Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Why are most new rock bands terrible?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 a_djentleman
Msg: 203
Why are most new rock bands terrible?Page 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Everything said by Gondolan is so unbelievably spot on... You got no one but yourself to blame if you can't find good new music.
 Coma_White
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Why are most new rock bands terrible?
Posted: 10/19/2014 4:42:21 PM

See, this is where you are incorrect. Record companies are freaking loaded and most of the big labels are conglomerates anyway. They have the money to promote new and talented acts and drive up the sales of new artists. The problem is that they don't. A lot of good new bands are starting their own record labels because they don't want to be gouged of potential earnings by the corporations, this is common in indie especially. They'd rather promote garbage like Nickelcrap and Bieber on the major labels over good bands like Arkells and Monster Truck, all of whom are Canadian artists. Why do you think Rush started Anthem records? They wanted creative freedom and the ability to put out quality music at their own pace.

No, it's not incorrect. Record companies have a lot of money because they how how to invest their money and get a return. Yes, they have the resouces to promote new artists, but you can't guarantee they will turn a profit if they take a chance on a new artist. Many times, they spend millions promoting a single or a new artist and they will lose money. These companies are putting money into groups like Nickelback because they know they will get a return on their investment. They would cease to be a company if they only did high risk investments.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 205
Posted: 11/24/2014 1:19:52 AM
^
That's the same crap Dave Grohl spews... blaming the medium for himself only hearing crappy artists... and not his own laziness in his old age when it comes to seeking out great bands. Digital is no different than analog insofar as capturing sound. You can turn off the grid, just like you could cut up and align tape (trust me, artists did it) back in the day. The difference is: His old ass lives in a myopic world of big-selling artists, and he's no longer surrounded by grassroots bands that aren't in it for the money... so, if he doesn't interact with the underground culture or skim the independent blogs for the great bands, he doesn't hear them.

But, that doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means him (and you) are crotchety old ginks who missed the memo on where you find good music post ~2005 or so while you were filling your pockets with your careers... which I TOTALLY get. Just don't use that as an excuse to disseminate false information about the health of the music scene or the functionality of the recording medium.
 Witchfinder1545
Msg: 206
Posted: 12/6/2014 10:43:09 AM
It's easy. They're no good because they don't have to be.
If effort is not required, then effort will not be made.
 Orione7
Msg: 207
Posted: 12/28/2014 12:08:06 PM
Listen to Steel Panther and have a laugh...
 bluespikedshell
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2014 4:24:38 PM
Indeed.

Steel Panther and Airbourne.
 CanadianMusicMan12
Msg: 209
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:55:30 AM
Airbourne makes me want to vomit. Same with Nickelcrap. Honestly, I didn't think rock music could get any more mediocre until I heard those bands. Thank god Foo Fighters are still around, proof that good rock isn't dead.
 bluespikedshell
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 10:38:10 AM
I'm not a fan of Nickelback or Foo Fighters but to each his own. At least bands like Slayer and Megadeth are still going strong.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 10:58:20 AM
Steel Panther - Glory Hole. Disturbing. Very disturbing.
 cooldog65
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2015 10:38:44 PM
Steel Panther..."17 Girls In A Row"

I fu*ked 17 girls in a row last night and 10 of them gave me head
I had to tip the maid a hundred dollar bill to clean the wet spot off the bed, yes I did
The very next day I told the guys, they flipped me off and said that's all lies
Got to admit I was a little peaved, Stix and Lexxi wouldn't believe

I fu*ked seventeen
Seventeen girls in a row
What a dirty hoe
I banged 17 girls in the grocery store and never lost my erection, no
They had to mop all sperm in aisle 3 and some poop in the produce sex-sex-sex-tion, stinky
When I told the boys in the band they said motherfu*ker, you're out of your fu*king head
I don't lie about the girls I screw, they're all so jealous 'cause they know it's true

I fu*ked seventeen
Seventeen girls in a row, yes I, yes I did

Seventeen girls in a row
Seventeen girls, I shoot my blanks in every hole
Seventeen girls in a row
When I was done, they were begging for more

I fu*ked 17 girls at the trailer park down in Memphis, Tennessee
I whipped out my di*k and they got on their knees, like they were all getting ready to pray
Wham to the bam to the thank you ma'am, then I praised the Lord like Billy Graham
Hell, maybe where I'm gonna go, but when we get there I'm pretty sure the Devil will know

I fu*ked seventeen
Seventeen girls in a row

Sweet, young, juicy pu*sy
I fu*ked seventeen girls in a row

Hop on that cameltoe

Kind of a cool song...
 nocrapzone
Msg: 214
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:02:03 PM
^^

I really doubt that is stone cold truth..not actually autobiographical..

I'd like to see evidence that the singer f*cked 17 girls in a row

if so I'd buy him beer all night long
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 215
Posted: 8/25/2015 5:23:30 PM

The difference between then and now is NOBODY wants to take a chance on original sounding artists anymore because they can just play it safe by selling formula CRAP to the masses of sheep who encourage this dreadful cycle to continue by eating it up with a spoon over and over again.

