. I would imagine that if France decided to ban Kippot, Tzitzit, or the Kittel that there would be similar outrage among the Jewish community, or banning of crosses worn around the neck or wedding veils would stir Christians into a tizzy. Nope...just one group."
You missed badly with this one, Earthpuppy. Banning people from hiding their identity is not the same as banning them from displaying their religious beliefs, EXCEPT in the minds of those (the Muslims who follow that part of their system) who insist that hiding their faces is an essential part of the religion. Since there IS very good reason to require that all people NOT hide their identities all the time, regardless of their affiliation, I have no special problem with the French law. Of course I'm not French, so it wouldn't matter what I thought anyway.
Were I to have WRITTEN the law, I would have phrased it in a way so as to make it clear that it was about general public safety, and not about religion. My version would PROBABLY have primarily caused tremendous upset to those wishing to celebrate Halloween, more than any other group.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2011 6:59:28 AM
At all times in history, including now, we can find examples of members of any group you can name, committing atrocities. Pointing at one group or another and trying to make out that they are MORE atrocious than the others, based on the exact quantity of egregious acts is tricky at best, and specious over all.
Personally, I believe in sticking to my principles, regardless of how badly others behave around me. That we can find plenty of anti-American or anti-Christian, or anti-whateveryougot in the world, does NOT excuse another group taking it up themselves. You can't commit revenge against someone without first discarding your claimed principle that THEY ignored.
The recent idiotic act by the guy in Florida was terrible, and proved nothing, other than that HE is irresponsible and selfish. That the reaction overseas was terrible and violent, and is inexcusable on THEIR parts.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2011 8:56:04 AM
msg 319
by innocent mulims i mean that in certain peoples eyes all muslims are innocent and wish people no harm. but thats not true, some do wish harm. sorry i didnt make that clear but upon reading it back i knew you would correct me. thank you so much.
p.s. see you never mentioned the incident in italy?
msg 322

of course the eu wont listen to italy. they listen to no one. do you honestly think the people in the uk give a toss about libya?
politicians do, the media do the ordinary man in the street would i think if given the choice let them kill each other.
again not one british soldier, sailor or airman should lose their life in any conflict which is none of the uk's business.
who cares? its sad but its a civil war. dont think a coalition govenment made up of tories and lib dems represent all the voters.
the tories may have won the election but they cant rule without the libdems. oh the joy of watching liberals calling for war.
yep send all the refugees here, it will hasten the final conflict even more. and IF italy or france have massive unrest then thats too bad. they have the solution.
the lega nord will just ship them to the south of italy, lol

and one more thing if you please? lampedusa accepted the refugees, why did they then burn the church down? one sure way of wanting any country to accept you eh?

oh and should they not have stayed and fought either for or against the regime?

vlad dracul
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2011 2:17:47 PM
"Terrible, really..He burned a book...what was terrible was the use of this act by crazy ass Muslims to riot and kill..now that's terrible..."
Yes, he burned a SPECIFIC book , knowing FULL WELL that by doing so, he was effectively spitting on the beliefs of the people he purposely insulted. His goal was to goad them into violence, and he succeeded...but that doesn't make his act of callous disrespect anything other than what it was: a dishonorable, selfish act of grandstanding for personal rewards, that led to the deaths of innocents. And note, I don't excuse their insanity, I label both for what they are: callous, selfish fanatics, whose actions are designed to incite violence upon violence.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2011 3:06:18 PM
Ep..wrote..The French burka ban is another arbitrary and caprecious legislation meant to rub their Islamophobia in the faces of Muslims. It is counterproductive and designed to alienate further, the Muslim citizens from mainstream French Islamophobes. I would imagine that if France decided to ban Kippot, Tzitzit, or the Kittel that there would be similar outrage among the Jewish community, or banning of crosses worn around the neck or wedding veils would stir Christians into a tizzy. Nope...just one group."
Igor Frankenstein wrote..."You missed badly with this one, Earthpuppy. Banning people from hiding their identity is not the same as banning them from displaying their religious beliefs, EXCEPT in the minds of those (the Muslims who follow that part of their system) who insist that hiding their faces is an essential part of the religion. Since there IS very good reason to require that all people NOT hide their identities all the time, regardless of their affiliation....End Igor quote...

The French ban does not ban wedding veils for Christians, motorcycle helmuts with face protection, ski masks, carnival masts, sunglasses and beards, etc. I find it pretty disingenuous to claim it is about public safety/identity. It's likely that the ban is meant to send a message to conform to established Frenchness, leave, or do not come at all. Muslims make up 10% of France's population right now, with only 2000 women wearing the banned garb. The problem it appears, is not the 2000 women in a nation of 64 million, but muslims in general, much like the US WASP population is freaking out about brown people from south of the border. Intimidation and Muslim targeted laws are tactics to send a message to chill immigration. Frances is the EU equivalent of our Arizona, leading the charge on discouraging immigration on a select group of people.

The West has done far more than it's share to destabilize a number of muslim dominated nations, creating refuges that often need to emmigrate for personal safety . Millions of Iraqis remain homeless from our Shuck and Awe and destabilization there. The "Coalition" intent on removing Gadahfi has intensified the war zone and rush out of Libya to safety in Italy.

I've not seen any coverage yet on who started the Church fire, whether it was arson, frustration, or accident, a mob or a couple of bad apples, if there was evangelizing involved, etc. The Islamophobe blogosphere exploded with coverage of it. Yet when there are a few hundred incidents of Mosque attacks and burnings, nary a peep.

There are a huge number of Mosque attacks just in the US. I know of 3 locally in the past couple of years. The Murfreesboro, TN Mosques under construction had equipment firebombed a few months ago.

Sheila Musaji is keeping a tally and updated the following on Jan. 30th of this years.
http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/mosques_in_us_that_have_experienced_violent_or_racist_incidents1/0012120
 vlad dracul
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2011 4:21:18 AM
EP. Why has the church burning not been reported? You tell me. Did you look at the Bulgarian TV clip? Its the only MSM report I can see.

Yep I can understand why muslims would get the hump over the west. I would reiterate my belief that blair/bush. Cameron/obama stand trial for war crimes. I would also leave ALL countrys too sort themselves out. Not one UK life is worth losing.
Now as to why I mention muslims. As its a thread about islam I would have thought that was obvious?
If the thread was about the christianization of saudi arabia then I would expect the roles to be reversed.
If only we could stop interfering then perhaps muslims would head to their islamic paradices rather than any infidel non believer lands.
As for the terry jones thing he just seems the nut job christian equivelant to a nut job muslim.
But the bible desecration in australia never provoked the level of violence muslims resorted to.

Have a lovely religion free day with no bible/koran burning.
Toodle pip

Vlad Dracul
 vlad dracul
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2011 7:16:52 AM
Msg 332

Lol good to see you have a sense of humour. But I think my day shall be just fine without being 'blessed' by anyone.

But if people take comfort in an imaginery being in the sky who am I to say different?

Just try not to kill and maim in said imaginery beings name.

That way everyone gets a result.

Toodles

Vlad Dracul
 mungojoe
Msg: 192
Posted: 4/12/2011 3:05:13 PM
Terrible isn't it? I don't understand why our government is letting this happen.

Aye, terrible it is... isn't it?