Exactly !
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2015 1:50:31 PM
We just have other fads or trends musically which are predominating culturally right now. Hopefully, before I die, rock will come back around. And hopefully the kinds I like.

On that note...it hits me really odd and funny when I'm small-talking with someone, they'll say something about some hip-hopish stuff on their mobile device, and they say something like "I love this part coming up when it starts really popping..." It makes me cringe. I can't tell what part is "really popping". It's not musically "epic" at all, or even slightly interesting. Has no power or groove. Pop? It "pops"? It's like they're musically naïve...thinking that such a thing is "popping". Like, huh?

Let me play you something that actually "pops"...and is played on actual instruments instead of synthesized...
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 220
Posted: 8/27/2015 2:56:08 PM

Steel Panther..."17 Girls In A Row"

I fu*ked 17 girls in a row last night and 10 of them gave me head
I had to tip the maid a hundred dollar bill to clean the wet spot off the bed, yes I did
The very next day I told the guys, they flipped me off and said that's all lies
Got to admit I was a little peaved, Stix and Lexxi wouldn't believe

I fu*ked seventeen
Seventeen girls in a row
What a dirty hoe
I banged 17 girls in the grocery store and never lost my erection, no
They had to mop all sperm in aisle 3 and some poop in the produce sex-sex-sex-tion, stinky
When I told the boys in the band they said motherfu*ker, you're out of your fu*king head
I don't lie about the girls I screw, they're all so jealous 'cause they know it's true

I fu*ked seventeen
Seventeen girls in a row, yes I, yes I did

Seventeen girls in a row
Seventeen girls, I shoot my blanks in every hole
Seventeen girls in a row
When I was done, they were begging for more

I fu*ked 17 girls at the trailer park down in Memphis, Tennessee
I whipped out my di*k and they got on their knees, like they were all getting ready to pray
Wham to the bam to the thank you ma'am, then I praised the Lord like Billy Graham
Hell, maybe where I'm gonna go, but when we get there I'm pretty sure the Devil will know

I fu*ked seventeen
Seventeen girls in a row

Sweet, young, juicy pu*sy

Hop on that cameltoe

Kind of a cool song...

It's Rubbish:(

...never heard of it
 Baffalobill
Msg: 221
Posted: 8/29/2015 5:45:52 AM

Because they are aloud to be ... !!!!
Its all based on a huge Corporate wealth, Business Enterprise...

Forget the Art...............

There is a utube clip of 1 Frank Zappa expressing his views that the

" Music World was much safer in the care of basic honest and some what naive Entrepreneurs e.g. Colonel Tom parker, Brian Epstein , Peter Grant etc... who were willing to take a chance in backing actual talented musicians .

More so then the intense business hip fashion wannibes that we have do day "
 PiggyTheCowardSlayer
Msg: 222
Posted: 8/29/2015 2:20:44 PM

Because they are aloud to be ... !!!!
Its all based on a huge Corporate wealth, Business Enterprise...

Please. There has never been a time in history where the music business *wasn't* about business before music.
Yes, expectations of immediate success are much stronger than they once were, but don't fool yourself into believing the music business ever existed for the sole purpose of helping talented people live their dreams and filling the world with "quality music".

Also, let me reiterate, if you have any complaints about not finding good music today, it's your own fault for settling for what the mainstream serves you. More genres and sub-genres exist today than ever before.
 cooldog65
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:07:58 AM
^^^^^ Keep slaying the cowards pig. Welcome back.

I'm discovering so much music this year alone. None of it's rock, but old school soul.
 PiggyTheCowardSlayer
Msg: 224
Posted: 8/30/2015 12:06:58 PM

I'm discovering so much music this year alone. None of it's rock, but old school soul.

I can dig some old school soul. It's amazing what's classified as "soul" today, though.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 225
Posted: 9/5/2015 10:01:54 PM
Yea Rhythm'n'Blues / Soul in my opinion meant... The sound was HONEST and RAW - Wilson Picket , Otis Reeding , Sam Cooke , The Funk Brothers, Sam & Dave , Geno Washington etc....

Not this overly Produced / Refined , Predictable " Sampled Crap " of today..........
 hahashakeoff997
Msg: 226
Posted: 9/9/2015 10:17:07 PM
obviously you have checked me out, I'm the future tootz

https://soundcloud.com/kyle-jones-18

https://www.reverbnation.com/cyberphonicjazz?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav
 aworldoutside
Msg: 227
Posted: 9/13/2015 5:05:02 PM
As with almost everything in this day and age, it is adulterated and most meaning is lost, even our own lives in the midst of global purging...music has lost most of its value, due to the general population declaring degeneracy over regeneracy, the "yolo" lifestyle in which hardly anyone acts for the soul anymore, the soul of music is extinguished within the overall body of common music nowadays. It is unfortunate, but as with many other subjects there is meaning to be found, beyond the walls of what are thrown at us, or imposed upon us as a whole. There is still great music to be found in the underground, and we wont find it on radios, or anywhere in the general media. We may get hints of it through other sources of talent, but ultimately, one has to truly dig and find music that resonates with them on a deeper level.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Why are most new rock bands terrible?