It IS sad when age, ignorance, impotence and a life of abject failure catch up to aging football hooligans... All that is then left is the blatant trolling of internet forums in vain efforts to recapture imagined past glory... Like this thread, for instance...
 vlad dracul
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2011 12:23:59 AM
you sound a tad upset mungojoe?

heres a wee idea, why dont you produce a list of aging radical student approved subjects which can be discussed?

you could use the smiley things as a guide.

one smiley means mungojoe approved up to 5 angry smileys which will mean mungojoe is angry at this subject.

or get in touch with admin about the list of proscribed subjects you would introduce.

im glad that open forums have their own guardian of the aging radical student topics.

blatant trolling? lol catch a grip. ill maybe start another thread on why aging radical students like to see only their pet subjects debated (only pro mungojoe will be allowed)

to the other debaters on this thread a very good morning from sunny e/burgh

oh even to you as well mungojoe. enjoy your starbucks and guardian.

toodle pip

vlad dracul

p.s. the photie of me in a blackshirt is so i fit into all of YOUR stereotypes. lol
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2011 3:43:22 AM
For one so needful of sterotyping "intlibs", ya seem to get upset easily vlad. Even when someone makes a small point of difference or reference, you call them "upset".

There is however, some validity to types, particularly the fearmonger and phobe types .
5 years ago Stanford and UC Berkeley researchers study results suggest that conservatism is a mild to moderate form of insanity. Analyzing conservatives in 12 countries revealed that “several psychological variables predicted political conservatism.” In order of predictive power they found that conservatives shared these traits: Death anxiety, system instability, dogmatism/intolerance of ambiguity, closed-mindedness, low tolerance of uncertainty, high needs for order, structure, and closure, low integrative complexity, fear of threat and loss, and low self-esteem. The researchers conclude, a little chillingly, that “the core ideology of conservatism stresses resistance to change and a justification of inequality.”

Change is happening in the world, particularly the white world. Where we were once briefly conquerers and the world was our colony, the world is coming to all white christian bastions and changing the color and flavour of societies. It is how one adapts and/or accepts inevitable change, that will either make these changes violent or civil. History has shown us that Christians, Jews and Muslims can live in peace. It has also shown us here that the world did not end when we had our first Catholic president nor has it thus far ended with our first half white president. Civil Rights and women voting did not destroy civilization as we know it. Around here the Mosque in Murfreesboro is being fought against with violence, while the one being built in Memphis sees the Church across the street opening it's doors to it new neighbors while construction proceeds. Guess which community is more peaceful?

PS...most folks don't mind your frequent references to intelligent liberals...intlibs.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2011 8:28:12 AM
Oh Lowered, what a lot of overblown nonsense. While I'm sure these "studies" had some valid (as in not necessarily partisan) goals, the presentation of all of them as depicted here makes them all useless or anything but what they are BEING used here for: to irritate the other side.
None of the descriptions of studies given here, DEFINED THEIR TERMS. Since they didn't DEFINE how they decided someone was liberal or conservative, none of WHAT EVER results they might have come up with, can be applied to ANYTHING.
I wonder where they would have put me? I get accused of being a liberal dupe by some, and a conservative flunky by some, and a middle of the road "appeaser" by others.
I know that what makes me go with ideas put forward by folks who are self labeled as conservatives, has nothing to do with fear. When I side with the liberals, it has nothing to do with being calm.
I guess I would be determined to be defective in BOTH directions.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2011 8:33:01 AM
RE Msg: 340 by FrankNStein902:
Here is another study that shows in general there are differences in brain structures between liberals and conservatives.

This shows how difference brain types process fear and may explain why at times conservatives seem irrational with regards to fears.
Yes, it does show something. It shows that liberals are pretty much the same as conservatives, except that liberals are slightly more likely to ignore the dangers in impulsive political decisions than conservatives, and conservatives are slightly more likely to be over-cautious than liberals.

The study stated that "greater liberalism was associated with increased gray matter volume in the anterior cingulate cortex, whereas greater conservatism was associated with increased volume of the right amygdala,". The study thus showed differences in the amount of gray matter in different areas of the brain.

It seems that the amount of gray matter changes throughout life, as it increases quite a lot by something as simple as exercise:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/jan/18/running-brain-memory-cell-growth

It seems that the gray matter is responsible for the processing of information, the CPUs of the brain, while the white matter makes the connections, the network connections, and the bandwidth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_matter

The signifcance is that although one's level of processing in any area of the brain could be subject to change, in the short term, it is still physically limited by the amount one has at the current time. So one can find oneself stuck in one mode of thinking for a while.

It seems that the amygdala feeds into the hypothalamus. This feedback allows you to react to danger. The amygdala is responsible for learning what is dangerous, danger-based learning. For instance, alcoholics have been found to have decreased activity in the amygdala.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala

The anterior cingulate cortex seems to be involved in error correction, conflict monitoring, and reward-based learning. When you make errors in a task, the ACC is activated most, and subsequently, you make less errors. Thus, it seems that the ACC is how you learn to "fix" your mistakes. In people with OCD, there has been found to be unusually low levels of glutatmate in the area of the ACC, and those people are people who find that once they have to do a certain task, they find themselves unable to stop, indicating their brain finds it hard to tell them when they have done enough, and can stop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterior_cingulate_cortex

Thus, the significance with regards to liberals and conservatives, is that liberals tend to be find it easier to not be OCD, and to relax about issues, saying "let's just go with the flow", but would equally be less likely to take concern of an issue when due care and attention is required. Conservatives would tend to be more worried about the outcomes, and less likely to relax when things are not a problem any more.

Effectively, this study reflects what we already know about liberals and conservatives, that conservatives tend to be more worried about screwing-up the system, while liberals tend to take a more easy-going, sometimes too easy-going, attitude to life.

As the brain does temporarily maintain such differences on a physical level, that liberals and conservatives can sometimes find themselves trapped to continue in their usual thought patterns, even when they know that the situation demands different reactions to their current attitudes. But again, this is something we see all the time.

As the brain does sometimes change the level of gray matter, so does its processing. Again, we see that although liberals and conservatives are often slow to change, they do eventually change, if a little late, which is exactly what biology would dictate.

Unfortunately, all this study does, is confirm that what we already can see in the behaviour of both liberals and conservatives.

About the only difference it might suggest, is that people who exercise would be less likely to remain stuck in their current attitudes, when the situation requires change, and thus, the real cause of liberals and conservatives remaining stuck to their views, is the result of the lack of regular exercise in their lives.

Liberals are slightly higher the Conservatives in the categories of Below Average weight, and Average weight, and are slightly higher in the categories of Somewhat Above Average weight, and Considerably Above Average weight. Moderates score as considerably lower than both in the categories of Below Average weight and in Somewhat Above Average weight, and considerably higher than both in the categories of Average weight and Considerably Above Average weight
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/12/are-conservatives-fatter-than-liberals/

Weighting each category, and worked out as percentages, the results are quite surprising.

Weighting the weight categories as 0,1,2,3, and normalising with percentages, the values for Liberals, Moderates, and Conservatives are: 33.07, 33.64, and 33.30. Not much in it, but the Liberals are slimmer than the Conservatives, and the Moderates are fattest of all.

Weighting the weight categories as 0,1,2,3, and normalising with percentages, the values for Liberals, Moderates, and Conservatives are: 33.24, 33.55 and 33.21. Here, the values are even closer. This time, the Conservatives are slightly slimmer than the Liberals. But the Moderates are still fattest.

Overall, we can see that there is just not that much difference between any of the groups, to suggest that the differences are significant.

Even in the original study, the differences are not likely to be that much different. In a different study, that looked at reactions of liberals and conservatives to change, the liberals made mistakes about 37% of the time, while conservatives made mistakes about 47% of the time. A reasonable difference, but considering these are only the errors anyway, it's hardly that much to write home about.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12614-political-affiliation-could-be-all-in-the-brain-.html

The only real point of significance, is that Moderates are believed to be the most reasonable, and hence the most likely to adapt. If anything, the finding that political orientations have relevancy to the physical structure of the brain, shows that Moderates are the least likely to change their views of all, even when they need to.

Liberals who use such studies to claim they are more capable than Conservatives, be warned. All such studies are likely to reveal, is that Liberals act pretty much the same as Conservatives, and that swapping one with the other, is like getting angry with Bush for opening Gitmo, and then expecting Obama to close it. Ain't gonna happen. They're too much alike.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2011 5:33:32 AM
ah EP. i dont get upset. the blackshirt reference was about mosleys blackshirts. a wee in joke. im sorry.
no intlib on this earth could upset me mate.
anyway ive ploughed through the messages and am i correct in saying that your conclusion is that liberals are dead brainy and clever and can use big words and conservatives are stupid not as clever and dont know any big words?
would that be a fair summary?
womens rights? what societys do not allow women to vote i wonder?
if you liberal types are sooooooo clever why do they want a war with iran? also president autocue and BIG hilary are helping the uprising aginst gadaffi but completly ignoring the one in bahrain. very strange indeed.
which countries are all the great religions living in peace and without tension?
lol aye intelligent liberals you may be EP. javascript:smilie('')who am i to say? by your reckoning im just a dafty who needs led by the hand to the intlib re education camp and seeing the error of my ways. lol lead on MacDuff (incidently the Clan of my ancesters, and not a ku klux in sight)

as for the brain stuff? did people not get hanged after WW2 for spouting such nonsense?

vlad dracul
sipping tea (how british, how conservative) wondering if his re education camp will have a bar and sky sports to watch the football and relive his football hooligan glory days.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2011 8:58:18 AM
Well frankster we do have a parliament in scotland. We have only so much say in our affairs though.
But what's the point of independence only to be run completely from brussels?
There was much skulldugery involved in the release of the lockerbie bomber although the release of al megrahi ultimately lies with the ruling (in scotland) SNP.
Euorope is heading for a seismic change. Keep your eyes open for the elections in finland this weekend. I can see Marine le Pen doing well in France and the BNP doing ok in council elections in england. Poms ? Lol take it your in Australia then?
Here you better watch calling me a jock some brainy intlib will take offence on my behalf and you will get sent to intlib diversity re education camp lol

Vlad Dracul
Only joking mate jock is fine by me. I'm not that precious I shall break into bits.

Have a nice day cobber
 vlad dracul
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2011 4:45:35 PM
a wee update on andrew ryan the ex squaddie who burnt a koran in protest at the burning of poppies on remembrance day by islamists.

whereas emdadur choudry recieved a £50 fine for a public order offence for burning the poppies no such kid gloves for andrew ryan. nothing less than a 'hate' crime.
at carlisle magistrates court he was jailed for 70 days and another 30 days to run concurrent for the theft of the koran.
as he was led down the cells he shouted 'what about burning poppies?'
what indeed?
a police spokesman said 'it shows how seriously we take hate crime in this country'
unless you spout hate against our war dead, our returning troops and the vast majority of the population in the uk.
then they dont give a toss.

he who riots most and kills and maims in the name of their religion get the full protection of the inlibs. after all he was only using his democratic rights when insulting our war dead.

the rest of us get the full weight of the corrupt courts.

vlad dracul
wondering why the uk has become so effete and cowardly

oh and lots of our newspapers have closed readers comments for this story. i wonder why?
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2011 6:29:45 PM
While I do appreciate the pretense, pretext, and diverse, complex, and ever-changing nature of the Teapbulicans, and their ability to fool a bunch of the people all of the time., they are still douchebaggers...bless their hearts. You can wear all sorts of clown masks, or rodeo clown disguises, but truthe be told, comes out when you hang with your own. The teabaggers, nativists, patriots, etc..have proven to be the most disingenuous scared white folks bunch since the KKK.
https://www.irehr.org/issue-areas/tea-parties/19-news/79-tea-time-with-the-posse-inside-an-idaho-tea-party-patriots-conference
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2011 6:49:15 PM
Oops..sorry that was meant for the Zombie thread. Mybad.
 trinity818
Msg: 202
Posted: 7/15/2017 11:32:18 AM
Here's an oldie from Vlad. First thread I ever posted on. My views have changed a bit in 6 years.

I wish Earthpuppy and Matchlight would come back.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > islamization of london england